User Tag List

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 191

Thread: Kazan Tatars (Tatarstan, Russia, CIS states)3621 days old

  1. #1
    Established Member
    Immunologist
    Last Online
    2017-10-14 @ 17:27
    Join Date
    2009-10-23
    Posts
    597
    Location
    NYC Metro Area
    Gender
    Age
    34
    Race
    Europoid
    Phenotype
    Atlantid
    Metaethnos
    Germanic and Romance
    Ethnicity
    Cajun and Scandinavian
    Phenotype
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Politics
    Brutal Pragmatism
    Religion
    Kiss my ass!
    Finland Norway France United States

    Default Kazan Tatars (Tatarstan, Russia, CIS states)

    The first settlements in the territory of the Republic of Tatarstan date back to Palaeolithic period (about 100,000 years ago). In the 8th - 9th centuries, the tribes of ancient Bulgars, ancestors of the modern Tatars, began to populate the Volga region . The first state - the Volga-Kama Bulgaria - was set up at the end of the 9th - beginning of the 10th centuries which was the first feudal state in the north-eastern Europe. In 922, Islam was established as a state religion (see Historical Memory of the Tatar Ethnic Group by Flura ZIYATDINOVA and Islam's Northern Mecca by Jamil MUHAMETSHIN). The Bulgar mosques and medreces (Muslim clerical schools) spread knowledge and culture in the neighbouring regions.


    In the 13th century, the territory of the Volga-Kama Bulgaria was annexed to the Empire of Chenghiz-Khan and then became a part of powerful Zolotaya Orda (Golden Hord) State. The collapse of the Golden Hord in the thirties-forties of the 14th century resulted in formation of a number of new states including the Kazan Khanate. Kazan became the capital of the newly formed state. The Kazan Khanate ceased its existence in October 1552, after two-month siege when troops of Ivan 4 (the Terrible), numbering 150,000 people, conquered Kazan.

    @Republic of Tatarstan
    Photos:










    Tatar actress Chulpan Khamatova




    Late Tatar actor Gaziz Aidarskii


    Website from which some photos were obtained

    Websites:
    http://www.kcn.ru/tat_en/history/capital.html
    http://mesharpe.metapress.com/app/ho...lts,1:110900,1
    http://www.springerlink.com/content/q31r06807u1w2uq5/
    Paper about Turkic linguistics, in particular the Chuvash. Included because it also mentions the relations with the Tatars.

    (I had difficulty finding genetic studies and papers focusing solely on Kazan Tatars. There are, however, plenty of efforts regarding linguistics.)

  2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Saif ad-Dhib For This Useful Post:

    Awall (2011-01-13), Freewheel (2010-12-20), IstenmeyenTuy (2010-07-12), Kate Senatskaya (2012-12-20), krotx (2009-10-26), Luckybastard (2011-04-26), sean (2011-02-05), Una (2012-02-22)

  3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot
    Join Date
    2013-03-24
    Location
    ForumBiodiversity.com
    Age
    2010
    Posts
    All threads
       
     

  4. #2
    Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist Snowelf's Avatar
    Last Online
    2011-06-20 @ 19:51
    Join Date
    2009-10-25
    Posts
    501
    Location
    Russia
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    father's N1b
    mtDNA
    W3
    Russia Tatar Russia

    Default

    What about geography? Kazan Tatars live in European part of Russia. It has been cleared out in the former AF.

    Last edited by Snowelf; 2009-10-25 at 20:34.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowelf For This Useful Post:

    Enlightener (2011-08-28)

  6. #3
    Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist Snowelf's Avatar
    Last Online
    2011-06-20 @ 19:51
    Join Date
    2009-10-25
    Posts
    501
    Location
    Russia
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    father's N1b
    mtDNA
    W3
    Russia Tatar Russia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saif ad-Dhib View Post
    I had difficulty finding genetic studies and papers focusing solely on Kazan Tatars. There are, however, plenty of efforts regarding linguistics.)
    Kazan Tatars (Tambets 2004) - main Y-haplogroups

    R1a - 34%
    R1b - 8,7%
    N2 -4,8%
    N3 - 18,3%
    I1a - 0,8%
    I1b - 2,4%
    J2 - 10,5%
    E3b -2,4%

  7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Snowelf For This Useful Post:

    alistair (2019-02-08), Cinnabar (2009-10-25), Enlightener (2011-08-28), Maxim (2010-03-25), Nephilim (2010-03-24), Semitic Duwa (2010-12-16), Svin (2010-03-24)

  8. #4
    Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist Snowelf's Avatar
    Last Online
    2011-06-20 @ 19:51
    Join Date
    2009-10-25
    Posts
    501
    Location
    Russia
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    father's N1b
    mtDNA
    W3
    Russia Tatar Russia

    Default

    All Tatars belong to several different anthrotypes - it's rather difficult to point out the only-one typical Tatar look: they look like North-Europeans, Mideterreanians, Turanids, Baitids, Alpinids....

    Some my clips introducing all possible Tatar types.

    Guys
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCEqihyMaUc

    Girls
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6TImG1xyOU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeIRC1dcltE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvSDyerxlmY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX9O75xuX1M
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHjPIM1iBfg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiUEK6Z4fzI

    Models
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9BvTEx_IFg

    Different representatives of Tatar people
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnMKB3kSdj8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er4BD84VQcg

  9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Snowelf For This Useful Post:

    alistair (2019-02-08), Enlightener (2011-08-28), Nephilim (2010-03-24), Saif ad-Dhib (2009-10-25), sturmgewehr (2010-03-08), Svin (2010-03-24)

  10. #5
    Established Member
    Peace through power Azvarohi's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2009-10-25
    Posts
    2,435
    Location
    Middle Paleolithic
    Gender
    Metaethnos
    Neanderthal
    Phenotype
    Archaic
    Politics
    Cros before hoes
    Religion
    Feet first into hell

    Default

    Thread moved to European section of Human Variation

    /Mod

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Azvarohi For This Useful Post:

    alistair (2019-02-08)

  12. #6
    Established Member
    Conspiracy Realist
    Last Online
    2019-06-13 @ 23:50
    Join Date
    2009-10-23
    Posts
    1,595
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a1
    mtDNA
    H1
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Russia

    Default

    came across some pictures of Tatar kids from Kazan




  13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to voron For This Useful Post:

    alistair (2019-02-08), Enlightener (2011-08-28), Nephilim (2010-03-24), Snowelf (2009-10-30)

  14. #7
    Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist Wojewoda's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:23
    Join Date
    2009-10-24
    Posts
    6,627
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    I1 Z63+ S2078+ L1237-
    mtDNA
    U3a1a
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Poland

    Default

    Hey Snowelf, how did you manage to have a photo with my cat?!


    Quote Originally Posted by Snowelf View Post
    Kazan Tatars (Tambets 2004) - main Y-haplogroups

    R1a - 34%
    R1b - 8,7%
    N2 -4,8%
    N3 - 18,3%
    I1a - 0,8%
    I1b - 2,4%
    J2 - 10,5%
    E3b -2,4%
    The sum of these numbers is 81.9%. Do you know the remaining 18.1%?

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Wojewoda For This Useful Post:

    alistair (2019-02-08)

  16. #8
    Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist Snowelf's Avatar
    Last Online
    2011-06-20 @ 19:51
    Join Date
    2009-10-25
    Posts
    501
    Location
    Russia
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    father's N1b
    mtDNA
    W3
    Russia Tatar Russia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wojewoda View Post
    Hey Snowelf, how did you manage to have a photo with my cat?!
    It just means we both are black cats fans!

    The sum of these numbers is 81.9%. Do you know the remaining 18.1%?
    Good question!
    I could find only these data in Tambets tables. Maybe they were declined to study these special ones?
    Well I looked for the rest haplos and found this:



    KT - Kazan Tatars.
    I see some K, G, F, С,D haplogroups there.
    Last edited by Snowelf; 2009-10-26 at 19:51.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snowelf For This Useful Post:

    Saif ad-Dhib (2009-11-07), Wojewoda (2009-10-26)

  18. #9
    Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist Snowelf's Avatar
    Last Online
    2011-06-20 @ 19:51
    Join Date
    2009-10-25
    Posts
    501
    Location
    Russia
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    father's N1b
    mtDNA
    W3
    Russia Tatar Russia

    Default

    Some special and random pictures of Kazan Tatars.

































    Some famous half Tatars






  19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Snowelf For This Useful Post:

    Cail (2009-10-26), Cinnabar (2009-10-26), Enlightener (2011-08-28), Nephilim (2009-11-07), Saif ad-Dhib (2009-11-26), Svin (2010-03-24)

  20. #10
    Established Member
    One badass monkey Cail's Avatar
    Last Online
    2013-09-15 @ 00:29
    Join Date
    2009-10-23
    Posts
    1,129
    Gender
    Age
    31
    Metaethnos
    Corded Ware
    Lithuania Grand Duchy European Union Italy

    Default


    This one looks A LOT like my grandfather, who is Polish-Belorussian.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cail For This Useful Post:

    Nephilim (2009-11-07), Snowelf (2009-10-30)

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
<