Black American
    Politics
    Authoritarian
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    United States African Union(OAS)
    Hammer and Sickle

Quote Originally Posted by Samha View Post
    These east africans bantu never wash their hair, it's disgusting and they smell bad.

they are not Bantu the first dude Nilotic(Maasai) and the rest are Cushitic

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    2014-10-17 @ 18:35
    Atlantic Creole
    Ethnicity
    AfrAm/Alabama Creole
    Phenotype
    Sahelian/Sud-Atlanto
    United States Scotland Sierra Leone

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicanboy View Post
    No the picture I posted is not 3c....and regardless of what you want to call it 3g 808 w/e THERE is a difference between each category of Hair I posted.
    You really need to learn what twist outs look like

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muneca View Post
    Andre Walker appears to be of mixed descent and is, according to the ODR, a Black man. Also, as the a/b hair typing system is his creation, he gets first dibs on how its individual components are defined.

That said, I am a 12 year member of Naturallycurlly.com, one of the earliest (if not the first) websites to make use of Andre Walker's hair typing system. I myself owned at a used copy of Andre Walker's book where he introduced his a/b hair typing system. The popular site 'Napturality' was created by "Dee", a member of Naturallycurly.com. Much of the natural hair movement lingo ('creamy crack', 'transitioning', 'big chop' etc) originated on those two sites.

As I recall, there originally were no 'C's' in any category...3c was a hair type created at a later date by Naturallycurly.com members who felt their curls fell short of being fullblown '4a' but were too small in diameter to be categorized as 3b.

I myself am of North American Amerind, SS African and NW European ancestry (as far as I am aware) and my hair type falls somewhere between 2b and 3b (I'm a purist of sorts; no 'C's' for me) -- waves and curls, which loosen up substantially with length.

It is currently upper back length; I'm aiming for waist-length -- where it will possibly be type 1 straight.

http://www.andrewalkerhair.com/
    I remember the uproar of 4c on the forums esp. Naptural; but that site so had agenda changing perm/relaxer and flatiron, among other things into some wacko over compensating derogatives
    Power is the ability not just to tell the story of another person, but to make it the definitive story of that person. The Palestinian poet Mourid Barghouti writes that if you want to dispossess a people, the simplest way to do it is to tell their story, and to start with, "secondly." Start the story with the arrows of the Native Americans, and not with the arrival of the British, and you have and entirely different story.

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, The danger of a single story.

Established Member
    Last Online
    2013-09-05 @ 19:55
    Multiethnic
    Religion
    Unity
    Dominica Sierra Leone Nigeria United States

Quote Originally Posted by VarnadoFoshee View Post
    You really need to learn what twist outs look like

- - - Updated - - -

I remember the uproar of 4c on the forums esp. Naptural; but that site so had agenda changing perm/relaxer and flatiron, among other things into some wacko over compensating derogatives

I know what a twist out looks like I have sisters. HOWEVER the fact remains is that in Those heads of hair I posted ARE different. And I should know, Ive had it ALL my life. Like seriously its ok
    Last edited by Dominicanboy; 2012-12-07 at 14:42.

Established Member
    Last Online
    2014-05-06 @ 02:23

Dominicanboy do you have nappy hair? This is like your third thread about gud hair lol
    Unos nacieron para ser estrellas y otros para ser estrellados

Last Online
    @
    Muslim

Quote Originally Posted by TerryCarr View Post
    they are not Bantu the first dude Nilotic(Maasai) and the rest are Cushitic
    The majority of Oromos (97%) and Afars (95%) are Bantus.

Established Member
    Last Online
    2013-09-05 @ 19:55
    Multiethnic
    Religion
    Unity
    Dominica Sierra Leone Nigeria United States

LOL ..."nappy" hmmm idk I really dont know what that word means.I've been told I have "good hair/bad hair. " that boy with the curly hair" that boy with the fro" So idk.

But Hair is a BIG deal in the afro communities, but I have many females in my family and friends and I even see little girls 5 years old say derogatory things about their OWN hair. Why would I have to have a certain type of hair to make a post.

How many taino, light skin, guess my ethnicity, or african- american, or latino posts have people made? lol

- - - Updated - - -

Im confused i thought Oromo was a Cushitic language
    Last edited by Dominicanboy; 2012-12-09 at 05:10.

Email Inactive Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2013-09-02 @ 18:18

LOL ..."nappy" hmmm idk I really dont know what that word means. But Hair is a BIG deal in the afro communities, but I have many females in my family and friends and I even see little girls 5 years old say derogatory things about their OWN hair.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't listen to her BS. She's trolling and putting out false information. Afars and Oromos are Cushitic speakers. I can't be bothered to correct damage she is trying to do every time so just be aware she trolls. Peace.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Sub-Saharan African
    Metaethnos
    proto-Zairic
    Ethnicity
    Zaïrois
    Religion
    Ndombolo
    Congo Democratic Republic Tanzania African Union(OAS) Comoros Mozambique Seychelles
    Hammer and Sickle Marijuana Party Open Source Initiative Software Freedom Conservancy

Quote Originally Posted by Mister G View Post
    People know that already, it is more or less a "slur", mainly Somalis used that expressions, Ethiopia use (barya) simply means "slaves" and the children in the Nile valley use expressions such as "sub saharans" or "Abeeds", i recall. However with sub saharans it depends on the contexts. I don't think people use that expression anymore "sub saharans".

All in All it is stupid, and some people need to get a grip!
    Maybe i'm wrong, but "Barya" doesn't mean slaves. Barya and Shankella are names of ethnic groups from ethiopia/eritrea and they have been turned into insults. The barya especially are no longer called that and have since become Nara. I believe "jiggaabo" means "slaves". Either way it is pathetic for a dark skinned people to insult other darker skinned people. Some ethiopian that i know said that "Some of the lighter members of my family call my darker skinned family 'barya" or "bariya" and we had to correct them. Many people claim that these names are "affectionate" or "playful but I see nothing cute about them. What are you going to do, its semms like everyone is passing it down Whites> Baige> yellow>brown>dark brown> Black"

Somalis use other words like Jareer (funny cuz there are MANY somalis with "jareer" hair), and they seem to be the only ones that throw "bantu" everywhere, they even call West Africans, bantu, Shaking My Damn Head! By children in the Nile Valley, what country are you referring too? Lets pretend you're talking about Sudan, "Abeed" or "Abid" means "slaves" in Arabic, i've never in my life witness a Sudanese call a west African or a Bantu, abeed, but i've read couple of stories where North Sudanese face a ton of racism in Arab Nations and they are called "Abid or Abeed" along with other sub-Saharans, so it would be very ironic if they actually did that.
    A sliding board can't be slid on if you aint got on the right pants.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Random Dude For This Useful Post:

Sunrise (2012-12-14)

Last Online
    @
    Muslim

LOL ..."nappy" hmmm idk I really dont know what that word means.I've been told I have "good hair/bad hair. " that boy with the curly hair" that boy with the fro" So idk.

But Hair is a BIG deal in the afro communities, but I have many females in my family and friends and I even see little girls 5 years old say derogatory things about their OWN hair. Why would I have to have a certain type of hair to make a post.

How many taino, light skin, guess my ethnicity, or african- american, or latino posts have people made? lol

- - - Updated - - -

Oromos people don't speak the same language, because they are not just one ethnicity, they are a mix of different ethnic, linguistic groups, culture and religion.

Oromos languages
    http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=et

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Race
    Triracial
    Ethnicity
    Hispanic
    Phenotype
    Platanoid Mongrel
    Spain Amazigh Dominican Republic Puerto Rico African Union(OAS) Jatibonicu Taino
    Marijuana Party

Im sorry sir but you are speaking out of straight ignorance. Most people I find still really on stereotypes and dont even really know how to use that chart. What is More common in the sahel are the looser hair types like the 3's and SOME 2's. Any thing in the 4's and even low 3 is common in non sahel regions. I am using Nigeria for example.

To add Any hair type can make their hair look like another hair type.

TYPE 1

2A

2B

2c

3A

3B

3C

4A

4B (probably the most confusing hair type to type for people ive noticed)

4C

- - - Updated - - -
    I haven't grown the mane out since I was very young, but I guess I'd fall somewhere between 2C and 3A. My hair doesn't seem to be too curly or wavvy despite having some SSA influence.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23