H
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Politics
    Moderate.
    Italy Sicily-II Greece Portugal Israel Star of David Poland Cape Verde

Default Post your updated DNALand results!

Mine corresponds very well with my maternal and paternal. Ashkenazi/Levantine + South Europe is clearly my father (adds up to 50%) and then everything else is my mother, including "Ambiguous". Since my mother's results are below it is obvious which parts come from who.

Here is my mother's. The nearly half North Slavic corresponds with her being half Polish. She also scores some African. The fact it is listed as "Ambiguous" means that it must be difficult to distinguish whether it's West or Central African, or if there is Khoisan affinity (which comes up for us sometimes). Interesting nonetheless.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tauromenion For This Useful Post:

AhronGrenadier (2016-04-09), DragonRouge (2016-04-09), Hammer (2016-04-23), Litvin (2017-01-13), Shaquille (2016-06-30), Silesian (2016-04-09), SomaliSuldaan (2016-04-09), Sully (2016-04-09)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

QBS Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    V32 (East Cushite)
    mtDNA
    L0a1* (Nigga blood)
    Phenotype
    Aethiopid
    Metaethnos
    Cushite
    Ethnicity
    Somali
    Politics
    Anti-Bantu
    Religion
    Greater Somalia
    Somaliland Djibouti Canada Yemen Arab League

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SomaliSuldaan For This Useful Post:

AhronGrenadier (2016-04-09), DragonRouge (2016-04-09), Gooding (2016-05-06), Hammer (2016-04-23), Lol_Race (2016-04-09), Shaquille (2016-06-30), Silesian (2016-04-09), Sully (2016-04-09), tauromenion (2016-04-09), THELOVEBELOW (2016-04-10)

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Male relatives J1c3
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Metaethnos
    Métis-Souriquois
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Politics
    Shawinigan Handshake
    Religion
    Atheist
    Canada Canada Acadia Canada Quebec Basque Faroe Islands Viking

This is mine

Sorry for the sloppy screenshot with my phone.

I've been seeing Balkan and North Slavic come up in many of these tests (plus Balkan and Russian relatives on 23andme). This is ancestry I wasn't aware of.

The Sardinian is most likely from my Amerindian ancestry. Mi'kmaq shows up as Southern European of some kind on all these things, and often Sardinia or near there. Happens just with Mi'kmaq ancestry and it's a known issue with 23andme's chip.
    Last edited by DragonRouge; 2016-04-09 at 02:28.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue. - Acadian proverb

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DragonRouge For This Useful Post:

AhronGrenadier (2016-04-09), Gooding (2016-05-06), pgbk87 (2016-04-10), Silesian (2016-04-09), SomaliSuldaan (2016-04-09)

Established Member
    Biological Anthropologist
    Last Online
    @
    E-M4254, Q-M3, R-L2
    mtDNA
    L2b2, L3e2b
    Race
    Triracial
    Metaethnos
    Afro-Descendant
    Phenotype
    Chulo Man
    Politics
    Legalize It
    Religion
    Believe What You Want
    Belize CARICOM United States Federal Republic of Central America Jamaica Belize

The results seem in line with what I usually get except the African is a little higher and the native is a little lower than most calculators, only by like 1-2%. I'm guessing they don't have a large number of native samples, since they don't break it down.
    Last edited by pgbk87; 2016-04-09 at 02:55.
    K=47 Results
    78.92% African
    • 59.05% West-African
    • 8.36% Central-African_HG
    • 3.32% East-African_HG
    • 2.22% Nilotic
    • 2.11% Omotic(?)
    • 1.78% Sahelian
    • 1.05% South-African_HG
    • 1.03% Kushitic(?)

11.84% West Eurasian
    • 3.79% North-Sea_Germanic
    • 2.15% East-Euro
    • 1.39% Scando-Germanic
    • 1.26% Paleo-Balkan
    • 0.88% Central-Med
    • 0.54% NW-Indian(?)
    • 0.42% East-Iberian
    • 0.39% Baltic
    • 0.14% West-Med
    • 0.17% North-Iberian
    • 0.02% East-Med

9.92% Native/Indigenous to Americas
    • 4.59% Meso-Amerind
    • 2.14% Amazonian
    • 2.01% Andean
    • 1.15% North-Amerind
    • 0.02% South-Indian(?)
    • 0.01% Tibetan(?)

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pgbk87 For This Useful Post:

AhronGrenadier (2016-04-09), DragonRouge (2016-04-09), Gooding (2016-05-06), Hammer (2016-04-23), Lol_Race (2016-04-09), Silesian (2016-04-09), Sully (2016-04-09), tauromenion (2016-04-09), THELOVEBELOW (2016-04-10)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist tauromenion's Avatar
    Last Online
    2019-09-15 @ 15:25
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    H
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Politics
    Moderate.
    Italy Sicily-II Greece Portugal Israel Star of David Poland Cape Verde

I notice components in small percentages seem to come up "Ambiguous". I would have liked to know where in Africa it would place that small percentage for us. Probably couldn't tell if it was West African or something Pygmy/Khoisan-like.

Another interesting thing I am noticing is that no matter if someone scores Ashkenazi or Mediterranean islander, they often score the other in small percentages. This is due to the overlap between Sicilians/Cypriots and Jews.

Established Member
    Last Online
    2018-01-22 @ 02:28
    H1a3
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    Latina
    Ethnicity
    American
    Politics
    Not Leftist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    United States United Kingdom Mexico Spain Germany Bavaria Netherlands

Here are my results. I keep getting different results with my tests, leaving with with a bit of confusion and surprises. I will get into that in a minute.

Here is the basic info that it said-
    North/central European

Includes: Scottish Argyll_Bute_GBR and British in England; Icelandic in Iceland; Norwegian in Norway and Orcadian in Orkney Islands
    Does not include: Saharawi in (Morocco) Western Sahara; Piapoco in Colombia; Estonian in Estonia; Basque/French and French in (South and 1 other site) France; Basque/Spanish and Iberian Population in Spain; Finnish in Finland and Gambian in Western Gambia
    Sardinian

Includes: Sardinian in (Sardinia) Italy
    Does not include: Algerian in Algeria; Tunisian in Tunisia; Basque/French in France and Italian/WestSicilian, Italian/Bergamo, Italian/Tuscan and Toscani in (Bergamo, Tuscany and 2 other sites) Italy
    Southwestern European

Includes: Basque/French and French in (South and 1 other site) France and Basque/Spanish and Iberian Population in Spain
    Does not include: Algerian and Mozabite in Algeria; Saharawi in (Morocco) Western Sahara; Scottish Argyll_Bute_GBR and British in England; Icelandic in Iceland and Italian/Bergamo and Sardinian in (Bergamo and Sardinia) Italy
    North Slavic

Includes: Belarusian in Belarus; Estonian in Estonia; Lithuanian in Lithuania; Mordovian and Russian in Russia and Ukrainian in (East) Ukraine
    Does not include: Altaian, Kalmyk, Nganasan and Adygei in (Caucasus and 3 other sites) Russia; Turkmen in Uzbekistan; Albanian in Albania; Bulgarian in Bulgaria; Italian/Bergamo in (Bergamo) Italy; Norwegian in Norway; Ashkenazi Jew in Poland; Turkish in (Istanbul) Turkey; Finnish in Finland and Ashkenazi Jew from East Europe especially Lithuania (expat in Baltimore MD)
    Native American

Includes: Bolivian in (Cochabamba, LaPaz and Pando) Bolivia; Piapoco in Colombia and Mayan, Mixe, Mixtec, Pima and Zapotec in Mexico
    Does not include: Ju hoan_North in Namibia; Karitiana and Surui in Brazil; Icelandic in Iceland and Gambian in Western Gambia
    Taiwanese

Includes: Ami and Atayal in Taiwan
    Does not include: She and Southern Han in China; Korean in Korea and Japanese in (Japan) Tokyo
    Ambiguous Northeast European

Northeast European is a general category containing Finnish and North Slavic

Ambiguous West Eurasian

West Eurasian is a very general category containing Arab/Egyptian, Ashkenazi/Levantine, Central Asian, Northeast European, South Asian, South European, North/central European, Southwestern European and Central Indoeuropean

Ambiguous African

African is a very general category containing East African, West African, Pygmy, North African and Southern African

O.k. so I am not surprised about being 80% European or 16% Native American. That is the one thing all of the tests seem to generally agree on for sure. My dad's family is mainly Mexican American and my mom's is European. I am not surprised about having a high amount of Northern and Central European. Matches the records (Orkney Islands, England, Ireland and going back to Norway, etc...).

What I am surprised about was the Taiwanese. I traced some Chinese ancestors going way way back that married into one of the Spanish family though. I am also surprised about having that much Sardinian. A lot of other DNA may either be too small or too similar so they are probably not sure. I am guessing some of it is the Finnish and a bit other DNA.

I mean I guess this could be mostly accurate, just not 100% but I knew that when I first gotten my DNA as they constantly adding new samples and learning things about DNA and even ancestry said trace regions may not always be accurate (which is why I think claiming low DNA as bogus as without records or matches, it might not mean what you think and could change when results are updated.).
    Last edited by Eralia; 2016-04-09 at 04:37.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eralia For This Useful Post:

AhronGrenadier (2016-04-09), DragonRouge (2016-04-09), Hammer (2016-04-23), Shaquille (2016-06-30), Silesian (2016-04-09)

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Male relatives J1c3
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Metaethnos
    Métis-Souriquois
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Politics
    Shawinigan Handshake
    Religion
    Atheist

How do you get that list of populations?
    The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue. - Acadian proverb

Established Member
    Last Online
    2018-01-22 @ 02:28
    H1a3
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    Latina
    Ethnicity
    American
    Politics
    Not Leftist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    United States United Kingdom Mexico Spain Germany Bavaria Netherlands

I found it underneath the map that said details. Just scroll down and it should be there.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Eralia For This Useful Post:

DragonRouge (2016-04-09)

Established Member
    Last Online
    2018-12-04 @ 07:13
    R1b-SRY 2627 - A7080
    mtDNA
    H5a1f
    Phenotype
    Archaic Nomenclature
    Politics
    Not a Fan
    GEDmatch
    M202348
    United States Germany Poland Poland Volhynia Switzerland Scotland

Seem pretty accurate for me. Seems like my Jewish matches are some of the 4.4% Italian and 1.8% Ambiguous Western Eurasian.

North/central European

Includes: Scottish Argyll_Bute_GBR and British in England; Icelandic in Iceland; Norwegian in Norway and Orcadian in Orkney Islands
    Does not include: Saharawi in (Morocco) Western Sahara; Piapoco in Colombia; Estonian in Estonia; Basque/French and French in (South and 1 other site) France; Basque/Spanish and Iberian Population in Spain; Finnish in Finland and Gambian in Western Gambia
    North Slavic

Includes: Belarusian in Belarus; Estonian in Estonia; Lithuanian in Lithuania; Mordovian and Russian in Russia and Ukrainian in (East) Ukraine
    Does not include: Altaian, Kalmyk, Nganasan and Adygei in (Caucasus and 3 other sites) Russia; Turkmen in Uzbekistan; Albanian in Albania; Bulgarian in Bulgaria; Italian/Bergamo in (Bergamo) Italy; Norwegian in Norway; Ashkenazi Jew in Poland; Turkish in (Istanbul) Turkey; Finnish in Finland and Ashkenazi Jew from East Europe especially Lithuania (expat in Baltimore MD)
    Italian

Includes: Italian/Bergamo, Italian/Tuscan and Toscani in (Bergamo, Tuscany and 1 other site) Italy
    Does not include: Albanian in Albania; Basque/French in France; Italian/EastSicilian, Italian/WestSicilian and Sardinian in (Sardinia and 2 other sites) Italy and Lithuanian in Lithuania
    Southwestern European

Includes: Basque/French and French in (South and 1 other site) France and Basque/Spanish and Iberian Population in Spain
    Does not include: Algerian and Mozabite in Algeria; Saharawi in (Morocco) Western Sahara; Scottish Argyll_Bute_GBR and British in England; Icelandic in Iceland and Italian/Bergamo and Sardinian in (Bergamo and Sardinia) Italy
    Ambiguous West Eurasian

West Eurasian is a very general category containing Arab/Egyptian, Ashkenazi/Levantine, Central Asian, Northeast European, South Asian, South European, North/central European, Southwestern European and Central Indoeuropean

17. The Following User Says Thank You to thetick For This Useful Post:

AhronGrenadier (2016-04-09)

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Male relatives J1c3
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Metaethnos
    Métis-Souriquois
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Politics
    Shawinigan Handshake
    Religion
    Atheist

Quote Originally Posted by Eralia View Post
    I found it underneath the map that said details. Just scroll down and it should be there.
    Ah yeah I saw it on my laptop. Couldn't see it on mobile.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast