Metaethnos
    Anglo-Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Ulster Irish
    Politics
    conservative
    Religion
    Deist
    United States Northern Ireland France Lorraine Scotland Ireland Ireland clover

Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post
    No Prometheus doesn't require any suspension of belief in evolution. Prometheus, or its ancient aliens variety of that pseudo-scientific hypthesis anyway, is actually quite compatible with Darwinian evolution; the only incompatibility with our modern understanding of evolution, is that the 'engineers' terraformed our planet with a sort of guided DNA seed that would eventually lead to the human species. In reality of course, evolution has no direction whatsoever, and no existing or future species on this planet (not even our closely related primates) will ever evolve into humans.

But other than that, even Richard Dawkins has expressed support for the possibility of Prometheus-like intelligent design (in that Ben Stein documentary Expelled, I'll see if I can find the clip when I get home; at the gym now).

Prometheus sucked because it ruined Spaihts' brilliant screenplay (Lindelof Jewed the film, lol).

Anyway, I'm hopeful that we'll get more answers about the space jockeys in Covenant.

The engineers is just another version of intelligent design that goes against Occam's razor or the rule of parsimony and the Orthodox Version of Evolution. It goes against everything Dawkins has written about from The Selfish Gene to the The God Delusion etc... that video clip of Dawkins' probably has him talking about life on Earth being indirectly seeded, via a meteor, carrying low level forms life from another planet. All this pot smoking and watching video instead of reading books is turning you nto an anti-intellectual.

One of the characters in Prometheus made a similar comment about evolution that I did in my first reply.
    American of Scots-Irish or Ulster Ancestry :

'I am a Scotsman', Sir Walter Scott once famously wrote, ' therefore I had to fight my way into the world'.

"Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind.” --Winston Churchill(England)

"We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.” --Voltaire(France)

Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    J1a2b2-L147+ CMH-6
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Ecofascism, Radicalism
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

Quote Originally Posted by ThePendragon View Post
    The engineers is just another version of intelligent design that goes against Occam's razor or the rule of parsimony and the Orthodox Version of Evolution. It goes against everything Dawkins has written about from The Selfish Gene to the The God Delusion etc... that video clip of Dawkins' probably has him talking about life on Earth being indirectly seeded, via a meteor, carrying low level forms life from another planet.
    Actually no, Dawkins talks about a civilization that designed a form of life that they seeded onto this planet. So technically speaking, Dawkins lends support to the possibility of a Prometheus-like ancient astronauts hypothesis. Here's the clip:

Richard Dawkins admits to Intelligent Design:

^^ Do note, that Dawkins says that extra-terrestrial civilization must have evolved through Darwinian means, and he also says that they must have had very high technology; that's like textbook Prometheus space jockeys. So yes, Prometheus is compatible with Darwinism, as endorsed by Dawkins himself.

The problem here is that you don't seem to differentiate between evolution and abiogenesis (which possibly happened through the RNA world hypothesis); they're not the same thing. Evolution is mainly about how life evolved from single-cell species into complex multi-celled organisms. Abiogenesis is how the first self-replicating molecule got kickstarted; no one really knows how that happened.

All this pot smoking and watching video instead of reading books is turning you nto an anti-intellectual.
    Cannabis smokers have higher IQ than Prometheus fans

One of the characters in Prometheus made a similar comment about evolution that I did in my first reply.
    Dude, Prometheus is an anti-intellectual film.
    Last edited by EliasAlucard; 2017-04-24 at 16:44. Reason: abiogenesis
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

“A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

“The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

“Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3