User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 78

Thread: Algerians 🇩🇿3599 days old

  1. #21
    QBQ Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2015-01-04 @ 17:51
    Join Date
    2012-02-26
    Posts
    1,504
    Location
    NY
    Gender
    Age
    25
    Race
    Negroid
    Metaethnos
    American
    Ethnicity
    Black American
    Politics
    Authoritarian
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    United States African Union(OAS)

    Default

    Kabyles











    random people







    - - - Updated - - -



  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TerryCarr For This Useful Post:

    Atlas (2013-01-06), BerberWarrior (2013-01-02), moleson (2013-01-05)

  3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot
    Join Date
    2013-03-24
    Location
    ForumBiodiversity.com
    Age
    2010
    Posts
    All threads
       
     

  4. #22
    Regular Member
    Junior Member mujahida's Avatar
    Last Online
    2016-04-28 @ 01:40
    Join Date
    2012-07-04
    Posts
    136
    Location
    Northern Morocco
    Gender
    Race
    Caucasian
    Palestine Palestine Palestine Palestine Palestine

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moleson View Post
    We're 100% negroid.
    you are a hater. Algerians are white caucasians except in the south where live mongrels mixed with africans and arabs from Tunisia and Lybia who are very dark.


    FREEDOM
    FOR GAZA


  5. #23
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2012-08-07
    Posts
    698
    Gender
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Metaethnos
    Levantine
    Ethnicity
    Lost Samaritan
    Politics
    Anarcho-capitalism
    Religion
    Eugenics
    Palestine United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mujahida View Post
    you are a hater. Algerians are white caucasians except in the south where live mongrels mixed with africans and arabs from Tunisia and Lybia who are very dark.
    lol why are you so antagonistic? He was obviously kidding...It's arguable at best if they're "white" (an incredibly vague classification anyways) but yes, many Algerians do have a white complexion (As do many in the Levant)

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to randomguy1235 For This Useful Post:

    moleson (2013-01-05)

  7. #24
    Established Member
    Capsiandude moleson's Avatar
    Last Online
    2019-04-29 @ 16:33
    Join Date
    2009-11-27
    Posts
    389
    Location
    Algeria
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    E-M84
    mtDNA
    L1b1a9
    Religion
    Agnostic Atheist
    GEDmatch
    F141006
    Algeria

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mujahida View Post
    you are a hater. Algerians are white caucasians except in the south where live mongrels mixed with africans and arabs from Tunisia and Lybia who are very dark.
    Please refrain yourself from calling people names,foreigner !
    Discrimination based on skin tone seems to be a Moroccan issue.We don't have it here.

  8. #25
    QBQ Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2015-01-04 @ 17:51
    Join Date
    2012-02-26
    Posts
    1,504
    Location
    NY
    Gender
    Age
    25
    Race
    Negroid
    Metaethnos
    American
    Ethnicity
    Black American
    Politics
    Authoritarian
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    United States African Union(OAS)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mujahida View Post
    you are a hater. Algerians are white caucasians except in the south where live mongrels mixed with africans and arabs from Tunisia and Lybia who are very dark.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to TerryCarr For This Useful Post:

    moleson (2013-01-05)

  10. #26
    Established Member
    CIVIS ROMANVS SVM
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2010-11-06
    Posts
    2,694
    Gender
    Phenotype
    med - MENA
    Religion
    Physics

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moleson View Post
    Please refrain yourself from calling people names,foreigner !
    Discrimination based on skin tone seems to be a Moroccan issue.We don't have it here.
    mujahida is either a troll or a sockpuppet. That person seems to know nothing about the Maghreb, not even Zidane.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tsukonin For This Useful Post:

    moleson (2013-01-05)

  12. #27
    Established Member
    Capsiandude moleson's Avatar
    Last Online
    2019-04-29 @ 16:33
    Join Date
    2009-11-27
    Posts
    389
    Location
    Algeria
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    E-M84
    mtDNA
    L1b1a9
    Religion
    Agnostic Atheist
    GEDmatch
    F141006
    Algeria

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukonin View Post
    mujahida is either a troll or a sockpuppet. That person seems to know nothing about the Maghreb, not even Zidane.
    Thanks for your input
    I just put her on iggy and she magically disappeared into oblivion.

  13. #28
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist BerberWarrior's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2012-03-04
    Posts
    1,225
    Gender
    Amazigh

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moleson View Post
    Ethnic groups

    More than four-fifths of the country is ethnically Arab, though most Algerians are descendents of ancient Amazigh groups who mixed with various invading peoples from the Arab Middle East, southern Europe, and sub-Saharan Africa. Arab invasions in the 8th and 11th centuries brought only limited numbers of new people to the region but resulted in the extensive Arabization and Islamization of the indigenous Amazigh population. Some one-fifth of the Algerians now consider themselves Amazigh, of whom the Kabyle Imazighen (plural of Amazigh), occupying the mountainous area east of Algiers, form the largest group. Other Amazigh groups are the Shawia (Chaou�a), who live primarily in the Aur�s Mountains; the Mʾzabites, a sedentary group descended from the 9th-century Ibāḍī followers of ʿAbd al-Raḥmān ibn Rustam, who inhabit the northern edge of the desert; and the Tuareg nomads of the Saharan Ahaggar region.
    This text was deleted out of wikipedia. First of all we'd have to precise what is ethnically "Arab". Being an Arabic speaker doesn't make you an Arab. It's a much more complicated issue. Identity encompasses much more aspects than just a hybrized language called Darija. Especially considering in Algeria , several large cities are plenty of people who trace ancestry from Berber-speaking regions (for example half of the population of Algiers is already Kabyle) and are Arabic-speakers themselves.

    This goes for some other regions , which were identified by the French as Berber-speaking in the early century but in which today the majority of the people speak Algerian Arabic (French conquest accelerated the Arabization of the country , especially in regions which were 50/50 Berber-Arabic and where Arabic more than often became dominant over the years). This shows the distinction between Arab and Berber spheres are artificials more than anything.

    Any Algerian is free to identify as what ever he wants as long as it makes sense. I know many Arabic speakers who view themselves as arabized Berbers and even more as just Algerians , without going into an ethnic identity crisis.


    nyway a gallery of youth from Algiers ,Oran and Constantine and other cities.
























    [IMG]





























































































































    A few boxers














    Volley ball team (Longond 2012)




















    Last edited by BerberWarrior; 2013-01-05 at 17:15.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BerberWarrior For This Useful Post:

    Atlas (2013-01-06), moleson (2013-01-05)

  15. #29
    Established Member
    Capsiandude moleson's Avatar
    Last Online
    2019-04-29 @ 16:33
    Join Date
    2009-11-27
    Posts
    389
    Location
    Algeria
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    E-M84
    mtDNA
    L1b1a9
    Religion
    Agnostic Atheist
    GEDmatch
    F141006
    Algeria

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BerberWarrior View Post
    This text was deleted out of wikipedia. First of all we'd have to precise what is ethnically "Arab". Being an Arabic speaker doesn't make you an Arab. It's a much more complicated issue. Identity encompasses much more aspects than just a hybrized language called Darija. Especially considering in Algeria , several large cities are plenty of people who trace ancestry from Berber-speaking regions (for example half of the population of Algiers is already Kabyle) and are Arabic-speakers themselves.

    This goes for some other regions , which were identified by the French as Berber-speaking in the early century but in which today the majority of the people speak Algerian Arabic (French conquest accelerated the Arabization of the country , especially in regions which were 50/50 Berber-Arabic and where Arabic more than often became dominant over the years). This shows the distinction between Arab and Berber spheres are artificials more than anything.
    Any Algerian is free to identify as what ever he wants as long as it makes sense. I know many Arabic speakers who view themselves as arabized Berbers and even more as just Algerians , without going into an ethnic identity crisis.
    Things only get complicated for me when I chat with non Algerians and try to explain the situation to them.
    In my hometown people usually ask about my tribal affiliation,but when I travel to other cities I get asked questions like "Which province are you from?"
    The term Arab has three meaning in Algeria.
    1 A person who speaks Arabic.
    2 Local(Algerian),we refer to the Berber new year as Ras Aâm l'arab=The Arab(local) New Year as opposed to Ras aâm enssara= The Christian(western) New Year.
    3 A desert ex: Yeskan fi larab=he lives in the desert(he leads a nomadic life).
    PSnly nomads use "Arab" to refer to the desert.They also use Qifar,Khla,Sahra,Ber...

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to moleson For This Useful Post:

    BerberWarrior (2013-01-06)

  17. #30
    Regular Member
    Junior Member mujahida's Avatar
    Last Online
    2016-04-28 @ 01:40
    Join Date
    2012-07-04
    Posts
    136
    Location
    Northern Morocco
    Gender
    Race
    Caucasian
    Palestine Palestine Palestine Palestine Palestine

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukonin View Post
    mujahida is either a troll or a sockpuppet. That person seems to know nothing about the Maghreb, not even Zidane.
    So if I don't know anything about zidane I can't be a Morrocan? You are a troll, as the other that say that north africans are black. Are we black?

    http://i45.tinypic.com/vio65t.jpg


    FREEDOM
    FOR GAZA


Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Algerians : Who overlap with these ?
    By BerberWarrior in forum Africa
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 2013-12-05, 02:31
  2. Where these particular Algerians can fit?
    By tauromenion in forum Classification Requests
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2012-12-25, 01:00
  3. Sicilians versus Berber Algerians.
    By Pinkpanda93 in forum Guess Ethnicity
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 2011-03-07, 22:32

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
<