PDA

View Full Version : Glad Påsk/Happy Easter

Ozrage
2011-04-21, 14:12
I'm off work now untill tuesday. Thanks easter! Maybe do some fishing and other relaxing activities.

What do you usually do during Easter? I'm irreligious so I don't bother with the religious background. Nor do I paint eggs or eat easterbunnies. Sounds fun though.

For you who celebrate it Happy Easter/Glad påsk.

alfieb
2011-04-21, 14:19
Go to Church.
Lamb for dinner.

That's all.

Una
2011-04-21, 14:38
Saturday I will paint eggs with the peels of onion. I will bake special Easter bread. On Sunday I will go to visit my family, we are going to have Easter breakfast, that includes the egg fight! Swinging on swings is a really important element of Easter traditions, we do that so that the mosquitoes wouldn’t trouble us during the summer. We usually also have this game, when my grandparents hide eggs in the garden and all the others need to find them. And remember, you must eat eggs with the salt, otherwise you will lie the rest of the year. ;)

gr2001
2011-04-21, 14:41
Relatives and friends, we all gather at the church of the neighbourhood around midnight for ~15 minutes, while some youngsters bring crackers. and roasted lamb for the Easter Sunday. Common things for everyone, religious or not. And breaking some red eggs too.

Multilingual
2011-04-21, 19:40
Attend a family party and I'll contribute a dish or dessert on the table.

OldPretan
2011-04-21, 23:46
I'm off work now untill tuesday. Thanks easter! Maybe do some fishing and other relaxing activities.

What do you usually do during Easter? I'm irreligious so I don't bother with the religious background. Nor do I paint eggs or eat easterbunnies. Sounds fun though.

For you who celebrate it Happy Easter/Glad påsk.

Don't worry Oz, it's not Christian.
Easter, Eostre, Ashtoreth, Astarte, Asherah, Ishtar, Isis, Astrid, Astrud.

Ekarfi
2011-04-21, 23:49
Don't worry Oz, it's not Christian.
Easter, Eostre, Ashtoreth, Astarte, Asherah, Ishtar, Isis, Astrid, Astrud.

In fact it's Jewish (Pesach) by origin.

Olga
2011-04-21, 23:52
i'm irreligious too but I love tradition and my culture so I still keep that alive especially since I am living in a foreign country. my sister and my brother in law are going to paint eggs and prepare a basket with food to get it blessed for easter morning -- it's fun to me at least :).

easter is christian doesn't matter what it's called -- you do realize most christians don't speak English and that the holiday was observed even before Christianity went to any Germanic speaking country ?? no one denies that most European cultures syncretize pagan traditions into the Christian ones -- like Slavs painting eggs -- but to say it's a pagan holiday makes no sense.

Ozrage
2011-04-22, 08:04
In fact it's Jewish (Pesach) by origin.
Påsk/pesach so.. Thanks the jews for my two days off? :lol:

Read that alot of you mentioned lamb. We did eat lamb steak around easter in my family as well.