@
    Mediterranid
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Phenotype
    Atlanto-Med + CM
    United States Mexico Guam Philippines Palau

Quote Originally Posted by cmv88 View Post
    Buenos Aires City is full of Bolivians which would make us diverse (Bolivian is 100% amerindian) but blacks (Senegalese or Dominicans) are an extreme minority. He may be "shocked" because in the past it was impossible to see blacks here in Buenos Aires or Argentina but they are not many at all.

In the 2010 census there were like 1.000 Africans in a country of 41.000.000 LOL
    Yes, Benzgolv was trying to make Buenos Aires seem like another mini Brazil with his black population talk I would watch over and over videos of people from Buenos Aires and the majority looked very white to me, with of course a sizeable mestizo population, but I hardly saw blacks walking around and stuff

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    R1b CTS11567
    mtDNA
    J1c
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    European Brazilian
    Ethnicity
    German/Italian/Polish
    Germany imperial flag Italy Italy Venice Poland Brazil

I have been to Buenos Aires a couple of times.

I didn't see any Black people there, at least that I remember.

I would say the population of the city is mostly divided between people who could pass as (Southern) Europeans and people of predominant European ancestry but with visible Amerindian influence.

Many Bolivians as well, and they are easy to spot, since they are purely Amerindian, and tend to be short and stocky.

In 1996, during a diplomatic trip to the United States, when asked about the Black population of Argentina, President Carlos Menem remarked:

“Black people do not exist in Argentina, Brazil has that problem.”
    "A nation that separates from its history, and keeps a burning shame on the forehead, is erased by God from the board." - Otto von Bismarck

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BoldBedBug For This Useful Post:

Montanini (2017-01-09)

Established Member
    Race Scientist
    Last Online
    2017-02-19 @ 16:23

Quote Originally Posted by Celph Titled View Post
    Yes, Benzgolv was trying to make Buenos Aires seem like another mini Brazil with his black population talk I would watch over and over videos of people from Buenos Aires and the majority looked very white to me, with of course a sizeable mestizo population, but I hardly saw blacks walking around and stuff
    In the past there were 0 blacks in buenos aires and nowadays you see 2 or 3 selling things in the parks thats why he thinks we are "invaded by africans" but honestly the last census had 1.000 or 2.000 or something around that in a counry of 40.000.000. Also they are only present in downtown. If you distance yourself from down town they are inexistent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BoldBedBug View Post
    I have been to Buenos Aires a couple of times.

I didn't see any Black people there, at least that I remember.

I would say the population of the city is mostly divided between people who could pass as (Southern) Europeans and people of predominant European ancestry but with visible Amerindian influence.

Many Bolivians as well, and they are easy to spot, since they are purely Amerindian, and tend to be short and stocky.

In 1996, during a diplomatic trip to the United States, when asked about the Black population of Argentina, President Carlos Menem remarked:

“Black people do not exist in Argentina, Brazil has that problem.”
    Buenos Aires City is full of Bolivians, plus the buenos aires city population is flying to buenos aires province so it doesent help. Still buenos aires city is 75-85% euro in any genetic study.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmv88 For This Useful Post:

BoldBedBug (2017-01-10), Celph Titled (2017-01-10)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2017-03-08 @ 17:06
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    German and Italian
    Ethnicity
    Southern Brazilian
    Phenotype
    Alpine - Nordid / CM
    Italy Venice Brazil Germany imperial flag

I thought that number of Africans was bigger because Argentina still has a higher standard of living than Brazil, if the number of Africans is only 1k in Argentina, there must be a lot more Afro-Brazilians out there.

Anyway by comparison, only in my state should there be some 15,000 Haitians, plus a considerable number of Senegalese. In the last year the first birth in my city was son of Haitians.

Also, I think the problem with illegals like Bolivians and others must have increased significantly with the policy of "Pátria Grande", I heard that they nationalized many unproductive immigrants at this moment.

Established Member
    Race Scientist
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Montanini View Post
    I thought that number of Africans was bigger because Argentina still has a higher standard of living than Brazil, if the number of Africans is only 1k in Argentina, there must be a lot more Afro-Brazilians out there.

Anyway by comparison, only in my state should there be some 15,000 Haitians, plus a considerable number of Senegalese. In the last year the first birth in my city was son of Haitians.

Also, I think the problem with illegals like Bolivians and others must have increased significantly with the policy of "Pátria Grande", I heard that they nationalized many unproductive immigrants at this moment.

Exactly, we dont have that many africans but we do have A LOT OF Bolivians, Paraguayans and Peruvians

According to last 2010 census

550K Paraguayans
    350K Bolivians
    160K Peruvians

Probably today around

800K Paraguayans
    500K Bolivians
    250K Peruvians

A lot Mostly in Bs As City and Conurbano Bonaerense. Still, Buenos Aires (Province+City) probably has around 20MM people today
    Last edited by cmv88; 2017-01-09 at 22:38.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cmv88 For This Useful Post:

Montanini (2017-01-10)

Last Online
    2017-03-20 @ 23:16
    Europid
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Ethnicity
    Mainly N. Italian
    Argentina Italy Switzerland Russia Spain Denmark

I know we don't have as many Africans as other countries in Latin America, but going from 0 to 10000 Africans in a short timelapse was very shocking. Plus, they're concentrated in downtown, so it gives the impression of a larger population.

Established Member
    Race Scientist
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Benzgolv View Post
    I know we don't have as many Africans as other countries in Latin America, but going from 0 to 10000 Africans in a short timelapse was very shocking. Plus, they're concentrated in downtown, so it gives the impression of a larger population.
    yeah but you get that impression because they are all concentrated in the most important areas of downtown (9 de julio, Plaza Miserere). In the rest of the city and in the conurbano they are very rare.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cmv88 For This Useful Post:

Celph Titled (2017-01-10)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2017-03-08 @ 17:06
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    German and Italian
    Ethnicity
    Southern Brazilian
    Phenotype
    Alpine - Nordid / CM
    Italy Venice Brazil Germany imperial flag

[Off-Topic]

Some questions:

Spoiler: 

1- In Argentina exist a leftist propaganda pro-miscegenation as exist in Brazil*? Other words, an propaganda where the couple is one mestizo with a white woman, would be possible to see it on the national television or just no?

(0:06)

2- Exist one movement of the Mestizos against the Whites where they always want advantages like quotas in Public Universities, quotas in Public Services, quotas in Jobs, Cash Benefits etc?

3- Is there a crime for racism or racial insult in Argentina? Or exist freedom of expression like in the US?

4- Is there anything good in the Northwest Argentina?
    Last edited by Montanini; 2017-01-10 at 09:23.

Established Member
    Race Scientist
    Last Online

[QUOTE=Montanini;1278071][Off-Topic]

Some questions:

1- In Argentina exist a leftist propaganda pro-miscegenation as exist in Brazil*? Other words, an propaganda where the couple is one mestizo with a white woman, would be possible to see it on the national television or just no?

The kirchnerist movement talked a lot about Patria Grande and how the Amerindians are the owners of the country. So something like that. Very anti middle class

2- Exist one movement of the Mestizos against the Whites where they always want advantages like quotas in Public Universities, quotas in Public Services, quotas in Jobs, Cash Benefits etc?

Not quotas but kirchnerist movement was very pro low class and low class is mostly mestizo

3- Is there a crime for racism or racial insult in Argentina? Or exist freedom of expression like in the US?

mmm i dont know

They say that the landscapes of NOA are very beautiful. I have never been there.

Mestizo provinces like Catamarca or San Juan have very low crime rates and are very quiet.

Last Online
    2017-03-20 @ 23:16
    Europid
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Ethnicity
    Mainly N. Italian
    Argentina Italy Switzerland Russia Spain Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by Montanini View Post
    [Off-Topic]

Some questions:

Spoiler: 

1) I didn't see any. But maybe there is, though uncommon. We don't have a significant African population to be represented on TV.

2) First, public universities have no quotas, so everyone is able to get in, that's why universities are overpopulated. Secondly, there are no allusions to race in Argentina, no one talks about race, it's a nonexistent word. There are no questions about race in the census. It doesn't mean there is no racism, but we are more like France, very hipocrital.

3) Yes, but only misdimeanors for racism and discrimination against disabled people and others. INADI is the institution in charge of sanctioning people/companies who discriminate against others. They are not subject to a prision penalty.

4) In the Northwest there are beautiful landscapes, I agree with cmv88. There are also "ponchos" and other clothes that local people make. Incredible high quality and very recommended. Gastronomy is incredibly good as well. They have "empanadas salteñas" that are the best in the country, IMO.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast