User Tag List

Thread: Why doesn't the UK have more blonds and blue eyes?63 days old

Last Online
    2016-12-24 @ 00:40

Default Why doesn't the UK have more blonds and blue eyes?

This is something I've always wondered. The indigenous people of the UK island are the palest of skin in Europe. I think to some extent skin pigmentation is related to hair and eye color. Yet compared to the darker skinned (relatively speaking) Scandinavians and Baltics they have darker eyes and hair. I noticed that in the UK it seems like the most common hair color is mousy brown. With a fair bit of redheads, dark browns and blacks and blondes, but not an enormous amount of them. Go to Scandinavia or the Baltic region and everybody it seems is blue eyes blonde hair, despite having darker skin than the UK people.

The reason why the UK has the most redheads is because of the lack of sun exposure they get on the island. So why didn't more people develop red hair? Why didn't more develop blonde hair? And light eyes as well?

Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    J1a2b2-L147+ CMH-6
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Ecofascism, Radicalism
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    This is something I've always wondered. The indigenous people of the UK island are the palest of skin in Europe. I think to some extent skin pigmentation is related to hair and eye color. Yet compared to the darker skinned (relatively speaking) Scandinavians and Baltics they have darker eyes and hair. I noticed that in the UK it seems like the most common hair color is mousy brown. With a fair bit of redheads, dark browns and blacks and blondes, but not an enormous amount of them. Go to Scandinavia or the Baltic region and everybody it seems is blue eyes blonde hair, despite having darker skin than the UK people.

The reason why the UK has the most redheads is because of the lack of sun exposure they get on the island. So why didn't more people develop red hair? Why didn't more develop blonde hair? And light eyes as well?
    It doesn't work like that. It's not like the British isles have this magical effect that any random racial group that inhabits it, after a while will develop red hair and lighter skin. If you mutate the required mutations for red hair and similar traits, you will have offspring with red hair. And that's regardless of where it happens on the planet. For some reason redheads became concentrated in the UK (the red hair mutation didn't occur there), more so than other parts of Europe, and that's probably because it's an island basically, it had this concentration effect on red haired individuals. Red hair has been around for many thousands of years, and the Tocharians for example, had red hair probably even before redheads inhabited the British isles.

As for Scandinavians and Baltics being of darker skin than the British, I don't think that's the case at all. It's true that the British have some very extremely pale individuals, but that's also the case here in Sweden (occasionally you bump into Swedes who are like, vampire white), and which group has more of such extremely pale individuals (statistically speaking I mean), that's up for debate (such pale skin isn't the norm anyhow), but on average in my experience, I'd say Swedes are paler/whiter than Britons. This is not only true for eye and hair color, but also skin color.

And the majority of Scandinavians aren't blondes btw, it's just more common with blond hair in the Nordic/Baltic countries than elsewhere in Europe, but the most common hair color is something like cendré, which I guess is blond technically, but it's a darker variety than the platinum blonde stereotype. This is what the cendré hair color looks like:

Brown hair is also fairly common among Swedes. Anyway, when I think of swarthy British phenotypes, someone like Jared Taylor pops up in my head:

^^ Swedes who look like him do exist, but his phenotype isn't as common in the Nordic countries as it is in the British isles.
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

“A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

“The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

“Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EliasAlucard For This Useful Post:

Janos (2016-12-24)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Caucasoid

Good post, Elias. Also, I have noticed when in Britain that young women often are bleech blonde and fake tanned (google Essex girls), while it's true that men and older people are somewhat darker in hair and lighter in skin than in the Nordic/Baltic region. Women manipulate their look so much.

Edit: cendre is blonde. Think of Clint Eastwood who are called Blondie in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Janos For This Useful Post:

EliasAlucard (2016-12-25)

Last Online
    2017-01-24 @ 16:09

There are more Atlantids on the British Isles. Atlantids are technically de-pigmentated Mediterranids. However, in case of the British, there was enough time to de-pigment the skin perhaps, but not enough time to de-pigment hair and eyes. Hence the relative abundance of contrast dark hair / eyes - pale skin people on the Isles. Scandinavia, on the other hand, is mostly inhabited by Nordids and Baltids, who are predominantly blonde to begin with. This doesn't mean, however, that all swedes are blonde or all English are pale etc.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    I1-L258
    mtDNA
    H39
    Phenotype
    Appalachid
    Metaethnos
    Finnic-Baltic-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Politics
    Vandalism in Rome
    Finland

Brits are racially mixed, some of migrants were pale, some were darker, some had blue eyes, some brown eyes, some had dark hair, some not. It is a bit lottery which genotypes survive, are forvarded and become even dominant and there is no genetic law keeping original traits as pairs. So the answer is, they are mixed Europeans, including a lot of different Celts, Germans, Scandinavians, Latin speakers ...
    Blog: http://terheninenmaa.blogspot.fi/, with essence "Believe me, or I'll nuke you".

H39 - Thracia 1650 BC, Hungary 5000 BC
    I1 - Transdanubia 5000 BC

Established Member
    Slayer of Bullshit
    Last Online
    @
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    European
    Phenotype
    UP/Atlanto-Med
    Religion
    All's fair in love&war

The Irish are the palest-skinned Europeans, paler than Brits or Swedes.
    A total of 75.6pc of the Irish have categories 1 and 2 on the Fitzpatrick Scale against 54.6pc of Britons and just 28.6pc of Swedes.
    TO LEARN WHO RULES YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICISE.

(VOLTAIRE)

Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 15:28
    aR1bI1an
    Race
    Europoid
    Phenotype
    Nordid
    Phenotype
    fair
    Politics
    Classical Conservatism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    England

Blonde hair is Baltic or north German in origin. As far as I know it arrived with the Germanic people at least that's how the story goes. You are right though that people in the UK including Ireland are the palest in Europe. This is because many of the population are carriers of MC1R mutations which are related to red hair (more than anywhere in the world), and this relates to lightening of the skin as well. Even those who don't show red hair, are still carriers of the mutation but will likely show very pale skin nonetheless.

Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    J1a2b2-L147+ CMH-6
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Ecofascism, Radicalism
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Woden View Post
    Blonde hair is Baltic or north German in origin.
    It's not. High frequency of a trait isn't the same as origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Woden View Post
    As far as I know it arrived with the Germanic people at least that's how the story goes.
    Blond hair existed even before proto-Germanic was spoken. The same is also true of red hair (it's older than proto-Celtic).

Now, what's true is that Germanic and Celtic speakers did increase blond and red hair respectively throughout Europe, but these traits didn't originate with said speakers.
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

“A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

“The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

“Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

11. The Following User Says Thank You to EliasAlucard For This Useful Post:

Janos (2016-12-25)

Amnesty Member
    Molecular Biologist ThePendragon's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:01
    R1b-L430 (R1b-PF825)
    mtDNA
    H
    Phenotype
    Atlantid
    Metaethnos
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    58% Cornish/42% Scots
    Phenotype
    Atlantid w/ dinarid
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Deist
    United States Ireland England Scotland United Kingdom Scotland Royal Standard

First of all : Britain is an island and the UK is Britain+ Northern Ireland.

Second of all : Britain is more West than Scandinavia and to use seemingly archaic nomenclature Britain has less blondes because of two different types of Mediterranean strains and Germany is less blonde thanks to the presence of Alpinids. Also, its easier to superficially nordisize Alpinids but it terms of metric measurements Atlantids are more nordic than German sub-nordics.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

"Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind.” --Winston Churchill(England)

"We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.” --Voltaire(France)