User Tag List

View Poll Results: do you want all the races to mix/blend into one?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I think races are unique and beautiful and should be preserved.

74 67.89%
  • I really don't care.

32 29.36%
  • Yes, all of the races need to be mixed to form one big brown family.

3 2.75%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Do you want all the races to mix/blend into one?2182 days old

Established Member
    Last Online
    2017-05-08 @ 00:55
    H1a3
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    Latina
    Ethnicity
    American
    Politics
    Not Leftist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    United States United Kingdom Mexico Spain Germany Bavaria Netherlands

No. It will make people much less unique and won't really stop a lot of the problems anyways. Many of the problems has to do with clashing of cultures.
    Even if people became to blend into one race, doesn't mean cultures will blend. While most populations aren't truly homogeneous, there has always been many different cultures and people were never really a collective bunch. Even countries with genetic similarities can differ greatly.

Also genetics are a funny thing and what is passed down can be random. People get 50% of their genetics from each parent, you just don't know which of those genetics will be passed down. There are no guarantees. As long as you can carry the genes, it really won't stop people from getting different hair, eye or skin color as well as other features. A lot it had to do with mutations and I am sure genes will mutate once again in the future as well (especially depending ones environment).

While I don't think it should be forbidden per say (people should marry and be with who they love and the dominate culture that they follow and practice should be of the country that they live in), I do think that it should never be forced (which why I dislike the whole migrate crisis). Forcing mixing never work; just look at the mess some countries are in now? Even other Asian, African and European countries don't get along; much less adding people from extremely different background that are completely foreign.
    Last edited by Eralia; 2017-04-21 at 12:53.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eralia For This Useful Post:

Silk (2017-04-21)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Male relatives J1c3
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Metaethnos
    Métis-Souriquois
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Politics
    Laurentian Elite
    Canada Canada Acadia Canada Quebec Basque

It'll never happen

Established Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 21:03
    R2A3/R-F813
    mtDNA
    M52A1
    Metaethnos
    India
    Ethnicity
    Bengali
    Religion
    Shakta
    United States India Pakistan Bangladesh Sri Lanka Nepal

People are not going to look the same no matter how people "mix". Ancestrally divergent populations mixed and gave birth to the modern phenotype-ranges associated with geographical areas, so to those divergent populations, you can bet they looked different from each other. So differences continue to persist, just in new forms. Who knows, one day there might be blue colored set of people from the mixing of one strand of modern white people, modern black people and a smidge of Japanese people, while there might be a set of one-eyed people from the mixing of a different strand of modern whites, blacks and Japanese.

Geographical separation might not be as big a thing today as it was 200 years back, but it still exists. A guy in Brazil is not going to randomly go searching for a spouse in Mongolia. Also monogamy is the dominant form of passing down genes now due to lack of wars, so the men are no longer getting to sow their seeds around as much as previously (even if they sleep around, it is taboo as it is extra-marital, and they would definitely not be seeking children as they're liable to child support etc). And finally humans are going to be experiencing larger geographical separation soon as we expand into outer space.
    R2A3-M52'58
    55% SW Asian
    25% SE Asian
    11% Mediterranean
    6% Northern European
    2% Northeast Asian

Last Online
    @
    M7

People are people. I'm aware of our need for the social construction of race, and I use the word myself, but I don't believe there is any real fundamental difference between people. Culture, tradition, and heritage are real and significant -- these complex constructs are not dependent on something as shallow as eye-color and stature.

Your question is difficult to answer given the choices provided because I think that people all over the world are unique and beautiful and that culture should be preserved. However, I don't feel that race = culture. I also don't think that we will ever form "one big brown family". But even if the human race manages to do that, our looks would still be distinct enough to differentiate desirable features.

To answer your question: I don't think it's anyone business who you or I should be with. If anything, I would like to promote someone's right to choose. I am more in favor for the mixing, because from my experience, it produces more open-minded individuals; in comparison to the team of people that oppose it.
    Last edited by Raez; 2017-04-21 at 13:53.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9