Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 81

Thread: Desi looking Brazilians976 days old

  1. #51
    Moderator
    Junior Member asingh's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 14:19
    Join Date
    2011-09-26
    Posts
    5,251
    Location
    India
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    H1a*
    mtDNA
    m3a1
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Indid
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Harappa
    HRP0328
    India

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dravidian View Post
    I don't buy troll questions .. You claim to follow a "North Indian culture".. you mean Indo-Persian, don't you? ... can't you see, why your trolling won't work? I will never support invader cultures , since I belong to the ancient Dravidian race.
    You do not even know what North Indian culture is, in fact you do not even know what Indian culture is. You are even confused about the terminology, so how can you have the audacity and naivety to pass a comment(s) on it.

    You can live with these:

    1. Dravidian Race.
    2. Dravidian Culture.

    And remain happy for all I care, since they are incorrect categorizations. But, please refrain from commenting about India, when you cannot answer simplistic questions about it.

    Shut up and stay out of this thread with your "Dravidian" nonsense and Brahminphobia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fact-Finder View Post
    It's like using Leonardo Dicaprio to play Rambo or something.


  2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot
    Join Date
    2013-03-24
    Location
    ForumBiodiversity.com
    Posts
    All threads




     
     

  3. #52
    Established Member
    Race Scientist Reality Check's Avatar
    Last Online
    2013-09-10 @ 22:02
    Join Date
    2010-02-08
    Posts
    502
    Gender
    Age
    30
    Race
    Australoid
    Metaethnos
    Dravidian
    Ethnicity
    Chera Dynasty
    Religion
    Holism
    Australia Aboriginal India Sri Lanka Mauritius

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asingh View Post
    This one:


    reminds me of:


    ^ so carolina oliveira reminds you of amrita rao. well this is probably because Amrita rao also seem to be mixed eurasian looking as carolina olivera. funny for most people outside southasia, a mixed east asian looking person isn't even thought to exist in india(ignored or forgotten by mostly everyone). a more Asiatic looking bengali actress than comparing to amrita rao would be priyanka kothari.






  4. #53
    QBQ Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2012-08-04 @ 21:22
    Join Date
    2012-01-22
    Posts
    846
    Gender
    Metaethnos
    Sumero-Dravidian
    Ethnicity
    Malayalaman
    Phenotype
    Dravidian
    Politics
    Dravidian Nationalism
    Religion
    Ancient Astronauts
    India Sri Lanka Singapore Malaysia Thailand

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asingh View Post
    You do not even know what North Indian culture is, in fact you do not even know what Indian culture is. You are even confused about the terminology, so how can you have the audacity and naivety to pass a comment(s) on it.

    You can live with these:

    1. Dravidian Race.
    2. Dravidian Culture.

    And remain happy for all I care, since they are incorrect categorizations. But, please refrain from commenting about India, when you cannot answer simplistic questions about it.

    Shut up and stay out of this thread with your "Dravidian" nonsense and Brahminphobia.
    Hey troll. you called your culture "North Indian culture".. that is total bullshit. I have just used the correct term for it , which is "Indo-Persian culture". There is no "North Indian culture", got it? You follow Persian culture for the most part.. silly troll

  5. #54
    Moderator
    Junior Member asingh's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 14:19
    Join Date
    2011-09-26
    Posts
    5,251
    Location
    India
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    H1a*
    mtDNA
    m3a1
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Indid
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Harappa
    HRP0328
    India

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    ^ so carolina oliveira reminds you of amrita rao. well this is probably because Amrita rao also seem to be mixed eurasian looking as carolina olivera. funny for most people outside southasia, a mixed east asian looking person isn't even thought to exist in india(ignored or forgotten by mostly everyone). a more Asiatic looking bengali actress than comparing to amrita rao would be priyanka kothari.
    Mmmm...interesting analysis there. Thanks.

    Honestly, I hardly find AR to be Eurasian in appearances. For me the nose is the biggest factor, and I find it quite Indid in appearance, or closely relative to the phenotypes available in India. PK on her own, has distinct looks though, but for me, AR is much much prettier and an ideal for -the- Indian gracefulness and femininity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dravidian View Post
    Hey troll. you called your culture "North Indian culture".. that is total bullshit. I have just used the correct term for it , which is "Indo-Persian culture". There is no "North Indian culture", got it? You follow Persian culture for the most part.. silly troll
    You just owned your self. Have fun living in your fantasy world. What you just wrote above is probably one of the stupidest things I have ever read here. Worse than what, Pakistani, even writes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fact-Finder View Post
    It's like using Leonardo Dicaprio to play Rambo or something.


  6. #55
    QBQ Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2012-08-04 @ 21:22
    Join Date
    2012-01-22
    Posts
    846
    Gender
    Metaethnos
    Sumero-Dravidian
    Ethnicity
    Malayalaman
    Phenotype
    Dravidian
    Politics
    Dravidian Nationalism
    Religion
    Ancient Astronauts
    India Sri Lanka Singapore Malaysia Thailand

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asingh View Post
    Mmmm...interesting analysis there. Thanks.

    Honestly, I hardly find AR to be Eurasian in appearances. For me the nose is the biggest factor, and I find it quite Indid in appearance, or closely relative to the phenotypes available in India. PK on her own, has distinct looks though, but for me, AR is much much prettier and an ideal for -the- Indian gracefulness and femininity.


    You just owned your self. Have fun living in your fantasy world. What you just wrote above is probably one of the stupidest things I have ever read here. Worse than what, Pakistani, even writes.
    I don't care what you think about this.. i just thought you should know the reality too.. you deny AIT , you deny Indo-Persian culture, you deny yourself. time for self ban?

  7. #56
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist ItaloPortuga's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:12
    Join Date
    2012-01-13
    Posts
    1,291
    Gender
    Race
    Europoid
    Religion
    Catholic
    Portugal Italy Italy Sicily-II Suebi Kingdom

    Default

    more of Carolina Oliveira





  8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ItaloPortuga For This Useful Post:

    asingh (2012-02-21), ducktard (2012-02-23), Hoxxx (2012-09-26), memobekes (2012-02-21), oditous (2012-02-22), warrior (2012-12-23)

  9. #57
    Moderator
    Junior Member asingh's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 14:19
    Join Date
    2011-09-26
    Posts
    5,251
    Location
    India
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    H1a*
    mtDNA
    m3a1
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Indid
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Harappa
    HRP0328
    India

    Default

    ^^
    What you think she looks, compared to the girl I had posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fact-Finder View Post
    It's like using Leonardo Dicaprio to play Rambo or something.


  10. #58
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist ItaloPortuga's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:12
    Join Date
    2012-01-13
    Posts
    1,291
    Gender
    Race
    Europoid
    Religion
    Catholic
    Portugal Italy Italy Sicily-II Suebi Kingdom

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asingh View Post
    ^^
    What you think she looks, compared to the girl I had posted.
    They do share a resemblance

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to ItaloPortuga For This Useful Post:

    asingh (2012-02-21)

  12. #59
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist oditous's Avatar
    Last Online
    2014-10-21 @ 17:34
    Join Date
    2010-01-07
    Posts
    3,795
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Anyways, I think why some of them might be mistaken as South Asian is they fit the stereotype of large eyes, shade of brown skin and straight black hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    YEah many of the brazilian cast for Caminho das Indias weren't that southasian looking, I guess even the lightest indians would still pass much better(feature-vice) for afghans, darker persians and even for some arabs, but not for southern europeans.
    True that's why I said it's mostly triracial brazilians who sometimes are able to resemble southasians.


    Quote Originally Posted by Particula View Post


    the most off about her are her west african eyeshape
    Really? It 's actually mostly her big almondy eyes which give me the desi vibe for Juliana Paes. I think they come close to looking like the stereotype big indian eyes, but might also be because of the makeup.





    You might be right that she gets it from her westafrican ancestry but it might also be from her arab side.

    Born in Rio Bonito, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Paes is of Arab, Black, and Amerindian ascent.[3]




    Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    ^ the last 4 do have an indian-like feel to them, but they are still missing the mark somewhat(google their names if you don't know who they R). still these few actors come somewhat close, unlike the vast majority in the show who would never be mistaken for indians. but its nice to see Brazilians having fun with acting as indians, so it doesn't matter for me if some-look-a-like of Gisele Bündchen or Pelé were to play acting as fictional indian characters much either.

    I think Caminho das Indias really boosted india's image among mainstream brazilians, although the show was also (justly) critisized for stereotyping but that's inevitable with novela's


    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieS View Post
    Guys, guys..stop fighting..keep the pics coming, can you?
    yeah keep it on-topic and take your beef elsewhere..
    Last edited by oditous; 2012-02-22 at 20:13.
    Quote Originally Posted by Discoblastula View Post
    Public self-congratulation (racism, social Darwinism, elitism in general) is something I avoid looking at, like being on the same subway car with a masturbating homeless schizophrenic.

    High IQs are overrated. Knowledge, however, isn't.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to oditous For This Useful Post:

    ducktard (2012-02-23)

  14. #60
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist userwithoutname's Avatar
    Last Online
    2014-10-15 @ 01:11
    Join Date
    2011-08-31
    Posts
    1,149
    Gender
    Race
    Quadracial
    Phenotype
    Indid
    Religion
    Rational Humanism
    Canada

    Default

    Italian-Canadian boxer Arturro Gatti's wife Amanda Rodrigues, a Brazilian, looks like one that could possibly pass in parts of N/NW South Asia:




  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to userwithoutname For This Useful Post:

    Hoxxx (2012-09-26), oditous (2012-02-22)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Brazilians: Who overlaps with them
    By jonboyclem in forum Other
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 2012-01-12, 00:33
  2. African Brazilians XIX century
    By Ubirajara in forum Americas
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 2011-09-02, 01:58
  3. Why are there so many Japanese-Brazilians?
    By sean in forum Race & Ethnicity in Society
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2011-02-27, 18:29
  4. Japanese Brazilians
    By Ducheff in forum Race & Ethnicity in Society
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2011-01-15, 12:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
<