Ethnicity
    African American
    Phenotype
    New World Black
    Religion
    Liberal
    United States Nigeria Angola African Union(OAS) United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by HillY View Post
    I've traveled around the US (with the exception of New England), and have noticed some interesting things. I discovered an abundance of blonde, nordic individuals in California. I've been through Minnesota twice, but didn't see such a nordic element there, surprisingly. Surnames are Germanic to the core in that state, and in North Dakota, but the nordic physical features there aren't noticeably outstanding as I've seen them in Anglo-Saxon populations in other parts of the US.
    Note on Utah: the overwhelmingly "English" self-characterization of the inhabitants in that state owes to the big emphasis the Mormon Church puts on genealogy. I think a vast majority of America would designate itself equally as "English" as the Utah population were ancestry and genealogy emphasized as much.
    In the Southeast you rarely see a person with strong Teutonic features. I believe this is due to a huge Scots-Irish/Celtic ancestral element. "Teutonic," that is, tall, blue eyed, blonde hair, etc., folk can be found in the "colonial" states of VA, NC, SC, and GA.
    It was an interesting discovery to see Americans of all social strata in the western US states with solidly Teutonic/Germanic features. Texas, where I lived for 5 years, has a really strong Anglo population, where tall, blonde, blue eyed, stern-faced folk can be found almost everywhere.
    I wonder what circumstances led this peculiar portion of the American population to go further West. I also wonder what led this peculiar portion of British society to leave for America in such high numbers.
    What you said matches up with Albion's Seed:Four British Folkways in America

Quote Originally Posted by David Hackett Fisher
    The theory is that the Puritans and Quakers came from the areas of England with heavy Anglo-Saxon and Scandinavian influences while the cavaliers and southern high-landers originated from the more Celtic areas
    Which meant was that the Northeast and Mid Atlantic were settled by Anglos with more Germanic features and moved westward, while the South were settled by Anglos with more Celtic/Atlantic features.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2014-02-10 @ 02:22
    Europid
    Ethnicity
    Anglo/German
    Phenotype
    Keltic N/Anglo-Saxon
    United Kingdom Canada Germany

Quote Originally Posted by jonboyclem View Post
    What you said matches up with Albion's Seed:Four British Folkways in America

Which meant was that the Northeast and Mid Atlantic were settled by Anglos with more Germanic features and moved westward, while the South were settled by Anglos with more Celtic/Atlantic features.
    There is quite a lot of variation among the English. Amazing how such a small country you can travel and the people look quite a bit different. I remember you posting this before from Coon.

"The regional distribution of hair color in Great Britain19 closely follows that of total pigmentation as shown on Map 8. In England, black hair ranges from nearly 0 to 10 per cent, except in Devonshire and Cornwall, where it reaches a maximum of 20 per cent in the region of Penzance. Along the eastern coast it is extremely rare, and the average for the country is probably between 4 per cent and 5 per cent. Dark brown hair accounts for 14 per cent to 43 per cent of the population in the different parts of England. In general, it runs below 30 per cent in the regions of intensive Saxon and Danish occupation - that is, Lincolnshire, Norfolk, Suffolk, and Yorkshire - while it averages above 30 per cent in the west, and has a mean of approximately 40 per cent in Cornwall. Brown hair, a light-to-intermediate hue, ranges from 57 per cent to 24 per cent, and has a distribution precisely opposite to that of dark brown hair, which may be considered intermediate-to-dark. On the whole brown is more prevalent than dark brown, and the blond element is considerably more important than the brunet one among the English. Fair hair, representing golden, ashen, and also light brown hues, varies from 5 per cent to 47 per cent. Well over 25 per cent is typical of the North Sea coast, while in Cornwall it runs from 10 per cent to 15 per cent. Among English blonds, golden hair is far commoner than the ashen variety, but ash-blondism is by no means absent, nor as rare as in Ireland."

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    Europid
    Ethnicity
    Anglo/German
    Phenotype
    Keltic N/Anglo-Saxon

Chuck Norris

Paul Hogan

Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist
    Last Online
    @

England.

Email Inactive Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2012-05-13 @ 20:32
    Dutch
    Politics
    Libertarische Partij
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    Chuck Norris
    His natural hair is dark blonde/light brown

Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    Paul Hogan
    Hogan is Aussie of Irish/English and Dutch ancestry.

Some natural light Blonde Americans

Paul Kruger

Larry Bird

Josh Homme

Established Member
    A walk on the wild side cafman21's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    WA/IB
    Ethnicity
    Guinean
    Phenotype
    Politics
    Leftist
    Religion
    Atheism

I thought Chuck Norris was a redhead.
    Originally Posted by Esekon Kimatt:
    So when you're having sex you never suck on your Tut's toes? Guess i'm a freak on this forum...

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    Europid
    Ethnicity
    Anglo/German
    Phenotype
    Keltic N/Anglo-Saxon

Quote Originally Posted by Frans Hals View Post
    His natural hair is dark blonde/light brown

Hogan is Aussie of Irish/English and Dutch ancestry.

Some natural light Blonde Americans

Paul Kruger

Larry Bird

Josh Homme

I agree on Norris. When he was younger I would say dirty blond rather than light brown. Is Paul Hogan part Dutch? I can't find anything on that. Do you have a source on that? I might also add Rhys Ifans

Owen Wilson

hard to say if he highlights his hair as he gets older. He certainly IS a natural blond though
    Last edited by Mega; 2012-02-19 at 05:21.

Established Member
    Last Online
    2012-05-28 @ 20:49
    Ethnicity
    Argentinian
    Politics
    Liberal Democracy
    Italy Florence United States Eastern Band Cherokee

American model, Dennis Johnson.

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    Europid
    Ethnicity
    Anglo/German
    Phenotype
    Keltic N/Anglo-Saxon

Quote Originally Posted by Pot-Kettle View Post
    England.
    Although yellow blond is common in England, especially in the east, I would think a true Scandinavian country would be tops. Probably Sweden.

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    Europid
    Ethnicity
    Anglo/German
    Phenotype
    Keltic N/Anglo-Saxon

Mega is an American, the funnier thing he seems more pissed off with this than the British posters themselves.
    Point to the flag below my name. What does it say? Does it say I'm an American? Are you a Luxembourger? And I'm not the one PMing people numerous times in an effort to silence them unlike someone on this forum. If I'm the wrench in someone's spamming troll routine then so be it.

---------- Post added 2012-02-21 at 23:58 ----------

Yes, a slight, although large cities like Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Den Haag and Utrecht are made of ethnic Dutch from all regions. Brownhaired people are more visible in southern provinces, below the rivers, but they are not a rarity anywhere, though the combination of dark-blonde/light brown haired people (similar to the example I posted) probably are the most numerous in Netherlands in overall.

But the notable difference is between Friesland/Groningen and the rest of the country, with the firsts having a reputation for being a 'notable' blonde-haired area, which is not false, indeed the two regions have a large amount of light blonde hair individuals than the national average, other posters from Netherlands can confirm this.
    The pigmentation of the Dutch as a group is predominantly blond; the inhabitants of the provinces north of the Rhine may be included in the lightest zone of Europe.37 South of the Rhine, brown and dark-mixed eyes, which are rare in the north, rise to 30 per cent and over of the population, and are especially numerous in Zeeland and Limburg. The commonest hair color among the Dutch is brown, of light to medium shade, but golden blondism is common in the north, especially in Frisian country."
    Last edited by Mega; 2012-02-22 at 08:00.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mega For This Useful Post:

Majokiuy (2012-02-22)

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast