Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 180 EUR, Received: 120 EUR (67%)
By donating, you not only support the continued existence of this site, you also improve this site in various ways, by making it affordable for ForumBiodiversity to upgrade the server with better hardware and licensed non-free proprietary software, but also motivating the staff to work harder. ABF will always be free of charge (gratis) to use. However, if everyone donates a small monthly amount, it makes a tremendous difference for the forum's overall quality in the long haul.

User Tag List

Thread: Europeans Mutate Differently...967 days old

Established Member
    Last Online
    2015-12-24 @ 22:43
    R-DF13+
    mtDNA
    U5b1b1(T16192C)
    Race
    West Eurasian
    Ethnicity
    Eurasian
    Politics
    Pragmatic
    Religion
    Humanist
    Romani Germany imperial flag Norway United Kingdom Israel Star of David Faroe Islands

Default Europeans Mutate Differently...

http://www.unz.com/gnxp/europeans-mutate-differently/

Very interesting, what are the implications for this? I wonder if i can look into similar things using my own RAW data file from 23andme?
    I once tried thinking for an entire day, but I found it less valuable than one moment of study. I once tried standing up on my toes to see far out in the distance, but I found that I could see much farther by climbing to a high place.
    Xunzi

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evon For This Useful Post:

larali (2014-11-04), Selva175 (2014-11-04)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Last Online
    2017-01-04 @ 18:14

Interesting topic! I also have the same interest with this topic. I figure out that the analysis of the man, who lived in modern-day Spain only about 7,000 years ago, shows light-skin genes in Europeans evolved much more recently than previously thought. Many scientists have believed that lighter skin gradually arose in Europeans starting around 40,000 years ago, soon after people left tropical Africa for Europe's higher latitudes. The hunter-gatherer's dark skin pushes this date forward to only 7,000 years ago, suggesting that at least some humans lived considerably longer than thought in Europe before losing the dark pigmentation that evolved under Africa's sun.
    One more point is that in the food-production theory, the cereal-rich diet of Neolithic farmers lacked vitamin D, so Europeans rapidly lost their dark-skin pigmentation only once they switched to agriculture, because it was only at that point that they had to synthesize vitamin D from the sun more readily.
    Nice to share with you.

Race Scientist
    Last Online
    2017-06-13 @ 21:28
    Ethnicity
    caucasian
    United States

Almost all villages in the time after the last Ice Age ended were near rivers and streams. There is an abundance of vitamin D in fish. So these people got enough vitamin D from eating fish. There is also this problem with these people being covered from head to toe with warm clothing.
    As reported in Science magazine and at a 2007 meeting of the Physical Antropologists, gene research shows that Europeans skin may have turned pale around 6000 years ago. The selective sweep of the DNA occured around 5,300 to 6,000 years ago. The studies show that these early Europeans had a stricking lack of diversity in the DNA flanking this gene. A sign of very recent genetic change.Such recent changes in skin color show that humans were still evolving at that time. These genetic changes were traced to the NW coast of the Black sea.