User Tag List

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31
Results 301 to 305 of 305

Thread: The Tuareg of the Sahara2826 days old

  1. #301
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2014-01-02
    Posts
    802
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaquille View Post
    Do they still enslave blacks?
    Fulani, Mandinka, and Bambara have a caste system how ever in contrast to Tuaregs they have slaves. The Tuaregs have a caste system in which the caste is determined by duties and but not bondage. Also ''caste systems'' exist through out all African tribes.


    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand View Post

    Kinda. Not so much now because of the failed Tuareg rebellion in 2012. If the Malian and Niger governments were smart and had any sense they would arm the slaves and other low castes (lklan/eklan) of the Tuareg and the Arabised Berbers of that region so that they can 'defend' themselves.
    There are really no other Berbers in the region so what are you talking about?


    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand View Post

    Also the Malian and Niger governments should pay a large bounty for any Tuareg and Arabised Berber high caste adult male brought in dead.
    That way:
    1. The Iklan/Eklan get their freedom and stopped being oppressed.
    2. No more Tuareg and Arabised Berber groups starting shit and causing instability in the region.
    The Eklan already have guns and participated in the 2012 rebellion and also see the high caste Tuareg as kin,so why would the Malian government pay these Tuaregs.There are also Caste systems that exists with Fulani,Mandinka and of course Yoruba and Igbo. Caste systems exist virtually in all West African tribes, but the Tuareg caste system believe it or not don't have slaves,are not so cruel, and blatantly inhumane unlike caste systems of West African groups like Igbo.

    Spoiler: 



    https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/...e-of-a-nation/

    So despite all the pretensions of being one, there are Igbos who arrogate to themselves superiority and freedom and who refer to themselves as freeborn or Diala. And there are fellow Igbos whom they refer to as living sacrifices or slaves of the gods or Ume or Ohu Arusi or Osu. And even though the nomenclature ‘Diala’ has so much to do with African traditional religion and is in a sense ‘heathenish‘, many practicing Christians would happily accept ‘Diala’ to distance themselves from the Osu category . Christianity and democracy, properly practiced, cannot accommodate the existence of an Osu.


    Though most slaves then were for transatlantic trade . The Osu, traditionally , didn’t mingle much with others in the society because of their aura of consecration, the Diala didn’t want to risk offending the gods by unrestrained interaction with gods’ devotees. The Osu therefore married from amongst themselves. With the abolition of slavery and the exit of the European slave trader, the Osu population swelled further and they lost their prestige and became an ostracized rather than a consecrated group . Anyone who married an Osu became an Osu as did his offsprings.


    Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/...e-of-a-nation/




    Spoiler: 

    http://research.uni-leipzig.de/eniug..._Modernity.pdf

    It was argued that
    to placate the conquerors, the loser-town would give some of their kith and kin as
    appeasement to the gods and live in the deity’s shrine, and as such became OSU.
    9 Yet, another source traces the genesis of OSU Caste System to the practice of
    offering human sacrifice to deities or gods. 10 This source argues that the people
    offered as sacrifice night not necessarily be murdered to appease the god
    for
    either a wrong they wish to be corrected, or to put a stop to streaks of tragic or
    bad occurrences. It was added that some of them lived and died in the god’s
    shrine. The above represents some of the stories of the institution of OSU Caste
    System in Igbo land OSU and their descendants belong to the gods, and properties
    of the shrines of major deities and for all practical purposes excluded themselves
    from routine engagements with the rest community.




    Spoiler: 

    http://research.uni-leipzig.de/eniug..._Modernity.pdf

    However, the appearance of the ‘white men’ (Europeans) led to a process of social charge
    because many of the customs of indigenous Igbo society were labeled as barbaric.
    13 In the past, some Igbo states engaged in communal wars with the purpose of
    procuring captives and slaves
    . During the Stone Age era, human sacrifices were
    common and slaves were often used for this purpose. According to Elizabeth
    Isiechi, the dead rulers of Ugbo Ukwu were buried together with several slaves as
    sacrifice. 14 In retrospect however, the Tran-Atlantic slave trade contributed to
    the frequency of Inter-Clan wars


    These include, AduEbo,Oruma, Nwani, or Ohualusi. Other appellations are Ume, Ohu, Omoni (OkpuAja),
    of which connote the same thing i.e. the unclean class or slaves.



    More over, there's Mandike and Soninke militia groups such as the MUJAO and Gando Iso that aligned themselves with the Arabized Ansar al Dine and AQIM ( the West Afircan version of A; Quade).

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand View Post


    Alas, that won't happen because Mali and Niger are run by short term thinking el presidentes rather than long term thinking monarchs.
    That won't happen because its not just Tuareg dissident stirring up the problems, I will repeat Mandike groups like the Ganda Iso ,Ganda Koy ,and MUJAWO align themselves with Arab Berber groups like Ansar Al Dine and AQIM(from Algeria). MNLA is another Tuareg militia against

    Also the caste system that happens among Tuaregs has happened for years pertains to the different duties not a nature of servitude.

    Where do you get they black slaves from ? The North African propaganda.
    Last edited by Menelik; 2018-12-06 at 17:52.

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot
    Join Date
    2013-03-24
    Posts
    All threads
       
     

  3. #302
    Established Member
    Junior Member But Cool
    Last Online
    Today @ 00:43
    Join Date
    2012-05-31
    Posts
    2,749
    Location
    Bedford England
    Gender
    Age
    32
    Y-DNA
    E-U174
    mtDNA
    U6a3
    Race
    Sub-Saharan African
    Metaethnos
    Akan/Mande/Igbo
    Ethnicity
    Jamaican
    Phenotype
    Goldwindid Sudanid
    Politics
    Monarchy over Republic
    Religion
    Nunya
    England Jamaica Skull and crossbones

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik View Post
    Fulani, Mandinka, and Bambara have a caste system how ever in contrast to Tuaregs they have slaves. The Tuaregs have a caste system in which the caste is determined by duties and but not bondage. Also ''caste systems'' exist through out all African tribes.
    The Tuareg have slaves, stop being dishonest. They are called Iklan/Eklan. Saying other West African ethnic groups have a caste system is irrelevant.

    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik View Post
    There are really no other Berbers in the region so what are you talking about?
    There are Arabised Berbers across the western Sahara (not the false state but the geographic landscape.

    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik View Post
    The Eklan already have guns and participated in the 2012 rebellion and also see the high caste Tuareg as kin, so why would the Malian government pay these Tuaregs.
    So that they Malian government can spread dischord among the Tuareg. Plus with large bounty for every adult male tuareg slaver and high caste brought in dead it would stop (or at least majorly slow down) those foolish Tuaregs and they'll be less likely to to stir up more shit. I think many Iklan/Eklan would jump at the chance to get paid, defend themselves and fuck up their high caste oppressors.

    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik View Post
    There are also Caste systems that exists with Fulani,Mandinka and of course Yoruba and Igbo. Caste systems exist virtually in all West African tribes, but the Tuareg caste system believe it or not don't have slaves,are not so cruel, and blatantly inhumane unlike caste systems of West African groups like Igbo.

    Spoiler: 



    https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/...e-of-a-nation/

    So despite all the pretensions of being one, there are Igbos who arrogate to themselves superiority and freedom and who refer to themselves as freeborn or Diala. And there are fellow Igbos whom they refer to as living sacrifices or slaves of the gods or Ume or Ohu Arusi or Osu. And even though the nomenclature ‘Diala’ has so much to do with African traditional religion and is in a sense ‘heathenish‘, many practicing Christians would happily accept ‘Diala’ to distance themselves from the Osu category . Christianity and democracy, properly practiced, cannot accommodate the existence of an Osu.


    Though most slaves then were for transatlantic trade . The Osu, traditionally , didn’t mingle much with others in the society because of their aura of consecration, the Diala didn’t want to risk offending the gods by unrestrained interaction with gods’ devotees. The Osu therefore married from amongst themselves. With the abolition of slavery and the exit of the European slave trader, the Osu population swelled further and they lost their prestige and became an ostracized rather than a consecrated group . Anyone who married an Osu became an Osu as did his offsprings.


    Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/...e-of-a-nation/




    Spoiler: 

    http://research.uni-leipzig.de/eniug..._Modernity.pdf

    It was argued that
    to placate the conquerors, the loser-town would give some of their kith and kin as
    appeasement to the gods and live in the deity’s shrine, and as such became OSU.
    9 Yet, another source traces the genesis of OSU Caste System to the practice of
    offering human sacrifice to deities or gods. 10 This source argues that the people
    offered as sacrifice night not necessarily be murdered to appease the god
    for
    either a wrong they wish to be corrected, or to put a stop to streaks of tragic or
    bad occurrences. It was added that some of them lived and died in the god’s
    shrine. The above represents some of the stories of the institution of OSU Caste
    System in Igbo land OSU and their descendants belong to the gods, and properties
    of the shrines of major deities and for all practical purposes excluded themselves
    from routine engagements with the rest community.




