HV4a2a
    Metaethnos
    Mesopotamian
    Ethnicity
    Suraya
    Religion
    Transhumanism
    United States Assyria United States

Default Yezidi - Melek Taus ("Peacock Angel")

I searched, but could not find an answer to this question. Does anyone know what the cuneiform on the Yezidi Melek Taus means?

I [Nebuchadnezzar] made a trench searching for the old foundation deposits ( . . . ), and I found the foundation of Naram-Sin, the king of Babylon, a remote ancestor, and I did not remove his inscription, but put my own inscription together with his inscription.
    The Pious King: Royal Patronage of Temples
    By Caroline Waerzeggers

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

QBQ Banned
    Evolutionary Biologist
    Last Online
    2012-04-15 @ 18:58
    Hurro-Aryan
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Religion
    Kurdistan

I see this everywhere on internet, but I don't know who made it, when and why. And what it means. Maybe it was painted only for some kind of artistic reasons. Actually I think I can see a date, and this painting is from 1990 or something.

I don't think this is important and worth of any of our energy and time.

I'm an Yezidi Kurds. All I want to add is that Yezidis are not devil worshippers. We do believe in 1 supreme GOD (Sun God), the creator of the universe. Our religion is very close to the Zoroastrianism. Anu, Ahura Mazda, the Yezidi Sun God are all the same. But we respect the chief of Seventh Angels, who we call Tawûsê Melek. Angels are very important in this religion and religious ceremonies.

---------- Post added 2012-04-12 at 01:33 ----------

There's a revival of ancient Kurdish religions in Kurdistan!

A few years ago they build a "Mitanni Cultural Center" in Northern Kurdistan.

Outside of it you can see Ahura Mazda on the walls and inside you will find an image of Tawûsê Melek.

Last edited by MediaWarLord; 2012-04-12 at 01:57.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    G1*
    mtDNA
    HV4a2a
    Metaethnos
    Mesopotamian
    Ethnicity
    Suraya
    Religion
    Transhumanism
    United States Assyria United States

Quote Originally Posted by MediaWarLord View Post
    I'm an Yezidi Kurds. All I want to add is that Yezidis are not a devil worshippers. We do believe in 1 supreme GOD (Sun God), the creator of the universe.
    That is interesting. Thanks. The peacock appears to be grasping something somewhat similar to this:

"The emblem of Shamash [sun god] is a four-pointed disk with undulating lines radiating intercardinally, and this is a standard Mesopotamian symbol for the sun."

Anyway, thanks again for replying to the post.
    I [Nebuchadnezzar] made a trench searching for the old foundation deposits ( . . . ), and I found the foundation of Naram-Sin, the king of Babylon, a remote ancestor, and I did not remove his inscription, but put my own inscription together with his inscription.
    The Pious King: Royal Patronage of Temples
    By Caroline Waerzeggers

QBQ Banned
    Evolutionary Biologist
    Last Online
    2012-04-15 @ 18:58
    Hurro-Aryan
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Religion
    Kurdistan

Quote Originally Posted by Humanist View Post
    That is interesting. Thanks. The peacock appears to be grasping something somewhat similar to this:

"The emblem of Shamash [sun god] is a four-pointed disk with undulating lines radiating intercardinally, and this is a standard Mesopotamian symbol for the sun."

Anyway, thanks again for replying to the post.
    You welcome,

The Yezidism is an ancient Mesopotamian religion, one of the oldest and still preserved. The Sun played and is still playing a very important part in Mesopotamia. All native peoples of Mesopotamia referred to the Sun in their religion. Be it Sumerians, Assyrians, Hurrians, Mitanni, Medes etc.

Also this is the place where all world religions are from, be it from Semitic religions Judaism, Christianity and Islam to Aryan religions Zoroastrianism (Mithraism, Mazdaism etc.), Buddhism and Hinduism.

---------- Post added 2012-04-12 at 01:54 ----------

Btw, Jewish bull worship and the name for their GOD Yahweh are also (Hurrian) from (southern parts of Anatolia / Mesopotamia).

Stele decorated with a bulls head Bethsaida, northwest of the Sea of Galilee, 9th – 8th century BCE made of Basalt
    Last edited by MediaWarLord; 2012-04-12 at 01:54.