Ethnicity
    Assyrian
    Politics
    Pax Assyriaca
    Religion
    Syriac Orthodoxy
    Assyria Sweden Armenia Georgia

ChechenRebelZ

This is not the place for your propaganda. If you want to talk about the Crusades and what ever it is you want to talk about create a thread about it and do also mention the causes of the Crusades i.e. the conquer of Christian lands by Muslims.
    “Ashur lived at the city of Nineve; and named his subjects Assyrians, who became the most fortunate nation, beyond others” (Antiquities, i, vi, 4): Flavius Josephus

“It is impossible for me and my people to surrender after seeing the atrocities done to my Assyrian people by your government; therefore my brother is one, my people are many, I would rather lose my brother but not my nation”
    - Mar Shimun XXI Benyamin, Catholicos Patriarch of the
    Assyrian Church of the East 1887 - 1918

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Turkish
    Religion
    Islam

Can someone ask Sargon, if some Muslims conquering some lands off Christians 300 years earlier warranted the (brutal) massacres of Jews that occurred right across Europe and in Jerusalem, thanks to the blood thirsty Crusaders?

Can someone also tell the Assyrians that the west wont help them because they (the Assyrians) are not part of Western Civilization and they are not white. Oh and the Christianity of Assyrians wont help them much either since most western nations are secularist and have moved on from Christianity.

Established Member
    Last Online
    2014-07-13 @ 02:19
    Y-DNA
    J1a2b
    mtDNA
    H1
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Karaite judaism
    Confederate States of America Colombia Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Excel View Post
    Come on, must i dwell into the abc's of middle eastern geopolitics.

I just done so basic reading and to my surprise i have found that the Assyrians had committed mass genocide against the Israeli's. In an attempt to destroy their identity and culture to thwart future rebellions. They were evacuated from present day Israeli/Palestinian area and dispersed and resettled throughout the Assyrians empire.
    Where the Assyrians settled new peoples from all corners of its empire into the Israeli/Palestinian area. I think this was the start of the Jewish nightmare in no longer having a home to call home.
    Considering this, i think just the sheer mention of the word Assyrian would make a Israeli bite their teeth hard with anger.
    The Assyrians were eventually crushed by an alliance of Chaldean's (south Persia) and Medans (North Persia). Who were encourage to take the opportunity in giving Assyria the kiss of death following a civil war in the Assyrian empire between the two sons of the last previous powerful ruler. Whereby the empire lay in complete ruins and the Assyrian population were all enslaved and dispersed all over the middle east.
    Lol not sure why you would assume Israelis dislike Assyrians, I am Jewish and dated an Assyrian woman in high school. Never had a problem.

Email Inactive Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2010-11-22 @ 12:25
    R1a1a*
    mtDNA
    L3h
    Ethnicity
    SouthEuroMidEast
    Phenotype
    Fucked up AlpineMed
    Religion
    Nonbelief
    United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    Lol not sure why you would assume Israelis dislike Assyrians, I am Jewish and dated an Assyrian woman in high school. Never had a problem.
    Isn't there a difference between American Jews and Israelis?

Established Member
    Naum Faiq (1860 - 1930) Sargon999's Avatar
    Last Online
    2014-10-11 @ 10:41
    P:E1b1b1a2* M:J1
    mtDNA
    H14a
    Race
    West Eurasian
    Metaethnos
    Anatolian
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian
    Politics
    Pax Assyriaca
    Religion
    Syriac Orthodoxy

Can some tell ChechenRebelZ to blow himself up like his comrades instead of ruining a good thread, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    Israelis and Jews, except for the religious one's get along Assyrians and vice versa. But the Israeli state is not in favour of Assyrians except for the Maronites in Lebanon.

Heck, there is even an Assyrian here on the forum whose father is an ethnic Assyrian and mother Ashkenazi Jewish.
    Last edited by Sargon999; 2010-11-16 at 22:58.
    “Ashur lived at the city of Nineve; and named his subjects Assyrians, who became the most fortunate nation, beyond others” (Antiquities, i, vi, 4): Flavius Josephus

“It is impossible for me and my people to surrender after seeing the atrocities done to my Assyrian people by your government; therefore my brother is one, my people are many, I would rather lose my brother but not my nation”

Established Member
    Last Online
    2014-07-13 @ 02:19
    Y-DNA
    J1a2b
    mtDNA
    H1
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Karaite judaism
    Confederate States of America Colombia Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Froll View Post
    Isn't there a difference between American Jews and Israelis?
    well my dad was a Syrian Jew and my family is from Israel, Ashdod to be exact.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Myth For This Useful Post:

Froll (2010-11-16)

QBQ Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2011-09-16 @ 02:57

Quote Originally Posted by Sargon999 View Post
    Do not embarass yourself, please.

In The Decline of Iranshahr: Irrigation and Environments in the History of the Middle East, By Peter Christensen. Page 291-292 it is clearly stated that "The province for the most part streched from Mosul to Adiabene".

