Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 180 EUR, Received: 15 EUR (8%)
By donating, you not only support the continued existence of this site, you also improve this site in various ways, by making it affordable for ForumBiodiversity to upgrade the server with better hardware and licensed non-free proprietary software, but also motivating the staff to work harder. ABF will always be free of charge (gratis) to use. However, if everyone donates a small monthly amount, it makes a tremendous difference for the forum's overall quality in the long haul.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: The True "Negro" is a racist myth794 days old

Established Member Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    . You do know there were Fulani slaves brought to America such as Ayub Job Djall, Yaroww Marmood, Ibrahim Abdul Rahman Ibn Sori, Umar Ibn Sayyid, Salih Bilali, Ben Ali-Bilali, etc

There are even portraits of a few of them

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Images & Portraits of African born slaves

Omar Ibn Said (Sayyid), mid-19th cent.

A Moslem from the Futa Tora area of present-day Senegal, Omar Said was captured in warfare and shipped to Charleston, S.C. in 1806/07, just before the abolition of the slave trade. He spent about 24 years enslaved in South and North Carolina. He originally wrote his account in Arabic in 1831, at around the age of 61; an English translation appeared after his death in 1864.

Abdul Rahaman, 1828

Engraving of crayon drawing. A Muslim Fulbe, Rahaman was born in Timbuktu around 1762; as a child he moved to the Futa Jallon region in the present-day Republic of Guinea. Educated in Arabic and the Koran, in 1788/89, when around 26, he was captured during warfare and taken far from his homeland to the Gambia. Sold to the British, he was then taken to the Caribbean island of Dominica, where he briefly stayed, and from there to New Orleans, followed by Natchez. Enslaved for about 40 years in the U.S., mostly in Natchez, he was manumitted in 1828, and traveled to various parts of the eastern U.S. on his way back to Africa; he ultimately reached Liberia, where he died in 1829.

Job Ben Solomon, 1750

Engraved drawing. A Fulbe from the eastern region of present-day Senegal, Solomon was a Moslem and literate in Arabic. At around the age of 29, while on a trade mission (which included two slaves he was going to sell to the English), hundreds of miles from his homeland, he was captured, sold to the English, and shipped from the Gambia to Maryland. There he worked on tobacco farms for about a year, went to England, and ultimately found employment with the Royal African Company in Gambia, where he died in 1773 at the age of around 72.

Yarrow Mamout, 1819

Yarrow Mamout was born in Africa around 1736 and was a teenager when enslaved and brought to America, apparently no later than 1752. His African homeland and ethnicity are unknown, and although he was brought to the Virginia-Maryland area, little is known about his early years in America. He ultimately lived in Washington D.C. and during his old age was well known in the Georgetown area, where he was manumitted from slavery in 1797. He was known as a devout Muslim and hard worker, and was able to accumulate some property. He lived the rest of his life in Georgetown, where he died in 1823 at the age of about 88.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Magneto For This Useful Post:

Gungnir (2012-02-15), pgbk87 (2012-02-15), Tony (2012-02-15)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member Race Scientist
    Last Online
    2013-01-17 @ 06:27
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    African-American
    Ethnicity
    African-American
    United States

There are even portraits of a few of them
    He had most of them

The other two potraits he's missing are

Ben Ali-Baliali

Bilali Mohammed was a slave from Sapelo Island, Georgia. According to the history of Sapelo Island written by Bilali descendent Cornelia Bailey ("God, Dr. Buzzard and The Bolito Man"), Bilali was from Sierra Leone, and was a master cultivator of rice, a skill prized by Georgia slave owners. Willian Brown Hodgson (1857) and other scholars that met Bilali claim he was Fula from Timbo, in Futa-Jallon in present day Guinea, around 1770 to a well-educated African Muslim family. He was enslaved as a teenager and was held as a slave for ten years in the Middle Caicos plantation of Dr. Bell, a Loyalist refugee from the American Revolutionary War, before he arrived in Georgia in 1802. In Georgia he became the head driver on Thomas Spalding's Sapelo Island based plantation. Bilali could speak Arabic and had Knowledge of the Qur'an. In the War of 1812, Bilali and his fellow Muslims helped to defend America from a British attack. Upon Bilali's death in 1857, it was discovered that he had written a thirteen-page Arabic manuscript. At first, this was thought to have been his diary, but closer inspection revealed that the manuscript was a transcription of a Muslim legal treatise and part of West Africa's Muslim curriculum.

Salih Bilali

Salih Bilali, a Muslim Fulani (Fulbe, or Pulo), hailed from Kianah on the Niger River near Mopti where he was born around 1770. Taken by Bambara slave raiders at about the age of 12, he was sold from Anomabu on the Gold Coast and taken to the Bahamas. There he was purchased again and taken to Hopeton plantation in Georgia, where he bacame a driver around 1816. Bilali was apparently a very well-trusted servant, who often supervised the plantation doings on his own. This account is from a letter written sometime in the late 1830s by Bilali's master, James Hamilton Couper.

Established Member Yo soy indio BootyMan's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 14:21
    Race
    Negroid
    Metaethnos
    Black
    Ethnicity
    Black
    Phenotype
    Africoid
    Politics
    Left
    Religion
    You Know It
    Barbados Haiti

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I don't have an M.O I'm just here like everyone else to discuss various topics regarding to race and Anthropology. I don't know if you seen the thread I made today before it was moved to the lounge as I don't have access so I can't reply. All the sites I mentioned I never made an account this is literately the first. I do not find pleasure in trolling which is a waste of time btw which I have more important things to attend to I just look at this in my spare time. If you don't believe it's fine however, in the future on this forum I have no desire to start flame wars between me and other posters. All of the following I mentioned in the previous post is just what I have observed in short time read race forums. I have always like the way you Bass, Doctoris, jonboyclem and others have defended SSA/Afro-descendants.
    Somebody was sitting at their monitor laughing their ass off when they typed this shit.

Established Member Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    He had most of them

The other two potraits he's missing are

Ben Ali-Baliali

Bilali Mohammed was a slave from Sapelo Island, Georgia. According to the history of Sapelo Island written by Bilali descendent Cornelia Bailey ("God, Dr. Buzzard and The Bolito Man"), Bilali was from Sierra Leone, and was a master cultivator of rice, a skill prized by Georgia slave owners. Willian Brown Hodgson (1857) and other scholars that met Bilali claim he was Fula from Timbo, in Futa-Jallon in present day Guinea, around 1770 to a well-educated African Muslim family. He was enslaved as a teenager and was held as a slave for ten years in the Middle Caicos plantation of Dr. Bell, a Loyalist refugee from the American Revolutionary War, before he arrived in Georgia in 1802. In Georgia he became the head driver on Thomas Spalding's Sapelo Island based plantation. Bilali could speak Arabic and had Knowledge of the Qur'an. In the War of 1812, Bilali and his fellow Muslims helped to defend America from a British attack. Upon Bilali's death in 1857, it was discovered that he had written a thirteen-page Arabic manuscript. At first, this was thought to have been his diary, but closer inspection revealed that the manuscript was a transcription of a Muslim legal treatise and part of West Africa's Muslim curriculum.
    There are no pictures of Bilali Mohammed...the guy above is Muhammad Ali ibn Said. He was from North East Nigeria

and the 2nd guy was from Mali

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Magneto For This Useful Post:

oditous (2012-02-15)

Established Member Race Scientist
    Last Online
    2013-01-17 @ 06:27
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    African-American
    Ethnicity
    African-American
    United States

[QUOTE=Magneto;725934]There are no pictures of Bilali Mohammed...the guy above is Muhammad Ali ibn Said. He was from North East Nigeria

My fault. I confused both individuals due to similarities of name.

I know.
    Mopti is a city at the gathering of the Niger river and the Bani in Mali

The narrative of his life
    http://cti.itc.virginia.edu/~roots/costa/bilali.html
    Last edited by Tony; 2012-02-15 at 13:13.

Established Member Yo soy indio BootyMan's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 14:21
    Race
    Negroid
    Metaethnos
    Black
    Ethnicity
    Black
    Phenotype
    Africoid
    Politics
    Left
    Religion
    You Know It
    Barbados Haiti

True Caucasoids don't exist, True mongoloids don't but only true Negroids exist, the shit is racist. Since Negroids are more diverse as a rule True Caucasoids and Mongoloids are more likely a reality.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BootyMan For This Useful Post:

Gungnir (2012-02-15), jonboyclem (2012-02-22)

Established Member Theorist EclectYummination's Avatar
    Last Online
    2013-01-22 @ 21:36
    North American
    Ethnicity
    Afro-American
    Religion
    FlowGrowthRockTrifecta
    United States

Skimmed this thread from where I left off; I don't see where that Ethioboy said a thing wrong here though I get that comments directed at him were alluding to history.

Also, you guys really went in though on it on the examples of Peul slaves. I think it was Tony & Magneto.

Anyway:

Quote Originally Posted by gawasah View Post
    Last edited by EclectYummination; 2012-02-15 at 18:37.
    Curious rule here: There is an exception to every rule.

The above rule, if true, would mean it was true for each rule (as by it's own words it specifies "every rule"), thus becoming the exception to itself, thus further solidifying its own truth / validity / veracity.

Established Member Member
    Last Online
    2013-01-22 @ 13:27
    T
    mtDNA
    R0a2
    Metaethnos
    Somali
    Somaliland

...nvm

---------- Post added 2012-02-15 at 13:49 ----------

There are no pictures of Bilali Mohammed...the guy above is Muhammad Ali ibn Said. He was from North East Nigeria

These individuals were captured in warfare, just like there were Europeans captured in war or on the high seas and held as slaves in North Africa. The fact that they kept their native names, culture and religion should be an indication that they were not a product of massive slavery of the Fulani.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Debbie For This Useful Post:

Esekon Kimatt (2012-02-15), Particula (2012-02-15)

Established Member RIP Cheo Feliciano jibarodepr's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    E1b1a7a
    mtDNA
    B2b(6755A)
    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by EclectYummination View Post
    Skimmed this thread from where I left off; I don't see where that Ethioboy said a thing wrong here though I get that comments directed at him were alluding to history.

Also, you guys really went in though on it on the examples of Peul slaves. I think it was Tony & Magneto.

Anyway:

The actual video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFY2kJ96jNY

Established Member Theorist EclectYummination's Avatar
    Last Online
    2013-01-22 @ 21:36
    North American
    Ethnicity
    Afro-American
    Religion
    FlowGrowthRockTrifecta
    United States

Coming back to this

Quote Originally Posted by ethioboy View Post
    Tuaregs are berbers with sahelian and west african input as well. They have alot of variation
    Then why aren't them and horners classified as Caucasoids then.
    haha, why would that ancestry be reason for Tuaregs (Kel Tamasheq) to possibly "be classified as 'Caucasoids'" anyway?

If I had to guess it'd be the Berber ancestry (its association with the Mediterranean Sea and Caucasians) (or "Caucasoids").

The Tuaregs (Western Saharans & Sahelians) are just as "Berber" as Coastal Mediterranean Berbers and Eastern Saharans. I almost dare to go as far as to say that they all descend from an Eastern Saharan source population that could be the same one (or related to it) that spawned the North Sudanese / South Egyptian Beja.

It's funny how some will zero in on a little extra West Sahelian (West African) admixture in the Tuareg and call them "Congoids" (as in having admixture from folks who are Congo like) and then yet ignore the fact that Mediterranean Amazighen / Berbers have jizzloads of maternal ancestry from Europe and West Asia, or West Eurasia. And even have paternal.

Are these features due to adaption or admix.
    There is something to be said of this whole "where did it spawn?" question anyhow.

A feature could spawn - or a range in variance of features [mostly] originate - in an intermediate area and then spread to adjacent (surrounding) areas and become more prevalent in either of them than in the original. Using critical thinking, if this scenario were to occur what then would be the significance of *where it originated* in comparison to *its functionality*.

The obvious germane thing about them is functionality especially when features could get to certain areas due to a process called genetic drift, meaning inheriting just spare traits and genes through an intermediate medium without the inheritence of other aspects of the source population's DNA. Doesn't make them any less the source for said trait which represents [rounding to the nearest integer] ~0% of the person's / peoples' said DNA, but then again the person (or people, if excellerated due to environment) it spawned in was just one person, another human being like everyone else in the scenario.
    Curious rule here: There is an exception to every rule.

The above rule, if true, would mean it was true for each rule (as by it's own words it specifies "every rule"), thus becoming the exception to itself, thus further solidifying its own truth / validity / veracity.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast