Mestizo
    Politics
    French Revolution
    Religion
    Bonapartism
    Argentina Mexico China Spain traditional Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by amenoameno View Post
    If all races mix there wont be racism
    To die is nothing... but to live and not do what u really love to be doing is to die everyday.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Doggerlandic
    Ethnicity
    South Norse
    Phenotype
    Kostenkioid
    Politics
    Relativism
    Religion
    None
    Denmark Viking Finland Spain Castile

Wow, why is such an obvious article in Scientific American? It's common that animals mistrust outsiders, especially those that live in groups. Nothing new at all. It's more of a rule than an exception.

Even a slightly odd behavior can trigger an attack, which is common knowledge of the people who sedate animals in the wild, for various purposes - the odd behavior just before they collapse is enough for other animals of the same species to attack.

However, it has nothing to do with the concept of races. I can't understand why there have been so many studies lately where either the press, or scientists themselves are anthropomorphizing animal behavior, or seemingly interpret various aspects of ancient man within a unrelated modern concept (like racism).

There have never been a situation like today anywhere in the past history of man, where people can go wherever they want in a matter of hours. There have never been a situation like today, whether among humans or animals. In the case of the monkeys, it's individual monkeys who they just don't recognize. Race has nothing to do with it.

The animals in the study are not Humans, and therefore there's no real reason to assume that our behavior is the same as those monkeys, to whom we're not even closely related. There are different species of monkeys who lead completely different lifestyles.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JaM For This Useful Post:

aBonner (2011-04-12), KiwiB (2019-06-28), Menelik (2019-07-11), SirKnowAlot (2011-04-10)

Established Member
    Last Online
    2013-01-22 @ 20:20
    African
    Ethnicity
    AfriKAN
    Phenotype
    Sexy
    Politics
    Free Love
    Religion
    The Most High
    Nigeria United States

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    Wow, why is such an obvious article in Scientific American? It's common that animals mistrust outsiders, especially those that live in groups. Nothing new at all. It's more of a rule than an exception.

Even a slightly odd behavior can trigger an attack, which is common knowledge of the people who sedate animals in the wild, for various purposes - the odd behavior just before they collapse is enough for other animals of the same species to attack.

However, it has nothing to do with the concept of races. I can't understand why there have been so many studies lately where either the press, or scientists themselves are anthropomorphizing animal behavior, or seemingly interpret various aspects of ancient man within a unrelated modern concept (like racism).

There have never been a situation like today anywhere in the past history of man, where people can go wherever they want in a matter of hours. There have never been a situation like today, whether among humans or animals. In the case of the monkeys, it's individual monkeys who they just don't recognize. Race has nothing to do with it.

The animals in the study are not Humans, and therefore there's no real reason to assume that our behavior is the same as those monkeys, to whom we're not even closely related. There are different species of monkeys who lead completely different lifestyles.
    Agreed. The whole time I was reading the article, i was thinking there is no way this correlatates with humans...i thought i was the only one thinking that lol
    Suck my thoughts, and swallow my knowledge....BITCH!

Established Member
    Last Online
    2019-07-15 @ 00:30
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    American
    Phenotype
    Nordo-Cromagnid
    Politics
    Paleoconservatism
    Religion
    Christian
    Viking Norway Denmark Netherlands United States

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist ApostateAbe's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:46
    T
    mtDNA
    T2b
    Race
    Europoid
    Ethnicity
    White American
    Politics
    Libertarianish
    Religion
    no religion
    United States

The study and this thread were published in 2011, and the study was retracted in 2014 because of a calculation error. It would be a surprise if it was not true. Any race violently competes with every other race within any species. Racism is the biological norm. Anti-racism seems entirely unique to the white race of humans.

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2019-07-04 @ 14:16

Quote Originally Posted by ApostateAbe View Post
    The study and this thread were published in 2011, and the study was retracted in 2014 because of a calculation error. It would be a surprise if it was not true. Any race violently competes with every other race within any species. Racism is the biological norm. Anti-racism seems entirely unique to the white race of humans.
    Whites are the most notorious perpetrators of racism.

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Male relatives J1c3
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Metaethnos
    Métis-Souriquois
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Politics
    Shawinigan Handshake
    Religion
    Atheist
    Canada Canada Acadia Canada Quebec Basque Faroe Islands Viking

“Monkeys do it too” is hardly a justification for racism.

And there is a difference between in-group preference, which everyone has, and racism anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by amenoameno View Post
    If all races mix there wont be racism
    LOL people would still find something to fight about.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue. - Acadian proverb

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist ApostateAbe's Avatar
    Last Online
    T
    mtDNA
    T2b
    Race
    Europoid
    Ethnicity
    White American
    Politics
    Libertarianish
    Religion
    no religion
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Roseai View Post
    Whites are the most notorious perpetrators of racism.
    "Most notorious" because it is nearly the sole focus of any talk of racism in the popular culture, but racism has prevailed in all cultures across time.

Race Scientist
    Last Online
    2019-06-26 @ 22:14
    Ethnicity
    caucasian
    United States

The greater the level of similarity 2 people share in terms of things like ethnic group, appearance, education, economic class, social skills, tastes and values, the more likely those individuals will form an interpersonal relationship.
    The greater the level of dis-similarity between 2 individuals, the less likely it is that those individuals will form an interpersonal relationship.
    Human beings have an inate tendency to be tribal and to form groups with people like themselves. This is one of the reasons humans have survived in harsh times.
    Scientists use a number called "Dunbars number" to optimize the size of a social group. This is the number of stable social relationships a person can maintain along with the size of their neo-cortex. The maximun number is believed to be 150 people that a person can maintain a relationship with. The larger a social group becomes, the less likely it is that a member will feel connected to the group. Over 150 and they tend to split into 2 groups. This is called the bystander effect. Dunbars # is found in all societies.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to perception For This Useful Post:

KiwiB (2019-06-28)

Molecular Biologist DracoSentien's Avatar
    Last Online
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z253 >Z6749.1
    mtDNA
    Queen Victoria's H
    Race
    Caucasian
    Metaethnos
    Anglo
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Phenotype
    Atlantid
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    pantheist
    United States United Kingdom Scotland Canada Weed Flag New Zealand Australia

Quote Originally Posted by DragonRouge View Post
    “Monkeys do it too” is hardly a justification for racism.

And there is a difference between in-group preference, which everyone has, and racism anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL people would still find something to fight about.
    You are not my kind Miss Froggy.

Racism: The desire to live, work, marry and mingle with one's own kind: A nearly-universal desire and virtual law of nature, often expressed as 'Birds of a feather flock together', and denied only by liberals who live and work in areas much too expensive to have any more than a token number of minorities. Racism is so ingrained and universal that it is reflected not once but twice in our language: The word kind (type) and kind (nice) have the same origin, as does the word like (similar) and like (appreciate), from which we infer that we like those whom we are like, and we are kind to those of our own kind.

Prejudice is a big stumbling block for whites because whites are familiar with others who are nice people they illogically linearly project this onto the whole group which prevents them from seeing minorities impinging upon the white race.

It is simple when you have enough information on individuals you don't have to be racist/prejudiced but when you do you have to rely on the latter. Suppose I was hiring for a job. As the manager I have a black candidate that has a good education, no criminal record and a good work history. I would definitely hire him but if you did not have all that information then knowing blacks commit crimes at 9 times of whites then you would not hire him. It is pretty simple miss froggy frog.
    "I am inherently gloomy about the prospect of Africa” because “all our social policies are based on the fact that their intelligence is the same as ours, whereas all the testing says, not really.” -- James Watson (founding father of modern genetics).

"Give me a lever long enough to stand on I can lift the world"--Archimedes (if you don't understand the not literal meaning of that comment then you are innumerate most likely)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2