Achaemenid Assyria or "Persian Assyria" was even called "Athura" and was made up by northern Iraq, northeastern Syria and southeastern Turkey i.e. the Assyrian homeland. The Assyrian language was official in the province and there were even Assyrian revolts against the Persians.

"The Neo-Assyrian kings pursued an active policy of nation building,
    whereby the citizenship of Assyria was routinely granted to the inhabitants
    of newly established provinces. As a result of this, by 600 BC the entire
    vastly expanded country shared the Assyrian identity, which essentially
    consisted of a common unifying language (Aramaic) and a common
    religion, culture, and value system. This identity persisted virtually
    unchanged and was converted into an ethnic identity in the Neo-Babylonian
    and Achaemenid periods (600-330 BC). After the disintegration of the
    Seleucid Empire (130 BC), several semi-independent Mesopotamian
    kingdoms (Osrhoene, Adiabene, Hatra, Assur) perpetuated Assyrian
    religious and cultural traditions until the third century AD
    . From the fourth
    century on, Christianity has been an essential part of Assyrian identity and
    has helped preserve it to the present day despite endless persecutions and
    massacres, which have reduced the present-day Assyrians into dwindling
    minorities in their home countries."

-National and Ethnic Identity in the Neo-Assyrian Empire
    and Assyrian Identity in Post-Empire Times, Professor Simo Parpola, (University of Helsinki)
    [B]

My sourches are mostly from historians and professors. Where are your sources claiming the kingdoms to be non-Assyrian or even Kurdish?

You asked me a question regarding Babylonians. Babylonians and Assyrians were one people who even spoke one language. We were brothers who were at war from time to time with the same gods, culture and blood. When the Assyrian king conquered Babylon and he was asked why he did not sack the city as with other peoples cities he answered "Because they are my people".

I have already told you not to delude the thread's purpose. If you wish to further debate this issue create a thread about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_Parpola

"Parpola is also the chairman of The Finland Assyria Association (Suomi-Assyria Yhdistys)"

I told you ones it is not very reputable using Assyrian Prof. as sources we all know that almost all of them have poltical issues.
    I could show you M.Izady a harvard absolvent and professor who can tell you more about the origin of Kurds but you wouldn´t believe it why? cause he is a kurd so why are you every time posting assyrian Sources. What is so hard to understand about international NON ASSYRIAN sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargon999 View Post
    You asked me a question regarding Babylonians. Babylonians and Assyrians were one people who even spoke one language. We were brothers who were at war from time to time with the same gods, culture and blood. When the Assyrian king conquered Babylon and he was asked why he did not sack the city as with other peoples cities he answered "Because they are my people".

[B]I have already told you not to delude the thread's purpose. If you wish to further debate this issue create a thread about it.
    the difference between Babylonians and Assyrians are as high as the difference between Serbs and Pols. Both are speakers of semitic stock of afro asiatic language family.

So you mean Adiabene was a Assyrian Empire let me ask you why Arabs called Adiabene ''Akrad al-Hadiab'' Ekrad,Akrad is the arabic name for kurdisch lands search for every source you want.

How are you going to explain me this here.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_e6e2g8QLQ9.../Izates+II.jpg

King Izates II of Adiabene. A Iranic speaking Scythian. how could it be that the King of Adiabene was a Scythian If this Land was Assyrian?

picture of Saladin born in former Adiabene Tigrit. compare them both. Saladin a kurd to King Izates.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...5/Saladin2.jpg

some more kurds in traditional clothes.

http://www.saradistribution.com/foto...i1816_1882.jpg
    http://www.saradistribution.com/foto...in12232653.jpg
    Last edited by Bioguy; 2010-11-16 at 23:07.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    G1*
    mtDNA
    HV4a2a
    Metaethnos
    Mesopotamian
    Ethnicity
    Suraya
    Religion
    Transhumanism
    Dodecad
    DOD134
    Eurogenes
    ASY12
    Harappa
    HRP0010
    United States Assyria United States

Bioguy. Why not test your DNA? Sheikh was seriously contemplating it, when I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago via PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Humanist For This Useful Post:

Kipchak (2010-11-17)

Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J1a2b2-L147+ CMH-6
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Ecofascism, Radicalism
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Dodecad
    DOD040
    Eurogenes
    ASY2
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece
    Assyrian Zowaa emblem Order of the Dragon insignia Open Source Initiative Marijuana Party Pirate Party Vegetarianism

Quote Originally Posted by Bioguy View Post

"Parpola is also the chairman of The Finland Assyria Association (Suomi-Assyria Yhdistys)"

still using Assrian sources and proffesors and calling it international facts do you?
    Simo Parpola is ethnically Finnish. He's not Assyrian. He's the chairman of the Finland Assyria Association because he's an Assyriologist (that's an academic profession) and because he supports Assyrians.

