Mediterranid
    Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Jewish
    Confederate States of America Colombia Israel

Default A Jews view on the Khazar theory (Youtube Video)

I made this video on youtube in response to Eran Elhaik and some of the propaganda proclaiming Jews are the descendants of Khazars.

"My personal view on the Khazar theory is that we are in a dark age of perceptions and views towards science to appease to some popular majority "mob rule" which cares not about the truth, evidence and facts, but rather what appeals to them.

Several DNA studies have been done on Jews proving they are a mixture of descendants of Semitic peoples and Southern Europeans whom came from the Levant region of the Near East.

Unfortunately, despite evidence that proves Jewish origin, an attempt has been made to "disprove" the Jews origins that has no respect towards evidence that proves otherwise, and creates an illusion as if there is no counter argument disregarding legitimate evidence as a defense.

Multiple attempts have been made to try to prove the people who call themselves Jews today did not originate in the Middle East, or that the archaeology and history belongs to the Palestinian people.

I am not afraid of authors like Shlomo Sand or Arthur Koestler, I actually ENCOURAGE publications that are critical about our existence as a people BUT, with factual evidence! The issue is when such material is put at a higher level, and any material that somehow speaks in the Jews favor is suddenly "propaganda".

You cannot base history off of an opinion or a critic, what is needed is a combination of genetic research from various geneticists to prove consistent research, history from all aspects and angles for comparison, and archaeology that are put together as a puzzle to create a complete picture of truth."

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Myth For This Useful Post:

Celph Titled (2016-03-19), Longbowman (2016-03-20), Pioterus (2016-03-20)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    2018-12-04 @ 07:13
    R1b-SRY 2627 - A7080
    mtDNA
    H5a1f
    Phenotype
    Archaic Nomenclature
    Politics
    Not a Fan
    GEDmatch
    M202348
    United States Germany Poland Poland Volhynia Switzerland Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    Several DNA studies have been done on Jews proving they are a mixture of descendants of Semitic peoples and Southern Europeans whom came from the Levant region of the Near East.
    Yep case closed. Nothing else to discuss. Those who still hold on these beliefs are like the 6,000 year old earth believers, climate change disbelievers or flat earth believers.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thetick For This Useful Post:

Pioterus (2016-03-20), voyager (2016-03-19)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Sub-Saharan African
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Angola Mexico Angola Mexico Angola Mexico

The first time I had heard about that theory was on an Black Hebrew Israelites video which "tried" to expose the so called Jews. Just watch out for the Black Hebrew Israelites on YouTube haha, they will probably start popping up on your comment section trying to debunk your claims

Established Member
    Slayer of Bullshit
    Last Online
    @
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    European
    Phenotype
    UP/Atlanto-Med
    Religion
    All's fair in love&war

Ashkenazi Jews are genetically just like Sephardi Jews (no Khazars here!) plus a bit of central and eastern European.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to voyager For This Useful Post:

Pioterus (2016-03-20), thetick (2016-03-20)

Established Member
    Last Online
    2019-06-07 @ 18:30
    Y-DNA
    J1 - ZS227 + CMH 12
    mtDNA
    H1
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Jewish

Ironically, I posted this to Eran Elhaik on his confusion regarding Jews being related to Armenians via proxy, only one PCA graphs show me as clustering with Turks, but more so with Armenians, however, this PCA graph seems to indicate that Assyrians also seem to cluster with Armenians, I don't think Elhaik even considered this.

This was his latest paper which seems to be full of errors

http://gbe.oxfordjournals.org/conten....full.pdf+html

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9o...t0TDZtMXM/edit

Iraqi Jews don't seem to be too far away either from Armenians and Assyrians.

On the other hand, Ashkenazi Jews seem to be clustering with Southern Italians and showing Moroccan Jews close to their cluster. Sephardic Jews seem to also be within the cluster of Ashkenazi Jews as well. Elhaik claims that when he adds a super cluster of Iranians, Armenians and Turks (despite claiming to lack in Iranian samples), that very few Ashkenazi Jews are related to Greeks or Italians. Assyrias diaspora population seems to extend into borders of Iran, Turkey, etc. so I don't think this is really all that unusual if they share a core ancestor, also the fact that in Armenian studies that Armenians actually seem to share a neolithic component with Italians, French, and Spanish.

His history on Karaites and Cohen ancestry is also completely wrong. This is the post that I made.

" I found errors regarding your statement on Cohen ancestry particularly regarding Crimean Karaites.

You attempted to discredit Cohen ancestry by proclaiming a Belarusian Cohen is related to a Crimean Karaite Kohen with the last name Kagan assuming it to be of Turkic background, I've done quite a bit of research on Crimean Karaites, and while it is easy to assume that they "should" be Turkic and potentially Khazars, that is not exactly correct. Crimean Karaites despite speaking a Turkic language and perhaps some identifying as Khazar actually underwent a severe transition from early Karaite Judaism to Turkification; see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seraya_Shapshal

Further DNA studies show Crimean Karaites to actually be Middle Eastern rather than Turkic.

http://www.karam.org.tr/Makaleler/90...5-%20Brook.pdf

The Crimean Karaites
    "He made a number of reforms aimed at Karaims Turkification and destruction Karaite Jewish elements of culture and language.[6] He issued an order canceling the teaching of Hebrew in Karaite schools, replaced names of the Jewish holidays and the months by the Turkic ones, the position of "Hacham" renamed "Gahan" in consonance with the word "khan", invented in this special custom taking office, allegedly accepted the Khazars. According Shapshal, the doctrine of Anan ben David was close to early Christianity, and Karaites believed for centuries in Jesus and Mohammed as prophets. Crimean Karaites adopted the law of Moses, but continued to adhere to the ancient Turkic pagan beliefs."

Khazars did not follow Karaite Judaism which goes back to the 9th century in Iraq, rather, the Khazars would have followed Talmudic Rabbinical Judaism.

I have a book the Karaite community sent me called The Karaite Jews of Egypt From 1882-1986 by Mourad El-Kodsi which documents this quite well showing that there was interaction with the Egyptian Karaite community and the Crimean Karaite community in the early days, genetically the Crimean Karaites are clustering with Egyptian Karaites, and many of the Cohens of Crimean Karaites are related to Ashkenazi and Sephardic Cohens, not unusual considering they should all share a common ancestor and are in the J1 haplogroup.

Also, regarding your study of Jews clustering with Turks, Armenians and Iranians (despite you posting that you lack enough Iranian samples other than some sort of super cluster pulling Jews away from Greeks and Italians), you may want to test Assyrians who supposedly also cluster with Armenians and share a common Mesopotamian origin with Jews, you also may be interested in testing Christian and Muslim Lebanese as well as Christian and Muslim Palestinians or Samaritans to see what their genetic distance is from each other and to Jews."

I didn't feel it was worth creating an entire new video regarding this since it never really gets to the proper audience anyways, but rather to dismantle his paper section by section with the contradictions and inaccuracies.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Myth For This Useful Post:

voyager (2016-03-20)

Last Online
    2019-02-16 @ 10:58
    E-L117
    mtDNA
    H7j1
    Ethnicity
    mostly Ashkenazic
    GEDmatch
    T544042
    Israel Star of David Poland Ukraine Belarus Lithuania United States

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    Further DNA studies show Crimean Karaites to actually be Middle Eastern rather than Turkic.

http://www.karam.org.tr/Makaleler/90...5-%20Brook.pdf
    Myth, did you notice Elhaik's draft paper's bibliography does cite my article above, but failed to interpret my clearly worded statements correctly? I never said Ashkenazim got the surname Kagan from the Khazars, nor that Karaites have any connection to the Khazars at all. He promises he'll get it corrected before it reaches print.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kevinbrook For This Useful Post:

Myth (2016-03-20)

Established Member
    Last Online
    2019-06-07 @ 18:30
    Y-DNA
    J1 - ZS227 + CMH 12
    mtDNA
    H1
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Jewish

Hi
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbrook View Post
    Myth, did you notice Elhaik's draft paper's bibliography does cite my article above, but failed to interpret my clearly worded statements correctly? I never said Ashkenazim got the surname Kagan from the Khazars, nor that Karaites have any connection to the Khazars at all. He promises he'll get it corrected before it reaches print.
    Yes, I definitely noticed that and I am very much aware of your work and highly respect the work you have done. I actually just bought your book today to check eran elhaiks citations. He also misquoted Michael Hammers research as well.