User Tag List

Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 363

Thread: N1c1 in Proto-Balto-Slavs [split] //mod2121 days old

  1. #141
    Established Member
    eräjorma Hweinlant's Avatar
    Last Online
    2015-08-10 @ 14:48
    Join Date
    2009-11-01
    Posts
    2,721
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    N1C1
    Metaethnos
    Mymmeli
    Politics
    Folkungs
    Skull and crossbones

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polako View Post
    [B]It was absorbed from non-Slavic neighboring groups and then spread via Slavic agents to other Slavic areas.
    You have your chronology completely wrong which allows you to make completely wrong conclusions.

    There is clear "explosion" like pattern in distribution of N1c1d-South Baltic. It's very unlikely that all N1c1d-SB's around eastern and central Europe gathered into area that is generally considered as Baltoslavic urheimat.

    It's much more likely that the N1c1d-SB spread from this center together with Baltoslavic language.

    Its extremely low frequency in most Slavic groups (ie. those not with a major Baltic and Finnic substratum) makes this the most plausible explanation.
    It doesnt because there are no known Finnic or Baltic people ever living at Carpathians or Steppe region of South Russia.

    There's no need for another explanation, simply because geographic proximity between proto-Slavic and proto-Baltic areas was small.
    This again is wrong conclusion as the geographic proximity was not small, it was the same continuos area before the Slavic (South Balt) splitted of from proto-Baltoslav urheimat and it's expansion begun. It was this expansion that spread N1c1d-SB even to Slovakia , Bohemia and thus explains the explosion like pattern observed.

    , and the levels of N1c in Slavs low.
    Slavonic speakers who live faraway from urheimat region have low level of N1c1d-SB because they dont that many genetic ancestors from the urheimat region. They are only linguistic Baltoslavs. Also the urheimat region has lower N1c1d-SB frequency now as the linguistic Baltoslavs from low-N1c1d-SB have migrated in to and via the urheimat region after the Baltoslavic expansion.

    The only evidence that would suffice in this case, is ancient DNA from proto-Slavs showing N1c.
    I have presented linguistic and genetic framework which is rock solid. Only way for my theory not be correct is that if Slavonic urheimat would not be at the"mainstream" location but somewhere else. Then again, that is highly unlikely as there is now genetic evidence which strongly supports the mainstream Baltoslavic urheimat.

    ---------- Post added 2012-03-01 at 10:41 ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Wojewoda View Post
    ^This whole steppe/non-Steppe discussion is pointless here, as Hweinland main claim was based on the 10% N1c share in Eastern Ukraine.
    No it wasnt. You def. read another discussion than me. Infact the frequency is secondary argument, main argument is the type of N1c1d that is observed in the Baltoslav urheimat region. N1c1d-SB at steppe is just simply confirming the validity of my theory (as is the precense of same type of N1c1d at Slovaks and even in Germanicized Old Prussians).

    Learn something about methodology and argumentation, dont push your strawmans into discussion.

    ---------- Post added 2012-03-01 at 10:44 ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Wojewoda View Post
    As Russians themselves have 23% of N1c is no wonder that Russian speakers of Eastern Ukraine can have up to 10% of this marker. But of course N1c there have nothing to do with the South-Baltic clade found on the territories of former Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.
    Please check the N1c* haplotypes from Roewer et al 2008 and stop speculating. There is no need for it.

    And N1c in the Russian speaking Steppe Eastern Ukraine cannot have anything to do with the ethnogenesis of the Slavonic people which happened in Central-Eastern Europe much further North-West than Eastern Ukraine (only Ukrainian speaking Western Ukrainians could be relevant here).
    It happened at what is now Belarus and there is still ~8%+ of explicit N1c1d-SB left. It is also observed in Poles, Ukrainians, South Russians, Slovakians, Lithuanians and former Old Prussians (Germans). I think logic is not your strong point.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hweinlant For This Useful Post:

    Jaska (2012-03-01)

  3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot
    Join Date
    2013-03-24
    Posts
    All threads
       
     

  4. #142
    Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist Wojewoda's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:06
    Join Date
    2009-10-24
    Posts
    6,203
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    I1 Z63+ S2078+ L1237-
    mtDNA
    U3a1a
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Poland

    Default

    ^ As you revealed your true intentions you had starting the topic:

    Quote Originally Posted by Hwainland
    They have to stop this ridiculous "Slavs are pure proto-indo-european-iranian-aryans from corded ware cradle R1a* blaa blaa" and accept some cold, scientific facts and realities.
    ... your furher posting on the issue is really obsolete due to the complete lack of credibilty.

    Your skadite obsession with making Slavs look "dirty" - am I to go and find 50 posts of yours in which you try to show how "unpure" Slavs are? - makes you a pathetic creature.

    By the way was it you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hweinlant
    Hei all!

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi all, I was instructed by admin to post a thread. I'm Finnish male, from Finland. My interest about Germanics is mostly preservative. If Germanics can be saved then can be Finnics too. Especially from Finnish p.o.v, if Skandinavian countries are lost we are too.

    Common cause. Thats it.
    Go back to Skadi your poor bastard!

    Oh, you can't because they have thrown you out. What was the reason? "Mongness"?!

    So ok, stay here, but behave like normal people do, as this is not Skadi.
    Last edited by Wojewoda; 2012-03-01 at 12:39.

  5. #143
    Established Member
    Hokey Pokey Kwestos's Avatar
    Last Online
    2017-09-28 @ 18:19
    Join Date
    2011-01-04
    Posts
    8,749
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    K1a1
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Pontid
    Metaethnos
    Euro
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Politics
    Silvio Berlusconi
    Religion
    Voodoo
    Poland United Kingdom

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius View Post
    Ok, I didn't knew that, but I somehow always considered Baltic countries and Finland close to Slavs. Now I have found some completely different opinion here in the forum. Slavs "colonized" most of these smaller tribes who got on their way. One of the Byzantine chroniclers even wrote about this(can't remember who was author), of course concerning Balkan Slavs.
    To be precise, Poland was partitioned between Russia, Austrio-Hungaria and Prussia.
    Partition looked like this:


    Also 12 years after the final partition the areas in the middle (which is 'vistula land' on the map) were transformed into Warsaw Duchy, later Kingdon of Poland- which went under Russian 'supervision' and political control.

    Saying that Poland became part of Russia is far from precise, Russia indeed took most
    territories, but there are not in modern Poland's border (it were eastern areas which are now part of Ukraine/Belarus/Lithuania).

    Russian partition could not affect modern Poland population in a significant way.If Poland was in borders from pre-war, one could say that, but not anymore. Some resettlers from the east could be affected, but the main key to 'resettle' people freom eastern pre-war Poland to modern western areas left by resettled Germans, was their 'polishness'. Resettlment took place in 1945, partitions lasted between 1795-1918, to be precise.


    ps explanation-I was originally referring to these words.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hweinlant View Post

    For what it's worth: Poland was even more part of Russian Empire. Russian Empire cancelled Poland and made it it's province.
    Last edited by Kwestos; 2012-03-01 at 12:48.
    Am I right or am I wrong?

  6. #144
    Established Member
    eräjorma Hweinlant's Avatar
    Last Online
    2015-08-10 @ 14:48
    Join Date
    2009-11-01
    Posts
    2,721
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    N1C1
    Metaethnos
    Mymmeli
    Politics
    Folkungs
    Skull and crossbones

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wojewoda View Post
    ... your furher posting on the issue is really obsolete due to the complete lack of credibilty.
    LOL, you havent provided a single counter argument which could be considered as credible. You just have your Slavic-R1a-Aryan-Corded-Ware-Cradlle pride hurted as you now know it's bullshit.

    This is where your knee-jerk reaction comes from. Believing a tad bit too much on non-scientific fantasies, have ya ? Leaf-types...phewww...

    Your skadite obsession with making Slavs look "dirty" - am I to go and find 50 posts of yours in which you try to show how "unpure" Slavs are? - makes you a pathetic creature.
    I shouldnt really even comment this slandery but I cant help myself:

    A) I didnt write that Slavs are dirty, this is just your strawman
    B) I wrote that Proto-Slavs were not pure R1a, as in they had other haplogroups aswel.

    Stop trolling.

    So ok, stay here, but behave like normal people do, as this is not Skadi.
    trollololllol

    [imglink]http://i43.tinypic.com/2qitvs5.png[/imglink]
    [imglink]http://0.tqn.com/d/goeasteurope/1/0/m/2/-/-/LithuaniaFlag.jpg[/imglink]

  7. #145
    Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist Wojewoda's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:06
    Join Date
    2009-10-24
    Posts
    6,203
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    I1 Z63+ S2078+ L1237-
    mtDNA
    U3a1a
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Poland

    Default

    ^ Your previous thread:

    Mongoloid Proto-Indo-Europeans

    ... and quick response from alfieb:

    Quote Originally Posted by alfieb
    It's adorable how you project your own racial insecurities onto proper European peoples.
    Just stop this, as such behaviour hampers real discussion of normal people interested in gaining knowledge and not in slandering other ethnic groups to compensate for one's own complexes.

  8. #146
    Established Member
    Merry Oarsman Huckleberry Finn's Avatar
    Last Online
    2013-01-23 @ 21:43
    Join Date
    2010-08-06
    Posts
    1,121
    Gender
    Metaethnos
    Quasi-Vulcanoid
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Phenotype
    Dr. Spock
    Religion
    Gently down the stream
    Finland

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wojewoda View Post
    ... and quick response from alfieb...
    I'm impressed. You get personal, private hatemails straight from the Black Mountain. It really pays of being an Aryan, it seems.
    Dodecad 887
    Eurogenes Fi14
    Fennoscandian Fi14

  9. #147
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist Jusarius's Avatar
    Last Online
    2017-06-25 @ 23:41
    Join Date
    2011-01-19
    Posts
    2,068
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    N1c1*
    mtDNA
    H3g1
    Religion
    Evidence
    Finland

    Default

    To me both hypotheses seem plausible, and I think the burden of evidence isn't obviously on the "proto-Balto-Slavs had N1c1" hypothesis because the other "later assimilation" hypothesis isn't any simpler, IMHO. We just need more data gathering to be able to assess which one is more credible in a non ape-like manner.
    Last edited by Jusarius; 2012-03-01 at 13:21.

  10. #148
    Established Member
    .
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2010-07-02
    Posts
    1,727
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hweinlant View Post
    [imglink]http://0.tqn.com/d/goeasteurope/1/0/m/2/-/-/LithuaniaFlag.jpg[/imglink]
    Old Prussian Flag:


  11. The Following User Says Thank You to cinnamona For This Useful Post:

    Hweinlant (2012-03-01)

  12. #149
    Established Member
    Merry Oarsman Huckleberry Finn's Avatar
    Last Online
    2013-01-23 @ 21:43
    Join Date
    2010-08-06
    Posts
    1,121
    Gender
    Metaethnos
    Quasi-Vulcanoid
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Phenotype
    Dr. Spock
    Religion
    Gently down the stream
    Finland

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cinnamona View Post
    Old Prussian Flag:

    I have lost somewhere the translation of the text, would you have it?
    Dodecad 887
    Eurogenes Fi14
    Fennoscandian Fi14

  13. #150
    Established Member
    eräjorma Hweinlant's Avatar
    Last Online
    2015-08-10 @ 14:48
    Join Date
    2009-11-01
    Posts
    2,721
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    N1C1
    Metaethnos
    Mymmeli
    Politics
    Folkungs
    Skull and crossbones

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wojewoda View Post
    Just stop this, as such behaviour hampers real discussion of normal people interested in gaining knowledge and not in slandering other ethnic groups to compensate for one's own complexes.
    So it's now somehow my fault that DDII burials contain mtdna C* ?

    It must be very hard being you right now

Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 544
    Last Post: 2017-09-02, 03:37
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2017-09-01, 20:40
  3. Replies: 86
    Last Post: 2012-12-03, 12:02
  4. Replies: 942
    Last Post: 2012-08-17, 18:58
  5. Balkan Slavs are very tall? (split) //mod
    By ríkharður in forum Physical Anthropology
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 2012-06-09, 17:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
<