User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: How did the Ancient North Eurasians look like?174 days old

  1. #1
    Established Member
    LEGEND Alexander's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 22:14
    Join Date
    2016-09-17
    Posts
    241
    Gender
    Metaethnos
    Xiongnu Elite Cemetery
    Phenotype
    East Nordid
    Suebi Kingdom

    Default How did the Ancient North Eurasians look like?

    Is the Kostenki man considered to be an accurate representation of the typical Ancient North Eurasian?



    Somehow, I have my doubts, especially considering how old the reconstruction is.

    According to Eurogenes, the Kets are considered to have anywhere between 27 to 62% ANE admixture, which should make them look quite similar to them, even if it so happens that the remainder of their admixture is some radically different looking population.



    Personally, I have almost 20% ANE admixture, as do many Europeans, and I don't look mongoloid in the least, so it certainly piques my curiosity. Somewhere along the line, the Yamnaya, of whom the ANE is a sizeable component, also acquired great genetic height. Was it the EHG or the CHG? Or was it some sort of discriminatory selection at work, like how the IE depigmented Europe through selective migration?
    “At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilised races of man will almost certainly exterminate and replace throughout the world the savage races."

    - Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man

    https://youtu.be/BBz_z-hZk80?t=2m7s

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexander For This Useful Post:

    IstenmeyenTuy (2017-01-08), Silesian (2016-10-02)

  3. #2
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist redifflal's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:43
    Join Date
    2014-03-17
    Posts
    659
    Location
    DC
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    R2A3/R-F813
    mtDNA
    M52A1
    Metaethnos
    India
    Ethnicity
    Bengali
    Religion
    Shakta
    United States India Pakistan Bangladesh Sri Lanka Nepal

    Default

    The latter...these ancestral components are not differentiated in their phenotypes at the outset (or perhaps demonstrating same ranges of phenos). Different selective breeding criteria in different places basically leads to our modern faces and physiques. The idea of differentiated racial groups conglomerating into an averaging feature is something that the New World experience/dominance-in-media has impressed upon us, but if you are going far back in time, it is selective breeding from a group/s already containing the universal set.
    R2A3-M52'58
    55% SW Asian
    25% SE Asian
    11% Mediterranean
    6% Northern European
    2% Northeast Asian

  4. #3
    Funding Member
    Established Member
    Viceroyalty of New Spain Celph Titled's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2013-12-07
    Posts
    5,869
    Gender
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Phenotype
    Atlanto-Med + CM
    United States Mexico Guam Philippines Palau

    Default

    They looked like Native Americans

    "Lazaridis et al. and Raghavan et al. estimate the Karitiana Indians at just over 41% ANE"

  5. #4
    Established Member
    LEGEND Alexander's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 22:14
    Join Date
    2016-09-17
    Posts
    241
    Gender
    Metaethnos
    Xiongnu Elite Cemetery
    Phenotype
    East Nordid
    Suebi Kingdom

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celph Titled View Post
    They looked like Native Americans

    "Lazaridis et al. and Raghavan et al. estimate the Karitiana Indians at just over 41% ANE"
    But that's less than the Kets of which I speak in the OP
    “At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilised races of man will almost certainly exterminate and replace throughout the world the savage races."

    - Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man

    https://youtu.be/BBz_z-hZk80?t=2m7s

  6. #5
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist Silesian's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2011-04-17
    Posts
    986
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    R1b-BY593
    mtDNA
    U5b2
    Metaethnos
    European-Yamnaya
    Ethnicity
    Eastern Europe
    Canada Poland Germany Switzerland Italy Russia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Is the Kostenki man considered to be an accurate representation of the typical Ancient North Eurasian?

    Somehow, I have my doubts, especially considering how old the reconstruction is.

    According to Eurogenes, the Kets are considered to have anywhere between 27 to 62% ANE admixture, which should make them look quite similar to them, even if it so happens that the remainder of their admixture is some radically different looking population.


    Personally, I have almost 20% ANE admixture, as do many Europeans, and I don't look mongoloid in the least, so it certainly piques my curiosity. Somewhere along the line, the Yamnaya, of whom the ANE is a sizeable component, also acquired great genetic height. Was it the EHG or the CHG? Or was it some sort of discriminatory selection at work, like how the IE depigmented Europe through selective migration?
    Here is a sample video of Tuvan-Swedish small upturned nose type.



    Here is a Yamnaya type of nose

  7. #6
    Established Member
    LEGEND Alexander's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 22:14
    Join Date
    2016-09-17
    Posts
    241
    Gender
    Metaethnos
    Xiongnu Elite Cemetery
    Phenotype
    East Nordid
    Suebi Kingdom

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silesian View Post
    Here is a sample video of Tuvan-Swedish small upturned nose type.



    Here is a Yamnaya type of nose
    The Tuvans are mostly East Asian. Believe it or not, ANE had nothing to do with them.

    As for your picture of a Yamnaya reconstruction; this once again begs the question of how the Yamnaya could possibly have looked so Europid given their high ANE admix, which makes me doubt the common view of ANE as some sort of Amerindians (they weren't, obviously, Amerindians are ANE/East Asian).
    “At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilised races of man will almost certainly exterminate and replace throughout the world the savage races."

    - Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man

    https://youtu.be/BBz_z-hZk80?t=2m7s

  8. #7
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist Silesian's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2011-04-17
    Posts
    986
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    R1b-BY593
    mtDNA
    U5b2
    Metaethnos
    European-Yamnaya
    Ethnicity
    Eastern Europe
    Canada Poland Germany Switzerland Italy Russia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    The Tuvans are mostly East Asian. Believe it or not, ANE had nothing to do with them.

    As for your picture of a Yamnaya reconstruction; this once again begs the question of how the Yamnaya could possibly have looked so Europid given their high ANE admix, which makes me doubt the common view of ANE as some sort of Amerindians (they weren't, obviously, Amerindians are ANE/East Asian).
    i would actually like to see Tuvan ANE admix.

  9. #8
    Established Member
    Forest skier Evi's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:30
    Join Date
    2009-10-26
    Posts
    2,745
    Gender
    Age
    34
    mtDNA
    T2d
    Phenotype
    Uralid-mixed

    Default

    The Kets, who have loads of ANE:




    Nganasans (who have little ANE):




    And now Tuvans:




    I think that Kets are definitely different looking. There is actually no reason to say that Kets are the same as Tuvans or Nganasans.
    Last edited by Evi; 2016-10-02 at 23:36.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evi For This Useful Post:

    Cromagnorse (2016-10-03), IstenmeyenTuy (2017-01-08)

  11. #9
    Established Member
    LEGEND Alexander's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 22:14
    Join Date
    2016-09-17
    Posts
    241
    Gender
    Metaethnos
    Xiongnu Elite Cemetery
    Phenotype
    East Nordid
    Suebi Kingdom

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evi View Post
    The Kets, who have loads of ANE:




    Nganasans (who have little ANE):




    And now Tuvans:




    I think that Kets are definitely different looking. There is actually no reason to say that Kets are the same as Tuvans or Nganasans.
    The Kets do look quite Europid, on second thought.
    “At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilised races of man will almost certainly exterminate and replace throughout the world the savage races."

    - Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man

    https://youtu.be/BBz_z-hZk80?t=2m7s

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexander For This Useful Post:

    Cromagnorse (2016-10-03), Evi (2016-10-03)

  13. #10
    Established Member
    LEGEND Alexander's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 22:14
    Join Date
    2016-09-17
    Posts
    241
    Gender
    Metaethnos
    Xiongnu Elite Cemetery
    Phenotype
    East Nordid
    Suebi Kingdom

    Default

    Hey folks, remember Kostenki Man?



    Ever wondered why he looks so weird? Well, probably because this isn't how he actually looked. The sculptor, Gerasimov, apparently made the bust with African features in mind because he was under the impression that this is how people still looked back then. Luckily for us, Gerasimov came to his senses and produced a second one, which almost nobody knows about:



    “At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilised races of man will almost certainly exterminate and replace throughout the world the savage races."

    - Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man

    https://youtu.be/BBz_z-hZk80?t=2m7s

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexander For This Useful Post:

    Pioterus (2016-11-25), Simi (2016-11-25)

Similar Threads

  1. The Ancient Monuments of Roman North Africa
    By Mister G in forum Hellenology & Romanology
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 2016-04-28, 05:08
  2. 230 Ancient Eurasians
    By staś in forum Europe
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2015-12-01, 01:17
  3. Proto Indo Europeans related to Ancient North Eurasians?
    By aregint in forum Urheimat Theories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2014-04-27, 04:00
  4. X2 = Northwest Eurasians, X1 = Southwest Eurasians?
    By Polako in forum mtDNA Haplogroups
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 2012-10-17, 13:36
  5. Ancient MTDNA of North Africa
    By BerberWarrior in forum Africa
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2012-10-03, 17:33

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
<