PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever consider about living in other coutry?.

Arminfrench
2012-05-21, 23:23
Hi there.

Gals and lads, have you ever coinsider to live in other country?.

In recent times I've been playing with the idea of leaving México and move abroad.

I have nothing decided nor arranged so far but I have been thinking on some cities that I consider are fairly appealing IMO

Some of them are:

1.- San Diego California.

2.- Vancouver BC.

3.- Albuquerque NM.

5.- Quebec.

So what do you guys think about those options?.

Im not intereste in big cities because, I have lived all my life in one, life in Mexico city is to hard, I work a lot, have a little time for me and my family and dont make big money.

Traffic jams are a monumental pain in the arse.

So forummites what would be your options if you decided to move yo another country different to yours?.

Cheers.

Una
2012-05-21, 23:28
Yes I have and there are only two reasons why I could do that:
1. I fall in love
2. I find a super cool job, that I love ect, but I have thought about working abroad only if the job is connected with Latvia, so I guess I could move only for love...

Gungnir
2012-05-21, 23:29
About 13 years ago I looked into moving to Australia. It was pretty much impossible since I wasn't a doctor or engineer or something of that nature.

San Diego is nice. I lived there from the time I was 6 months old until I was 5 and my little sister was born there. My family had actually lived there for years before relocating back to Ohio during my mothers pregnancy. All I remember is that it had nice beaches.

Gavroche
2012-05-21, 23:34
1. Belgium

2. French Canada

3. United Kingdom , especially England, after Scotland

Kate Senatskaya
2012-05-21, 23:38
Hi there.

In recent times I've been playing with the idea of leaving México and move abroad.

I have nothing decided nor arranged so far but I have been thinking on some cities that I consider are fairly appealing IMO

Some of them are:

2.- Vancouver BC.

3.- Albuquerque NM.

5.- Quebec.

Im not intereste in big cities because, I have lived all my life in one, life in Mexico city is to hard, I work a lot, have a little time for me and my family and dont make big money.

So forummites what would be your options if you decided to move yo another country different to yours?.

Cheers.

I do not like big cities because of jams and (other things like this) too!))
But I will have to live in them, cause I want to be a scientist. I will live there I will have a chance to have more interesting scientific job.
and I prefer to live near my parents cause they need me.
If I did not want to be a scientist, I'd prefer to move from place to place all over the world :D Or to live in the best city in the world - Vyborg :thumbsup:

Fedex
2012-05-21, 23:39
Yes, I'm seriously considering moving to the United States.

Prince Chupacabra
2012-05-21, 23:42
I would like to move Vancouver and hopefully will. As far as other counties go maybe chezch republic or Poland.

jr1
2012-05-21, 23:45
Might like the States, English speaking, wealthy, fairly conservative (when compared to most of Western Europe), guns galore, fast food, proper freedom of speech, wide open roads etc :thumbsup: Then again, there are downsides to everything.

Other than that, I might have moved to RSA under the old system but not now; hot, cheapish by English standards, good standard of living for Whites, there was a reasonably low crime rate in White areas under Apartheid etc

Never been attracted, massively, to Australia or NZ.

UAE, or even Saudi, would be nice. I'm not a woman and I don't really drink alcohol (put it this way, I could easily live without alcohol for the rest of my life if it meant having a well-paid job and good lifestyle in Saudi Arabia).

Might move to Spain, could come back to England easily.

Arminfrench
2012-05-21, 23:47
About 13 years ago I looked into moving to Australia. It was pretty much impossible since I wasn't a doctor or engineer or something of that nature.

San Diego is nice. I lived there from the time I was 6 months old until I was 5 and my little sister was born there. My family had actually lived there for years before relocating back to Ohio during my mothers pregnancy. All I remember is that it had nice beaches.

Yes San Diego sounds like an excellent place moreover it is within walking distance from Tijuana...you know....the polleros just smuggle you the other side of the border and nothing more and I wouldnt like to walk for too long in the desert...:whoco: :lol::lol:

http://www.firecoalition.com/images/illegalscrossingfence.jpg

J/K of course....:lol::lol::lol:

I`m actually considering about the E-2 Treaty Investor VISA.

---------- Post added 2012-05-21 at 17:48 ----------

I do not like big cities because of jams and (other things like this) too!))
But I will have to live in them, cause I want to be a scientist. I will live there I will have a chance to have more interesting scientific job.
and I prefer to live near my parents cause they need me.
If I did not want to be a scientist, I'd prefer to move from place to place all over the world :D Or to live in the best city in the world - Vyborg :thumbsup:

Then if you lived in Mexico City you would know what hell in earth is.....:|

Kate Senatskaya
2012-05-21, 23:51
Then if you lived in Mexico City you would know what hell in earth is.....:|

I know the hell is on Earth! I was in Moscow this year. for a week... and I am still alive! :thumbsup::thumbsup::lol::lol::lol:

anoniem
2012-05-21, 23:52
for some reason i would love to live in France, there is something about the country that attracts me....not sure what.

well i lived in NL and currently in Britain, Germany seems fine but it kinda reminds me to much to NL not that there is something wrong with it.

so it is a toss between France or Canada

---------- Post added 2012-05-21 at 23:52 ----------

1. Belgium

2. French Canada

where about would you want to live in England

Gavroche
2012-05-22, 00:06
where about would you want to live in England

London. Or in a little town of that type :
http://a57.foxnews.com/images/488002/450/350/1_21_glastonbury_town.jpg
http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/P1-AQ182_Twins1_G_20090607153231.jpg
http://www.lloydianaspects.co.uk/photography/knaresborough/station.jpg
http://www.setowns.org.uk/_assets/client/images/collateral/DorkingTown.jpg

I love english countryside , it's so beautiful

---------- Post added 2012-05-22 at 01:09 ----------

1. Belgium

2. French Canada

I forgot to explain why .

1. Belgium : same mentalities of France , beautiful towns .
2. French canada : Peoples speaks french, landscape are beautiful and amazing, town are beautiful .
3. United Kingdom : I love british culture

mac
2012-05-22, 00:09
To be honest, I've been raised Canada and the US my entire life. Specifically, the province of Ontario and state of California. I can't imagine living outside of the western world but I've always thought about living in London, England or perhaps a city like Frankfurt, Germany or Brussels, Belgium if I was in the country for business.

Other places that interest me are Singapore, Malaysia, Netherlands or France. However, I prefer English speaking cities or cities with at least 25% of the city able to communicate in English. So, India is an option but I prefer it to be more developed and less corrupt before thinking about actually living there.

anoniem
2012-05-22, 00:13

I forgot to explain why .

1. Belgium : same mentalities of France , beautiful towns .
2. French canada : Peoples speaks french, landscape are beautiful and amazing, town are beautiful .
3. United Kingdom : I love british culture

the english countryside is indeed very beautiful...in some villages it feels like you are back in time absolutley stunning.

the city York is really beautiful

Pilgrim
2012-05-22, 00:13

That is funny, we have a similar story. I lived in San Diego when I was little ( 3-9 years old) My younger brother was born there.

Also, I was going to move to Australia, I bought the plane ticket and everything. My bestfriend is from there and she was moving back and invited me to live with her. There was some drama last minute and I did not go. Kind of a bummer but it was meant to be, i suppose.

jr1
2012-05-22, 00:15
the english countryside is indeed very beautiful...in some villages it feels like you are back in time absolutley stunning

Do you live/have you lived here?

Gavroche
2012-05-22, 00:15
the english countryside is indeed very beautiful...in some villages it feels like you are back in time absolutley stunning

Yes , I agree :p It's make all the charm . I really like those kind of places ! :thumbsup:

anoniem
2012-05-22, 00:18
Do you live/have you lived here?

dude, i live in North west England;)

sgc2009
2012-05-22, 00:18
Yup, I'm moving to Israel next year.

Other places I'd consider is Italy and USA.

jr1
2012-05-22, 00:20
dude, i live in North west England;)

I thought you lived in Dijbouti. :lol:

anoniem
2012-05-22, 00:24
I thought you lived in Dijbouti. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: what makes you think i lived in Djibouti..my parents are from there i use to live in Holland but i have been living in England for quite some time.

i thought you knew..

Curiouscat
2012-05-22, 00:24
I'm going to move to the south / south west of Turkey soon enough, perhaps even to North Cyprus.

Just because I want my daughter to grow up in a more "town/village" environment. Be able to play out till late, have a lot more nature around her, be beside the sea....*you get the picture*

She can always come to London later if she gets bored :P

Opie
2012-05-22, 00:30
I found my home, the US is not perfect but it's home. San Diego to San Luis Obispo and from Nogales to Las Vegas is my home. If I move again before I die, it probably will not be outside my home.

Arminfrench
2012-05-22, 00:32
Some of you guys have an opinion about Albuquerue New Mexico?...

Gavroche
2012-05-22, 00:34

Here that town is only know for High school musical lol . With what I saw in that film, that seems to be a cool town, but the fact it's in the desert it's a big turn off for me

Tchekitchek
2012-05-22, 00:44
Germany (west germany due to affinity): There is something that attracts me to Germany, an efficiency, I kinda like the language though i might find the country dull after a while. But I feel that this is the only country in Europe that haven't turned crap.

England: I never been to England and especially London, but the people are kinda friendly as far as I know, and I speak the language.

Paris: I know that living in Paris is an hell, but the northern/eastern part of Paris attracts me due to it being more "low key".

US: I'd live in some creepy remote town somewhere in the midwest where some yokel in a lone cabin will spit at my feet and tell me not to go in a forest up there. I expect zombies. I hope Hollywood didn't lie to me.

Arminfrench
2012-05-22, 00:47
Germany (west germany due to affinity): There is something that attracts me to Germany, an efficiency, I kinda like the language though i might find the country dull after a while. But I feel that this is the only country in Europe that haven't turned crap.

England: I never been to England and especially London, but the people are kinda friendly as far as I know, and I speak the language.

Paris: I know that living in Paris is an hell, but the northern/eastern part of Paris attracts me due to it being more "low key".

US: I'd live in some creepy remote town somewhere in the midwest where some yokel in a lone cabin will spit at my feet and tell me not to go in a forest up there. I expect zombies. I hope Hollywood didn't lie to me.

Zombies???... That's a hard one mate...but dont be dissapointed maybe you can find yourself a "nice" serial killer.... that would be more likely for you to find and certainly way more dangeros than the zombies....:|

Tchekitchek
2012-05-22, 00:54
Zombies???... That's a hard one mate...but dont be dissapointed maybe you can find yourself a "nice" serial killer.... that would be more likely for you to find and certainly way more dangeros than the zombies....:|

no zombie then :| a serial killer or two would still be ok tho

elone
2012-05-22, 01:01
san diego is probably a good option. its close to mexico so if you ever get homesick you can go back more easily than in canada. actually if you lived in SD it would probably be alot like mexico haha. go to LA or something and live out in the suburbs. close to the city but far enough away from all the crime and horrible traffic. plus LA has all types of different cultural influences that you can experience because everyone flocks there.

Arminfrench
2012-05-22, 01:07
san diego is probably a good option. its close to mexico so if you ever get homesick you can go back more easily than in canada. actually if you lived in SD it would probably be alot like mexico haha. go to LA or something and live out in the suburbs. close to the city but far enough away from all the crime and horrible traffic. plus LA has all types of different cultural influences that you can experience because everyone flocks there.

No homesick for me mate..... I would only miss the Mexican beaches and maybe some two or three good spots at Mexico City that would bring me some nice memories.

I wouldnt think about LA I'm done with traffic jams and Crime.....

amerinese
2012-05-22, 01:09

I have been through there a couple of times, spent overnight there once.

I don't know much about it. Here is what comes to mind...

The wind seems to blow there a lot. There's a mountain nearby. Some defense contractors are there. Greg Jackson's MMA camp is there.

My mom busted my dad for dating a stripper there.

:lol:

elone
2012-05-22, 01:11
you could live in the country then, its quieter but chances are you'll miss the city life. in the city everything is nearby, in the country you have to travel to go places, or to get things from the store. my grandma has to drive like 30 minutes to just go to the store.. but on the flipside she doesn't have to lock her doors at night or keep a loaded pistol by here bed haha. so there are pluses and minuses.

Arminfrench
2012-05-22, 01:13
I have been through there a couple of times, spent overnight there once.

I don't know much about it. Here is what comes to mind...

The wind seems to blow there a lot. There's a mountain nearby. Some defense contractors are there. Greg Jackson's MMA camp is there.

My mom busted my dad for dating a stripper there.

:lol:

But what have you heard about it regarding crime rate, life quality, and business opportunities?...

amerinese
2012-05-22, 01:28
Saw a documentary about a Mexican-American gang in New Mexico that is based there.

Www.FBI.gov has crime stats for metro areas, which you could measure against areas of the US you are more familiar with.

Have met a couple of young professionals who relocated from there. White guy, Asian woman. They had been working for defense contractors, so would need security clearance which is easier to get if you're a US citizen.

They have an old established culture of anglicized former Mexicans from Spanish colonial times. Rancher type of people. Probably a lot of cultural overlap with west TX and northern Mexico. It would probably serve you well being multilingual there.

Small business opportunities would probably be there as with anywhere that isn't economically depressed. Depending on whether you were going to be a professional consultant in your field, or open a retail business or restaurant etc. obviously you would need to look at the specific area and local demand for products or services you would offer.

EiCibaeño
2012-05-22, 01:43
I wanted to move to Austria when I was 19. I've always been interested in New Zealand but like Gungir mentioned with Australia it's even stricter in standards I believe. I'm a cool dude and everything but I ain't got no doctorate.

Might like the States, English speaking, wealthy, fairly conservative (when compared to most of Western Europe), guns galore, fast food, proper freedom of speech, wide open roads etc :thumbsup

FUCK YEAH!

Ubirajara
2012-05-22, 01:46
I have never considered living abroad.

RomanoAzteca
2012-05-22, 01:46
I wanna live in Spain. I just hope it's not as racist as I hear it is sometimes. I would also like to live in New York or Japan :thumbsup:

Unome
2012-05-22, 03:44
Prussia I guess…

Arminfrench
2012-05-22, 04:01
Saw a documentary about a Mexican-American gang in New Mexico that is based there.

Www.FBI.gov has crime stats for metro areas, which you could measure against areas of the US you are more familiar with.

Have met a couple of young professionals who relocated from there. White guy, Asian woman. They had been working for defense contractors, so would need security clearance which is easier to get if you're a US citizen.

They have an old established culture of anglicized former Mexicans from Spanish colonial times. Rancher type of people. Probably a lot of cultural overlap with west TX and northern Mexico. It would probably serve you well being multilingual there.

Small business opportunities would probably be there as with anywhere that isn't economically depressed. Depending on whether you were going to be a professional consultant in your field, or open a retail business or restaurant etc. obviously you would need to look at the specific area and local demand for products or services you would offer.

It would be opening a a retail business or a restaurant.

Im experienced in both. ;)

---------- Post added 2012-05-21 at 21:02 ----------

Prussia I guess…

Prussia doesnt exist anymore mate....:|

pakistani
2012-05-22, 04:07
Might like the States, English speaking, wealthy, fairly conservative (when compared to most of Western Europe), guns galore, fast food, proper freedom of speech, wide open roads etc :thumbsup: Then again, there are downsides to everything.

Other than that, I might have moved to RSA under the old system but not now; hot, cheapish by English standards, good standard of living for Whites, there was a reasonably low crime rate in White areas under Apartheid etc

Never been attracted, massively, to Australia or NZ.

UAE, or even Saudi, would be nice. I'm not a woman and I don't really drink alcohol (put it this way, I could easily live without alcohol for the rest of my life if it meant having a well-paid job and good lifestyle in Saudi Arabia).

Might move to Spain, could come back to England easily.

Yes they are both nice, Saudi is a experience of a life time, almost every westerner I know who has lived there, has great memories of the place

Pilgrim
2012-05-22, 05:05
I've thought about moving to southern Spain for a bit to live with my family. Also. I've thought about moving to New Zealand, I have friends there and it's good land for farming...but the weather has been extreme for some years now so I've changed my mind about moving there, I was serious about it 6 years ago.

I have a friend who is local but is from Jamaica who keeps telling me how much I would love living and farming in Jamaica. It sounds nice. Then I fantasize about living in Norway,Sweden,Finland,and southern Germany:) to experience the glorious woods. I think I need to travel :)

---------- Post added 2012-05-22 at 04:09 ----------

Hi there.

Some of them are:

2.- Vancouver BC.

3.- Albuquerque NM.

5.- Quebec.

Cheers.

For me climate is important.
San Diego is sunny and some nice beaches.
Vancouver BC seems like a fun place to live, but cold and gray.

Arminfrench
2012-05-22, 05:15
I've thought about moving to southern Spain for a bit to live with my family. Also. I've thought about moving to New Zealand, I have friends there and it's good land for farming...but the weather has been extreme for some years now so I've changed my mind about moving there, I was serious about it 6 years ago.

I have a friend who is local but is from Jamaica who keeps telling me how much I would love living and farming in Jamaica. It sounds nice. Then I fantasize about living in Norway,Sweden,Finland,and southern Germany:) to experience the glorious woods. I think I need to travel :)

---------- Post added 2012-05-22 at 04:09 ----------

For me climate is important.
San Diego is sunny and some nice beaches.
Vancouver BC seems like a fun place to live, but cold and gray.

I have also thought about Spain and New zeland myself actually, both seem like a very good options.

Jamaica?... I dont think so, with all due respect Jamaica is a third world country and if I left Mexico I wouldnt like to go to a littler and weaker thind world country actually...

El Andullero
2012-05-22, 05:23
Either Brazil or (if it ever opens up), Cuba.

Tico
2012-05-22, 05:44

i love towns something like that is what i would look for too

ageladakos
2012-05-22, 06:13
I'm going to move to the south / south west of Turkey soon enough, perhaps even to North Cyprus.

Just because I want my daughter to grow up in a more "town/village" environment. Be able to play out till late, have a lot more nature around her, be beside the sea....*you get the picture*

She can always come to London later if she gets bored :P

imo the best size of town to live in is around 1000-5000 people, so it will not totaly be a boing village with all the shit mentalities implied but neither a dangerous faceless big town.

asingh
2012-05-22, 06:51
I just wish I could go back live and earn in my hometown.

Incanal
2012-05-22, 07:15
Yeah, I have considered it many times. For a while I wished the US but being honest my only interest was for getting pussy and that's all. Canada could be an option, it's somewhere between the US and Europe, the only drawback is the fucking weather. I've also considered Europe, but I'd like to go there for studies, find something I like.

Tsukonin
2012-05-22, 07:27
Yes, North America once I graduate. Japan if I have time.

In a more distant future, coming back to Italy and also my ancestors' homeland are two serious possibilities.

Svin
2012-05-22, 07:32
Always, though have never very seriously considered it. As much as I love my country and feel I will probably only ever truly belong here, I definitly have thought of living abroad in England, Scotland, the East Coast cities of America, Vancouver Canada, Singapore, Turkey, Israel. Guess its kind of an irony for me, that many are desperately eager to move to my country, while I can understand very well why.

Hoxxx
2012-05-22, 18:40
Brazil of course; a fascinating big country with beautiful women.

DragonRouge
2012-05-22, 18:43
Looking at the Netherlands.

Have lived in the US for a couple years (combined over several, I lived in Detroit and Dallas), have a green card.

Spent three months in the Faroe Islands.

Tchekitchek
2012-05-22, 19:08
Looking at the Netherlands.

Have lived in the US for a couple years (combined over several, I lived in Detroit and Dallas), have a green card.

Spent three months in the Faroe Islands.

why the netherlands?

Pilot
2012-05-22, 19:26
Yes, I've though about it a few times.

Mela-nun
2012-05-22, 19:32
Holland, Australia and Turkey or Greece

linnea
2012-05-22, 19:48
I'm moving to Nice in a year to study French. Brazil would be awesome too!

DragonRouge
2012-05-22, 19:51
why the netherlands?

They fast track IT workers plus I like the Dutch directness. I think I'd be happier (less anxious) there.

warrior
2012-05-22, 20:09
I may go to US and some other developed western countries like Switzerland, Germany,etc for 5-7 years but I think my own country is best for me.

2kayglobal
2012-05-22, 20:19
Russia looks like fun. I might move there:

http://s13.postimage.org/6o08adbkn/Russia.jpg

Ace of Spades
2012-05-22, 22:06
I've been moving about living to canada, since I have citizenship. But I don't think it will happen because i'll be alone and i'm connected to my country on top of that.

Curiouscat
2012-05-22, 22:54
imo the best size of town to live in is around 1000-5000 people, so it will not totaly be a boing village with all the shit mentalities implied but neither a dangerous faceless big town.

Well, I would rather live in a small town that is about an hour away from a big city "max" .. there are a lot of "new" villages set up in Turkey, inhabited by cool students and hippy peoples from Turkey, intertwined with "foreigners living permanently in Turkey", so it would suit me fine.
I would never move to a totally Turkish old school village with goats and chickens running about:|

amerinese
2012-05-23, 04:31
I would never move to a totally Turkish old school village with goats and chickens running about:|

Don't hate!

http://www.vagabondjourney.com/2009-1/09-3385-goat-harran-turkey.JPG

abenjaldún
2012-05-23, 11:13
I am considering the possibility of moving to Portugal the day I (:lol:at last:lol:) become a very rich guy.

Spain is a swindle...

LoneShadow92
2012-05-23, 19:42
Yes. I would like to move to Belarus or Ukraine.

Crypto
2012-05-23, 20:05
I wanna buy a boat to turn it into my own personal country. I'll move from place to place and I'll live from the tourists. Unfortunately, boats are very expensive.

Tsukonin
2012-05-23, 21:03
Yes, North America once I graduate. Japan if I have time.

In a more distant future, coming back to Italy and also my ancestors' homeland are two serious possibilities.

I just checked a few things with my uni today... The big step will be in summer 2014. I'll begin with Canada and then the US. :)

Curiouscat
2012-05-23, 21:11
Don't hate!

http://www.vagabondjourney.com/2009-1/09-3385-goat-harran-turkey.JPG

I'm not hating... :P

Just not loving! :p:D

Mister G
2012-05-24, 00:04
I was thinking about Australia or New Zealand, but leaning more to Australia due to its more robust economy

Pilgrim
2012-06-13, 23:02
I am again seriously thinking of selling my property, buying rentals and moving to New Zealand to the northern part of South Island in a small community because I am sick of the mentality here in the US and because I want to live where it is very beautiful and nice weather :) I have friends there who tell me I would love it. I need to visit there, I have a good feeling about it.
Living on the ring of fire is a little worrisome, but I am used to earthquakes since i lived in southern ca. I don't know but I am having fun entertaining the thought and researching New Zealand all over again, it's been 6 years since I last thought about it like this.

I think I will fit in well there.

bergh
2012-06-13, 23:15
I am again seriously thinking of selling my property, buying rentals and moving to New Zealand to the northern part of South Island in a small community because I am sick of the mentality here in the US and because I want to live where it is very beautiful and nice weather :) I have friends there who tell me I would love it. I need to visit there, I have a good feeling about it.
Living on the ring of fire is a little worrisome, but I am used to earthquakes since i lived in southern ca. I don't know but I am having fun entertaining the thought and researching New Zealand all over again, it's been 6 years since I last thought about it like this.

I think I will fit in well there.

If you have a laid back attitude and love spending time out in the wild, it's great.

modernsappho
2012-06-13, 23:29
I need to test the waters before I decide to move anywhere. But yes i've considered it of course. Greece seemed paradisaical, though not with their current economic conditions. So do Italy, Spain, Portugal...But I could live with being where i'm at now and taking a good 14 day long trip abroad a year and/or studying abroad, too. It is one of my goals to start traveling more (I've exhausted all of the US...)

I'll have my chance to test out Portugal hopefully by the Spring/Summer of next year. My roommate's friend(Lives in Portugal) and I will be trading places. I'll have a free place to crash so i'll only have to worry about getting my airplane ticket:thumbsup:. Sweet deal. I can see if Portugal is one of my dream cities.

evon
2012-06-13, 23:31
I have lived in UK, it was ok, but i feel more comfortable being home in my own country...in short here i can relax without feeling like i need to be someone i am not...

anoniem
2012-06-13, 23:32
I have lived in UK, it was ok, but i feel more comfortable being home in my own country...in short here i can relax without feeling like i need to be someone i am not...

where about in the UK have you lived

omgroflmao
2012-06-13, 23:33
Sure, I'm rather tired of the US. I've been here my whole life and I would like to experience somewhere different.

It just seems near impossible to move anywhere decent that I would be interested in. New Zealand and Australia are very difficult to move to and Europe is impossible.

Janos
2012-06-13, 23:36
wrong thread

evon
2012-06-13, 23:41
where about in the UK have you lived

I used to live in Lincolnshire...

Pilgrim
2012-06-14, 00:45
If you have a laid back attitude and love spending time out in the wild, it's great.

Yes, I think it's the place for me.
I read a blog by a man from London who moved to the same community in NZ that I am considering. He said everyday was heaven but he quickly became bored with perfection and missed the rat race back in London, he missed his office job and traffic even.... weirdo ;) I kind of understand what he must of been feeling, moving from the city to the rural countryside myself I know there is about a year to 2 years of a transition one experiences and a lot of thoughts and feelings flood you... but now I could never go back to the rat race/city life. I love living close with nature away from the crowds.

modernsappho
2012-06-14, 01:51
I need to test the waters before I decide to move anywhere. But yes i've considered it of course. Greece seemed paradisaical, though not with their current economic conditions. So do Italy, Spain, Portugal...But I could live with being where i'm at now and taking a good 14 day long trip abroad a year and/or studying abroad, too. It is one of my goals to start traveling more (I've exhausted all of the US...)

I'll have my chance to test out Portugal hopefully by the Spring/Summer of next year. My roommate's friend(Lives in Portugal) and I will be trading places. I'll have a free place to crash so i'll only have to worry about getting my airplane ticket:thumbsup:. Sweet deal. I can see if Portugal is one of my dream cities.

I knew I said something mega retarded. :whoco:;)

blank slate
2012-06-15, 19:49
Yep. I'm about 90% sure I'll be leaving after I tie up some loose ends here. Frankly, I don't think I'll fit in anywhere else, but such is life.

Ioke
2012-06-15, 19:55
I wanted to live in Hawaii... :)

Arminfrench
2012-06-15, 22:40
I knew I said something mega retarded. :whoco:;)

Well you dont worry about it we did get what you meant.

Portugal is a great place you gonna Love it!.

Pilgrim
2012-06-15, 22:55
Yep. I'm about 90% sure I'll be leaving after I tie up some loose ends here. Frankly, I don't think I'll fit in anywhere else, but such is life.

Where are you relocating?

Cinderella
2012-06-15, 23:13
Sometimes I have thought of being a tramp, asking for money in some supermarket's doorway, in the rural Basque Country.

I love anglosaxon countries but they are so far away...

Tchekitchek
2012-06-15, 23:26
Sometimes I have thought of being a tramp, asking for money in some supermarket's doorway, in the rural Basque Country.

I think you overrate a bit Anglo countries or north Europe.

Sakarisker
2012-06-15, 23:32

:confused:

http://jamillan.com/candidato/blog/uploaded_images/1157561045_extras_ladillos_1_2-734594.jpg

blank slate
2012-06-27, 00:01
Where are you relocating?

Aaah, that's a good question. I have a few locations in mind, but it really depends on a few very important things that I don't know the answer to just yet, like my job. I'm hoping and praying I find some certainty, but it's not easy.

ItaloPortuga
2012-06-27, 00:27
I lived abroad for 10 years, and although it was not a negative experience I don´t think I´d consider another long-term move. I do want to travel however, and would not be averse to spending up to 6 months or maybe even a year travelling in Europe.

geomattica
2012-06-27, 00:44
Right now I'm at a point in my life where I could use a change.

Number one hands down would be Japan.

Others of interest:

Kazakhstan
Korea
Macedonia
Portugal

Cyan
2017-09-01, 02:07
Yes of course but its not that easy to move to another country especially if you're from America.

hdaosu
2017-09-15, 04:04
I've thought about living in the Dominican Republic or Puerto Rico. I feel very much at home in the DR.

blacknwhiterose
2017-09-29, 17:16
Would love to live in Mexico DF and a few other capital cities in South America. Also, Spain, and Poland has growing appeal to me. Pretty girls, good food, walkable streets/good logistics, great architecture, nightlife, major airport hubs, are the things I love that have me curious to these places.

Litvin
2017-09-29, 18:43
Would love to live in Mexico DF and a few other capital cities in South America. Also, Spain, and Poland has growing appeal to me. Pretty girls, good food, walkable streets/good logistics, great architecture, nightlife, major airport hubs, are the things I love that have me curious to these places.

And may I ask where do you live now?

HeartBreak Kid
2017-09-29, 18:57
No, I have everything in Portugal fortunately, economic security, days of sun and heat, security, various life choices and great quality of life, I'm very happy in the country I was born.

Kriptc06
2017-09-29, 19:12
I was going to move to Portugal around 2007 with my family, but things didn't work out. Moving to Canada would be amazing, I have a degree, but I'm not sure if it's worth anything there.

blacknwhiterose
2017-09-29, 19:30
- - - Updated - - -

And may I ask where do you live now?

lllinois, USA, just outside of Chicago.

MnM
2017-09-29, 23:25
Nope. I thank God everyday for making me an American.

Otto_Strasser
2017-09-30, 00:09
1. Germany.
2. Austria.
3. Scotland.
4. Iceland.

My dream locations.

Six years ago I almost went backpacking in Sweden but backed out the last minute, glad I did since the country has deteriorated since then.

Janos
2017-09-30, 00:35
1. Germany.
2. Austria.
3. Scotland.
4. Iceland.

My dream locations.

Six years ago I almost went backpacking in Sweden but backed out the last minute, glad I did since the country has deteriorated since then.

And Germany, USA and Scotlans hasn't detoriated? What scary thing do you expect to find in Sweden that isn't lurking in the other countries you mentioned?

Una
2017-09-30, 18:56
Yes I have and there are only two reasons why I could do that:
1. I fall in love
2. I find a super cool job, that I love ect, but I have thought about working abroad only if the job is connected with Latvia, so I guess I could move only for love...

Yep! Fell in love and moved 2 years ago! Quit my job and left the country I was born and grew up in.

Otto_Strasser
2017-10-01, 01:52
And Germany, USA and Scotlans hasn't detoriated? What scary thing do you expect to find in Sweden that isn't lurking in the other countries you mentioned?

Some countries are worse than others. Sweden's no go areas for instance.

Janos
2017-10-04, 19:29
Some countries are worse than others. Sweden's no go areas for instance.

Sweden is not Malmö or Rinkeby, just like USA is not Detroit or Compton. Also, USA is just about 65 percent white, nowhere in Europe is the situation that bad. You seem to be fearful.

Blodeuwedd
2017-10-04, 19:51
Sweden is not Malmö or Rinkeby, just like USA is not Detroit or Compton. Also, USA is just about 65 percent white, nowhere in Europe is the situation that bad. You seem to be fearful.

Anyone in his right mind would be fearful or angry right now, given the situation in both Western European countries and the US.

Otto_Strasser
2017-10-04, 23:18

The United States at one point was like 85% white European. You're right about specific areas in Sweden being really terrible but not the entire country however if the asinine current immigration laws remain into the future Sweden eventually will be discussing its own 65% white population. The United States opened its borders in 1965 where we have a head start on Europe, Canada, and Australia.

In an ideal world the rest of the west would learn from the American experiment of failure as a warning to not repeat but tragically the rest of the west seems bent on following precisely in our footsteps in relation to immigration.

Fearful? No, I just know when to avoid trouble and not get myself entrapped in bothersome situations. I would hardly call that fearful but instead just call it prudent planning.

Janos
2017-10-04, 23:24
Anyone in his right mind would be fearful or angry right now, given the situation in both Western European countries and the US.

Indeed. That's why it is important to make efforts to stop it.

- - - Updated - - -

The United States at one point was like 85% white European. You're right about specific areas in Sweden being really terrible but not the entire country however if the asinine current immigration laws remain into the future Sweden eventually will be discussing its own 65% white population. The United States opened its borders in 1965 where we have a head start on Europe, Canada, and Australia.

In an ideal world the rest of the west would learn from the American experiment of failure as a warning to not repeat but tragically the rest of the west seems bent on following in our footsteps.

Fearful? No, I just know when to avoid trouble and not get myself entrapped in bothersome situations. I would hardly call that fearful but instead just call it prudent planning.

Agree. Sweden and Denmark are planning to bring in soldiers to ease the burden of the police in Malmö and Copenhagen. I'd say it is a better task for European armies than awaiting for some imaginary Russian invasion.

Blodeuwedd
2017-10-05, 01:01

In an ideal world the rest of the west would learn from the American experiment of failure as a warning to not repeat but tragically the rest of the west seems bent on following precisely in our footsteps in relation to immigration.

It was actually much higher than that during the first 70-80 years of the Colonies.

Otto_Strasser
2017-10-05, 01:55
It was actually much higher than that during the first 70-80 years of the Colonies.

I say that specific number loosely given native Americans and enslaved Africans, of course African slaves probably came much later.