Hominid
    Ethnicity
    Homo Erectus
    Politics
    anti-intellectual
    Religion
    Ancient Aliens
    United States

Did I fucking stutter? I didn't say anyone owes them anything.

I said that any government that doesn't care about improving their population, improving their education, making them smarter, will collapse.
    Last edited by Сталкер; 2015-08-18 at 20:19.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist Acquisitorz's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Liberal
    Religion
    Lol
    Flanders lion Israel Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Сталкер View Post
    Did I fucking stutter? I didn't say anyone owes them anything.

I said that any government that doesn't care about improving their population, improving their education, making them smarter, will collapse.
    yes it may collapse, however the topic here is capitalism, and not the government.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Acquisitorz For This Useful Post:

Сталкер (2015-08-18), Semitic Duwa (2015-08-19)

QBS Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2015-10-20 @ 06:56
    Y-DNA
    Probably J2
    Metaethnos
    Hominid
    Ethnicity
    Homo Erectus
    Politics
    anti-intellectual
    Religion
    Ancient Aliens
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Acquisitorz View Post
    yes it may collapse, however the topic here is capitalism, and not the government.
    Government, corporations, at the end it's just people managing something. What's in a word?

Established Member
    Last Online
    2017-09-05 @ 15:06
    Europid
    Phenotype
    Atlantid
    Metaethnos
    Iberian
    Ethnicity
    Spaniard
    Spain Spain Castile Spain traditional European Union

Quote Originally Posted by Acquisitorz View Post
    if one wants to be anti patriotic (hate that word btw) then its his choice, if one wants to live with anti spiritual values or be immoral then its also his personal choice, if one needs "unnecessary junks" = in whatever form, then again, its his choice/his problem.
    Capitalism offers freedom of choice, much more so than any other system. So why do you concentrate on the negative sides? Any other system would also produce people who want junk, who have certain values which others find immoral. Its human nature, nothing else.
    You make it sound as if we live in a transparent system, with no ideology of it's own, and no influence on people, that's not the case. Our current capitalistic Western societes, have a pretty well defined agenda and ideology, pushed by the capitalistic elite, the big corporations.

Of course there's always people that think on their own, outside of what mainstream media tells you, but it's a minority.
    Last edited by Vetton; 2015-08-18 at 21:12.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Vetton For This Useful Post:

EliasAlucard (2015-08-18)

QBS Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2015-10-20 @ 06:56
    Y-DNA
    Probably J2
    Metaethnos
    Hominid
    Ethnicity
    Homo Erectus
    Politics
    anti-intellectual
    Religion
    Ancient Aliens
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Vetton View Post
    You make it sound as if we live in a transparent system, with no ideology of it's own, and no influence on people, that's not the case. Our current capitalistic Western societes, have a pretty well defined agenda and ideology.

Of course there's always people that think on their own, outside of what mainstream media tells you, but it's a minority.
    Freedom of choice is an illusion. Show me an individual's life history, his family background, and I will tell you most of the choices he will make in his life.

There are now many studies showing the heritability of variables such as political orientation and socioeconomic level.

True, his choices by themselves will be random,but together they will be a pattern. With 20 million people this pattern will be even more pronounced. This is the crux of economics.
    Last edited by Сталкер; 2015-08-18 at 21:16.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Сталкер For This Useful Post:

DragonRouge (2015-08-19), TheMask (2015-08-18)

Established Member
    Last Online
    2019-09-20 @ 21:51
    Race
    Negroid
    Metaethnos
    Black
    Ethnicity
    Black American
    Politics
    SJW Mangina
    Religion
    Agnostic Occultism
    United States African Union(OAS)

Quote Originally Posted by Сталкер View Post
    Freedom of choice is an illusion. Show me an individual's life history, his family background, and I will tell you most of the choices he will make in his life.

There are now many studies showing the heritability of variables such as political orientation and socioeconomic level.

True, his choices by themselves will be random,but together they will be a pattern. With 20 million people this pattern will be even more pronounced. This is the crux of economics.
    yeah believe that too, "freedom" in general is kind of on illusion everybody is bound to something or someone. this is why i believe libertarianism will never happen because humanity always lived in groups that focuses on community rather then individuals.
    "A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots." - Marcus Garvey

"The most disrespected woman in America, is the black woman. The most un-protected person in America is the black woman. The most neglected person in America, is the black woman" - Malcolm X

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TheMask For This Useful Post:

DragonRouge (2015-08-19)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Liberal
    Religion
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vetton View Post
    You make it sound as if we live in a transparent system, with no ideology of it's own, and no influence on people, that's not the case. Our current capitalistic Western societes, have a pretty well defined agenda and ideology, pushed by the capitalistic elite, the big corporations.

Again, name one alternative system where this would not be the case. Where the masses wouldn't be manipulated by someone/something into having certain thoughts/desires. Capitalist democracies clearly stand above any other system in that aspect.

Personally I don't care for corporations as much, no cola cola or iPhone (not anymore lol) for me, hell even my bread comes from a small local baker who bakes his bread as it happened in the good old days, sure, its much more expensive than corporate bread, but its delicious

Also, don't you think its healthier for the larger masses to be swallowing celebrity gossips and shitty movies than lets say religion?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Acquisitorz For This Useful Post:

Сталкер (2015-08-19), Semitic Duwa (2015-08-19)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    Dominican
    Phenotype
    Stereotypical
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Agnostic

The only problem with capitalism is that it left too much room for corrupt people to succeed. Many CEO's are sociopaths/psychopaths. Destructive people who will exploit and deplete the world around them and theres really no way to stop them under this system.
    Last edited by LexRD; 2015-08-19 at 01:41.

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Male relatives J1c3
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Metaethnos
    Métis-Souriquois
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Politics
    Shawinigan Handshake
    Religion
    Atheist
    Canada Canada Acadia Canada Quebec Basque Faroe Islands Viking

I was reading some interesting articles about how we're moving into a kind of "post-capitalist era", driven by technology. It'll be more sharing based. I'm not sure if the premise will work for all industries, but you can say the entertainment industries have already made that transition, driven by file sharing, then services like YouTube, and paid, but significantly cheaper, services. More people download tracks off iTunes than buy albums now, artists don't record full albums as often but make songs for these services. More people have Netflix than cable, studios make films and shows exclusively for Netflix, some YouTube celebs are as well known as Hollywood stars... one could go on about how the entertainment industry has adapted to the way the theories of the post capitalist economy say. There are other things too, more people use Uber than take cabs, and fewer people are buying cars, opting for ride sharing programs instead.

Here's one article:

http://www.theguardian.com/books/201...P=share_btn_fb

Here's an article that shows points and counterpoints to it.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/steveden...talism-ending/

If this is happening, I don't think it's so much capitalism failing, but more of a natural transition to something more efficient as technology improves, much like we went from hunter-gatherers to farmers, to industrialization and capitalism, and this post capitalist economy posited still shares traits with capitalism. For example, this type of economy would still be market driven.

I think this maybe a little far off what will happen, but interesting reads anyway.
    Last edited by DragonRouge; 2015-08-19 at 02:41.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue. - Acadian proverb

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DragonRouge For This Useful Post:

EliasAlucard (2015-08-19)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Liberal
    Religion
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post

The reason why that's not happening, is because hemp threatens the ownership status of corporations:

^^ This capitalist mentality, is why we're polluting the planet so much and destroying so many animal habitats, and so on. Hemp isn't attractive to capitalism because that would mean far less concentration of private wealth, and that's why various capitalist lobbyists are against hemp. You think Saudi Arabia would be a rich oil nation if hemp was popular? I don't think so.
    When I drive to France, and I go there quite frequently I see many fields with these yellow flowers:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapeseed

this is how the French countryside looks like from a car in May/June/July

this plant is used to create biodiesel, same as hemp or so. Not sure whether hemp offers more diesel per m² of plants, but its surely comparable.

the thing is, biodiesel is still not environmentally friendly, it may be cleaner than oil, but it still creates pollution.

wind + sun are the solution imo, that great combo of very clean power.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Acquisitorz For This Useful Post:

Сталкер (2015-08-19), TheMask (2015-08-19)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast