Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Polako View Post
    I'm R1a1a* at 23andme, but it'd be nice to get something more specific in terms of Eurasian and even intra-European variation of this haplogroup.
    FTDNA offers high resolution STR tests, don't they? But of course, it's expensive and it's questionable if it's worth putting that much money on knowing some minor details about your haplogroups, when you already know your haplogroups.
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

“A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

“Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” ― H. L. Mencken

“The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

“Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    puttin' in yer windies
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    R-DF99
    mtDNA
    H3ap

Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post
    FTDNA offers high resolution STR tests, don't they? But of course, it's expensive and it's questionable if it's worth putting that much money on knowing some minor details about your haplogroups, when you already know your haplogroups.
    FTDNA offers pretty darn good SNP deep clade tests as well. For STR's I think they stop at 67. The deep clade SNP tests are what Polako needs.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cadwallon For This Useful Post:

EliasAlucard (2009-11-04)

Established Member
    puttin' in yer windies
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    R-DF99
    mtDNA
    H3ap

I've been checking up on my genetic matches. On my FTDNA matches my strongest is an R1b1b2a1a line from the U.K. and on Ysearch my strongest is an R1b1b2a1a line from North Carolina.. :P

Established Member
    Pontificus Minimus Geto-Thracian's Avatar
    Last Online
    2012-10-05 @ 05:40
    P-312*
    mtDNA
    V2
    Race
    Caucasian
    Metaethnos
    Getae
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Phenotype
    Carpathian
    Politics
    Kangaroo court
    Religion
    Richard Dawkins
    Moldova Canada Romania Skull and crossbones Serbia coat of arms

I am R1b1b2a1b or P-312* .....AKA the HG that pretty much rules the world

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Geto-Thracian For This Useful Post:

cadwallon (2009-11-13)

QBQ Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2011-07-04 @ 09:36
    Australoid
    Ethnicity
    Mexican/Jewish
    Phenotype
    S.Cromagnid/Indigenous
    Politics
    Extreme
    Religion
    Self pray
    Mexico Serbia Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Geto-Thracian View Post
    I am R1b1b2a1b or P-312* .....AKA the HG that pretty much rules the world
    I agree, R1b is definately the most widespread haplogroup in the world. I'm almost sure that's my haplogroup, but I'd need to take a test

QBQ Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2010-12-25 @ 12:54
    West Eurasian
    Phenotype
    Cromagnid

I like the Senior Mod am J1e. I wasn't pleased when I found out, I had a second test done with another firm. I find it odd that 92% of Maltese men are not J1, and I end up in the 8% that is. The luck of the draw I suppose.

I wasn't displeased being J1e because it originated in the Middle East and that Arabians and some Jews, really a minority of Jews, have this haplogroup. I was displeased because the haplogroup which is older than Jews or Arabians or Semitic languages, has been bushwhacked by Jews and Arabians trying to prove their religious and mythological beliefs. I for one don't accept anything in any religious book as genealogical or other facts about the origin of any people. The Jews go on about their Cohens and the Aaron priest line, the Arabians are trying to prove Muhammad was J1e, and his ancestry to Shem, Adnan or the descent of true Arabians from Kahtan. It is all just total bull.

The Wikipedia site is very simplistic about J1e, don't take it too seriously. J1e is the main subtype of J1 haplogroup. J1* is the next common, and the other subtypes J1a, b, c and d are in actual numbers, practically mythical like the Gryphon. J1e is common among Arabians like Yemenis and Bedouins, and among North Caucasian Daghestanis for the same reasons: inbreeding, the maintenance of family wealth in families, the preference for certain male lineages and the Muslim custom of having many female sexual partners, polygamy. Studies of Yemenis and other Arabians with high J1 show their low levels of genetic diversity, the consanguineous effect. Genetic studies have shown that the people with the highest diversity of J1* and J1e are not Arabians. They are infact Portuguese and Italian Europeans, Anatolian Turks, Iranians, Kurds and Ethiopians. The Arabians are high in frequency but low in diversity. Jews are also high in their diversity compared to Arabians. All those people with the high diversities barring the Ethiopians are in the north and the origin point of J1*, J1e is in the North of the Middle East, Anatolia or Iran not the Arabian Peninsula as Arabians think and as the wikipedia article on J1e seems to indicate. J1 is found quite spread out in the world and goes all the way to Vietnam in the east, Britain in the west, and was found in the remains of Aboriginal Canary Islanders before the Canaries were colonised by Iberians, and before Arabians got on their camels and headed west to Egypt, North Africa and Europe.

By the way Jewish J1 is easy to distinguish from European J1 and Arabian J1. FTDNA has a J project which has 6 Jewish clusters, a Arabian cluster, Jewish and Arabian like clusters but in Europeans and Americans and the big cluster, non Jewish or Jew like or Arabian or Arabian like, though some outliers of Jews and Arabs are listed in it, that I am in which is essentially Neolithic.

Nothing against Jews or Arabians or their religions, I just dislike the bull they go on about.

QBQ Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2010-12-25 @ 12:54
    West Eurasian
    Phenotype
    Cromagnid

Geto-Thracian, R1b won't rule the world in the near future if the massive illegal immigration from Africa, East Asia, North Africa, South Asia and other non European lands kept bombarding Europe, Australia and NZ. USA and Canada have their Hispanic problem, the Mexicans and other Hispanic speaking immigrants to USA and Canada have a lot of male Amerindian and African Y ancestry. Romania contains a lot of Gypsies, and is near Bulgaria. Bulgarians originated in the non European parts of Russia, spoke Turkic languages originally and have a significant amount of non classical European haplogroups.
    Last edited by Graeme; 2009-11-15 at 01:20.

Established Member
    Super Moderator
    Last Online
    @
    N1c1-L550
    mtDNA
    H3
    Finland

My dad is N1c1 as most Finns are, but he doesn't belong to the main Finnish branch of N1c1. Instead, it looks like he is on the same branch with Poles, Russians, Lithuanians, and Brits. I've ordered an upgrade from 37 to 67 STR markers, which should confirm this once the results are in.

The modal 12-marker haplotype for the branch my father belongs to is (FTDNA order):

14 23 14 11 11 13 11 12 10 14 14 30

This haplotype has also been called the N1c1 Viking/Rurik haplotype.

N1c1 branches

Established Member
    Your Friend
    Last Online
    @
    R1a-Z282
    mtDNA
    H7
    Metaethnos
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Phenotype
    Barbarian
    Religion
    Crop Circles
    Poland

Quote Originally Posted by Aino View Post
    My dad is N1c1 as most Finns are, but he doesn't belong to the main Finnish branch of N1c1. Instead, it looks like he is on the same branch with Poles, Russians, Lithuanians, and Brits. I've ordered an upgrade from 37 to 67 STR markers, which should confirm this once the results are in.

The modal 12-marker haplotype for the branch my father belongs to is (FTDNA order):

14 23 14 11 11 13 11 12 10 14 14 30

This haplotype has also been called the N1c1 Viking/Rurik haplotype.

N1c1 branches
    Yes, as most of you know, Aino's dad was recently classified at 23andme as my 10th cousin, but the connection probably goes back further than that. We suspect our common ancestor was hired as a mercenary during the early middle ages to defend the Polish border against pagan Prussian tribes.

Apparently, I1a is now fairly common in that area of Northeastern Poland, but I'm sure those Rus Viking mercenaries carried Rurik style N1c1 too. So considering all the evidence, it's not such a far fetched hypothesis, but it might be tough to prove. I wish my other seemingly Northern "relatives" at 23andme logged in so we can check for patterns; I do have "5th cousins" there who carry I1* and N1c1, so some details about their origins would really help.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Polako For This Useful Post:

Aino (2009-11-20)

Established Member
    Pontificus Minimus Geto-Thracian's Avatar
    Last Online
    2012-10-05 @ 05:40
    P-312*
    mtDNA
    V2
    Race
    Caucasian
    Metaethnos
    Getae
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Phenotype
    Carpathian
    Politics
    Kangaroo court
    Religion
    Richard Dawkins
    Moldova Canada Romania Skull and crossbones Serbia coat of arms

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Geto-Thracian, R1b won't rule the world in the near future if the massive illegal immigration from Africa, East Asia, North Africa, South Asia and other non European lands kept bombarding Europe, Australia and NZ. USA and Canada have their Hispanic problem, the Mexicans and other Hispanic speaking immigrants to USA and Canada have a lot of male Amerindian and African Y ancestry. Romania contains a lot of Gypsies, and is near Bulgaria. Bulgarians originated in the non European parts of Russia, spoke Turkic languages originally and have a significant amount of non classical European haplogroups.
    Canada does not really have an hispanic problem, yet. We have tons of Asians and south asians though.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast