Ecofascism, Radicalism
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Dodecad
    DOD040
    Eurogenes
    ASY2
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece
    Assyrian Zowaa emblem Order of the Dragon insignia Open Source Initiative Marijuana Party Pirate Party Vegetarianism

Quote Originally Posted by sgh View Post
    I'm somewhat confused. Assyrians are closer to Armenians than to the others...Turks are closer to Armenians than the others but Armenians are equal in their connection to Assyrians and Turks...I must be reading something wrong. I wonder if you can elaborate on that?
    "Turks" are basically genetically Armenian/Assyrian with around 5% non-Caucasoid admixture (Turco-Mongol), mostly on the paternal lineage. They're not really that Greek either, as they cluster much closer to Assyrians on autosomal PCA plots than they are to Greeks, even the pseudo-Turks from Western Anatolia (although I'd imagine the pseudo-Turks from Istanbul are very likely more or less Greek or generally more European).

But it should be emphasised: Assyrians are more racially pure and don't have any Mongoloid admixture or anything like that, at least nowhere near the 5-10% admixture some Western Anatolian pseudo-Turks can have.

Also, some Kurds do have some Negroid and Mongoloid admixture as well. I have yet to see any Assyrian with significant non-Caucasoid admixture though.
    Quote Originally Posted by birko19 View Post
    You're reading too much into it, it's just a haplogroup count, it does not mean they're closer to this or that.
    Actually, the fact that Y-DNA D (East Eurasian Y-DNA) is existent in pseudo-Turks at a 1-2% frequency and non-existent amongst Assyrians/Armenians/Maronites is evidence of the the genetic fact that Assyrians have virtually no Mongoloid admixture whereas pseudo-Turks have Mongoloid admixture below 10% of their autosomal DNA.

This also explains the somewhat more eastern drag of pseudo-Turks on the PCA plot.
    Last edited by EliasAlucard; 2010-04-28 at 07:42.
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows! | Linux Mint 17 MATE Edition no-codecs (64-bit) | PRISM-Break! | PeerBlock | Windows7sins | The g00z Capture Bible

“The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

“Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

More awesome quotes:
    Spoiler: 
    “They say, a man never really knows himself, until his freedom's been taken away.
    I wonder... how well, do you know yourself?”
    — Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty

“The idea that any kind of free society can be constructed in which people will never be offended or insulted is absurd. So too is the notion that people should have the right to call on the law to defend them against being offended or insulted. A fundamental decision needs to be made: do we want to live in a free society or not?”
    Salman Rushdie

“Free speech is meant to protect unpopular speech.
    Popular speech, by definition, needs no protection.”
    — Neal Boortz

“Freedom isn't for wimps.” — Neal Boortz

“The final test of truth is ridicule. Very few dogmas have ever faced it and survived.” ― H. L. Mencken

“The more powerful and original a mind, the more it will incline towards the religion of solitude.” ― Aldous Huxley

“Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.” — Bruce Lee

“Everything great and intelligent is in the minority.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

“If you put the most important cultural elements in society into the hands of commercial people who want to make a profit, they will bring it down to the lowest common denominator.” — Richard Hoggart

AFRO-ASIATIC PWNAGE | AFRO-ASIATIC PWNAGE 2 | AFRO-ASIATIC PWNAGE 3 | ULTIMATE AFRO-ASIATIC PWNAGE | ARMENIAN PWNAGE

Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    G1*
    mtDNA
    HV4a2a
    Metaethnos
    Mesopotamian
    Ethnicity
    Suraya
    Religion
    Transhumanism
    Dodecad
    DOD134
    Eurogenes
    ASY12
    Harappa
    HRP0010
    United States Assyria United States

Quote Originally Posted by sgh View Post
    I'm somewhat confused. Assyrians are closer to Armenians than to the others...Turks are closer to Armenians than the others but Armenians are equal in their connection to Assyrians and Turks...I must be reading something wrong. I wonder if you can elaborate on that?
    Assyrian y-DNA is most similar to Armenian y-DNA. Assyrian y-DNA is next most similar to Turkish y-DNA. Assyrian y-DNA is least similar to Maronite y-DNA.

Armenian y-DNA is approximately similar to Assyrian and Turkish y-DNA. Armenian y-DNA is least similar to Maronite y-DNA.

Turkish y-DNA is most similar to Armenian y-DNA. Turkish y-DNA is next most similar to Assyrian y-DNA. Turkish y-DNA is least similar to Maronite y-DNA.

Maronite y-DNA is most similar to Armenian y-DNA. Maronite y-DNA is next most similar to Assyrian y-DNA. Maronite y-DNA is least similar to Turkish y-DNA.

Assyrian Maronite Armenian Turkish
    Assyrian 0.00, 36.09, 7.12, 16.16
    Maronite 36.09, 0.00, 27.65, 47.69
    Armenian 7.12, 27.65, 0.00, 7.18
    Turkish 16.16, 47.69, 7.18, 0.00

The lower the #, the higher the y-DNA affinity.

---------- Post added 2010-04-28 at 02:49 ----------

Note: Assyrian y-DNA is now based on 51 samples. Taken from SMGF database. I failed to update the chart.
    Last edited by Humanist; 2010-04-28 at 07:48.
    I [Nebuchadnezzar] made a trench searching for the old foundation deposits ( . . . ), and I found the foundation of Naram-Sin, the king of Babylon, a remote ancestor, and I did not remove his inscription, but put my own inscription together with his inscription.
    The Pious King: Royal Patronage of Temples
    By Caroline Waerzeggers

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Humanist For This Useful Post:

Prince_of_Assyria (2012-07-14), sgh (2010-04-28)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2013-12-31 @ 07:08

Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post
    "Turks" are basically genetically Armenian/Assyrian with around 5% non-Caucasoid admixture (Turco-Mongol), mostly on the paternal lineage. They're not really that Greek either, as they cluster much closer to Assyrians on autosomal PCA plots than they are to Greeks, even the pseudo-Turks from Western Anatolia (although I'd imagine the pseudo-Turks from Istanbul are very likely more or less Greek or generally more European).

But it should be emphasised: Assyrians are more racially pure and don't have any Mongoloid admixture or anything like that, at least nowhere near the 5-10% admixture some Western Anatolian pseudo-Turks can have.

Also, some Kurds do have some Negroid and Mongoloid admixture as well. I have yet to see any Assyrian with significant non-Caucasoid admixture though.Actually, the fact that Y-DNA D (East Eurasian Y-DNA) is existent in pseudo-Turks at a 1-2% frequency and non-existent amongst Assyrians/Armenians/Maronites is evidence of the the genetic fact that Assyrians have virtually no Mongoloid admixture whereas pseudo-Turks have Mongoloid admixture below 10% of their autosomal DNA.

This also explains the somewhat more eastern drag of pseudo-Turks on the PCA plot.
    Do you have a link to these graphs/plots? I'd like to seem them.

Established Member
    Curry Merchant / IT Guy birko19's Avatar
    Last Online
    2014-09-03 @ 18:31
    R2a*
    mtDNA
    T1*
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian
    Assyria Canada

Also, some Kurds do have some Negroid and Mongoloid admixture as well. I have yet to see any Assyrian with significant non-Caucasoid admixture though.Actually, the fact that Y-DNA D (East Eurasian Y-DNA) is existent in pseudo-Turks at a 1-2% frequency and non-existent amongst Assyrians/Armenians/Maronites is evidence of the the genetic fact that Assyrians have virtually no Mongoloid admixture whereas pseudo-Turks have Mongoloid admixture below 10% of their autosomal DNA.

Being Turk and belonging to a certain haplogroup is irrelevant, today the most popular haplogroup in Central Asia is R1a, that's where most of those real Turk populations live today.

If we base ourselves on haplogroups we're nowhere near pure, how do you explain the R1a, R2, L, Q, N, and even some of the R1b's? Or how about explaining the I in the Lebanese population? There's no such thing as pure when it comes to haplogroups unless we're dealing with isolated groups.

Read what I said earlier, 10 generations away from you is 1024 ancestors, this is around 400 years ago, this haplogroup only makes up 1 out of the 1024, the deeper you go the more ancestors you have, this makes me question people's intelligence when they start basing populations on these haplogroups.

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2013-12-31 @ 07:08

Being Turk and belonging to a certain haplogroup is irrelevant, today the most popular haplogroup in Central Asia is R1a, that's where most of those real Turk populations live today.

If we base ourselves on haplogroups we're nowhere near pure, how do you explain the R1a, R2, L, Q, N, and even some of the R1b's? Or how about explaining the I in the Lebanese population? There's no such thing as pure when it comes to haplogroups unless we're dealing with isolated groups.

Read what I said earlier, 10 generations away from you is 1024 ancestors, this is around 400 years ago, this haplogroup only makes up 1 out of the 1024, the deeper you go the more ancestors you have, this makes me question people's intelligence when they start basing populations on these haplogroups.
    Yeah apparently the Lebanese and the Armenians got hot and heavy(moderately so lol) with those I-carrying Europeans; the Turks even more so(no shame)...damn we didn't get any action holed up in our mountains ...then again it was the European guys getting it on with Levantine and Anatolian women...God bless those mountains.
    Last edited by sgh; 2010-04-28 at 08:36.

Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J1a2b2-L147+ CMH-6
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Ecofascism, Radicalism
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Dodecad
    DOD040
    Eurogenes
    ASY2
    Assyrian Zowaa emblem Order of the Dragon insignia Open Source Initiative Marijuana Party Pirate Party Vegetarianism

And R1a was brought there with Indo-European speakers (Caucasians). R1a may have "Eastern" origins but it is not an East Eurasian/Mongoloid Y-DNA.

The Emerging Tree of West Eurasian mtDNAs.

You don't find R1a at a high frequency in ethnic Chinese/Japanese and other Mongolid groups, you mostly find R1a in race mixed hybrid Mongoloid populations.
    So called "purity" is really just a substitute term for homogeneity (i.e., stable breeding isolates). No such thing as "pure races" or ethnicities (Mussolini was right about that), but there are homogeneous genetic breeding isolates, and that's what most people usually mean when they discuss racial purity.

So it's irrelevant that Assyrians have various haplogroup lineages, because most of our haplogroups are West Eurasian specific haplogroups, and these various paternal/maternal lineages have been mixing with each other for so long by now that its carriers no longer carry haplogroup-specific autosomal DNA (meaning, regardless of their haplogroups, their autosomal DNA is relatively homogeneous).

This is why the race denying crowd is dumb when they use haplogroups as some sort of evidence for denying race.
    Before questioning other peoples' intelligence, perhaps you should question your own understanding of haplogroups? Not that I'm omniscient myself when it comes to haplogroups (I don't really care that seriously about haplogroups; it gets awfully geeky when you study every DYS-value and subclade. I mean seriously, who cares about that shit except DNA nerds?), but you still have some basics to learn.

So anyway, the fact that Anatolian pseudo-Turks carry some Y-DNA D is a testament to their minor and recent Mongoloid admixture.
    Last edited by EliasAlucard; 2010-04-28 at 09:43.
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows! | Linux Mint 17 MATE Edition no-codecs (64-bit) | PRISM-Break! | PeerBlock | Windows7sins | The g00z Capture Bible

More awesome quotes:
    Spoiler: 
    “They say, a man never really knows himself, until his freedom's been taken away.

“The idea that any kind of free society can be constructed in which people will never be offended or insulted is absurd. So too is the notion that people should have the right to call on the law to defend them against being offended or insulted. A fundamental decision needs to be made: do we want to live in a free society or not?”
    Salman Rushdie

— Neal Boortz

“The final test of truth is ridicule. Very few dogmas have ever faced it and survived.” ― H. L. Mencken

“The more powerful and original a mind, the more it will incline towards the religion of solitude.” ― Aldous Huxley

“Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.” — Bruce Lee

“Everything great and intelligent is in the minority.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

“If you put the most important cultural elements in society into the hands of commercial people who want to make a profit, they will bring it down to the lowest common denominator.” — Richard Hoggart

AFRO-ASIATIC PWNAGE | AFRO-ASIATIC PWNAGE 2 | AFRO-ASIATIC PWNAGE 3 | ULTIMATE AFRO-ASIATIC PWNAGE | ARMENIAN PWNAGE

Quoted for truth:
    For the lulz:
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

Established Member
    Last Online
    R2a*
    mtDNA
    T1*
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian
    Assyria Canada

And R1a was brought there with Indo-European speakers (Caucasians). R1a may have "Eastern" origins but it is not an East Eurasian/Mongoloid Y-DNA.
    I think R1a is far older than Indo-European languages, so basically two different subjects.

The Emerging Tree of West Eurasian mtDNAs.

You don't find R1a at a high frequency in ethnic Chinese/Japanese and other Mongolid groups, you mostly find R1a in race mixed hybrid Mongoloid populations.So called "purity" is really just a substitute term for homogeneity (i.e., stable breeding isolates). No such thing as "pure races" or ethnicities (Mussolini was right about that), but there are homogeneous genetic breeding isolates, and that's what most people usually mean when they discuss racial purity.
    But once again R1a is far older than the Turks, real Turks don't exactly come from Mongols either, they're different (Even Genghis Khan had Turk enemies), they may be related but they're not the same.

So it's irrelevant that Assyrians have various haplogroup lineages, because most of our haplogroups are West Eurasian specific haplogroups, and these various paternal/maternal lineages have been mixing with each other for so long by now that its carriers no longer carry haplogroup-specific autosomal DNA (meaning, regardless of their haplogroups, their autosomal DNA is relatively homogeneous).

This is why the race denying crowd is dumb when they use haplogroups as some sort of evidence for denying race.Before questioning other peoples' intelligence, perhaps you should question your own understanding of haplogroups? Not that I'm omniscient myself when it comes to haplogroups (I don't really care that seriously about haplogroups; it gets awfully geeky when you study every DYS-value and subclade. I mean seriously, who cares about that shit except DNA nerds?), but you still have some basics to learn.

So anyway, the fact that Anatolian pseudo-Turks carry some Y-DNA D is a testament to their minor and recent Mongoloid admixture.
    What I say is the truth though, don't be surprised if some of that R1a or heck even J2 in the middle east was brought by actual Mongolian looking Turks, these people came in waves from Central Asia and surely, whatever haplogroups were there did cross over.

Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J1a2b2-L147+ CMH-6
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Ecofascism, Radicalism
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Dodecad
    DOD040
    Eurogenes
    ASY2

I think R1a is far older than Indo-European languages, so basically two different subjects.
    Sure, but there's no genetic study as far as I'm aware of, postulating highest genetic variation of Y-DNA R1a amongst ethnic groups of Mongoloid race. Hence, R1a in semi-Mongolid groups is the result of admixture rather than original mutation in indigenous population.

2,000-year-old R1a1 west Eurasian dug up in Mongolia
    But once again R1a is far older than the Turks, real Turks don't exactly come from Mongols either, they're different (Even Genghis Khan had Turk enemies), they may be related but they're not the same.
    See above.
    What I say is the truth though, don't be surprised if some of that R1a or heck even J2 in the middle east was brought by actual Mongolian looking Turks, these people came in waves from Central Asia and surely, whatever haplogroups were there did cross over.
    I'm not disputing R1a came from Central Asia. What I'm saying is, it was most likely from a Caucasoid group rather than the current race-mixed Turkic populations. Keep in mind R1b is from Anatolia, so they were likely not that far off from each other. You could basically say R1a is native to the Middle East or Eurasian steppes rather than East Asia.
    Last edited by EliasAlucard; 2010-04-28 at 10:36.

More awesome quotes:
    Spoiler: 

Salman Rushdie

— Neal Boortz

Quoted for truth:
    For the lulz:

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    G1*
    mtDNA
    HV4a2a
    Metaethnos
    Mesopotamian
    Ethnicity
    Suraya
    Religion
    Transhumanism
    Dodecad
    DOD134
    Eurogenes
    ASY12
    Harappa
    HRP0010
    United States Assyria United States

The Iranians are now also included.
    Last edited by Humanist; 2012-07-24 at 23:52.
    I [Nebuchadnezzar] made a trench searching for the old foundation deposits ( . . . ), and I found the foundation of Naram-Sin, the king of Babylon, a remote ancestor, and I did not remove his inscription, but put my own inscription together with his inscription.
    The Pious King: Royal Patronage of Temples
    By Caroline Waerzeggers

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Humanist For This Useful Post:

sgh (2010-04-28), Svin (2010-04-29)

Established Member
    Last Online
    R2a*
    mtDNA
    T1*
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian
    Assyria Canada

What I'm saying is, it was most likely from a Caucasoid group rather than the current race-mixed Turkic populations. Keep in mind R1b is from Anatolia, so they were likely not that far off from each other. You could basically say R1a is native to the Middle East or Eurasian steppes rather than East Asia.
    R1b is the other thing, while it did develop in Anatolia I'm quite positive some of it came back from Europe and mixed into the middle eastern populations (The European R1b for most part was probably developed in Spain), I'm not too familiar with some of this stuff yet but check out post #51 in by Rochefaton in this thread for more detail.

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast