User Tag List

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: Are Negrid genes really that dominant?3262 days old

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @

Quote Originally Posted by eggyolk View Post
    Can I see those reports? I've never seen Turks scoring SSA.

No problem.

https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-...past-1.5460354

Our results showed that genetic variation within Turkey clusters with European populations, while showing signatures of admixture from African and East Asian populations, consistent with influence of potential North African interactions and Altaic admixture. Based on our analysis of SNPs reported in GWAS studies that show the highest frequency differences between Turkey and European populations, we find SNPs associated with pigmentation and cholesterol level.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/afr...n-empire-69858

Once upon a time, there may have been as many as 3 million blacks in present-day Turkey, but today only 4,500-5000 remain in the Aegean and Mediterranean areas.

https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-...past-1.5460354

At the peak of the slave trade to the Ottoman Empire, as many as 15,000 to 18,000 Africans were brought over every year. A large number came from West Africa, passing through Agadez in Niger; those from Eastern Africa made the perilous journey across the Sahara before being shipped to the Ottoman Empire. For centuries Agadez has been the departure point for those making the difficult and dangerous passage across the Sahara. According to the International Organization for Migration, approximately 120,000 to 150,000 individuals departed from Agadez en route to Europe in 2016. Many never make it across the Sahara, falling off the back of trucks or dying of starvation or dehydration after their convoys get lost traveling on the unpaved routes in the desert.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Menelik For This Useful Post:

Power77 (2018-07-09)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Race Scientist
    Last Online
    2018-12-12 @ 17:42
    J-M67
    mtDNA
    R0a2
    Race
    West Eurasian
    Metaethnos
    Turkic + Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Turk + Kurd
    Phenotype
    Irano-CM + Turanid
    Turkey Kurdistan

Quote Originally Posted by Menelik View Post
    No problem.

I can't see the study. The two other sources don't mean anything. Turks don't score SSA. Not on any official DNA testing platform neither on Gedmatch.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, that source is horseshit. Iraqis scoring more Mongoloid than Turks, lmao

5. The Following User Says Thank You to eggyolk For This Useful Post:

Power77 (2018-07-09)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @

I can't see the study. The two other sources don't mean anything. Turks don't score SSA. Not on any official DNA testing platform neither on Gedmatch.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, that source is horseshit. Iraqis scoring more Mongoloid than Turks, lmao
    Turks do have SSA, the Gedmatch tests means nothing it’s just a shufffling of DNA actually ,on GEDmatch it’s not uncommon for Diasporan Blacks to get Turkish,South Asian,Oceania ,or something.Gedmatch is a joke.

Many peer review studies show that Turks have SSA ,as well as other East Asian populations. Their background is quite diverse.

Here is one study I thought I posted but didn’t show up.

https://bmcgenomics.biomedcentral.co...71-2164-15-963
    Our results showed that genetic variation within Turkey clusters with European populations, while showing signatures of admixture from African and East Asian populations,consistent with influence of potential North African interactions and Altaic admixture. Based on our analysis of SNPs reported in GWAS studies that show the highest frequency differences between Turkey and European populations, we find SNPs associated with pigmentation and cholesterol level.

Last edited by Menelik; 2018-07-08 at 19:49.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Menelik For This Useful Post:

Power77 (2018-07-09)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    L3f1b
    Metaethnos
    Senegambia
    Ethnicity
    Kriolu
    Phenotype
    South Saharid Kriola
    Cape Verde African Union(OAS) Guinea-Bissau Senegal

edit..not worth discussing
    Last edited by stala; 2018-07-08 at 22:28.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to stala For This Useful Post:

Power77 (2018-07-09)

Race Scientist
    Last Online
    J-M67
    mtDNA
    R0a2
    Race
    West Eurasian
    Metaethnos
    Turkic + Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Turk + Kurd
    Phenotype
    Irano-CM + Turanid
    Turkey Kurdistan

Turks do have SSA, the Gedmatch tests means nothing it’s just a shufffling of DNA actually ,on GEDmatch it’s not uncommon for Diasporan Blacks to get Turkish,South Asian,Oceania ,or something.Gedmatch is a joke.

Many peer review studies show that Turks have SSA ,as well as other East Asian populations. Their background is quite diverse.

Here is one study I thought I posted but didn’t show up.
    >SSA
    > North African

pick one

And I never specified Gedmatch populations, that shit is irrelevant for the most part. Turks do not statistically score SSA.

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @

>SSA
    > North African

pick one

And I never specified Gedmatch populations, that shit is irrelevant for the most part. Turks do not statistically score SSA.
    I’ am talking about SSA what else would I be speaking of and it states that in the DNA review ,sadly it reports Horner genetic traces as well asWest African.You also see it in the map I posted on top.There are also uniparental SSA markers in Turkey as well.

If Gedmatch is irrelevant why did you bring it up sir?
    Don’t blame me blame the Ottoman slave trade.

Race Scientist
    Last Online
    J-M67
    mtDNA
    R0a2
    Race
    West Eurasian
    Metaethnos
    Turkic + Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Turk + Kurd
    Phenotype
    Irano-CM + Turanid
    Turkey Kurdistan

I’ am talking about SSA what else would I be speaking of and it states that in the DNA review ,sadly it reports Horner genetic traces as well asWest African.You also see it in the map I posted on top.There are also uniparental SSA markers in Turkey as well.

If Gedmatch is irrelevant why did you bring it up sir?
    Don’t blame me blame the Ottoman slave trade.
    You seem to have reading difficulties. I said Gedmatch populations. The best use of Gedmatch is the percentages received in each category. And no, the only explanation in that study is in that one single section about North Africans, which is probably just the Mediterranean connection. Most Turks who went to North Africa and mixed with the local Maghrebi population stayed there, which is why such a large population of Maghrebis have Turk descent. Even in the conclusive results section, nothing is stated about Africa.

Results
    We show that the genetic variation of the contemporary Turkish population clusters with South European populations, as expected, but also shows signatures of relatively recent contribution from ancestral East Asian populations.

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @

You seem to have reading difficulties. I said Gedmatch populations. The best use of Gedmatch is the percentages received in each category. And no, the only explanation in that study is in that one single section about North Africans, which is probably just the Mediterranean connection. Most Turks who went to North Africa and mixed with the local Maghrebi population stayed there, which is why such a large population of Maghrebis have Turk descent. Even in the conclusive results section, nothing is stated about Africa.

Results
    We show that the genetic variation of the contemporary Turkish population clusters with South European populations, as expected, but also shows signatures of relatively recent contribution from ancestral East Asian populations.
    The populations I GEDMATCH are skewed period, what does it matter about any population when they don’t have K runs themselves I told you ,they pretty much do reshuffling?

You don’t seem to understand they are not talking about genetic relation of Turks in North Africa but the Sub Saharan ancestry found there.

And you seem to quote what you want ,obviously Turks are going to cluster with Southern Europeans being the population migrations back and forth for centuries but that doesn’t mean they didnt have any input from outside populations,such as Arabians and Sub Saharans Africans.

https://www.newscientist.com/article...-on-our-genes/

The Arab slave trade, which operated between 650 and 1900, also left a signature in the genes of 17 groups living in north Africa, the Mediterranean and the Persian Gulf. All carry genes from enslaved populations from sub-Saharan Africa. What’s more, the Mediterranean groups share more DNA with people from west Africa, while the Persian Gulf groups share more with people from the east. This matches what historians suspect were the main routes used by the slave trade.

Also you’re not going to try and like E-M78 and M-123 with North African with them clearly being prominent in the Horn.

https://link.springer.com/article/10...439-003-1031-4

https://www.dw.com/en/turkeys-african-roots/g-37880961

Mixed background
    Afro-Turk community leader Şakir's son Gürsel, 32 (right), grandson Yağız Efe, and daughter-in-law Aysel at Şakir's family home in the suburbs of Izmir. Mixed marriage is very common among the Afro-Turk community which makes accurate figures on the population difficult to estimate.

Turkish roots
    Esat Sezar, left, sits with a friend in his village near Izmir. Esat, who worked across Turkey in the hospitality industry, regards himself solely as Turkish. He's traced his family tree back to the village he was born in. Naıme Köyü is a mixed village of Afro-Turk and non Afro-Turk, where Esat’s 106-year-old mother says she remembers the declaration of the Turkish republic in 1923.
    Last edited by Menelik; 2018-07-11 at 04:07.

Race Scientist
    Last Online
    J-M67
    mtDNA
    R0a2
    Race
    West Eurasian
    Metaethnos
    Turkic + Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Turk + Kurd
    Phenotype
    Irano-CM + Turanid
    Turkey Kurdistan

The populations I GEDMATCH are skewed period, what does it matter about any population when they don’t have K runs themselves I told you ,they pretty much do reshuffling?

You don’t seem to understand they are not talking about genetic relation of Turks in North Africa but the Sub Saharan ancestry found there.

And you seem to quote what you want ,obviously Turks are going to cluster with Southern Europeans being the population migrations back and forth for centuries but that doesn’t mean they didnt have any input from outside populations,such as Arabians and Sub Saharans Africans.

No, they are not. I've already stated this. The only relationship compared was with North Africans. You pulling quotes out of nowhere was irrelevant. Y-DNA means nothing, Autosomal is the only thing that matters. Get your bullshit agenda out of here son. Go show me actual DNA results where Turks are scoring SSA.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18