User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gene for Penis size located on X chromosome878 days old

Last Online
    2016-11-14 @ 19:59

Default Gene for Penis size located on X chromosome

I think for various reasons the gene for penis size is located on the X chromosome, and follows the X chromosome inheritance patter, i.e., the son's penis size is dependent on the mother's X, coming from her paternal or maternal line. Because if it were the other way around, that penis size is dependent on the father's gene, the Y , then penis size would be always increasing, to a homogenous size. Because females, in choosing a mate would more often than not select the male with the larger penis, ensuring that her sons would also have large genitals. But given that penis size has a Bell curve distribution, and that penis size has remained stable over evolution, it must be "hidden" on the X.

What are the opinions of the forum ?

Established Member
    Last Online
    2016-12-06 @ 01:43
    N1c1*
    mtDNA
    H3g1
    Religion
    Evidence
    Finland

"The gene for penis size". So you think penis size is determined by one gene only? That's hardly the case. One of the genes that influence penis size is the gene that codes for androgen receptor. It's indeed located in the X chromosome. There are very likely others, too, and they may well be located in autosomal chromosomes. Because the size of the penis is largely determined by sex hormone levels and the sensitivity of their receptors, it's both genetic and environmental. Same hormonal abnormalities or other "disturbances" in the mother's womb that cause homosexuality are likely to make the penis grow larger, too:

On all five measures, homosexual men reported larger penises than did heterosexual men. Explanations for these differences are discussed, including the possibility that these findings provide additional evidence that variations in prenatal hormonal levels (or other biological mechanisms affecting reproductive structures) affect sexual orientation development.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10410197

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jusarius For This Useful Post:

Awale (2014-10-21), Hammer (2016-04-23), Janos (2015-02-05), LexRD (2014-10-18), pgbk87 (2014-10-17), Selva175 (2014-10-08)

Funding Member
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @

If I had a son, his penis would be huge.

Re: OP: I read this somewhere else... I'm not sure that females select mates on the basis of penis size, though. Even if that were true, who's to say that penii aren't actually growing larger? Maybe they started out as little nubs but they are getting bigger with each generation. Has there been a study?

Quote Originally Posted by Jusarius
    Same hormonal abnormalities or other "disturbances" in the mother's womb that cause homosexuality are likely to make the penis grow larger, too:
    I come back here after a year and you are still harping on the homosexuality thing, lol.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to larali For This Useful Post:

Hammer (2016-04-23), randomguy1235 (2014-10-18)

Established Member
    Last Online
    N1c1*
    mtDNA
    H3g1
    Religion
    Evidence
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by larali View Post
    If I had a son, his penis would be huge.
    Why? You have one, too?

Re: OP: I read this somewhere else... I'm not sure that females select mates on the basis of penis size, though. Even if that were true, who's to say that penii aren't actually growing larger? Maybe they started out as little nubs but they are getting bigger with each generation. Has there been a study?
    Gorillas' penises are actually like little nubs compared with humans. In fact humans' penises are the largest in the whole primate family both in absolute terms and in relation to body size so I guess there has been some kind of selection for its size.

I come back here after a year and you are still harping on the homosexuality thing, lol.
    Suspiciously obsessive? Actually this was my first time in a year or so that I even mention that so it's just that your timing was bad.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jusarius For This Useful Post:

Awale (2014-10-21), Hammer (2016-04-23), larali (2014-10-18), randomguy1235 (2014-10-18)

QBQ Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2015-07-22 @ 19:22
    Race
    Biracial
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Religion
    Rasta-Buddha
    Dominican Republic United States Ethiopia

idk but these threads would be nice if ppl don't get so insecure about their members, remember a woman cannot tell if your penis is small or large because it's in your pants and undies and in either way as i said before the average penis size flaccid is 1-3 inches and erect 5-7 inches i suspect everybody here is in that range so let's not be ashamed and even if your penis tends to be a little smaller than the average then no matter cause it's how you use it, as well as that the woman does not get aroused from that at all but they actually get first confortable with you, then turned out mentally and then physically (ntn new there) its always been that way no need to be insecure (anybody) they will still foundo you regardless of size or how it looks like besides they all look the same any way. Hope this helps, also the food that's garanteed to give you a larger erected penis and blood flow is avocado, watermelons, and pineapple. Also foods such as eggs, meat, fish, and vegies etc... gives more and unleashes more testorone or hormones.

Funding Member
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @

Historically, men choose women, not the other way around....

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to larali For This Useful Post:

Awale (2014-10-21), dominicanese (2014-10-18), Hammer (2016-04-23)

QBQ Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2015-07-22 @ 19:22
    Race
    Biracial
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Religion
    Rasta-Buddha
    Dominican Republic United States Ethiopia

very short and simple, better said than what i wrote lol

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dominicanese For This Useful Post:

Awale (2014-10-21), Hammer (2016-04-23), larali (2014-10-18)

Established Member
    Last Online
    N1c1*
    mtDNA
    H3g1
    Religion
    Evidence
    Finland

In some Islamic countries maybe and some other extreme patriarchal cultures. Apart from rape, it has not been like that in our evolutionary past. Not in today's hunter-gatherer societies either.

Established Member
    Dubious Honour of 2nd-most Posts alfieb's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Mediterrone
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern Sicilian
    Phenotype
    Altanto-Med+CM/Berid
    Italy Sicily-II United States Argentina

Even if that were true, who's to say that penii aren't actually growing larger? Maybe they started out as little nubs but they are getting bigger with each generation. Has there been a study?
    It's a shame most statues and cave paintings usually do not depict them at their full erectness, in terms of your theory.

Last Online
    2016-11-14 @ 19:59

Thank you all for your comments... to summarize, :

the most reasonable responses are 1) it would be flaccid penis size, not erect that females make their judgements on , as they don't usually see the erect penis immediately, point made by alfieb . 2) women don't choose mates, men do, by larali 3) we don't know if indeed penis size has been growing or not over the past million years, by Jusaruis.... mentioning gorillas having small penii. All interesting, but let me see if I can logically answer these questions....1) flaccid penis size corelates roughly with erect size..not perfectly but good enough for my argument 2)when men do the choosing, penis size becomes randomly chosen, so we can factor that out, so that even if women do the minority of the choosing, it is their decision that would break the tie. Now if Larali said that the choosing is completely male ( i doubt ) then perhaps the random distribution of penis sizes would be due to men not selectively choosing out the larger penis...that would sink my argument. With respect to response # 3) , the human species doesn't not include gorillas, monkeys, and apes , therefore we couldn't use the argument that penis size has increased over the millenia.

This whole thread started when I started thinking about the inheritance of penises.. from observations within my own extended family, many of us have large members , and it comes from our maternal grandfather.

And regarding the opposite, that large penises don't come from the father , a number of acquaintances have made mention of the fact that their sons are well endowed, while they ( fathers) are small to average, prompting a number to consider that their sons actually were from another father.

with respect to the "why are we discussing penis size genes?" responses, their probably would be a multi trillion dollar industry if we found what the gene is , and where it is located . Laugh, but it would likely be the truth.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast