Q-M3
    mtDNA
    A2
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Phenotype
    Mestizo
    United States Mexico

Default Personality Predicts Political Preference?

Take these with a grain of salt but I found it was good food for thought.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...olitical-wars/

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...in-study-finds

http://psychcentral.com/news/2011/04...res/25184.html

According to the experts who study political leanings, liberals and conservatives do not just see things differently. They are different—in their personalities and even their unconscious reactions to the world around them. For example, in a study published in January, a team led by psychologist Michael Dodd and political scientist John Hibbing of the University of Nebraska–Lincoln found that when viewing a collage of photographs, conservatives' eyes unconsciously lingered 15 percent longer on repellent images, such as car wrecks and excrement—suggesting that conservatives are more attuned than liberals to assessing potential threats.

Meanwhile examining the contents of 76 college students' bedrooms, as one group did in a 2008 study, revealed that conservatives possessed more cleaning and organizational items, such as ironing boards and calendars, confirmation that they are orderly and self-disciplined. Liberals owned more books and travel-related memorabilia, which conforms with previous research suggesting that they are open and novelty-seeking.
    Peering inside the brain with MRI scans, researchers at University College London found that self-described conservative students had a larger amygdala than liberals. The amygdala is an almond-shaped structure deep in the brain that is active during states of fear and anxiety. Liberals had more gray matter at least in the anterior cingulate cortex, a region of the brain that helps people cope with complexity.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 16:22
    Q-M3
    mtDNA
    A2
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Phenotype
    Mestizo
    United States Mexico

bump

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Race
    Europid
    Phenotype
    Nordid
    Politics
    Far Right
    Religion
    Anti Religion
    Canada Netherlands France United States

Actually, I don't think personality is really a predetermined trait. Nature vs. nurture is one of those things everyone seems to have an opinion about, yet no one really knows for sure what the real deal is, because humans are way too complex for us to ever understand, also to what extent genetic vs. environmental factors play a role in developing our personalities. Politically, I prefer to avoid labels in real life. Personally, I don't really fit completely any category known to me. Regarding issues such as right to choose, immigration, capital punishment, law and order, social services, etc. I have my unique opinions, but they don't fully 'match' with any political party or persuasion (left or right). I guess I'm different. Also in real life, I get along with everyone though, even with folks at the two ends of the political spectrum. I respect others' views (if they are reasonable), and find no reason to convert anyone to my perspectives. I share facts, I am a fan of logic and reason, and choose not to engage in political discourse with individuals, who cannot separate their emotions from their views. You can have your own opinion, but you don't get to have your own set of 'facts'.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silk For This Useful Post:

a_garcia49 (2017-05-18), Iron Hand (2017-05-18)

Established Member
    Junior Member But Cool
    Last Online
    2017-05-18 @ 16:36
    Y-DNA
    E-U174
    mtDNA
    U6a3
    Race
    Sub-Saharan African
    Metaethnos
    Akan/Mande/Igbo
    Ethnicity
    Jamaican
    Phenotype
    Goldwindid Sudanid
    Politics
    Monarchy over Republic
    Religion
    Nunya
    England Jamaica Skull and crossbones

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Actually, I don't think personality is really a predetermined trait. Nature vs. nurture is one of those things everyone seems to have an opinion about, yet no one really knows for sure what the real deal is, because humans are way too complex for us to ever understand, also to what extent genetic vs. environmental factors play a role in developing our personalities. Politically, I prefer to avoid labels in real life. Personally, I don't really fit completely any category known to me. Regarding issues such as right to choose, immigration, capital punishment, law and order, social services, etc. I have my unique opinions, but they don't fully 'match' with any political party or persuasion (left or right). I guess I'm different. Also in real life, I get along with everyone though, even with folks at the two ends of the political spectrum. I respect others' views (if they are reasonable), and find no reason to convert anyone to my perspectives. I share facts, I am a fan of logic and reason, and choose not to engage in political discourse with individuals, who cannot separate their emotions from their views. You can have your own opinion, but you don't get to have your own set of 'facts'.
    I'm shocked! You wrote something of substance and intelligence rather than acting like a foolish troll!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Iron Hand For This Useful Post:

a_garcia49 (2017-05-18), CWF (2017-05-18), NixYO (2017-05-18), Sun Shield Pakal (2017-05-18)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Race
    Europid
    Phenotype
    Nordid
    Politics
    Far Right
    Religion
    Anti Religion
    Canada Netherlands France United States

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand View Post
    I'm shocked! You wrote something of substance and intelligence rather than acting like a foolish troll!
    Says a troll?