User Tag List

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Nikola Tesla: arguably one of the most brilliant scientists in human history3470 days old

Established Member
    Last Online
    2013-09-02 @ 11:30
    Metaethnos
    Slavic
    Politics
    Smash capitalism!
    Serbia coat of arms

Quote Originally Posted by Geto-Thracian View Post
    So, Smilija is not an istro-Romanian village? I think the only thing which was considered "reliable" in any way was that his mother came from a Vlah background.
    Actually, the name of the village is Smiljan not Smilja:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smiljan

The fact that there's even village with the same name in Bulgaria, directly confirms Slavic origin of the name.

I don't know where did you get that info that his mother was Vlach, all I can get is that she was Serb:

Tesla was born to Serbian parents Father Milutin Tesla, a priest in the Serbian Orthodox Church, Metropolitanate of Sremski Karlovci and Đuka Mandić. His paternal origin is thought to be either of one of the local Serb clans in the Tara valley, or from the Herzegovinian noble Pavle Orlović[8] His mother, Đuka, daughter of a Serbian Orthodox Church priest, came from a family domiciled in Lika and Banija, but with deeper origins to Kosovo. She was talented in making home craft tools and memorized many Serbian epic poems, but never learned to read.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla

The spelling I used for that village is the Latin way of spelling it and is not "immaginary"...like most of the region probably had latin-ish names before slavs came.
    All we know are the names Romans recorded due to their rule at that time, but what were the original toponyms, before the Roman conquest is mostly unknown.
    Last edited by Maxim; 2010-03-22 at 18:18.
    La soberanía de un pueblo no se discute, se defiende con el arma en la mano!
    Augusto César Sandino

"...ту бо е[сть] Илурикъ, егоже доходилъ апостолъ Павелъ,
    ту бо бяша СловІни пІрвІе. ТІмьже СловІньску языку учитель есть Павелъ,
    отъ негоже языка и мы есме Pусь..."

Повѣсть времяньныхъ лѣтъ (летопись Нестора)

Sous prétexte d'une étymologie germanique, vous prenez pour la Prusse tel village de Lorraine.
    Les noms de Vienne (Vindobona), de Worms (Borbitomagus), de Mayence (Mogontiacum) sont gaulois; nous ne vous réclamerons jamais ces villes; mais, si un jour les Slaves viennent revendiquer la Prusse proprement dite, la Poméranie, la Silésie, Berlin, par la raison que tous ces noms sont slaves, s'il font sur l'Elbe et sur l'Oder ce que vous avez fait sur la Moselle, s'ils pointent sur la carte les villages obotrites ou vélatabes, qu'aurez-vous à dire?

Ernest Renan 1871

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

QBQ Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2011-01-23 @ 03:24
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Phenotype
    pred. Nordic + Cromag.
    Politics
    nationalist
    Religion
    Srbija Srbima!
    Serbia Serbia coat of arms Montenegro

Yes but you suppressed language, identity and culture. Tesla was surely Vlach or else his name would be Serbian and so would the rrest of his family. How many Serbs are named Tesla? There are many Romanians named Teslea and it is after a profession (construction). Romania's famous aeronautical innovator Henri Coanda (who invented jet power) wrote how he met Tesla and they spoke Romanian together, actually Tesla spoke istro-romanian, a dialect, but they understood each other perfectly. It is an absolute certainty!

Anyway, I know i can't prove it and besides all Serbs are Vlachs mixed with Slavs so it really is a moot point. All i know is that all Serbs were supposed to have Serbicized names after some point. You do know he is from an istro-Romanian village "Similia"...you guys just claim our history like the rest of europe has always done.

I, FE am closer to modern Serbs, by far, than Romanians from Bucharest, lets say.

In reality, he said he was Serb and Serb he was, by nationality, and he lived in Croatia...but at very least, his mother's ethnicity was Vlah.

Basically, we can all claim a piece of this great man, because i think we can all agree-there is more than enough to go around.

Forza Balkanica!
    as guy said below is right! i dont get why you think tesla is not Serb last name maybe not the most common but still they are found. guess if you find any lastname could say its uncommon when looking for individuals with it. well we dont suppress anything again never heard of any incidents but if you stasrt acting like huns, shiptars, gypsys or any other problematic minority willl be treated as such. romanians are Serbia's minority you are supposed to cater to the majority of the country not the other way around. so now to your logic why dont you stop oppressing Serbs in Romania??

Established Member
    Pontificus Minimus Geto-Thracian's Avatar
    Last Online
    2018-06-30 @ 20:26
    P-312*
    mtDNA
    V2
    Race
    Caucasian
    Metaethnos
    Getae
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Phenotype
    Carpathian
    Politics
    Kangaroo court
    Religion
    Richard Dawkins
    Moldova Canada Romania Skull and crossbones Serbia coat of arms

Quote Originally Posted by 1389 View Post
    as guy said below is right! i dont get why you think tesla is not Serb last name maybe not the most common but still they are found. guess if you find any lastname could say its uncommon when looking for individuals with it. well we dont suppress anything again never heard of any incidents but if you stasrt acting like huns, shiptars, gypsys or any other problematic minority willl be treated as such. romanians are Serbia's minority you are supposed to cater to the majority of the country not the other way around. so now to your logic why dont you stop oppressing Serbs in Romania??
    I didn't know we were suppressing Serb language or identity but I wouldn't be opposed to being educated on the topic, unless you are mostly exaggerating.

I don't believe we are a problem minority in any balkan nation and we are in every one of them, sometimes in significant numbers.

The Vlahs are mountain pastoralists since the beggining of the neolithic and are among the innovators of this sort of lifestyle so we are not invaders and have been there longer than anybody else. In fact if it were not for this mountain lifestyle we would never have been able to survive and certainly not have been able to maintain our language.

Our two peoples are brothers and Romania is one of the biggest supporters of the Serbian effort to join the EU, as well as the Serbian position concerning Kosovo. We also did lots to help you during your war effort, even during the NATO bombings. Like I said before the pure Romanians, like myself, are closer to modern Serbs than we are to most modern Romanians. This is an indication, to me, that Serbs are more part "old euros" than they are Slavs.

I love Serbs and Serbia, but I also love the rest of the "yugoslavians". It saddens me that you guys had so much beef with your Croatian brothers. The muslims, I get, but you guys really shot yourselves in the foot by not coming together and building the strongest nation of the Balkans. Balkanization will not make you as strong as you would have been had you stayed together, in my view. You used to be well ahead of Romania in most areas and now you have been overtaken by us.

Tesla was a great man and I am forced to concede you guys have the best claim to him, but we Vlahs are also very proud of him and consider him as part of our family too.
    Man will only be truly free when the last stone from the last church/temple/mosque falls on the last priest/rabbi/imam!

"E Zola"

QBQ Banned
    Last Online
    2010-03-27 @ 21:02
    Ireland Ireland clover Lebanon Germany United States

Tesla was no Serb. He was from western Romania.

Amnesty Member
    Last Online
    2016-07-30 @ 03:36
    Metaethnos
    Celto-Germanic-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Insular French
    Phenotype
    mostly Atlanto-med
    Politics
    French Dictatorship
    Religion
    Atheist
    Skull and crossbones France Canada Quebec

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by SGT.O View Post
    No one said that he is the most brilliant or the most intelligent man in the world?
    His contribution to electricity is of great importance and it is thanks to men like him that society proceeds technologically.
    When speaking about electricity, in general, we must also mention two physicists : Michael Faraday (English) and James Clerk Maxwell (Scottish).
    Last edited by Angevin; 2010-03-23 at 01:46.
    "Religion is the masterpiece of the art of animal training, for it trains people as to how they shall think." --Arthur Schopenhauer

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ---Arthur Schopenhauer

QBQ Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2011-01-23 @ 03:24
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Phenotype
    pred. Nordic + Cromag.
    Politics
    nationalist
    Religion
    Srbija Srbima!
    Serbia Serbia coat of arms Montenegro

I didn't know we were suppressing Serb language or identity but I wouldn't be opposed to being educated on the topic, unless you are mostly exaggerating.

I don't believe we are a problem minority in any balkan nation and we are in every one of them, sometimes in significant numbers.

The Vlahs are mountain pastoralists since the beggining of the neolithic and are among the innovators of this sort of lifestyle so we are not invaders and have been there longer than anybody else. In fact if it were not for this mountain lifestyle we would never have been able to survive and certainly not have been able to maintain our language.

Our two peoples are brothers and Romania is one of the biggest supporters of the Serbian effort to join the EU, as well as the Serbian position concerning Kosovo. We also did lots to help you during your war effort, even during the NATO bombings. Like I said before the pure Romanians, like myself, are closer to modern Serbs than we are to most modern Romanians. This is an indication, to me, that Serbs are more part "old euros" than they are Slavs.

I love Serbs and Serbia, but I also love the rest of the "yugoslavians". It saddens me that you guys had so much beef with your Croatian brothers. The muslims, I get, but you guys really shot yourselves in the foot by not coming together and building the strongest nation of the Balkans. Balkanization will not make you as strong as you would have been had you stayed together, in my view. You used to be well ahead of Romania in most areas and now you have been overtaken by us.

Tesla was a great man and I am forced to concede you guys have the best claim to him, but we Vlahs are also very proud of him and consider him as part of our family too.
    well it seems to be popular now to say that a minority is abused by the country that they live in. it is an EU and american led creation yet the hypocrits dont see themselves.Serbs being abused i was saying that since youre rambling about vlah abuse, as i has stated before i didnt know of any incidents against them. theyve never been attacked, complained about etc.. even by our skins. only problem i heard is with the church they want to have their own orthodox church rather than go to Serb one and they didnt get it. huns actually have signs in their language in vojvodina schools etc.. yet they are the most problematic group in vojvodina. and they should of been expelled like the germans were after WWII. but then again with the idiots we have in power nothing would suprise me that they treat good minority worse than bad one.

Pure romanians are closer to Serbs than modern Romanians what????

Your support for EU not needed or wanted im sorry but i think serbs have had enough of commie unions and EU(SSR) is just that. first mistake creating kingodom of yugoslavia again could of taken a lot of land for ourselves and left croatia and slovenia for the dogs so to speak. second mistake was commies.Have beef with croats well they started it in 1940's or in WWII with the Ustashe and killing like a million Serbs. modern persepctive thats like 1.5-2 million today. but the commie scum named tito and other of those fuckers want peace with the croats or create yugoslavia biggest mistake instead of that we should of taken bosnia, slavonia and all the other land that croatia recieved from Serbia during the first Yugoslav republic and destroyed their country so that it still couldnt recover. and today wed have peace and absolutely no problems and Serbia would probably be 10x better off. why should i like croats when we tried to help them yet they stabbed us in the back and destoryed my country??? So that is my opinion of the other yugoslavs. your ticked at russia for bing imperialistic towards you so what should we say about these "people"???

Banned
    Last Online
    2010-12-22 @ 21:03
    Y-DNA
    -
    mtDNA
    -
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    Slav
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Phenotype
    -
    Politics
    Afro-centrist
    Religion
    Orthodox christianity
    Greece Maniot Russia Serbia coat of arms Sweden Tre Kronor Slovakia

get stop bsing. Romanians and other minorities arent hassled by the serbs. Romanians have like 3 cities in Vojvodina were they govern by themselves in their own language etc etc. Have you ever been to Serbia? Freaking canadian please stop bsing.

Established Member
    Last Online
    2013-09-10 @ 19:28
    Biracial
    Phenotype
    Mestizo
    Politics
    French Revolution
    Religion
    Bonapartism
    Argentina Mexico China Spain traditional Philippines

tesla is definintely on my top 5 scientist in the 20th century with feynman, dirac, oppenheimer and heisenberg.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Surreal For This Useful Post:

rogers (2010-06-28)

Banned
    Last Online
    2010-12-22 @ 21:03
    Y-DNA
    -
    mtDNA
    -
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    Slav
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Phenotype
    -
    Politics
    Afro-centrist
    Religion
    Orthodox christianity
    Greece Maniot Russia Serbia coat of arms Sweden Tre Kronor Slovakia

Nice list there

yeah Tesla was awesome.. He even had some sort of weapon that supposedly caused the quake in New York..

QBQ Banned
    Last Online
    2010-07-14 @ 01:51
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Cromagnid
    Metaethnos
    Slavic Galicia Polska
    Ethnicity
    Polish Catholic
    Phenotype
    Cro Magnon man
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    PolishSlav Nationalist
    Poland Poland Volhynia United States Serbia coat of arms Slovakia

If he was Serbian, why did his name not end with ic? I think he was probably Vlah. Even his family had names which are quite Romance-ish.
    No, It is slavic.

We have the almost same exact name in Poland.

Ciesla.

Pronounced "Tiesla" or rather "Tea-sla"

Like the Polish model in German Claudia Ciesla.

Here is how she pronounces her name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkA4nrwb13o

We have other vowel ending names too. Like Theodor Kaluza. Which Kaluza means Pool in Polish.

Apparently there are some Tesla's in Poland. Might be a Germanized version of Ciesla.
    It is probably similar roots in Serbian. As we as Slavs share alot of similar names & words.

Alicja Tesla, Warszawa
    Piotr Tesla, Warszawa
    Lidia Tesla, Wolow
    # What about Ellis Island?:
    in a one minute I see also few from Poland (as Austria, Galicia in 19th c), for eg:
    Jan Tesla from Lutowiska (from Austria) arrv. 1913 as 28 y old

---------- Post added 2010-06-27 at 23:38 ----------

Tesla was def in the top 5 scientists.

I would say top 1.

Why? Because he beat Thomas Edison in the Current wars & Made a better lightbulb than Edison.

Tesla had better Inventions than did Edison & His Inventions are still advanced by today's standard.

I consider Invention higher than Physcists like Einstein or Newton. For the reason that they use physics to invent something.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PolskiMoc For This Useful Post:

Zupan (2010-06-28)

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast