Aethiopid
    Ethnicity
    Somali
    Politics
    Centrist Progressivism
    Religion
    Islam
    Somalia Djibouti

Moors were a variety of people from the Islamic civilization of Africa and the Middle East. They had black (sub-saharan Africans Muslims), Brown/Dark-skinned Horner Muslims (Somalis, Oromos, Amharas) and Brown and White skinned Berbers (Tuareg, Bakeyl) and Arabs from the Middle East.

In many Islamic history books written in Arabic is states the different ethnic groups from Africa and Middle East that made up the Moors. I can show you guys these books and translate it for you. So there is no point for you white people to fabricate nonsense. I know you white people have big issues against dark-skinned people, I don't why maybe you suffer from penis envy or something? You guys blatantly lie and insult dark-skinned people with no solid bases. You deny our history!

This is from a history book you can search for it. The Politics of Dress in Somali Culture By Heather Marie Akou

Also I'm really amused how you call those dark-skinned people in the pictures the brother provided as white berbers, first of all Berbers are not white they are Africans and secondly Berbers are not so dark like in the picture, those dark-skinned people your seeing are sub-Saharan Africans and Horners
    Last edited by Ajuran; 2014-01-09 at 23:21.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ajuran For This Useful Post:

Akachi (2014-01-09)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

QBQ Banned
    Last Online
    2014-01-22 @ 23:07

Info. on the original "Arab" Moors who came into North Africa (aboout 70-90k compared to 700+k black Africans).

“The inhabitants of this part of Arabia nearly all belong to the race of Himyar. Their complexion is almost as black as the Abyssinians,”-- Baron von Maltzan, 'Geography of Southern Arabia' (1872)
    “Mahra is the Arab name for the Bedouin tribes who are different in appearance to other Arabs, having almost beardless faces, fuzzy hair and dark pigmentation – such as the Qarra, Mahra and Harasis… Also on “…the Qarra, Mahra and Harasis with parts of other tribes. The language is derived from the language of the Sabaeans, Minaeans and Himyarites. The Mahra with other Southern Arabian peoples seem aligned to the Hamitic race of north-east Africa… The Mahra are believed to be descended from the Habasha, who colonized Ethiopia in the first millennium BC”-- David Phillips, Peoples on the Move (2001)
    “Mr. Baldwin draws a marked distinction between the modern Mahomedan Semitic population of Arabia and their great Cushite, Hamite, or Ethiopian predecessors. The former, he says, ‘are comparatively modern in Arabia,’ they have ‘appropriated the reputation of the old race,’ and have unduly occupied the chief attention of modern scholars.”-- Charles Hardwick (1872)
    Modern Arabs gained their lighter skin through the spread of the Turks:

"How often do we see in Eastern monarchies and even in European states a difference of origin between the ruling class, to which the royal family belongs, and the mass of the people! We need not leave Western Asia and Egypt; we find there Turks ruling over nations to the race of which they do not belong, although they have adopted their religion. In the same way as the Turks of Baghdad, who are Finns, now reign over Semites" François Auguste Ferdinand Mariette (1821 – 1881) French scholar, Archaeologist, Egyptologist, and the founder of the Egyptian Museum in Cairo."OUTLINES OF ANCIENT EGYPTIAN HISTORY" TRANSLATED AND EDITED, WITH NOTES, BY MARY BRODRICK With, an Introductory Note by William C. Winslow, D.D., D.C.L. LL.D., Vice-President of the Egypt Exploration Fund for the United States CHARLES SCRIBNER'S SONS, NEW YORK, 1892 Page 28

Only modern white Turk descendants have to where protective clothing from the tropical sun.

The real Arabs were just "Hamite" (Horner) migrants, before the Turks came down (the Turkish soldiers even recorded to have hated the heat). This is the hidden history that they don't know. They only think that they know genetics which can explain all in their minds.
    Last edited by Akachi; 2014-01-09 at 23:38.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Akachi For This Useful Post:

Ajuran (2014-01-09)

QBS Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2014-08-31 @ 15:29
    E1b1b1
    mtDNA
    L3i2
    Phenotype
    Aethiopid
    Ethnicity
    Somali
    Politics
    Centrist Progressivism
    Religion
    Islam
    Somalia Djibouti

Akachi,

During the Middle Ages the Europeans were was marked by difficulties and calamities including famine, plague, and war, which much diminished the population of Western Europe; between 1347 and 1350, the Black Death killed about a third of Europeans.

Whilst in my country (Somalia) it was going through it's golden period.
    In the Middle Ages, Mogadishu along with other coastal Somali cities in the south east of the Horn of Africa came under the Ajuuraan Empire's sphere of influence and experienced another Golden Age. When Vasco da Gama passed by Mogadishu, he noted that it was a large city with houses of four or five stores high and big palaces in its center and many mosques with cylindrical minarets
    The Europeans are nothing but Barbarians. Not only through history but even present day they are Barbarians, how many countries have they invaded during this century? Iraq! Afghanistan, Somalia during 1993, Vietnam etc. We Moors when we arrived in their lands we brought civilisation, knowledge and peace. However when the Europeans came to Africa and Asia all they brought was destruction. We Somalis are the number 1 people in Africa that fought against the European colonisation it even resulted for the Europeans to bomb us through their planes. Thats why all the colonial generals have written their hate against Somalis but also admitted the intelligence and braveness of Somalis.

Images of Europeans destroying our buildings and land during colonisation:

Ancient Somali door:

The Somali rulers (sultante) that came under the attack of the Europeans:

From Aden, Ibn Battuta embarked on a ship heading for Zeila on the coast of Somalia. He then moved on to Cape Guardafui further down the Somalia seaboard, spending about a week in each location. Later he would visit Mogadishu, the then pre-eminent city of the "Land of the Berbers" (بلد البربر Balad al-Barbar, the medieval Arabic term for the Horn of Africa).[22][23][24]
    When Ibn Battuta arrived in 1331, Mogadishu stood at the zenith of its prosperity. He described it as "an exceedingly large city" with many rich merchants, noted for its high-quality fabric that was exported to other countries, including Egypt.[25] Ibn Battuta added that the city was ruled by a Somali Sultan, Abu Bakr ibn Sayx 'Umar,[26][27] who was originally from Berbera in northern Somalia and spoke both Somali (referred to by Battuta as Mogadishan, the Benadir dialect of Somali) and Arabic with equal fluency.[27][28] The Sultan also had a retinue of wazirs (ministers), legal experts, commanders, royal eunuchs, and assorted hangers-on at his beck and call
    Last edited by Ajuran; 2014-01-09 at 23:56.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ajuran For This Useful Post:

Akachi (2014-01-10), Rebel (2014-01-10)

QBQ Banned
    Last Online
    2014-01-22 @ 23:07

Quote Originally Posted by Ajuran View Post
    This is from a history book you can search for it. The Politics of Dress in Somali Culture By Heather Marie Akou
    Yes Eastern Africa which included Somalia and the Swahili coast were in fact thriving trading ports along the silk road.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else feel free to add more information about the Moors.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Akachi For This Useful Post:

Ajuran (2014-01-10), searching (2014-01-10)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist Random Dude's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Sub-Saharan African
    Ethnicity
    Zaïrois
    Religion
    Gooner
    Congo Democratic Republic African Union(OAS) Congo-Brazzaville

The Moors were mainly composed of coastal Berbers and a minority of West Africans (probably from Senegambia, Mauritania, Mali, Niger, etc. And by "minority", i don't mean they were insignificant). They might have been SSA slaves but i think it's absurd to claim all the Black Africans in that era were servants. Hell, i think the overwhelmingly majority of the West Africans were not slaves at all (All those images support my claim).

And from my understanding, "Moor" is a Latin word for dark-skinned people.
    Last edited by Random Dude; 2014-01-10 at 00:26.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Random Dude For This Useful Post:

TerryCarr (2014-01-10)

Established Member
    Last Online
    2019-08-16 @ 20:39
    E1b1b1a2*, R1b1b2a1a
    mtDNA
    L3b1a,L4b2,L3e1a2,U6a3
    Metaethnos
    Carribean
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Phenotype
    SudaBantu/Amerind/Med
    Dominican Republic African Union(OAS)

Quote Originally Posted by Random Dude View Post
    The Moors were mainly composed of coastal Berbers and a minority of West Africans (probably from Senegambia, Mauritania, Mali, Niger, etc. And by "minority", i don't mean they were insignificant). They might have been SSA slaves but i think it's absurd to claim all the Black Africans in that era were servants. Hell, i think the overwhelmingly majority of the West Africans were not slaves at all (All those images support my claim).

Agreed, i never mentiodne they where all slaves, but that alot of them where, this is what kicked off slavery. Without the help of the moors the Spanish and portugese coudln't even locate senengambia on a map, they had never been there, but since the trans-saharan slave trade had already kicked off for some time, this cut out the work for them. Slavery in the new world would have been impossible without the moors.

QBS Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    E1b1b1
    mtDNA
    L3i2
    Phenotype
    Aethiopid
    Ethnicity
    Somali
    Politics
    Centrist Progressivism
    Religion
    Islam
    Somalia Djibouti

Quote Originally Posted by Random Dude View Post

If I must correct you. The word Berber in history it described the Somalis or the Hamitic people of Horn of Africa.

