Ethnicity
    Polish
    Phenotype
    Barbarian
    Religion
    Crop Circles
    Poland

Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post
    Peter Weyland at TED2023: I will change the world (Full Length TEDTalk) [HD 1080p]:
    Hehe...that's Guy Pearce. Dude was on the Neighbors telly series here when I was in school.

But his best work is this IMO.

Last edited by Polako; 2017-04-18 at 03:05.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:23
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    ChildOfTheSun
    Ethnicity
    Purepecha/Tejano
    Phenotype
    Margid/Pueblid/Mediter
    Politics
    Children Of The Sun
    Religion
    Jimbafiarhu
    United States Mexico Puerto Rico Italy

Quote Originally Posted by ThePendragon View Post
    Yeah, I liked the movie pitch black. I haven't really followed alien since the Sigourney Weaver days but I just downloaded alien vs predator, even though it did not get good reviews, I will watch it later anyway. That trailer Elias linked to looks like it could be a decently good movie so I will watch it too.
    Uhh I was actually referring to the Xenomorphs, who I called the "pitch black nightmare creatures", based on how Machiko Noguchi refers to the Xenomorphs in the AvP novels.

Lol all I wanna really see is some great, badass, satisfying action with the Predators wrecking Xenomorphs like Wolf in AvP Requiem:

US govt official: “You have observed the white man for 90 years. You’ve seen his wars and his technological advances. You’ve seen his progess, and the damage he’s done.”

Two Eagles: “When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women do all the work, medicine man free, Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing, all night having sex.... Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.”

Established Member
    Mein Führer! I can walk! ageladakos's Avatar
    Last Online
    @

Personally, I'd say it's like this:

Aliens (really Cameron when he's at his best)
    Alien: Resurrection (I've always liked this one since I saw it at the cinema back in 1997)
    Alien (I actually think it's overrated, I mean it's a classic and all, and really well made for its time and all, but it has so few aliens it's boring)
    Alien 3 (worst Alien flick)
    Prometheus

Covenant is a sequel to Prometheus, but it's actually part of the Alien prequel series. I'm pretty sure this Covenant will be better than Prometheus because they kept all the juicy stuff for the sequels.
    We prefer different genres.
    Alien 1 is sci-fi, thriller
    Alien 2 is sci-fi, action
    Alien 3 is sci-fi, shitty

Etc :P
    brb

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ageladakos For This Useful Post:

beyoku (2017-05-21)

Established Member
    Mein Führer! I can walk! ageladakos's Avatar
    Last Online
    @

Quote Originally Posted by jo12 View Post
    AVP >> Aliens

no way
    AVP is better because of the P
    brb

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ageladakos For This Useful Post:

Sun Shield Pakal (2017-04-18)

Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    J1a2b2-L147+ CMH-6
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Ecofascism, Radicalism
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Polako View Post
    Hehe...that's Guy Pearce. Dude was on the Neighbors telly series here when I was in school.
    I remember Neighbors, lol, they used to air it here on TV3 back in the early 90s. I used to watch it too back then. I don't remember much from Neighbors though, aside from Kylie Minogue's pretty face.

Quote Originally Posted by Polako View Post
    But his best work is this IMO.

Memento is a good film, but I think he's a decent actor all in all (Time Machine was also okay), I mean dude's clearly no Marlon Brando or anything. However, in Prometheus, they totally misused him as a geriatric. Apparently he's going to be in Alien: Covenant though, not sure in what role exactly, as he died ISIS-style in Prometheus

Quote Originally Posted by ageladakos View Post
    We prefer different genres.
    Alien 1 is sci-fi, thriller
    Alien 2 is sci-fi, action
    Alien 3 is sci-fi, shitty

Etc :P
    Yeah, that's why I think Alien 2 and 4 are the best films, as they're clearly the most action oriented. 3 and 1 are a bit too much hide and seek with the aliens, doesn't work as well imho.

I mean if you're going to face these highly lethal biological weapons, you better come equipped with heavy weapons to even out the odds and also include some stylish action in the films, as opposed to running and hiding. That shit is boring.

Based on the trailer of Covenant though, it seems like Ridley Scott went with his standard running and hiding approach. They should have used James Cameron as the director in the Prometheus series, but he disassociated himself from the Alien franchise after Alien vs Predator, which he thought before it was made, that it would be cheap and milking the Alien creature out of all the remaining money they could make from it, and he was right because the Alien vs Predator films sucked. Which is a shame, as they shouldn't have bothered with Alien vs Predator and just made James Cameron the standard director of both Alien 5 and the original Jon Spaihts Prometheus screenplay.
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

“A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

“The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

“Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

Last Online
    2017-05-24 @ 14:13

Alien vs Predator potentially could have worked but i guess they were thinking of making some quick money and did not bother creating a good story

Amnesty Member
    Molecular Biologist ThePendragon's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:13
    R1b-Z253
    mtDNA
    H
    Phenotype
    Atlantid
    Metaethnos
    Anglo-Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Ulster Irish
    Politics
    conservative
    Religion
    pantheist
    United States Northern Ireland France Lorraine Scotland Ireland Ireland clover

As much as it sucks (and it's a really bad movie), you should watch Prometheus first just to get an idea of what Alien: Covenant is about.

Here's a summary on what I believe is the original Jon Spaihts screenplay for Prometheus, you know, before Damon Lindelof ruined it:

Spoiler: 
    The rumored premise is as follows: Earth. Year 2058. Archaeological digs in Africa reveal alien artifacts that humans were genetically engineered by an advanced alien race (space jockeys). These "Alien Gods" also terraformed Earth in order to make it habitable for their human creations. Amongst finds are coordinates to the Alien God's home-world, to Paradise. Months later the Weyland Corp launch the spaceship PROMETHEUS and its crew into deep space to make first contact. Thanks to faster than light travel a few years later the PROMETHEUS enters the Zeta Riticuli star system. Humans are greeted by their makers, then transported further into space to a scary yet fascinating world. The Alien Gods are proud of their "children", their first creation to reach such levels of intelligence. As a reward they share bits of their astonishing bio-based technologies with the humans. But for one crew member of the Prometheus it's not enough. In a treacherous act he steals the "bio-source code" to Terraforming, a technology at the origin of all Gods' power, that could make humans equal to the gods. The Alien Gods may be scientists but are also ruthless conquerors, destroyers of worlds who will not accept humans as equals. They unleash on the escaping human crew their favorite bio-weapon, a creature used to "clean up" worlds before colonization. But something goes wrong in the process and humans manage to turn the bio-weapon against their makers. Giving birth to a smarter, nastier, bigger breed of gut eating creatures. Creatures that will be the demise of Paradise. What's left of the Prometheus crew manages to escape the doomed planet. On their trail is a survivor Alien God in a very familiar ship with one ultimate mission: Bring the wrath of the Gods to Earth.
    http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movie/prometheus

^^ I strongly suggest reading this spoiler, before you watch Prometheus and Alien: Covenant, because if you watch Prometheus before reading this summary, you might actually like Prometheus, because you don't realize what they've removed from the plot. Some of the plot I'm sure they've kept for the Prometheus sequels, in any case, that's why Prometheus sucked. Most people who disliked Prometheus, dislike it because it's just a stupid film, but they don't know why it's that stupid, and it is that stupid, precisely because Lindelof monkeyed witht he screenplay.

Here's also a decent YouTube clip discussing how the space jockeys tie the Alien films to its Prometheus prequels:

Original Alien 2 Sequel that never was, and its ties to Prometheus / Covenant Part 1:

Prometheus was hated because it sucked, and because Lindelof ruined the original screenplay with intelligence insulting Lost-like twists and similar cryptic nonsense. You can clearly see that there was some potential and cool ideas for a good film in Prometheus; for example, it actually has some dialogue of reconstructed proto-Indo-European in the film, and this scene, which was not featured in the film, and I believe the dialogue in this scene was not ruined by Lindelof because it has that Spaiht quality intact:

Peter Weyland's 2023 TED Talk:

Here's the full clip:

Peter Weyland at TED2023: I will change the world (Full Length TEDTalk) [HD 1080p]:

^^ This short scene is only like 6 minutes, yet it's better than the entire Prometheus film. The pre-Lindelof screenplay for Prometheus was awesome stuff, and could have been a great film, but it was all executed very poorly and they kept the good stuff out from the film, like this scene.

Anyway, Lindelof is not involved in Covenant so I'm sure it'll be better than Prometheus based on that fact alone.
    Oh, yeah, I forgot I saw alien Prometheus in the movie theater because it was just called Prometheus and it was half a decade ago. I didn't think it was that bad of a movie I give it a 7.5 out if 10 now AvP that freaking sucked. The worst thing about Prometheus was you had to suspend your Believe in evolution for the Engineers.
    American of Scots-Irish or Ulster Ancestry :

'I am a Scotsman', Sir Walter Scott once famously wrote, ' therefore I had to fight my way into the world'.

"Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind.” --Winston Churchill(England)

"We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.” --Voltaire(France)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    L3f1b
    Metaethnos
    Senegambia
    Ethnicity
    Kriolu
    Phenotype
    South Saharid Kriola
    Cape Verde African Union(OAS) Guinea-Bissau Senegal

Why didn't they continue with the engineers angle?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stala For This Useful Post:

beyoku (2017-05-23), MnM (2017-04-21)

Senior Moderator
    Last Online
    @
    J1a2b2-L147+ CMH-6
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Ecofascism, Radicalism
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic

Quote Originally Posted by ThePendragon View Post
    Oh, yeah, I forgot I saw alien Prometheus in the movie theater because it was just called Prometheus and it was half a decade ago. I didn't think it was that bad of a movie I give it a 7.5 out if 10 now AvP that freaking sucked. The worst thing about Prometheus was you had to suspend your Believe in evolution for the Engineers.
    No Prometheus doesn't require any suspension of belief in evolution. Prometheus, or its ancient aliens variety of that pseudo-scientific hypthesis anyway, is actually quite compatible with Darwinian evolution; the only incompatibility with our modern understanding of evolution, is that the 'engineers' terraformed our planet with a sort of guided DNA seed that would eventually lead to the human species. In reality of course, evolution has no direction whatsoever, and no existing or future species on this planet (not even our closely related primates) will ever evolve into humans.

But other than that, even Richard Dawkins has expressed support for the possibility of Prometheus-like intelligent design (in that Ben Stein documentary Expelled, I'll see if I can find the clip when I get home; at the gym now).

Prometheus sucked because it ruined Spaihts' brilliant screenplay (Lindelof Jewed the film, lol).

Anyway, I'm hopeful that we'll get more answers about the space jockeys in Covenant.

“A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

Quoted for truth:
    For the lulz:
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

Senior Moderator
    Last Online
    @
    J1a2b2-L147+ CMH-6
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Ecofascism, Radicalism
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic

Quote Originally Posted by stala View Post
    Why didn't they continue with the engineers angle?
    Apparently they did:

Alien Covenant Images Reveal Engineer City, Walter, Xenomorph, & more:

Quoted for truth:
    For the lulz:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast