User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think women should be allowed to keep their maiden name after married?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

23 18.55%
  • Yes

101 81.45%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think women should be allowed to keep their maiden name after married?2186 days old

Established Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 20:48
    Xiongnu Elite Cemetery
    Phenotype
    East Nordid
    Suebi Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by IstenmeyenTuy View Post
    Its so stupid to change/take another persons name. Women dont belong to stupid men
    Yes they do.
    “At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilised races of man will almost certainly exterminate and replace throughout the world the savage races."

- Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man

https://youtu.be/BBz_z-hZk80?t=2m7s

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander For This Useful Post:

NixYO (2017-01-07)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    J2a1b1* (M92)
    mtDNA
    U7
    Race
    Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Pontian +Turkish
    Politics
    Pan-Orientalist
    Religion
    atheist
    Turkey Greece Turkmenistan

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Yes they do.
    who does your mother belong to now?
    It is better to be in chains with friends than to be in a garden with strangers. -- Persian proverb

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -- Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

If someone is able to show me that what I think or do is not right, I will happily change, for I seek the truth, by which no one was ever truly harmed. It is the person who continues in his self-deception and ignorance who is harmed. -- Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

5. The Following User Says Thank You to IstenmeyenTuy For This Useful Post:

Eralia (2017-01-08)

Established Member
    Last Online
    Xiongnu Elite Cemetery
    Phenotype
    East Nordid
    Suebi Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by IstenmeyenTuy View Post
    who does your mother belong to now?
    She belongs to my father, and her father before that.
    “At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilised races of man will almost certainly exterminate and replace throughout the world the savage races."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander For This Useful Post:

NixYO (2017-01-07)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @

I would keep my maiden name only in case my husband would have a surname I absolutely don't like, which is not the case. Otherwise I believe that all members of the same family, like mom, dad and the kids should have the same surname, as well as citizenship. My father btw, wanted to take my moms surname when they got married.
    One thing I wouldn't go for is to have a double surname, which I believe is a fancy thing some people want to have.
    I've also noticed that grown ups who change their surnames have some personal issues... like they believe that by changing their surname their whole lives will change, especially when they change their common surnames to some more rare ones. I honestly find it simply ridiculous.
    Last edited by Una; 2017-01-07 at 15:24.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Una For This Useful Post:

thetick (2017-01-08)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Blemish

Quote Originally Posted by Una View Post
    I would keep my maiden name only in case my husband would have a surname I absolutely don't like, which is not the case. Otherwise I believe that all members of the same family, like mom, dad and the kids should have the same surname, as well as citizenship. My father btw, wanted to take my moms surname when they got married.

One thing I wouldn't go for is to have a double surname, which I believe is a fancy thing some people want to have.
    I've also noticed that grown ups who change their surnames have some personal issues... like they believe that by changing their surname their whole lives will change, especially when they change their common surnames to some more rare ones. I honestly find it simply ridiculous.
    In my country women retain their maiden name to the point I took it as evident for everywhere in the world most of my life. During one point in my life I even wondered what 'meisjesnaam' meant because the custom of the wife changing her surname wasn't something I knew about until later in my life. Apparently women here retain their maiden names since the French Revolutionary era, completely differently from leftist families in Anglo-Saxon countries.
    Inofficially we often say or write 'the family [husband's surname]' though not unseen is 'the family [husband's-]/[wife's surname]'. At our doorbells or mailboxes both the husband's as the wife's surname usually are written, though.

To hyphenate one's children's names is a bit too exaggerated in my opinion. As if the relationship/marriage has less meaning almost. Of course in the exceptional case of the husband coming from a dysfunctional family, wanting to hide his foreign descent or the name sounding ridiculous, the option for the children taking the wife's name should be available as that of hisself taking over her name.
    Last edited by Danielion; 2017-01-07 at 16:43.
    "Political correctness is the (...) revenge of the (...) intolerant, (...) dunce upon all the liveliness in this world. It is no more than the (...) resort of minds (...) that, for them, a revival of Stalinism is preferable to the pain of a glimpse of self-it's the last sigh of the beast that Nietzsche identified as ressentiment."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Danielion For This Useful Post:

Eralia (2017-01-08)

Established Member
    chief shitting bull
    Last Online
    2017-02-06 @ 03:36
    Race
    Europoid
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Austria Germany Bavaria Viking Scotland Ireland

my step mom is jewish and her entire family was basically wiped out during the holocaust so she kept her maiden name because of it and its never been an issue.
    one step closer to world domination.

Established Member
    Last Online
    2017-08-04 @ 09:09
    mtDNA
    T2d
    Phenotype
    Uralid-mixed

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    She belongs to my father, and her father before that.
    And if your husband died, to whom she would belong then? To you?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Evi For This Useful Post:

Eralia (2017-01-08)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    J2a1b1* (M92)
    mtDNA
    U7
    Race
    Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Pontian +Turkish
    Politics
    Pan-Orientalist
    Religion
    atheist
    Turkey Greece Turkmenistan

Quote Originally Posted by Evi View Post
    Women without husbands, or the ones who lost their husband belongs to Syrian refugees
    It is better to be in chains with friends than to be in a garden with strangers. -- Persian proverb

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -- Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

If someone is able to show me that what I think or do is not right, I will happily change, for I seek the truth, by which no one was ever truly harmed. It is the person who continues in his self-deception and ignorance who is harmed. -- Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

16. The Following User Says Thank You to IstenmeyenTuy For This Useful Post:

Eralia (2017-01-08)

Established Member
    Last Online
    Xiongnu Elite Cemetery
    Phenotype
    East Nordid
    Suebi Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Evi View Post
    She would go back to being the property of her father. If her father is dead, ownership is transferred to her male siblings. If there are no male siblings, then her son is indeed her keeper, atleast until she is remarried.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander For This Useful Post:

NixYO (2017-01-08)

Established Member
    Last Online
    2017-05-08 @ 00:55
    H1a3
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    Latina
    Ethnicity
    American
    Politics
    Not Leftist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    United States United Kingdom Mexico Spain Germany Bavaria Netherlands

It should be a choice. Different countries have different cultures. Some hyphenate their names (pretty common among Spanish culture or used to be though starting to happen less and less as my dad's name isn't hyphenated though my grandpa and his parents did so. Not sure about my grandma's side. Culture and transitions are being lost or changed overtime). Some surnames are Matriname; were they take on the woman's surname (it is a bit more rare though. When one of my aunts got married, her ex-husband look on her surname....though he came from a broken family and from another country so that may be why). I also know a few people that kept their maiden name and the children usually adopted the father's name or both.

I like the hyphenated name as people should recognize and learn about both sides of the family instead overlooking one side. That and I like my surname as it is really cool and proud of it's history/ancestry. Also a bit less common so it stands out more. So I would like to keep it as part of the name if and when I get married.
    Last edited by Eralia; 2017-01-08 at 10:36.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eralia For This Useful Post:

Danielion (2017-01-08), IstenmeyenTuy (2017-01-09), ~Elizabeth~ (2017-01-08)

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast