Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Belize vs Guatemala: Carribean vs Mestizo?1676 days old

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 15:02
    Default Belize vs Guatemala: Carribean vs Mestizo?

Belize is somewhat of an anglocarribean enclave in spanish speaking central america. Also racially/ethnically there's a difference between originally mostly afro-influenced belizeans vs. mestizo/mayan guatemalans.

Although actually all along the carribean coast of central american states there's an significant afrodescendant population.

Anyone here think that belize will eventually be overrun by Guatemala? It's an ancient conflict But I guess demographically it's already happening (check last paragraph of article).

A major controversy engulfed the small Central American country of Belize in early January 2010 after its foreign minister, Wilifred Erlington, described the border between his country and Guatemala as artificial. Enraged Belizean nationalists denounced Erlington as a sell-out, while opposition leaders demanded his resignation.

As the border between Belize-Guatemala mostly follows a straight line, artificial might seem an appropriate word. Erlington defended himself along similar lines: The first meaning of the word artificial in the dictionary is manmade but nobody seems to want to even read the dictionary these days. Outraged nationalists were not mollified. Opposition leader Mark Espat replied that Belizeans are frustrated and tired of disloyal double speak. We are tired of splitting hairs and litigating matters that should be straight forward. The issue is very simple: our border is real, the Foreign Minister should not be saying that our borders are artificial, he has shown a clear lack of political maturity in not accepting that he misspoke (http://7newsbelize.com/sstory.php?nid=15905)

The controversy involves far more than semantics. Erlingtons opponents fear that his statement could play into Guatemalas hands as the two counties remain embroiled in a territorial dispute. The Government of Guatemala has been reluctant even to accept Belizes existence, arguing that area was rightfully Guatemalan territory before it was wrested away by Britain to form the colony of British Honduras. Although Guatemala recognized Belizean independence in 1991 (ten years after the British left), it has continued to put forth territorial claims. Maps of Guatemala (see above) occasionally depict Belize as if it were part of Guatemalan.

Belize objects not only to its neighbors claims, but also to the fact that Guatemalans continue to illegally cross over into the much wealthier much less densely populated country of Belize. Due in part to such migration, the demography of multi-ethnic country of Belize is being transformed. According to the 2000 census, the Afro-Belizean (or Creole) community now accounts for only one quarter of the population, whereas mestizos form almost half. Another 10 percent are Mayan Indians, while over 6 percent are Garifuna (a people of mostly African descent who speak a Native American language).
    http://geocurrentevents.blogspot.com...guatemala.html

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Phenotype
    Winner
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Wealth & Family
    Myanmar France fleur de lis United States United States Flanders lion Santiago de los Caballeros
    Black Flag of Jihad Black Flag of Jihad United States - Libertarian Party Black Flag of Jihad Black Flag of Jihad

I always found the Mestizo population oddly high. I don't know if it would be some sort of illegals/migrants slowly consuming the society and rising through the ranks to eventually join with Guatemala. I don't know the social standing of the Mestizo population but if they're coming illegally I doubt they'll hold any real power no matter their numbers.

Apparently Whites, which are listed as 0% of the population on Wiki, have the highest birthrate against the entire country according to the rest of the article you posted. They should stop worrying about the Mestizo invasion and watch out for a White comeback.
    Last edited by EiCibaeño; 2010-01-30 at 15:53.

Established Member
    Last Online
    2012-12-25 @ 07:40
    Polyamory

How is Belize doing? Because Guatemala is a shithole. An union would be Belize's ruin (in the case they are relatively well, if not, whatever).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Incanal For This Useful Post:

pgbk87 (2011-04-15)

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Phenotype
    Winner
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Wealth & Family
    Myanmar France fleur de lis United States United States Flanders lion Santiago de los Caballeros
    Black Flag of Jihad Black Flag of Jihad United States - Libertarian Party Black Flag of Jihad Black Flag of Jihad

Quote Originally Posted by Incanal View Post
    How is Belize doing? Because Guatemala is a shithole. An union would be Belize's ruin (in the case they are relatively well, if not, whatever).
    Much better off than Guatemala.

This scenario plays out in many places all over the globe. These problems always remind me of DR's problems.

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 15:02

Quote Originally Posted by EiCibaeo View Post
    I always found the Mestizo population oddly high. I don't know if it would be some sort of illegals/migrants slowly consuming the society and rising through the ranks to eventually join with Guatemala. I don't know the social standing of the Mestizo population but if they're coming illegally I doubt they'll hold any real power no matter their numbers.
    That's a good point, although given time this is likely to change. This scenario of demographic takeover by illegal migrants is very real in belize i think. Maybe it will take some more generations. Still one of the more acute cases in the world i guess. Far more so than anything in europe.

Like you said it resembles situation in DR and i suppose also concentration of mexican migration to southwestern states of USA.

In south america there's also steady expansions of brazilian migrants into neighbouring countries. They are already becoming sizable minorities in Paraguay/Uruguay but also surinam and french guyane.

Quote Originally Posted by EiCibaeo View Post
    Apparently Whites, which are listed as 0% of the population on Wiki, have the highest birthrate against the entire country according to the rest of the article you posted. They should stop worrying about the Mestizo invasion and watch out for a White comeback.
    Lol, maybo so. i made a post about these belizean mennonites here.
    https://www.forumbiodiversity.com/sh...6&postcount=19

QBQ Banned
    Last Online
    2014-05-10 @ 20:45
    Chilean
    Phenotype
    Saddam Husseinic
    Politics
    Humanistic
    Religion
    Free market genetics
    Chile Chile Mapuche Spain traditional Amazigh Hispanidad

Well, the migration to Belize has parallels with the migration to Southern U.S. In both cases the Gringos (Anglosaxons either Americans or British) robbed the land to theirs legitimate owners and changed the demographic composition of the place with the people they chose. In the case of the U.S. the Mexican territories were resettled by Gringos. In the case of Belize and other Hispanic American regions robbed by the British, it was resetled with Blacks.

So, no wonder the original population flow to theirs ancestral territories. Belize is, after all, Maya territory (not Garifuna).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to pinguin For This Useful Post:

Nephilim (2010-01-31)

QBQ Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2011-07-04 @ 09:36
    Australoid
    Ethnicity
    Mexican/Jewish
    Phenotype
    S.Cromagnid/Indigenous
    Politics
    Extreme
    Religion
    Self pray
    Mexico Serbia Israel

You can say Belize is a colony of Mexico, not Guatemala. There happened some race war in Yucatan and lots of Criollos and Mestizos from there settled in Belize.

QBQ Banned
    Last Online
    2014-05-10 @ 20:45
    Chilean
    Phenotype
    Saddam Husseinic
    Politics
    Humanistic
    Religion
    Free market genetics
    Chile Chile Mapuche Spain traditional Amazigh Hispanidad

Whatever, but the Mexicans of Yucatan are Mayans, too, aren't they.

I'm so glad that Britain is been invaded by so many non-white people. It is the punishment for all the demographic changes they imposed elsewhere. Now they will have to bring to London the descendents of all those people they move around the world to make money.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to pinguin For This Useful Post:

Nephilim (2010-01-31)

QBQ Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2011-07-04 @ 09:36
    Australoid
    Ethnicity
    Mexican/Jewish
    Phenotype
    S.Cromagnid/Indigenous
    Politics
    Extreme
    Religion
    Self pray
    Mexico Serbia Israel

Quote Originally Posted by pinguin View Post

I'm so glad that Britain is been invaded by so many non-white people. It is the punishment for all the demographic changes they imposed elsewhere. Now they will have to bring to London the descendents of all those people they move around the world to make money.
    No, nowadays they are, but before the war happened it had the largest Mestizo and White population of the South Mexico.

QBQ Banned
    Last Online
    2011-10-21 @ 19:24
    R1B
    mtDNA
    pre-HV1
    Race
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    Siberian/Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Canadian
    Phenotype
    Asian Alpine/Tungid
    Politics
    Center to the Left
    Religion
    Humanism
    Iraq United States Canada Mongolia Iran Timurid dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by pinguin View Post

Co-Sign, the British thought they can do what ever they want to other peoples nation. No people have suffered from British and American colonization than the Iraqi people, and ofcourse the Amerindian of North America, and Australia Aborgines. The British belived themselves to be the superme beings, and this attitude continues to this day. What comes aroung goes around.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast