PDA

View Full Version : The Samson option

Ubirajara
2010-02-02, 11:10
If Israel goes down, Europe will follow. At least that's what top Israeli Military analyst Martin van Creveld has warned about. It is called the "Samson option". In a September 2003 interview in Elsevier (Dutch weekly) on Israel and the dangers it faces from Iran, the Palestinians and world opinion van Creveld stated:
We possess several hundred atomic warheads and rockets and can launch them at targets in all directions, perhaps even at Rome. Most European capitals are targets for our air force…. We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that will happen before Israel goes under.http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2003/sep/21/israelandthepalestinians.bookextracts

The Middle Eastern conflict affects Europe entirely.

Samson commits suicide and kills the Philistines

The Samson Option is a term used to describe Israel’s alleged deterrence strategy of massive retaliation with nuclear weapons as a “last resort” against nations whose military attacks threaten its existence, and possibly against other targets as well.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_option

moleson
2010-02-02, 11:18
Freaks!

EliasAlucard
2010-02-02, 11:22
Ubirajara, I know this is difficult to you, but please, try adding quote tags per rule 1.1.2:

insert quoted text here//mod

---------- Post added 2010-02-02 at 12:31 ----------

Radical and intellectual critic of Judaism, Kevin MacDonald, has touched upon this, in his Understanding Jewish Influence articles:
Here we see Jewish moral particularism combined with a profound sense of historical grievance—hatred by any other name—against European civilization and a desire for the end of Europe as a Christian civilization with its traditional ethnic base. According to the SWC, the menaces of “extremism, hate and fundamentalism”—prototypically against Jews—can only be repaired by jettisoning the traditional cultural and ethnic basis of European civilization. Events that happened five hundred years ago are still fresh in the minds of Jewish activists—a phenomenon that should give pause to everyone in an age when Israel has control of nuclear weapons and long-range delivery systems.31

Indeed, a recent article on Assyrians in the U.S. shows that many Jews have not forgiven or forgotten events of 2,700 years ago, when the Northern Israelite kingdom was forcibly relocated to the Assyrian capital of Nineveh: “Some Assyrians say Jews are one group of people who seem to be more familiar with them. But because the Hebrew Bible describes Assyrians as cruel and ruthless conquerors, people such as the Rev. William Nissan say he is invariably challenged by Jewish rabbis and scholars about the misdeeds of his ancestors.”32

31. Interview with Dutch-Israeli military historian Martin van Creveld, January 30, 2003: “We possess several hundred atomic warheads and rockets and can launch them at targets in all directions, perhaps even at Rome. Most European capitals are targets for our air force. . . . Our armed forces . . . are not the thirtieth strongest in the world, but rather the second or third. We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that will happen, before Israel goes under.” http://www.de.indymedia.org/2003/01/39170.shtml (https://www.flashback.org/leave.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.de.indymedia.org%2F20 03%2F01%2F39170.shtml)

32. Assyrians hope for U.S. protection, Los Angeles Times (Orange County Edition), February 17, 2003, p. B8.Source: http://theoccidentalquarterly.com/archives/vol3no2/km-understanding.html

If Jews still hold grudges over what Assyrians did 2,700 years ago, imagine what Jews think of Europeans today, and the fact that Israel possesses nuclear weapons.

ayepod
2010-02-02, 11:40
What is being speculated here, that Israel, on the ropes, would wipe out the Western world with it? I'm sceptical about that. I can easily believe that Mecca would be nuked, or at least the Sacred Mosque destroyed in an air strike, were Israel to be cornered and isolated.

EliasAlucard
2010-02-02, 11:43
What is being speculated here, that Israel, on the ropes, would wipe out the Western world with it? I'm sceptical about that. I can easily believe that Mecca would be nuked, or at least the Sacred Mosque destroyed in an air strike, were Israel to be cornered and isolated.Personally I wouldn't mind Israel nuking Mecca, heck, I'd support Israel in this context. But when Israel or random yet influential Israeli Jews threaten to take down the rest of the world with Israel's fall, that's a serious problem.

Ubirajara
2010-02-02, 11:44
The point is the Samson option, a military option, the massive retaliation that Israel would probably bring about, in case its downfall would happen. Martin van Creveld, a top military analyst, has warned that Europe and the whole world would go down before Israel "goes under". That's serious! If an Iranian military analyst had said that, I would not know what would have happened. As a matter of fact, I am yet to see a top military analyst from any country who has threatened to bring the world down.

Cail
2010-02-02, 11:52
I don't see Israel going down any time soon anyway. But nuking West would be very illogical in that case, i'd rather nuke Muslims if i was Israeli (or even if i wasn't, but had some nukes :lol:).

Baboon
2010-02-02, 11:52
I say bring it. It would be worth it. :D

But it's not going to happen. First of, they would chicken out. They're Jews. And secondly, the constant war will grind them down economically, morally and demographically until they collapse. When it comes to Israel we can all sleep soundly in the knowledge that them Muslims will take care of that problem. Getting rid of them in the rest of the world will be the tricky part.

ayepod
2010-02-02, 12:10
I say bring it. It would be worth it. :D

But it's not going to happen. First of, they would chicken out. They're Jews. And secondly, the constant war will grind them down economically, morally and demographically until they collapse. When it comes to Israel we can all sleep soundly in the knowledge that them Muslims will take care of that problem. Getting rid of them in the rest of the world will be the tricky part.

You think Jews are chickens? Maybe the younger generations are softer, but certainly in the 50s and 60s the Israelis proved they are tough to crack.

It is a powder keg scenario. A small population that feels constantly threatened, surrounded by alien peoples. Demographics are against Israel, so it is increasingly hard to remain a Jewish state. And they have nuclear weapons! Going to be a fun 21st Century in that neck of the woods.

pinguin
2010-02-02, 12:19
I believe Martin Van Creveld lie, and that he doesn't represent the thinking and the goverment of Israel.

Ubirajara
2010-02-02, 12:21
The Samson option isn't about Martin van Creveld. It is a military option of the Israeli state. The quote was only an illustration, nothing more.

Seymour Hersh, The Samson Option: Israel's Nuclear Arsenal and American Foreign Policy, Random House, 1991, 42, 136-137, 288-289

"The Samson Option is a term used to describe Israel’s alleged deterrence strategy of massive retaliation with nuclear weapons as a “last resort” against nations whose military attacks threaten its existence, and possibly against other targets as well".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_option

EliasAlucard
2010-02-02, 12:22
I believe Martin Van Creveld lie, and that he doesn't represent the thinking and the goverment of Israel.I believe you're mistaken in your conclusion. The Israeli regime is ten times worse than the threats of Martin van Creveld. But Jews are not stupid, especially not those in government positions. Zionist officials know they can't say such things in public, because they'd lose political support from the rest of the world.

No doubt though, this is a very common attitude amongst Zionist Jews.

Baboon
2010-02-02, 12:26
You think Jews are chickens? Maybe the younger generations are softer, but certainly in the 50s and 60s the Israelis proved they are tough to crack.

It is a powder keg scenario. A small population that feels constantly threatened, surrounded by alien peoples. Demographics are against Israel, so it is increasingly hard to remain a Jewish state. And they have nuclear weapons! Going to be a fun 21st Century in that neck of the woods.

1. Yes, they did beat the Arabs. But then again the Arabs had been failing badly for a long time already. My point anyway is that they seem to believe this would discourage Europe (I mean it's hardly directed towards the Muslims or the Americans) from letting Israel fall. But there are plenty of people in Europe that would gladly go down if it meant the end of the Jews. At least in the East, don't know what the deal is in France or Britain.

2. That's very true. But if they push the button, they're dead for sure. If they abandon the state and go back into diaspora they at least have a small chance of making it elsewhere. Given the choice between these options, I'm banking they would evacuate and get the EU to take them back in. They have done this before, after all.

http://christophermattix.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/hitler-poster.jpg

pinguin
2010-02-02, 12:30
I believe you're mistaken in your conclusion. The Israeli regime is ten times worse than the threats of Martin van Creveld. But Jews are not stupid, especially not those in government positions. Zionist officials know they can't say such things in public, because they'd lose political support from the rest of the world.

No doubt though, this is a very common attitude amongst Zionist Jews.

I doubt Israel has such power, anyways. I bet this is just a campain to scare (European) chickens.

Silk
2017-07-28, 04:40
The Samson Option is similar to Soviet Union’s infamous Dead Hand operating system. (http://knowledgenuts.com/2014/03/26/dead-hand-russias-terrifying-doomsday-device/) Personally, I don't think the Western world will let Israel get to a situation where, exercising the Samson Option is a realistic prospect. Israel cannot destroy all of Europe, without leaving itself pants down for the Arabs. The interesting thing is that, no mainstream US politician even dares to mention that Israel has nuclear weapons. There seems to be an unwritten convention in America, that this subject cannot be discussed. We can only speculate on which countries the Israelis have targeted with nuclear weapons. One Jewish professor justifies (https://books.google.com.ph/books?id=ntpyaiwadXsC&pg=PA148&dq=israel+peace+activists+european+statesmen&hl=en&sa=X&ei=vra9U8mBO4fxoATCzIHACg#v=onepage&q=israel%20peace%20activists%20european%20statesme n&f=false) the plan, saying that unlike the past 3,000 plus years, when the Jews were persecuted while the rest of the world just watched, this time they have the capability to take everyone with them to oblivion. Israeli poet, and Holocaust survivor Itamar Yaoz-Kest also hinted at the existence of the Samson Option with the following line of poetry: (http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/154608#.U722W5SSyy6)

If you force us yet again to descend from the face of the Earth or the depths of the Earth—let the Earth roll toward the Nothingness.

I think this goes further than simply the immediate relations between Iran and the West/Israel. Iran's goal is to preserve Syria’s institutions, including the army and the intelligence services, because the implosion of the regime could facilitate the ‘ascendance of an alliance of Sunni extremist groups that are anti-Shia, anti-Iran and anti-Hezbollah’, and we have seen the results of unbridled conflict between Shia and Sunni played out in Syria and Iraq to bloody effect. That schism exists to varying extents throughout the Middle East, and further afield. Iran is already a major power both militarily and industrially, compared to it's immediate Sunni rivals. The danger stems initially form escalation in conflicts, where certain groups see themselves as being backed by Iran to the hilt. Thereafter, regional nuclear proliferation is the greater danger. Russia who look happy enough to arm anyone up who asks for it, seem to believe that they are isolated from the fallout of any such conflict. Europe however will not be.