I could show you M.Izady a harvard absolvent and professor who can tell you more about the origin of course but you wouldn´t believe it why? cause he is a kurd so why are you every time posting assyrian Sources. What is so hard to understand about international NON ASSYRIAN sources.
    Izady is an ethnocentric joke who—if I remember correctly—made up bullshit about Nestorians were "Kurdish Christians". This is the problem with you Kurds (and also pseudo-Turks): you're full of lies. You are dishonest people, that's the problem with you.

And no one likes liars.

te difference between Babylonians and Assyrians are as high as the difference between Serbs and Pols.
    Says who? What do you know about that anyway?

So you mean Adiabene was a Assyrian Empire
    No, it was a semi-independent Assyrian kingdom; that's not necessarily an empire. Mr. 114 IQ should understand the difference.

let me ask you why Arabs called Adiabene ''Akrad al-Hadiab'' Ekrad,Akrad is the arabic name for kurdisch lands search for every source you want.
    Who cares about what the Arabs think anyway?
    Last edited by EliasAlucard; 2010-11-16 at 23:10. Reason: clarify
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows! | Linux Mint 17 MATE Edition no-codecs (64-bit) | PRISM-Break! | PeerBlock | Windows7sins | The g00z Capture Bible

“The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

“Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

More awesome quotes:
    Spoiler: 
    “They say, a man never really knows himself, until his freedom's been taken away.
    I wonder... how well, do you know yourself?”
    — Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty

“The idea that any kind of free society can be constructed in which people will never be offended or insulted is absurd. So too is the notion that people should have the right to call on the law to defend them against being offended or insulted. A fundamental decision needs to be made: do we want to live in a free society or not?”
    Salman Rushdie

“Free speech is meant to protect unpopular speech.
    Popular speech, by definition, needs no protection.”
    — Neal Boortz

“Freedom isn't for wimps.” — Neal Boortz

“The final test of truth is ridicule. Very few dogmas have ever faced it and survived.” ― H. L. Mencken

“The more powerful and original a mind, the more it will incline towards the religion of solitude.” ― Aldous Huxley

“Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.” — Bruce Lee

“Everything great and intelligent is in the minority.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

“If you put the most important cultural elements in society into the hands of commercial people who want to make a profit, they will bring it down to the lowest common denominator.” — Richard Hoggart

AFRO-ASIATIC PWNAGE | AFRO-ASIATIC PWNAGE 2 | AFRO-ASIATIC PWNAGE 3 | ULTIMATE AFRO-ASIATIC PWNAGE | ARMENIAN PWNAGE

Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

Established Member
    Naum Faiq (1860 - 1930) Sargon999's Avatar
    Last Online
    2014-10-11 @ 10:41
    P:E1b1b1a2* M:J1
    mtDNA
    H14a
    Race
    West Eurasian
    Metaethnos
    Anatolian
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian
    Politics
    Pax Assyriaca
    Religion
    Syriac Orthodoxy

still using Assrian sources and proffesors and calling it international facts do you?
    I could show you M.Izady a harvard absolvent and professor who can tell you more about the origin of course but you wouldn´t believe it why? cause he is a kurd so why are you every time posting assyrian Sources. What is so hard to understand about international NON ASSYRIAN sources.

te difference between Babylonians and Assyrians are as high as the difference between Serbs and Pols.

So you mean Adiabene was a Assyrian Empire let me ask you why Arabs called Adiabene ''Akrad al-Hadiab'' Ekrad,Akrad is the arabic name for kurdisch lands search for every source you want.

How are you going to explain me this here.

King Izates II of Adiabene. A Iranic speaking Scythian. how could it be that the King of Adiabene was a Scythian If this Land was Assyrian?

picture of Saladin born in former Adiabene Tigrit. compare them both. Saladin a kurd to King Izates.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...5/Saladin2.jpg

some more kurds in traditional clothes.

http://www.saradistribution.com/foto...i1816_1882.jpg
    http://www.saradistribution.com/foto...in12232653.jpg
    First of all Parpola is no ethnic Assyrians he is an ethnic Finn who is interested in Assyriology. He decided to support modern Assyrian culture by becoming a member in a certain association which does not have anything to do with the matter. He is a professor at a university and non-Assyrian, so tell me how is that an Assyrian source?

I do not know if Izates was a Scythian, if he was you are way out of logic though. Recent studies reveal that Scythians were most likely not Iranic, see this. I would also like to remind you that Adiabene had many Assyrian Christian bishops, the earliest in the 2nd century A.D.

I do not mean Adiabene was Assyrian, my historical sources reveal that. I told you to find legitimate true statements by historians and professors showing it was Kurdish or non-Assyrian, yet you have none found.

There was no true difference between Assyrians and Babylonians, both were an Akkadian stock and spoke Akkadian until Aramaic became official.

Page 28 of 62 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast