Phenotype
    Iranid
    Ethnicity
    Persian
    Religion
    Chán
    United States Islamic Republic of Iran

Quote Originally Posted by aeon View Post
    I would appreciate you quoting some Catholic or Potestant authority to the effect that God is the source of evil.
    Isaiah 45:7 comes to mind, where God explicitly says he is the source of both good and evil: "I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things."

And Proverbs 16:4 where it is said God creates evil people: "The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    - snip -
    Philosophy and theology are not your forte, and you misinterpreted practically everything in the OP and what is currently being discussed.
    Last edited by An Shigao; 2017-03-15 at 21:45.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to An Shigao For This Useful Post:

Targum (2017-03-15)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Your favourite (((Skype))) Semitic Duwa's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    J1-Z18271 (YSC234+)
    mtDNA
    J1c5
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Metaethnos
    (((Skype))) + British
    Ethnicity
    (((Shasu of Yhw)))
    Politics
    Pump & Trump
    Religion
    Jehovah's Fitness
    Israel Israel Star of David Israel Israel

There is no common "Abrahamic" view of the problem of evil. What you are describing more or less fits the Judeo-Islamic view. To Judeo-Moslems, God is non-moral power (incidentally, the Hebrew words 'el, 'eloah, 'elohim, etc., and related Semitic words come from a root meaning "strong"), responsible for both good and bad. While to Christians, God is solely good, all things bad coming from outside God. In this respect Christians are heirs to both Greek philosophy and Zoroastrianism.
    Nonsense.
    لأَنَّ فِي كَثْـــرَةِ الْحِكْمَةِ كَثْـــرَةُ الْغَمِّ
    وَالَّذِي يَزِيـــدُ عِلْماً يَزِيـــدُ حُزْناً

Last Online
    @
    I2a
    mtDNA
    H3z1
    Race
    Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Ambidextrous
    Phenotype
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Perennialism
    Finland Russia Greece Crete Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by An Shigao View Post
    Philosophy and theology are not your forte, and you misinterpreted practically everything in the OP and what is currently being discussed.
    My apologies. I didn’t read properly and proceeded anyway. I will have to reassess that.
    The United States symbolises the worst ideologies in the world: growth and freedom ― Pentti Linkola

The ability to observe without evaluating is the highest form of intelligence ― J. Krishnamurti

Excessive thinking creates gaps in reality ― Alan Watts

Established Member
    Last Online
    2017-04-26 @ 09:48
    R1a1
    mtDNA
    H
    Russia

Quote Originally Posted by An Shigao View Post
    Isaiah 45:7 comes to mind, where God explicitly says he is the source of both good and evil: "I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things."

And Proverbs 16:4 where it is said God creates evil people: "The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil."
    LOL, I asked Catholic or Protestant, not Judaic.

Established Member
    Last Online
    R1a1
    mtDNA
    H
    Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Targum View Post
    You are ignorant of the actual Oral tradition of the very spare narrative in Sefer Beresheet about the snake. Please study Beresheet Rabbah to get at least a superficial clue about, for example, the primal sexual pollution transmitted to Hhavvah by the nahhash (serpent), which requires continuous atonement. Please also stop writing about Written Torah without the Oral Torah that goes with it. Write instead about your Greek testament about the G-d man. You are not qualified to opine about "What the Torah says"
    "Oral Torah" was made up by 2nd Temple and later Jews permeated with Iranic and Hellenic religious influences who then read their Iranic and Hellenic ideas into the TaNaKh following the lead of the earlier Greeks who were reading their philosophy into ancient myths. "Oral Torah" has very little to do with what authors of the TaNaKh actually thought and wanted to express.

The Grand Inquisitor of ABF NixYO's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Sweden Finland Kalmar Union Sami Sweden Tre Kronor

Why not also Orthodox Christian?
    “And, furthermore, that some people have a sex life and others don’t just because some are more attractive than others. I wanted to acknowledge that if people don’t have a sex life, it’s not for some moral reason, it’s just because they’re ugly. Once you’ve said it, it sounds obvious, but I wanted to say it.” — Michel Houellebecq

Established Member
    Last Online
    R1a1
    mtDNA
    H
    Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Semitic Duwa View Post
    Nonsense.
    Semitic ’l comes by diphthong contraction from the root ’yl "strong", which you can see in such Hebrew words as ’eyal "strength", ’ayil "strong man" or "ram" and ’el in the expressions yeš/’en le’el "can/can not".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NixYO View Post
    Why not also Orthodox Christian?
    Because he claims that Catholic and Protestant Christians like Jews and Muslims believe that God is the source of evil but does not claim it about Orthodox Christians.

Last Online
    Today @ 19:28
    E-M5021
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a

"Oral Torah" was made up by 2nd Temple and later Jews permeated with Iranic and Hellenic religious influences who then read their Iranic and Hellenic ideas into the TaNaKh following the lead of the earlier Greeks who were reading their philosophy into ancient myths. "Oral Torah" has very little to do with what authors of the TaNaKh actually thought and wanted to express.
    No, the ignorance is completely yours. The above statement is classic medieval church supercessionist b.s. loved especially by Russian Orthodox primitive failures. It is a Christian/Sadducee/Karaite perversion. Bottom line:
    Your impaired coerced translation is a defective partial document, and being a goy, you are not an heir to Torah, especially the unbroken oral tradition from Master to Student, Father to Son, for over 3000 years. Stick to your syncretistic Greek books you will not exceed your comfort zone. You could live 1000 years and unless you undergo a halakhic conversion, you will never be qualified to say: "The Torah says" or "The Torah is". It is like being a wigger only with a long history of racist violence associated with it.
    Last edited by Targum; 2017-03-16 at 16:20.

Established Member
    Last Online
    R1a1
    mtDNA
    H
    Russia

No, the ignorance is completely yours. The above statement is classic medieval church supercessionist b.s. loved especially by Russian Orthodox primitive failures. It is a Christian/Sadducee/Karaite perversion. Bottom line:
    Your impaired coerced translation is a defective partial document,
    I quite agree with you here, because not only my but all Christian translations of the TaNaKh are impaired and coerced to fit it to the Indo-European ideas of God. The process was already started by the Greek-educated Jewish translators of the Septuagint.

and being a goy,
    And you are not a goy, right? So Yahweh's promise to Abram was false.

וְאֶעֶשְׂךָ, לְגוֹי גָּדוֹל (Bereshit12:2)

you are not an heir to Torah, especially the unbroken oral tradition from Master to Student, Father to Son, for over 3000 years. Stick to your syncretistic Greek books you will not exceed your comfort zone. You could live 1000 years and unless you undergo a halakhic conversion, you will never be qualified to say: "The Torah says" or "The Torah is". It is like being a wigger only with a long history of racist violence associated with it.
    I could not care less about the quackery which goes by the name of Torah study among Jews. All I care about is modern scientific (=Indo-European) research.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Iranid
    Ethnicity
    Persian
    Religion
    Chán
    United States Islamic Republic of Iran

Okay, from New Testament then.

There's no verse that specifically says "God created good and evil", but it's easy to make the inference though, for instance in the Revelation:

"The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise its authority for forty-two months." Revelation 13:5

Why would a God allow the Beast to do what it does?

Here's some more:

"God is above all things and before all things. He is the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end. He is immortal, and He is present everywhere so that everyone can know Him" (Revelation 21:6).

"God created all things and holds all things together, both in heaven and on earth, both visible and invisible" (Colossians 1:16).

"God knows all things past, present, and future. There is no limit to His knowledge, for God knows everything completely before it even happens" (Romans 11:33).

"Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account" (Hebrews 4:13).

"Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible'" (Matthew 19:26).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3