Thread: Norma McCorvey and her book; "Won by Love"2930 days old

Established Member
    /II/
    Last Online
    @
    Agnostic
    United States

Default Norma McCorvey and her book; "Won by Love"

She was also known as "Jane Roe". For those that don't know her, she was a pretty prominent abortion activist early on in her life but she made a drastic u-turn, she's very religious and pro-life now and I thought her life story was really interesting to learn more about. She went through a lot while she was younger. She'd been in some bad relationships with men and was actually disowned by her mother after she told her she was into girls and I think that all shaped her views like being pro-abortion out of a want to rebel. I've been reading a book of her's called "Won by Love" where she writes about her change of heart, how she went from being pro-abortion to pro-life. She talks about how she became horrified with what goes on in the abortion industry, she found out it wasn't all about doctors wanting to help ease Women's lives. There's a lot of corruption and money grubbiness in abortion clinics and doctors often lie to their patients about certain things. I won't spoil too much of the book, but I'd definitely recommend it to anyone. It doesn't matter if you're pro life or pro abortion, religious or not, I think anyone could enjoy it. What do you all think about Norma McCorvey and/or her book "Won by Love"?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Banned
    Race Scientist
    Last Online
    2011-06-20 @ 21:46
    Mediterranid
    Politics
    Inquisitor
    Religion
    Catholic
    Galicia Mexico United States

I don't know anything about her, however i recognize that quote on your signature.
    I gotta say you have a good taste in music

---------- Post added 2011-06-16 at 15:58 ----------

Btw Gun Gold Girls is my fav song

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KeyboardWarrior For This Useful Post:

Wickedgirl (2011-06-16)

Established Member
    /II/
    Last Online
    @
    Agnostic
    United States

Finished reading the book. It was really insightful (awesome). I can't be the only one here that knows anything about her, right?

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Race
    Europid
    Phenotype
    Nordid
    Metaethnos
    Germanic
    Politics
    Far Right
    Canada Netherlands Netherlands Antilles Commonwealth United States Canada Weed Flag

McCorvey had a troubled childhood, and developed a reputation for drug use and partying as a teenager. Although she remained a lesbian throughout her life, she did have relationships with men during her late teens, and was on her third pregnancy when she brought her famous lawsuit in 1970. At the time, Texas didn't allow abortions unless the life of the mother was in danger, and McCorvey couldn't afford to leave the state to obtain one, making her the perfect plaintiff in the eyes of her crusading legal team. Ironically, she converted to Catholicism, and became an anti-abortion activist in 1998, even appearing in ads declaring that Obama "murders babies." She remains a practicing Catholic, although some are uncertain as to the sincerity of her conversion, with Gloria Allred calling it a "career choice", and Flip Benham declaring that she "just fishes for money."

As for her book, I was surprised to learn just how little Norma was involved in the Roe v. Wade decision. Almost immediately after the Supreme Court decision was made, Norma was handed her hat by the leaders of the abortion rights movement. In the US, abortion is being used as wedge issue for political gain. Many ignorant voters (ignorant of the entire abortion subject matter) are hijacked into a political party which, having one issue voters as a base, is free to pursue policies which would be impossible, without such an uncritical base of support. This situation is hurting the US. I highly recommend this book for people who want to see some of the heart behind the abortion/anti-abortion movements, and to learn more about Norma's life.