    Spoiler: 

    http://research.uni-leipzig.de/eniug..._Modernity.pdf

    However, the appearance of the ‘white men’ (Europeans) led to a process of social charge
    because many of the customs of indigenous Igbo society were labeled as barbaric.
    13 In the past, some Igbo states engaged in communal wars with the purpose of
    procuring captives and slaves
    . During the Stone Age era, human sacrifices were
    common and slaves were often used for this purpose. According to Elizabeth
    Isiechi, the dead rulers of Ugbo Ukwu were buried together with several slaves as
    sacrifice. 14 In retrospect however, the Tran-Atlantic slave trade contributed to
    the frequency of Inter-Clan wars


    These include, AduEbo,Oruma, Nwani, or Ohualusi. Other appellations are Ume, Ohu, Omoni (OkpuAja),
    of which connote the same thing i.e. the unclean class or slaves.

    So what?
    1. The Tuareg still have slaves today. The Igbo don't.
    2. What you wrote and put up really has nothig to do with the fuckery that the Tuareg cause through the region.

    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik View Post
    More over, there's Mandike and Soninke militia groups such as the MUJAO and Gando Iso that aligned themselves with the Arabized Ansar al Dine and AQIM ( the West Afircan version of A; Quade).
    If any body regardless of race, ethnicity, meta-ethnicity etc decides to align with those Muslamic terrorists then they deserve a bullet in the head.


    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik View Post
    That won't happen because its not just Tuareg dissident stirring up the problems, I will repeat Mandike groups like the Ganda Iso ,Ganda Koy ,and MUJAWO align themselves with Arab Berber groups like Ansar Al Dine and AQIM(from Algeria). MNLA is another Tuareg militia against
    For once I agree. However the Tuareg have always stirred shit up in those regions. As for what to do with the Mandinka terrorists and Arabised Berber (the same people that you think aren't in the region!?) Muslamic terrorists. Simple. Blow their brains out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik View Post
    Also the caste system that happens among Tuaregs has happened for years pertains to the different duties not a nature of servitude.
    Repeating BS multiple times doesn't make it true.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik View Post
    Fulani, Mandinka, and Bambara have a caste system how ever in contrast to Tuaregs they have slaves. The Tuaregs have a caste system in which the caste is determined by duties and but not bondage. Also ''caste systems'' exist through out all African tribes.
    The Tuareg have slaves, stop being dishonest. They are called Iklan/Eklan. Saying other West African ethnic groups have a caste system is irrelevant.

    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik View Post
    There are really no other Berbers in the region so what are you talking about?
    There are Arabised Berbers across the western Sahara (not the false state but the geographic landscape.

    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik View Post
    The Eklan already have guns and participated in the 2012 rebellion and also see the high caste Tuareg as kin, so why would the Malian government pay these Tuaregs.
    So that they Malian government can spread dischord among the Tuareg. Plus with large bounty for every adult male tuareg slaver and high caste brought in dead it would stop (or at least majorly slow down) those foolish Tuaregs and they'll be less likely to to stir up more shit. I think many Iklan/Eklan would jump at the chance to get paid, defend themselves and fuck up their high caste oppressors.

    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik View Post
    There are also Caste systems that exists with Fulani,Mandinka and of course Yoruba and Igbo. Caste systems exist virtually in all West African tribes, but the Tuareg caste system believe it or not don't have slaves,are not so cruel, and blatantly inhumane unlike caste systems of West African groups like Igbo.

    Spoiler: 



    https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/...e-of-a-nation/

    So despite all the pretensions of being one, there are Igbos who arrogate to themselves superiority and freedom and who refer to themselves as freeborn or Diala. And there are fellow Igbos whom they refer to as living sacrifices or slaves of the gods or Ume or Ohu Arusi or Osu. And even though the nomenclature ‘Diala’ has so much to do with African traditional religion and is in a sense ‘heathenish‘, many practicing Christians would happily accept ‘Diala’ to distance themselves from the Osu category . Christianity and democracy, properly practiced, cannot accommodate the existence of an Osu.


    Though most slaves then were for transatlantic trade . The Osu, traditionally , didn’t mingle much with others in the society because of their aura of consecration, the Diala didn’t want to risk offending the gods by unrestrained interaction with gods’ devotees. The Osu therefore married from amongst themselves. With the abolition of slavery and the exit of the European slave trader, the Osu population swelled further and they lost their prestige and became an ostracized rather than a consecrated group . Anyone who married an Osu became an Osu as did his offsprings.


    Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/...e-of-a-nation/




    Spoiler: 

    http://research.uni-leipzig.de/eniug..._Modernity.pdf

    It was argued that
    to placate the conquerors, the loser-town would give some of their kith and kin as
    appeasement to the gods and live in the deity’s shrine, and as such became OSU.
    9 Yet, another source traces the genesis of OSU Caste System to the practice of
    offering human sacrifice to deities or gods. 10 This source argues that the people
    offered as sacrifice night not necessarily be murdered to appease the god
    for
    either a wrong they wish to be corrected, or to put a stop to streaks of tragic or
    bad occurrences. It was added that some of them lived and died in the god’s
    shrine. The above represents some of the stories of the institution of OSU Caste
    System in Igbo land OSU and their descendants belong to the gods, and properties
    of the shrines of major deities and for all practical purposes excluded themselves
    from routine engagements with the rest community.




    Spoiler: 

    http://research.uni-leipzig.de/eniug..._Modernity.pdf

    However, the appearance of the ‘white men’ (Europeans) led to a process of social charge
    because many of the customs of indigenous Igbo society were labeled as barbaric.
    13 In the past, some Igbo states engaged in communal wars with the purpose of
    procuring captives and slaves
    . During the Stone Age era, human sacrifices were
    common and slaves were often used for this purpose. According to Elizabeth
    Isiechi, the dead rulers of Ugbo Ukwu were buried together with several slaves as
    sacrifice. 14 In retrospect however, the Tran-Atlantic slave trade contributed to
    the frequency of Inter-Clan wars


    These include, AduEbo,Oruma, Nwani, or Ohualusi. Other appellations are Ume, Ohu, Omoni (OkpuAja),
    of which connote the same thing i.e. the unclean class or slaves.

    So what?
    1. The Tuareg still have slaves today. The Igbo don't.
    2. What you wrote and put up really has nothig to do with the fuckery that the Tuareg cause through the region.

    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik View Post
    More over, there's Mandike and Soninke militia groups such as the MUJAO and Gando Iso that aligned themselves with the Arabized Ansar al Dine and AQIM ( the West Afircan version of A; Quade).
    If any body regardless of race, ethnicity, meta-ethnicity etc decides to align with those Muslamic terrorists then they deserve a bullet in the head.


    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik View Post
    That won't happen because its not just Tuareg dissident stirring up the problems, I will repeat Mandike groups like the Ganda Iso ,Ganda Koy ,and MUJAWO align themselves with Arab Berber groups like Ansar Al Dine and AQIM(from Algeria). MNLA is another Tuareg militia against
    For once I agree. However the Tuareg have always stirred shit up in those regions. As for what to do with the Mandinka terrorists and Arabised Berber (the same people that you think aren't in the region!?) Muslamic terrorists. Simple. Blow their brains out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik View Post
    Also the caste system that happens among Tuaregs has happened for years pertains to the different duties not a nature of servitude.
    Repeating BS multiple times doesn't make it true.

  4. #303
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2014-01-02
    Posts
    802
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand View Post
    The Tuareg have slaves, stop being dishonest. They are called Iklan/Eklan. Saying other West African ethnic groups have a caste system is irrelevant.
    Those are not slaves, and if they were they would not be considered Tuaregs.Tuaregs well tell you this, Tuaregs don't have exogamous system to incorporate a slave in their society.

    These Eklan are relegated to surfdom and other less prestigious jobs,that doesn't make them slaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand View Post
    There are Arabised Berbers across the western Sahara (not the false state but the geographic landscape.
    Western Sahara is no where near or in the influence of Mali(Kidal and Gao) and the Niger area. Those Arabised Berbers you talk of have nothing to do with Tuareg sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand View Post

    So that they Malian government can spread dischord among the Tuareg. Plus with large bounty for every adult male tuareg slaver and high caste brought in dead it would stop (or at least majorly slow down) those foolish Tuaregs and they'll be less likely to to stir up more shit. I think many Iklan/Eklan would jump at the chance to get paid, defend themselves and fuck up their high caste oppressors.
    Why would the Malian government do that when there are many Tuaregs elected officials in the Mali and Niger government? There are Tuaregs that are elected officials and are mayors why is this if they are hated?

    So I ask you why would the Malian government just randomly go out and hunt every Tuareg after what I explained to you?


    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand View Post

    So what?
    1. The Tuareg still have slaves today. The Igbo don't.
    2. What you wrote and put up really has nothig to do with the fuckery that the Tuareg cause through the region.
    Get the fuck out of here. Did you read the article or not ?! The Igbo and other West African tribes do have slaves today. Didn't you go over the part that the Osu clans of Igbo still live like oppressed , trapped in slavery ,are degraded and are even sacrificed.

    Here's a nairland page of Igbos still degrading and revealing the Osu clans still being slaves.

    Unlike the Igbos who do obtain wealth in their society are not elected officials in the country they live in.


    Also the Fulani have slaves today as we speak called Fuuta Jalonke .

    This is what I mean about people like you thinking you're right drawing from wrong info, the whole story of Tuaregs enslaving people comes from other North Africans ,and pea brains like you are dumb enough to believe it.

    https://aeon.co/essays/how-descendan...tised-for-life



    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand View Post


    If any body regardless of race, ethnicity, meta-ethnicity etc decides to align with those Muslamic terrorists then they deserve a bullet in the head.
    Well that pretty much will include most ethnic groups in Mali since because I assure most of these ethnic groups Militias align themselves with AQIM and Ansar Al Dine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand View Post

    For once I agree. However the Tuareg have always stirred shit up in those regions. As for what to do with the Mandinka terrorists and Arabised Berber (the same people that you think aren't in the region!?) Muslamic terrorists. Simple. Blow their brains out.
    SMH they were the ones to go against the French dummy , you mean to tell me you endorse being a good negro to the colonizers now and just bend over taking it ? Shows you how lopsided you are when it comes to making points.

    Arabized is when you speak an Arabic language living with Arabic customs.Arabized is when you and your Arab bretheren gets chased out because you are kindred to Arab Islamist extremist. Please tell me why the Tuareg warriors and officials weren't killed when AQIM was driven out of Kidal during the 2012 rebellion or even why they aren't killed now in Northern mali ?

    Are there Arabs living in Mali yes, just as the same as they are in Ghana and Nigeria, but they have nothing to do with Tuaregs. The Tuareg MNLA are known to clash with the MAA/FLNA.


    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand View Post

    Repeating BS multiple times doesn't make it true.
    Thinking you know about something, doesn't make it true either.
    Last edited by Menelik; 2018-12-07 at 19:16.

  5. #304
    Established Member
    Junior Member But Cool
    Last Online
    Today @ 00:43
    Join Date
    2012-05-31
    Posts
    2,749
    Location
    Bedford England
    Gender
    Age
    32
    Y-DNA
    E-U174
    mtDNA
    U6a3
    Race
    Sub-Saharan African
    Metaethnos
    Akan/Mande/Igbo
    Ethnicity
    Jamaican
    Phenotype
    Goldwindid Sudanid
    Politics
    Monarchy over Republic
    Religion
    Nunya
    England Jamaica Skull and crossbones

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik View Post
    Those are not slaves, and if they were they would not be considered Tuaregs.Tuaregs well tell you this, Tuaregs don't have exogamous system to incorporate a slave in their society.

    These Eklan are relegated to surfdom and other less prestigious jobs,that doesn't make them slaves.


    Western Sahara is no where near or in the influence of Mali(Kidal and Gao) and the Niger area. Those Arabised Berbers you talk of have nothing to do with Tuareg sir.

    Why would the Malian government do that when there are many Tuaregs elected officials in the Mali and Niger government? There are Tuaregs that are elected officials and are mayors why is this if they are hated?

    So I ask you why would the Malian government just randomly go out and hunt every Tuareg after what I explained to you?



    Get the fuck out of here. Did you read the article or not ?! The Igbo and other West African tribes do have slaves today. Didn't you go over the part that the Osu clans of Igbo still live like oppressed , trapped in slavery ,are degraded and are even sacrificed.

    Here's a nairland page of Igbos still degrading and revealing the Osu clans still being slaves.

    Unlike the Igbos who do obtain wealth in their society are not elected officials in the country they live in.


    Also the Fulani have slaves today as we speak called Fuuta Jalonke .

    This is what I mean about people like you thinking you're right drawing from wrong info, the whole story of Tuaregs enslaving people comes from other North Africans ,and pea brains like you are dumb enough to believe it.

    https://aeon.co/essays/how-descendan...tised-for-life





    Well that pretty much will include most ethnic groups in Mali since because I assure most of these ethnic groups Militias align themselves with AQIM and Ansar Al Dine.



    SMH they were the ones to go against the French dummy , you mean to tell me you endorse being a good negro to the colonizers now and just bend over taking it ? Shows you how lopsided you are when it comes to making points.

    Arabized is when you speak an Arabic language living with Arabic customs.Arabized is when you and your Arab bretheren gets chased out because you are kindred to Arab Islamist extremist. Please tell me why the Tuareg warriors and officials weren't killed when AQIM was driven out of Kidal during the 2012 rebellion or even why they aren't killed now in Northern mali ?

    Are there Arabs living in Mali yes, just as the same as they are in Ghana and Nigeria, but they have nothing to do with Tuaregs. The Tuareg MNLA are known to clash with the MAA/FLNA.




    Thinking you know about something, doesn't make it true either.
    Wow! Even for you, this whole rebuttal is terrible. Routinely deny that the Tuareg having slaves, even to this very day.
    Don't tell me. North African Propaganda!?

    The reason why the Malian government doesn't get rid of do something proper about the Tuareg is because they are stupid and weak. It's not like the Tuareg of Mali have had 4 rebellions since Malian independance... Wait a minute:
    Tuareg rebellion (1962–1964)
    Tuareg rebellion (1990–1995)
    Tuareg rebellion (2007–2009)
    Tuareg rebellion (2012)
    Hold on... Is this all just North African propaganda!?

    The Tuareg that don't or didn't rebel should be left alone. Simple.

    You go on about how Arabised Berbers don't have anything to do with the Tuaregs. Yet the 2012 Tuareg Rebellion had plenty of Arabs in their ranks. Also they sided with Muslamic terrorists as well... It didn't last as the Muslamics turned on the Tuareg.
    It's also hilarious that you say other ethnic groups have slavery too. Yet what does that have to do with the Tuareg?
    Oh don't tell me, I've brought into North African propaganda, right!?

    You can have the last word, dumbarse. I won't reply to what you have to say next. I will laugh at it though because it'll be hilariously dumb and dishonest.
    Last edited by Iron Hand; 2018-12-07 at 21:15.

  6. #305
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2014-01-02
    Posts
    802
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand View Post
    Wow! Even for you, this whole rebuttal is terrible. Routinely deny that the Tuareg having slaves, even to this very day.
    Don't tell me. North African Propaganda!?
    You think you know but you have no idea. The Ikelan are mostly Nilotic origin , Tuaregs are not going to allow non-Tuaregs into their tribe so its ridiculous to say they have slaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand View Post
    The reason why the Malian government doesn't get rid of do something proper about the Tuareg is because they are stupid and weak. It's not like the Tuareg of Mali have had 4 rebellions since Malian independance... Wait a minute:
    Tuareg rebellion (1962–1964)
    Tuareg rebellion (1990–1995)
    Tuareg rebellion (2007–2009)
    Tuareg rebellion (2012)
    Hold on... Is this all just North African propaganda!?
    Yep, you may have a point about the Mali government being stupid and weak, but the Tuareg have also been rebelling against French not just the Malian government.The Tuaregs know the Malian government has been a puppet of the French.

    But you don't seem to understand that Malian government has been oppressive to Tuaregs and pleaded with the Malian government time and time again before the rebellion to change their callous and negligent administration in the territory. Actually the Malian government is oppressive to all the ethnic groups with in the country ,some groups like the Mandinke and Fulani have even aided the Islamist rebels,as opposed to some Tuareg militias that had to fight all 3 the government supporters of the splintered military, roving rebels and Islamacist invading.

    So who is really to blame?

    It was actually the Maliam military protesting the government of Mali that set off the 2012 rebellion,not Tuaregs.You being so ignorant of matters wouldn't know that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand View Post

    The Tuareg that don't or didn't rebel should be left alone. Simple.
    As I said above , it wasn't just the Tuareg , it was the Malian army that protested the Amade Toumani Toure. The Malian military didn't like how they mishandled the force for the protests in Northern.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amadou_Toumani_Tour%C3%A9

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Mali_conflict

    As a matter of fact the predominantly Ganda Koy (Mandinke rebels) and MUJAO(predominantly Fulani and West African) assisted the dissidents of Malian military. So much like you said,one would probably have to eliminate Mandike ,Songhai,and Fulani (which compose a large part of the Mali population) if they want to get rid of the few Tuaregs collaborating. But you said it plain as day to round up every Tuareg male which shows how racist you are.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand View Post

    You go on about how Arabised Berbers don't have anything to do with the Tuaregs. Yet the 2012 Tuareg Rebellion had plenty of Arabs in their ranks. Also they sided with Muslamic terrorists as well... It didn't last as the Muslamics turned on the Tuareg.
    There many quite a few military organizations for Tuaregs but the major forces at the time were Al-Mourabitoun with its ally Ansar Al Dine ,FLNA; the Ansar al-Dine faction is mostly Tuareg but AQIM and Al-Mourabitoun are composed of North Afrians ,Tuaregs and Arabs from other countries. How ever AQIMS major enemy was the Tuareg based MNLA which mostly kicked out the AQIM ,Al-Mourabitoun ,and AQIM. MNLA ironically had to assist the French Foreign Legion in doingthis.

    MNLA was cheered by Songhai,Mandinke,and other Northern Malians, for ousting these Arab Muslim extremists.

    The MNLA and their other allies went up against these Arab groups like FLNA and FAA, and drove them out name a non-Tuareg group do this.

    But there are not Arabs the MNLA ranks.

    On the other hand the mostly Fulani MUJAO were helping and assisting these Arabs and Islamic extremists in the Western Sahara ,Mali,Niger and Nigeria. The command for MUJAO and Ganda Koy like AQIM.



    The Movement for Oneness and Jihad in West Africa (MOJWA) broke with Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) in mid-2011 with the alleged goal of spreading jihad further into areas of West Africa that were not within the scope of AQIM. Some analysts believe that the split of the Black African-led MOJWA is a consequence of the Algerian predominance on AQIM's leadership.[6]

    Spoiler: 


    The first appearance of the Movement for Oneness and Jihad in West Africa was on 22 October 2011, when the group kidnapped three western aid workers from the Sahrawi refugee camps in Tindouf, Algeria. The Polisario Front, which administers the refugee camps, initially blamed AQIM. MOJWA released in December a video of the abducted Italian and Spanish women as well as a Spanish man, demanding 30 million euros for their release. The three hostages were freed in July 2012 in exchange for $18 million and the release of three Islamists.[15][16] On 3 March 2012, MOJWA claimed responsibility for a suicide car bombing at a paramilitary police base in Tamanrasset that resulted in injuries to 10 soldiers and one civilian, some of whom were in serious condition.[3]
    After warning that it would attack French targets for their role in attacking northern Mali, MOJWA were suspected of carrying out two car bombings in Niger on 23 May 2013.[17] In March 2014, Mailian military sources reported that Omar Ould Hamaha and Abu Walid Sahraoui had been killed by a French air strike in the northeast.[14] Reports of Sahraoui's death were later proven false.[18]



    The actually went into the Western Sahara with the backing of AQIM and assisted with kidnappings behest of AQIMs and Al Qaeda, don't blame that on Tuaregs .


    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand View Post


    It's also hilarious that you say other ethnic groups have slavery too. Yet what does that have to do with the Tuareg?
    Oh don't tell me, I've brought into North African propaganda, right!?
    Yea because you being the know-it-all really doesn't know what you are talking about. Tuaregs actually don't have slaves because they don't need to.

    Just because the Ikelan domestic serfs doesn't make them slaves .They also often live in communities separated from other castes, your own quote says it. And if they are slaves why hasn't people from these ethnic groups come fore ward to talk about like they have done with Dinka in Sudan, smuggled immigrants in Libya and oh yes Osu clans of Igbos in Nigeria?



    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand View Post

    You can have the last word, dumbarse.
    No but you can have the last pill of Tylenol acting like you're on your period.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31

Similar Threads

  1. Y chromosomes of Libyan Tuareg
    By jibarodepr in forum Africa
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2011-02-19, 01:44
  2. The Tuareg: A colorful tribe
    By Doctoris Scientia in forum Africa
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2010-07-19, 23:35
  3. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 2010-05-14, 02:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
<