PDA

View Full Version : Do Croatians and Slovenians cluster genetically more with Northern Slavs than

portugalo
2011-04-27, 00:23
with Greeks, Bulgarians, and Romanians?

Based on this chart it seems so. How accurate is it?:

duje
2011-04-27, 00:42
with Greeks, Bulgarians, and Romanians?

Based on this chart it seems so. How accurate is it?:

Slovenians are most similar to Austrians, and Czechs, basically Germanic-Slavic mix. Very high r1a+r1b combination, in addition to I2a2.

With Croats and Bosniaks , the most prevelevent HG is I2a2, altho Bosniaks have middle eastern component.

Serbs, Montenegrin, Bulgars and Macedonians are something like mix of Croats and Albanians/Greeks in terms of haplogroups, very diverse countries.

Nordenskjöld
2011-04-27, 00:44
Why is Albania in that place? :s

duje
2011-04-27, 00:47

:D because map doesn't make sense

BobMarley
2011-04-29, 17:01
Slovenians maybe, when I was there it was obvious that they are lighter in terms of pigmentation then Bosnians, Croats and Serbs but also noticably darker then Czech people.

Stefahn
2011-04-29, 17:29
With Croats and Bosniaks , the most prevelevent HG is I2a2, altho Bosniaks have middle eastern component.

I2a2 is also the most common haplogroup in Serbia.

Jozo
2011-04-30, 10:53
Well in Slovenia or in the northern parts of Croatia there might be people that generally cluster with northern Slavs. But in the southern parts the people more cluster with southern Slavs. Dark eyes, hair and olive skin are quite common in the south. Although Croatia is pretty diverse, you can find blondes and blue eyed people throughout the whole country, but they are more common in the north.

safinator
2012-04-08, 15:59
Because there's where should it be.

safinator
2012-06-08, 16:47
Slovenians are most similar to Austrians, and Czechs, basically Germanic-Slavic mix. Very high r1a+r1b combination, in addition to I2a2.

Serbs, Montenegrin, Bulgars and Macedonians are something like mix of Croats and Albanians/Greeks in terms of haplogroups, very diverse countries.
Bosniaks don't have Middle Eastern component.

mujahida
2012-08-03, 17:46
Croats cluster with Serbians and Albanians. Northern Slavs are different.

Alaron
2012-08-03, 18:00
Croats cluster with Serbians and Albanians. Northern Slavs are different.

Croats in 23andme fall out of being more Northern Euro while Albanians are more Southern Euro than all of Balkanites.It is clear to me that there is a division on clustering in Balkans with Balkan Slavs being related more to eachother and Albanians being slightly more distant to them.