Bilad al-Barbar (Barbara) was the term that medieval Arab geographers and scholars reserved for the northern half of the Horn of Africa. The Arabs had the habit of naming a particular geographical area according to whatever the inhabitants of that landmass happened to be. Due to its core Hamitic inhabitants, this part of Northeastern Africa was thus referred to as the "Land of the Berbers".
    s
    "Generally speaking, Arab authors seem to have regarded Barbara as synonymous with the Hamitic tribes of the Horn. Cf. Ibn Khaldun: 'To the south of Zeila on the western coast of the Indian Ocean are the villages of Berbera, which extend one after the other all along the southern coast [of the Indian Ocean] to the end of the sixth section. There, to the east, the country of the Zanj adjoins them'"
    Although the Arabs were the most prolific foreign explorers and describers of the Northeastern Africa region, they were not the first. Ancient Chinese documents from centuries earlier also profile the area's inhabitants, customs, lifestyle and commodities. For example, in his book Miscellaneous Notes in Chronicle Years ("you yang za zu"), the 9th century merchant Duan Chengshi wrote the following about the northern Horn coast, a region he referred to as "Bo-ba-li":

"[it is] an independent country with an infantry of over 200 thousand men, strong enough to defy the powerful Tazi (the Arab Empire)."
    "The beginnings of Arab navigation in the Indian Ocean are lost in antiquity. The Omanis and other inhabitants of South Arabia were the most adventuresome sailors. To them the coast of Africa was known as Sawahil as-Sudan, the "Shore of the Blacks," which is the origin of the name of the language which is now the lingua franca of East Africa, Swahili. The interior of the Horn region was called Bilad al-Barbar, the "Land of the Berbers" and recent scholarly opinion holds that it was already inhabited by people who were at least in part the ancestors of the Somalis."
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemba View Post
    Agreed, i never mentiodne they where all slaves, but that alot of them where, this is what kicked off slavery. Without the help of the moors the Spanish and portugese coudln't even locate senengambia on a map, they had never been there, but since the trans-saharan slave trade had already kicked off for some time, this cut out the work for them. Slavery in the new world would have been impossible without the moors.
    It was the Dark-Skinned people that enslaved other Dark-Skinned people. And it was them that allowed others to do that too. However the Moors also ensalved white people like the Slavics and the white people that refused to convert to Islam were also used a slaves.

In addition to Bantu plantation slaves, Somalis sometimes enslaved peoples of Oromo pastoral background
    Oromos are Ethiopians and are genetically related to Somalis and other East Africans. So Bantus (negroids) were not the only African people that were enslaved but Oromos whom are Hamitic were also enslaved. Besides the obivious reason why the Moors enslaved mainly Bantus was because of their strong physique that's all, also the Moors only enslaved the non-Muslims and not the Muslim Bantus.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    plutocracia
    Spain Old Aragon

'moor' is an european name of greek or latin origin, but how moors called themselves?, someone knows?
    and what was the moors natural habitat?, only nort-west africa?, (the maghreb)

no moors in egypt for example?

and moors were not so black, there was a fashion making paintings and statues like these in the thread in the XIX century in europe, but it only was a fashion, not a depiction of reality.

QBS Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    E1b1b1
    mtDNA
    L3i2
    Phenotype
    Aethiopid
    Ethnicity
    Somali
    Politics
    Centrist Progressivism
    Religion
    Islam
    Somalia Djibouti

Quote Originally Posted by impasible View Post
    'moor' is an european name of greek or latin origin, but how moors called themselves?, someone knows?
    and what was the moors natural habitat?, only nort-west africa?, (the maghreb)

no moors in egypt for example?

and moors were not so black, there was a fashion making paintings and statues like these in the thread in the XIX century in europe, but it only was a fashion, not a depiction of reality.
    Don't deny history. You will only embarrass yourself.

Last edited by Ajuran; 2014-01-10 at 01:33.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ajuran For This Useful Post:

Akachi (2014-01-10)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist Random Dude's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Sub-Saharan African
    Ethnicity
    Zaïrois
    Religion
    Gooner
    Congo Democratic Republic African Union(OAS) Congo-Brazzaville

Quote Originally Posted by Ajuran View Post
    If I must correct you. The word Berber in history it described the Somalis or the Hamitic people of Horn of Africa.
    Well, i wasn't referring to the "Barbara" or "Berbera" people of the Horn. I was referring to the Berbers of Northwest Africa who, along with West Africans, conquered Spain.

It was the Dark-Skinned people that enslaved other Dark-Skinned people. And it was them that allowed others to do that too. However the Moors also ensalved white people like the Slavics and the white people that refused to convert to Islam were also used a slaves.
    I had no idea there was a significant population of Slavic people in Spain/Portugal at the time. The only whites they enslaved were the natives (Latins)...i think everybody knows that.

Oromos are Ethiopians and are genetically related to Somalis and other East Africans. So Bantus (negroids) were not the only African people that were enslaved but Oromos whom are Hamitic were also enslaved. Besides the obivious reason why the Moors enslaved mainly Bantus was because of their strong physique that's all, also the Moors only enslaved the non-Muslims and not the Muslim Bantus.
    The Moors didn't enslaved Bantus. You want to know the oblivious reason my friend? Because there were no Bantus! The only blacks (either Black Moors or non-Muslim blacks) were West Africans (West Africans aren't Bantu). That's it. Moors= mainly coastal berbers and minority (though significant) West Africans.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast