Super Moderator
    Last Online
    @
    N1c1-L550
    mtDNA
    H3
    Finland

Default Share stories of your ancestors

Let's share stories of our ancestors. Maybe the stories you now know were passed down from one generation to another, or maybe you have uncovered them through research. Post them here if you want to share them.

Here is one of my stories.

"Then they took me to the Syväri river. They started spanking me. For one night and one day I had to lie at the feet of my enemy and be subjected to a cruel treatment: a robe around my neck, my hands tied behind my back and my legs drawn behind my back with the same robe. My chest and stomach received such injuries that they undoubtedly prepared me for the grave. They kicked me with the iron soles of their shoes and hit me in the head with tatar whips so that my scalp cracked in several places. The pus that ran from these wounds during the five weeks was about to rot my neck and shoulders. This is what I, a poor man, had to endure for twelve weeks, while I was being taken from one castle to another on the shores of Lake Ladoga until we reached the city of Saint Petersburg."

This is what my ancestor Georgius Petri Wallius (Yrjänä Pietarinpoika) wrote to the Bishop's Council in 1722, after the Great Wrath. The enemy were the Russians, who had captured him and taken him with them to Russia.

Yrjänä Pietarinpoika was born in 1665 in a vicarage in Kitee in North Karelia, where his grandfather, also named Georgius Petri Wallius, was the vicar. Georgius Petri senior was the first Lutheran vicar of the parish. After Georgius Petri senior's death in 1672, his son, young Georgius's father, Pietari Yrjänänpoika (Petrus Jöransson), continued to live in the vicarage as a farmer on the plea that his father had paid for the construction of the buildings. This caused some friction between Pietari Yrjänänpoika and his father's successor Michael Aeschilli Hyfvitius (Pietari's brother-in-law) and another priest in the parish, Kustaa Sinkko. The disagreements went so far that Kustaa Sinkko physically assaulted the children of the Wallius family, including the then 16-year old Yrjänä Pietarinpoika. The assault that took place in 1681 is the first mention of Yrjänä Pietarinpoika. Kustaa Sinkko was later declared insane.

Six years later, in 1687, Yrjänä Pietarinpoika Wallius graduated from the gymnasium of Turku and enrolled in the Royal Academy of Turku. However, that same year the vicar of the parish of Pielisjärvi, Lauri Laurinpoika Hallitius (Laurentius Lauri) invited him to Pielisjärvi to be a private tutor for his children.

A year after that Yrjänä Pietarinpoika is mentioned as the school master of the Brahea Paedagogium, a school for children in the market town of Lieksa in Pielisjärvi. The Paedagogium had 10 to 30 pupils, mostly sons of the town's burghers and officials. The children were taught reading, writing, arithmetic, and religion. They were probably also taught Swedish, because it was the official language used not only in administration but also in business. Wallius is mentioned to have been a learned and skilful school master.

Hallitius died in 1688. Two years after the death of Hallitius, Wallius married his daughter Clara Hallitius-Bergman, and then in 1702, Hallitius's successor Pietari Herkepaeus appointed Wallius his assistant priest. The Brahea paedagogium was shut down at about the same time. A major cause for shutting the school down was probably lack of funding. This was caused by the famine of 1696-1697, which wiped out about a third of the population of Finland, and the Greath Wrath.

The Great Wrath brought the Russians to Pielisjärvi. Wallius was among the first to welcome Russians to the parish. This might have been because he was constantly having disputes with Simon Affleck, who paid rent to the Swedish crown for the right to collect taxes in the area and who was ruthless in his collection endeavours. However, the Russians imprisoned Wallius and took him with them to Russia. In 1717, when the Russians returned, they appointed Wallius vicar of the Pielisjärvi parish, and Wallius moved to live in the vicarage.

After the Great Wrath, Simon Affleck, the ruthless tax collector, accused Wallius of treason and demanded that he leave the vicarage because the Consistory had not appointed him. He also accused Wallius of conspiracy against the King of Sweden because Wallius had suggested that his parishioners pledge an oath of obedience to the Russians. Affleck pointed out that Wallius had left Pielisjärvi and joined the Russians.

Wallius replied that he had not joined the Russians voluntarily, but that he had been imprisoned. In the letter that he sent to the bishop's council, Wallius told that the Russians had intended to behead him three times with three other prisoners. The other three had indeed been killed in a violent manner while he was present. Wallius was spared but treated cruelly.

Wallius asked the Bishop's Council to confirm his vicarage, but he died soon after his request and never got confirmation for it.

Wallius had 14 children and at least 60 grandchildren. He is my ancestor through at least three different genealogical lines.
    Last edited by Aino; 2011-09-03 at 20:56.

2. The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Aino For This Useful Post:

Aila (2010-11-26), amerinese (2011-08-15), Annikka (2012-02-24), Awall (2011-01-12), BlackRain (2014-11-30), blank slate (2011-05-14), cadwallon (2010-12-12), Day Tripper (2010-12-11), EliasAlucard (2011-11-20), Frans Hals (2011-11-20), Freewheel (2010-12-19), Insula (2010-11-23), karakoyunlu (2011-05-18), larali (2011-08-29), Luckybastard (2011-05-13), Martinv90 (2012-03-13), Multilingual (2011-08-16), Outlaw (2011-05-20), Ozrage (2011-08-16), Papa Anodyne (2010-11-23), SilverKnight (2010-11-23), Sippola (2013-01-22), Stefahn (2010-11-23), TatyZ (2012-10-08), Tuohikirje (2010-11-23), Ubirajara (2010-11-23), Universal (2014-12-10), warwick (2010-11-23)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    European
    United States United Kingdom Italy

"Pierre Landry, the son of Pierre (Pedro) Landry Sr and Marie Joseph (Maria Josef) Hebert. His grandparents were transported to England from Acadia in 1756 and after the treaty of 1763, were "re-patriated" to France. His parents were married approximately five years later in St. Servan, France.
    See: Acadians: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acadians

Born in France in 1770, Pierre Joseph, along with his parents, are placed at St. Malo, France, where evidence is found on page 73 of the publication "Acadians in France" listed "Pierre Landry, 31, carpenter of St. Malo died in 1772, Marie Josephe Hebert, 31, his wife, and Pierre Joseph Landry, 2, their son."

Pierre Joseph arrived in Louisiana aboard the ship LaBerge on August 15, 1785, with his widowed mother and maternal grandfather as recorded in "The Crews and Passenger Registration Lists of the Seven Acadian Expeditions of 1785" The LaBerge's registration journal had them listed as "Widow Hebert (should have been listed as the Widow Landry, her maiden name was Hebert), 57, and her son Pierre Joseph Landry, 17, day laborer."

He settled in St. Gabriel, received a land grant on the west bank of the Mississippi River and became a successful sugar farmer or planter. He married at St. Gabriel on June 30, 1790, Scholastique Breaux, daughter of Joseph Breaux and Marie Josephe Landry. After the death of Scholastique, Pierre remarried several times.

Pierre Joseph was a man with many interests. He was militarily inclined and became a member of Meriam's Militia, which was organized to protect the early settlers. By 1810, he was a first lieutenant. In the War of 1812, he organized his own company of infantry, and as part of Meriam's Militia---the 8th Regiment (and as Captain Landry) he led his men for the defense of the lower coast and New Orleans.

Late in his life, Pierre Joseph Landry was stricken with Tuberculosis of the bone (the knee) and was confined to a wheel chair.

He began woodcarving and carved little figures from beech and magnolia with his pocket knife. Pierre became an accomplished wood carver. One of his most ambitious pieces was the "Wheel of Life", [see Cabildo, New Orleans: http://lsm.crt.state.la.us/cabildo/cab8.htm which can be found on exhibit in the Cabildo. The carving consists of the seven ages of man, from the cradle through old age and finally to the grave. He also carved a mausoleum with the bowed figures of two mourners. He also carved a bust of himself. The only likeness of Pierre Landry in existence. This collection of wood carvings were scattered amongst his descendants, until Luke Valcour Landry, brought them all together into one collection and placed them in the safekeeping of the Louisiana State Museum, along with the note books and the military manuel, as a lasting memento of a distinguished citizen of long ago. In recognition of his works, a collection of his works is on display in both the Cabildo and the Presbetyre in New Orleans.

He died at Bayou Goula, Louisiana, and was buried in March, 1843. On his tombstone at St. Gabriel church cemetery, the epitaph reads "A good Republican, who is missed by his wife and nine children whose good morals were necessary""

Reference: http://www.landrystuff.com/pierre_j_landry.htm

---------- Post added 2010-11-23 at 17:07 ----------

Early American woodcarving:
    http://books.google.com/books?id=Wg8...dry%22&f=false
    Last edited by warwick; 2010-11-23 at 22:30.
    The perfect is the enemy of the good.
    --Voltaire

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to warwick For This Useful Post:

Aila (2010-11-26), Aino (2010-11-24), amerinese (2011-08-15), Awall (2011-01-12), blank slate (2011-05-14), cadwallon (2010-12-12), Insula (2010-11-24), karakoyunlu (2011-05-18), Papa Anodyne (2010-11-29), Tuohikirje (2010-11-26)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    European

One more brief anecdote:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmie_Davis

Jimmie Davis, Gov. of Louisiana, and singer of "You are My Sunshine", was a good friend of my great uncle, Lamar T. Loe.

Song Reference:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Are_My_Sunshine

Youtube music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkNbMZhEGEw

Google books:
    http://books.google.com/books?id=vpX...page&q&f=false
    --Voltaire

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to warwick For This Useful Post:

Aino (2010-12-11), blank slate (2011-05-14), karakoyunlu (2011-05-18)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    European

Great-uncle; (great-grandfather's brother-in-law):
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_H._Tunner

They were roommates at West Point in 1928.
    --Voltaire

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to warwick For This Useful Post:

Aino (2010-12-11), blank slate (2011-05-14), karakoyunlu (2011-05-18), Outlaw (2011-05-20)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    R-M512
    mtDNA
    W3a1
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Sweden Norway Sweden Tre Kronor

How I got my last name was that a soldier fought bravely in a battle for a Danish king. He made a hasty move and got nobled for it. This is about 500 years ago. So that is all that is left. Fame and fortune but it do not mean much today.
    Last edited by Ozrage; 2010-12-11 at 16:55.
    "Say Goodbye To Sweden, It's Time To Go Home!"
    "By way of deception, thou shalt do war"

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ozrage For This Useful Post:

Aino (2010-12-11), blank slate (2011-05-14), cadwallon (2010-12-12), karakoyunlu (2011-05-18), Semitic Duwa (2010-12-12), Universal (2014-12-10), Unurautare (2010-12-11)

Established Member
    ---
    Last Online
    @
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Ethnicity
    Eukaryote
    Phenotype
    Primate

Great great great great great grandpa:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Mohr

Joseph Mohr, sometimes spelt Josef (December 11, 1792 – December 4, 1848) was an Austrian priest and composer, who wrote the words to the Christmas carol "Silent Night".

Josef Franz Mohr was born in Salzburg on December 11, 1792, to an unmarried embroiderer, Anna Schoiberin, and a mercenary soldier, Franz Mohr who deserted the army and Joseph's mother before the birth.

As his musical talent was not recognized, he found a sponsor to set him upon the path to higher education. As an illegitimate child he needed the Pope's special permission to study for the priesthood and was ordained a priest in 1815. Rev. Mohr was sent to a pilgrim church in the remote Alpine village of Mariapfarr, where in 1816 he wrote a six-stanza poem that was to become the world's most popular carol. Mohr was moved to Oberndorf in 1817 to stay there for two years. When Franz Gruber agreed to compose a in churches in the Salzburg Diocese and folk singers from the Ziller Valley were taking the song on tours around Europe.
    Wow, just realized it's his 218th birthday today.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Day Tripper For This Useful Post:

Aino (2010-12-11), blank slate (2011-05-14), cadwallon (2010-12-12), karakoyunlu (2011-05-18), Universal (2014-12-10), warwick (2010-12-12)

Established Member
    puttin' in yer windies
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    R-DF99
    mtDNA
    H3ap

To begin I will type here a copy of an excerpt from “Central Pennsylvania History” which pertains to my great great great grandfather Andrew Liddle b. 1820 County Tyrone, Northern Ireland, the lineage goes deeper into Armagh and judging by the surname there's a more distant Scottish root/origin:
    “Andrew Liddle is one of the stalwart and substantial citizens of Dandy Township, Clearfield County, who are of alien birth, but who have, by their own unaided exertions, raised themselves from a state of comparative poverty, in which they came to this country, to their present prosperous condition. Since coming to the country our subject has successfully engaged in general farming, and is today one of the earliest substantial and highly respected citizens of his community.
    Mr. Liddle was born in Ireland, in 1820, a son of James and Elizabeth (Crawford) Liddle, who made their home near Castle Derg, in County Tyrone, where the father engaged in agricultural pursuit until his death in 1832. The mother also died on the Emerald Isle when our subject was about seventeen years of age. At thirteen he and his brother John took passage on the brig “John and Mary” bound for the West Indies, but two weeks after leaving Liverpool the vessel was overwhelmed by a storm and driven into the Bay of Biscay. After returning to Liverpool for repairs they again started on their journey, reaching their destination after a voyage of nine weeks. They spent a year in the West Indies, during which time the colored people on the island were liberated by the English government.
    On his return to Ireland Mr. Liddle lay ill at Liverpool for two weeks with fever and ague, and as his parents were dead, he then made his home with his brother James until large enough to begin the battle of life for himself. For some time he worked for farmers in his native land, but ultimately decided to try his fortune in America. On April 15, 1848, he arrived in Philadelphia and from there went to Wilmington, Delaware, where for two years worked for Dr. Gibbons, as a gardener, and for the same length of time was with Mr. Adams. Coming to Brandy Township, Clearfield County he then purchased fifty acres of partially improved land of Andy Wilson.
    While in Delaware, Mr. Liddle became acquainted with Miss Mary J. Fleming, a native of County Donegal, Ireland, who had come to America previous to our subject’s arrival. In the capacity of cook, she accompanied the family of Dr. Vanduson to Pittsburgh, and after Mr. Liddle had erected a house upon his new farm in Brandy Township, he went to that city, where April 9, 1853, they were made man and wife. He at once took his bride to his new home, and together they labored, earnestly and persistently, until they now enjoy a handsome competence. In 1863 their first little home was replaced by a commodious two story frame residence, and a good barn has also been erected. To the original tract Mr. Liddle added 200 acres, known as the E. Long Farm, and in 1876 he bought 100 acres of John Dubois, which adjoins his place on the northeast. Upon the latter tract his son James now resides.
    Mr. and Mrs. Liddle have reared a family of eleven children namely: (1) Fannie J. born February 2, 1854, died in May 1855. (2) James A. born January 30, 1855 grown to manhood on the home farm and married Mary Nelson of Brandy township by whom he had ten children --- Charles, Andrew, James, Eugene, Grover, Hulda, William, Robert, Anna, and Emogene, all at home. (3) William H., born April 2, 1856 received a good education in the schools of Brady Township, and subsequently became a successful teacher. In 1882 he entered the Commercial Business College of Lebanon, Ohio where he graduated the following year. He married Josephine March, of New York, and located upon his father’s farm, where his wife died in 1888, leaving three children – Celia, John, who died in 1895, and Josephine. (4)John T., born July 1857 and died in 1858. (5) John T. (the second of the name) was born May 28, 1859 and after being well educated was appointed principal of the high school of Dubois; he was a young man of great promise; he died June 3, 1882. (6) Fannie A. born June 3, 1860 married Peter May of Canada who is now civil engineer for Rochester and Pittsburgh Coal Co. They reside in Stanley, Clearfield County, and have one daughter Blanche now attending school. (7) Eliza Jane, born July 28, 1861, attended the Brady Schools, but completed her education in the State Normal of Edinboro. She then followed the profession of teaching for several of terms, but in 1883 gave her hand in marriage to William Porter of Clearfield, a son of Robert Porter of Lawrence Township, Clearfield County. Her husband is one of the leading lumbermen of the County, and they reside in Clearfield. Their children are Robert, Mary, Ruth, Marguerite, Elizabeth, Frederick, Sarah, and Frances, all at home. (8) Mary E., born September 20, 1862, died August 23, 1864. (9) Andrew J., born August 2, 1865, died of diphtheria July 29, 1875. (10) Edwin M. born February 27, 1867, grew to manhood upon the home farm, and acquired a good common-school education. He now resides upon a part of the old homestead. In 1888 he married Jennie Keil of West liberty, Clearfield County, and they have four children; May, Frederick, Hazel, and Edwin – all at home. (11) Samuel C. born August 14, 1868 completed his education in the Leonard High School of Clearfield County and is now successfully conducting the home farm for his father.
    Mr. Liddle is now the owner of 350 acres of the best farming land in Brady Township, but he is a man to whom the most envious can scarcely begrudge success, so well has he earned it, and so admirably does he use it. Both he and his wife are faithful members of the Episcopal Church of Dubois, are kind, unaffected and approachable and are always ready to aid and relieve suffering and distress. They are worthy examples of the true type of loyal Irish-American citizens, and have the high regard of a wide circle of friends and acquaintances. Mr. Liddle is a Democrat in politics, and served for three years as a school director in Sandy township, being one of the first elected to that office in his district.” – Andrew Liddle, Central Pennsylvania History, 1898 Beers Co-Chicago.

This is on my great great grandfather Charles F. Liddle (grandson of the above):

This is regarding the military history of my great great grandfather Charles F. Liddle:
    The following was taken from his death certificate, which was found among my grandmothers things.
    “Did the deceased have Military or Naval service during any war in which the armed forces of the United States were engaged? YES or NO. Yes If such service was rendered, furnish the following information;
    Branch of service. ARMY  NAVY_____ MARINE CORPS_____ NURSE CORPS____
    Name of War: Spanish American
    Organization and rank at discharge; Private Battery K Fourth Regiment Artillery.
    Enlisted: 1st Sept 1898 Discharged: Feb 21st 1899
    Character of Discharge: Honorable Wounded in Action: NO

Army of the United States
    To whom this may concern
    Know ye, that Charles F. Liddle a private of Battery K of the Fourth Regiment of Artillery who was enlisted on the -1st- day of September one thousand eight hundred and ninety eight to serve three years is hereby Honorably Discharged from the Army of the United States by reason of:
    General Orders no. 40 G.ld?(can’t make out these two letters due to the handwriting). Feb. 21st 1899.
    The said Charles F. Liddle was born in Dubois in the state of Pennsylvania and when enlisted was 21 years of age, 5 feet 5 7/10 inches high, light complexion, blue eyes, and brown hair and by occupation a Laborer.

On my ancestor Jesse E. Reed (Y-DNA I1):

Photo: http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k...rsonReed-1.jpg

According to the Tennessee State Library & Archives, Jesse Reed was a private in the War of 1812. Jesse enlisted January 28, 1814 and served under Col. Stephen Copeland, 3rd Regiment Tennessee Militia & Capt. William Evans Military Infantry. He left the service May 10, 1815.

During his involvement in the War of 1812, Jesse, under the command of Stephen Copeland, and Col. General Andrew Jackson, marched on the Creek Indians at the Battle of Horseshoe Bend. It is said that he was also in Florida where the American flag was raised at Pensacola.

According to the Tennessee State Library & Archives, Jesse Reed was a
    Private in the War of 1812. Jesse enlisted January 28, 1814 and served
    under Col. Stephen Copeland, 3rd Regiment Tennessee Militia & Capt.
    William Evans Military Infantry. He left service May 10, 1815.
    During his involvement in the War of 1812, Jesse, under the command of
    Stephen Copeland, and Col. General Andrew Jackson, marched on the Creek
    Indians at the Battle of Horseshoe Bend. It is said that he was also in
    Florida where the American flag was raised at Pensacola. According to
    family tradition, Jesse and Andrew Jackson became friends and when
    Jackson passed through the area on his way to Burksville, Kentucky, he
    visited and stayed with the Reed Family.

We have a personal description of Jesse taken from an affidavit from the War of 1812: According to Mary, when he was drafted, Jesse was over 18 years old, a farmer, born in Virginia, ( 5 1/2 high about) blue eyes, black hair; complexion fair, round shouldered.
    This is regarding my great great great great grandfather Starling Neal (he is of mixed Northern Irish and German ancestry with a little bit of English):

25th Regiment, Tennessee Infantry
    25th Infantry Regiment completed its organization in August, 1861, at Camp Zollicoffer, in Overton County, Tennessee. Its members were recruited in the counties of White, Overton, Putnam, and Jackson. The unit fought at Fishing Creek and Perryville, then was assigned to General B.R. Johnson's Brigade, Army of Tennessee. In November, 1863, it was consolidated with the 44th Regiment. The unit participated in the conflicts at Murfreesboro and Chickamauga, served in the Knoxville operations, then moved to Virginia. Here it saw action at Drewry's Bluff, took its place in the Petersburg trenches, and ended the war at Appomattox Courthouse. In January, 1862, this regiment reported 683 men present for duty, had 55 disabled at Fishing Creek, and suffered 8 casualties at Perryville. It lost thirty-six percent of the 336 at Murfreesboro and thirty-nine percent of the 145 at Chickamauga. The 25th/44th reported 95 casualties of the 259 engaged at Drewry's Bluff. On April 9, 1865, the 25th surrendered 4 officers and 21 men. The field officers were Colonels John M. Hughes and Sidney S. Stanton; Lieutenant Colonels Samuel Davis, George G. Dibrell, R.C. Sanders, Robert B. Snowden; and Majors Josiah H. Bilbrey, William A. Duncan, Samuel H. McCarver, and Timothy H. Williams.

25th Regiment, Tennessee Infantry

No. Soldier Name Company Rank In Rank Out
    1 Neal, A.M.
    F Private Private
    2 Neal, B.J.
    K Private Private
    3 Neal, Benjamin
    K Private Private
    4 Neal, Starling
    H Private Private
    Last edited by cadwallon; 2010-12-12 at 18:08.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cadwallon For This Useful Post:

Aino (2010-12-12), blank slate (2011-05-14), karakoyunlu (2011-05-18), Outlaw (2011-05-20), Semitic Duwa (2010-12-12), warwick (2010-12-12)

QBS Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2012-09-26 @ 21:24
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a2
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    Iberian
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Politics
    Classical Liberalism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    United States

We have a personal description of Jesse taken from an affidavit from the War of 1812: According to Mary, when he was drafted, Jesse was over 18 years old, a farmer, born in Virginia, ( 5 1/2 high about) blue eyes, black hair; complexion fair, round shouldered.
    It always amazes me how short people were back then. I was at the MET in NYC and was looking at armor. It looked like children wore it.

Okay, carry on everyone...

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Papa Anodyne For This Useful Post:

cadwallon (2010-12-12), Jander Sunstar (2013-01-12)

Established Member
    puttin' in yer windies
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    R-DF99
    mtDNA
    H3ap

This is regarding my Cleveland ancestors (I'm related to former President Grover Cleveland through this line):

Passenger ship lists show that Edward Winn, his wife Joanna, his daughters Ann and Elizabeth came to America with their indentured apprentice Moses Cleveland about 1625, disembarking probably at either Boston or Plymouth MA. Edward Winn was a shipbuilder and housewright, Moses was apprenticed as a joiner or carpenter. Indenturing was a common practice with orphaned children in England and other countries, and we can speculate that his brothers were also sold for their keep and to learn a trade not much later. Moses soon worked out his indenture and learned his trade as a carpenter well. He was made a freeman in 1643 in Woburn MA and gained considerable prominence in local politics. On Sept 26, 1648 he married Ann Winn. He soon acquired more land and built a masonry house that became a historical landmark. He was admitted to full communion with the First Church of Charlestown in 1692. ...

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cadwallon For This Useful Post:

Aino (2010-12-12), blank slate (2011-05-14)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    European

Quote Originally Posted by cadwallon View Post
    This is regarding my Cleveland ancestors (I'm related to former President Grover Cleveland through this line):
    Laura Bush is my 7th cousin, as is John McCain (thru the same line).
    Anyway.
    --Voltaire

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to warwick For This Useful Post:

blank slate (2011-05-14), cadwallon (2010-12-12)

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast