Phenotype
    Assyroid
    Politics
    Imperialism
    Religion
    Mesopotamian religion
    Assyria

Default Quality Before Quantity - QBQ

This forum's mission is to become the best, most serious and highest quality anthropology forum ever. Therefore, the rules are sacred on this forum, and important to follow. Of course, we try not to be too stern here, but one important guideline is Quality Before Quantity.

The purpose with this guideline, is to ensure a quality check on our members, and to increase the quality and value of their posts. Needless to say, not every post you write on this forum must conform to some academic peer-reviewed standard, but try putting some effort into your posts. Make them informative, backed up with good sources and some thoughtful arguments; not only will it make your threads and posts more interesting to read, you will also learn a lot from other members in return, and that is the key concept to a high quality forum where you learn something new every day.

This includes everything from citing quality academic and/or credible sources (and using the [quote] or [indent] tags when you quote a source/abstract/excerpt), to writing eloquently, with as few grammar and spelling errors as possible.

Since not everyone has English as their native tongue, I will tolerate a reasonable amount of spelling/grammar errors and turn a blind eye if I notice sloppy mistakes. But members who cannot spell to save their life, will be banned.

Blatant trolls, who come here only to provoke and waste bandwidth, and are obviously not interested in contributing with quality, intellectually stimulating discussions to this forum, will also be banned.

Banning someone for QBQ is not an easy procedure, and requires time to check through the member's post history and after that, come to the conclusion if a QBQ-ban is needed. If you've written a lot of good, quality posts on this forum, and you have some minor low-brow posts in your post history, it's okay, you won't be banned. But if it's the other way around, if your post history is infamous for containing a large amount of low-brow nonsense, chances are you'll be banned.

More members will probably be banned for QBQ, but I hope not. I really don't like banning members, I wish I won't have to ban anyone, let alone give infractions. Only administrators are allowed to QBQ-ban members, and hopefully, we won't need to ban any more members.

The QBQ guideline isn't applied on this forum just to show off that we can ban members; its purpose is to keep the useless lowbrow posters at bay, so that we can maintain a quality forum. The purpose with QBQ is to make this forum attractive for intellectual, knowledgeable debaters to join and discuss the scientific topics that are possible to discuss here.

And last but not least: opinions, however stupid or "wrong" they may be, won't get you QBQ-banned. So don't feel afraid of voicing your opinion.

//admin
    Last edited by admin; 2010-01-19 at 07:41.
    “Susa, the great holy city, abode of their gods, seat of their mysteries, I conquered. I entered its palaces, I opened their treasuries where silver and gold, goods and wealth were amassed... I destroyed the ziggurat of Susa. I smashed its shining copper horns. I reduced the temples of Elam to naught; their gods and goddesses I scattered to the winds. The tombs of their ancient and recent kings I devastated, I exposed to the sun, and I carried away their bones toward the land of Ashur. I devastated the provinces of Elam and on their lands I sowed salt.” — Aššur-bāni-apli, Fall of Elam

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

bami (2009-11-13), bleck (2010-01-19), Curiouscat (2011-06-25), Eldritch (2010-05-31), Elfaerie (2010-01-15), larali (2011-09-15), Loxias (2010-01-19), Pao (2011-12-15), Prophetess (2010-01-19), Saif ad-Dhib (2009-11-13), Stygian Cellarius (2009-11-13), Xavier (2012-04-08), Yautja_BR (2010-08-26)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot