Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Admixture results of Dominicans on 23andme2915 days old

Established Member
    Usuario
    Last Online
    @

Quote Originally Posted by CAONABO View Post
    Here's my best rough guestimate:

Cibao: Roughly whats shown here, because even if the other Cibao provinces vary substantially from Santiago, the variation would more or less even out with the very Amerindian places and those with more SSA, also Santiago being the most populous.

South: An even split, or close to it, with substantial Amerindian. The pred. Euro. populace in Bani wouldn't alter the total I don't think.

Santo Domingo: I have no idea, I'd go with your guess as a hodge podge from uber-Euro to uber-SSA and everything in between, even Chinese, lol.
    Capital cities are melting pots, no one will find a definite look as people from all places come there(both from other parts of the DR and foreign)
    Last edited by jibarodepr; 2011-06-27 at 22:45.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jibarodepr For This Useful Post:

Bonaoense (2011-06-27), CAONABO (2011-06-27), EiCibaeño (2011-06-27), Sureno (2011-07-26)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    2011-10-22 @ 17:36
    Triracial
    Phenotype
    Sinid
    Metaethnos
    Hispanic Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Cibaeño
    Phenotype
    Sinid
    Politics
    Center
    Spain traditional France Dominican Republic Senegal Haiti

It's strange that el cibao is one of the most amerindian regions of the DR yet only a couple cibaenos on 23 and me scored at least 10% (which is supposed to be the average for dominicans), could the amerindian component in the study have been inflated a bit? Or maybe a few uber-indigenous dominicans raised the average
    Last edited by Bonaoense; 2011-06-27 at 22:54.
    yo soy primero Liniero, despues Cibaeño y despues Dominicano

Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    L0a2a1a
    Race
    Triracial
    Phenotype
    Indid
    Metaethnos
    Caribbean Hispanic
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Politics
    Royalism
    Religion
    Catholicism
    GEDmatch
    HB6236866
    Dominican Republic Santiago de los Caballeros Spain traditional Spain African Union(OAS)

I 'd love to see people from the northwest being tested, specially from Santiago Rodriguez, which seem to be more Amerindian influenced than everyone else. The same with my dearest Vaiveide.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Andullero For This Useful Post:

jibarodepr (2011-06-27), kilometro7 (2011-06-27)

Established Member
    Quisqueyano Valiente
    Last Online
    @
    LatinoAmericano
    Religion
    Dios,Patria y Libertad
    Dominican Republic United States Hispanidad Puerto Rico Cuba

http://historiascanarias.blogspot.co...ominicana.html
    ^
    @ kilo and Lemba,
    Are any of you familiar with that article on Guanche genes in DR? Besides PR, DR is the only other place I've heard of it being found. If so, where exactly would that show up on 23andME and have any Dominicans so far shown evidence of this?

Established Member
    Last Online
    2019-06-18 @ 21:23
    E1b1b1a2*, R1b1b2a1a
    mtDNA
    L3b1a,L4b2,L3e1a2,U6a3
    Metaethnos
    Carribean
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Phenotype
    SudaBantu/Amerind/Med
    Dominican Republic African Union(OAS)

Here is the finished spreadsheet Enjoy!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...thkey=CL2T54EF

I did a guestimation, its got accuracy to it, thoguh the native is not factored in, take that one as a very rough guestimation. Lots of info on that sheet .

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lemba For This Useful Post:

CAONABO (2011-06-27), Doctoris Scientia (2011-06-27), kilometro7 (2011-06-27), Macorisano (2011-06-27), Maverick (2011-06-27), oditous (2014-10-06)

Established Member
    Aryan Gallego-Cibaeño kilometro7's Avatar
    Last Online
    2019-02-02 @ 21:22
    R1b1b2a1a1* (R-U106)
    mtDNA
    L3b1a
    Ethnicity
    Cibaeño
    Politics
    Cibao Libre
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Dominican Republic Spain traditional Portugal 1485 Santiago de los Caballeros African Union(OAS)

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaoense View Post
    It's strange that el cibao is one of the most amerindian regions of the DR yet only a couple cibaenos on 23 and me scored at least 10% (which is supposed to be the average for dominicans), could the amerindian component in the study have been inflated a bit? Or maybe a few uber-indigenous dominicans raised the average
    Not sure why, but it could be because so far I don't think any Cibaeño with obvious taino influence in their phenotype has taken the test. Though, something interesting to note is that all the Dominicans with Native mtDNA are from the central Cibao, this could be because the central Cibao has some of the oldest settlements.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kilometro7 For This Useful Post:

Bonaoense (2011-06-28)

Established Member
    Last Online
    E1b1b1a2*, R1b1b2a1a
    mtDNA
    L3b1a,L4b2,L3e1a2,U6a3
    Metaethnos
    Carribean
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Phenotype
    SudaBantu/Amerind/Med

Quote Originally Posted by kilometro7 View Post
    Lemba I wrote that most people were 2-6% more African because, my parents are only 3% more african according to mcdonald, and macorisano was also only 3% more african, while i think you, and your parents were 6% more african right? I still don't know of any Dominican who is 8% more african than what 23andme said. You're right the Amerind is unpredictable.
    Didnt you go from 5% on 23andme to 9.something percent in Mcdonald, thats a 4 almost 5% rise. Your mother went up more i believe. Your father slightly more then you. My GF wetn from 40 to 47%, my grandma went from 38-44.something whcih is 6%. But i do agree some of the Domincians may have it go up less, but thats usually when the indegenous goes up which woudl still bring the Euro down. I think ill revise my measure down to 5% instead of 6% then, good point. 5% seems like a better average

Established Member
    Last Online
    2015-12-23 @ 03:04
    R1b1b2a1a
    mtDNA
    L2b1a
    Politics
    PLD
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Dominican Republic United States

Quote Originally Posted by Lemba View Post
    Here is the finished spreadsheet Enjoy!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...thkey=CL2T54EF

I did a guestimation, its got accuracy to it, thoguh the native is not factored in, take that one as a very rough guestimation. Lots of info on that sheet .
    Makes sense, what was the average of the whole country? 46-43-11?

Established Member
    Last Online
    E1b1b1a2*, R1b1b2a1a
    mtDNA
    L3b1a,L4b2,L3e1a2,U6a3
    Metaethnos
    Carribean
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Phenotype
    SudaBantu/Amerind/Med

Quote Originally Posted by kilometro7 View Post
    Not sure why, but it could be because so far I don't think any Cibaeño with obvious taino influence in their phenotype has taken the test. Though, something interesting to note is that all the Dominicans with Native mtDNA are from the central Cibao, this could be because the central Cibao has some of the oldest settlements.
    The same can be said atleast from the Domincians we know on 23andme none of them that we have seen (there are many we havent seen), are any darker or more ssa featured then me or macorisano. So i doubt that any Dominicans with the exception of the two wtih the highest Afro % are pred. Afro in phenotype which may be more Afro then me in phenotype hair and color.

So in summary i dont think any of the Dominicans here are pred. Indgenous in phenotype or pred. afro, when i say pred i mean that they can very much almost pass for those ethnicities. In other words Kilo and some of the Dominicans on 23andme who are pred. euro genetically can pass in Europe, but no Dominicans who can pass in Africa or the Amazon basin are probably included in these results, most Dominicans the bulk are admixed from all angles phenotypically.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lemba For This Useful Post:

Bonaoense (2011-06-28), kilometro7 (2011-06-27)

Established Member
    Aryan Gallego-Cibaeño kilometro7's Avatar
    Last Online
    2019-02-02 @ 21:22
    R1b1b2a1a1* (R-U106)
    mtDNA
    L3b1a
    Ethnicity
    Cibaeño
    Politics
    Cibao Libre
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Dominican Republic Spain traditional Portugal 1485 Santiago de los Caballeros African Union(OAS)

Didnt you go from 5% on 23andme to 9.something percent in Mcdonald, thats a 4 almost 5% rise. Your mother went up more i believe. Your father slightly more then you. My GF wetn from 40 to 47%, my grandma went from 38-44.something whcih is 6%. But i do agree some of the Domincians may have it go up less, but thats usually when the indegenous goes up which woudl still bring the Euro down. I think ill revise my measure down to 5% instead of 6% then, good point. 5% seems like a better average
    I went from 5.15 to 9.1 that's less than 4%, my dad went from 6 to 9.5, that's 3.5%, and my mom went from 8.14 to 10.9 that's less than 3%. I varies alot depending on the person, i would say on average Dominicans might go up 4-6%.

---------- Post added 2011-06-27 at 19:06 ----------

The same can be said atleast from the Domincians we know on 23andme none of them that we have seen (there are many we havent seen), are any darker or more ssa featured then me or macorisano. So i doubt that any Dominicans with the exception of the two wtih the highest Afro % are pred. Afro in phenotype which may be more Afro then me in phenotype hair and color.

So in summary i dont think any of the Dominicans here are pred. Indgenous in phenotype or pred. afro, when i say pred i mean that they can very much almost pass for those ethnicities. In other words Kilo and some of the Dominicans on 23andme who are pred. euro genetically can pass in Europe, but no Dominicans who can pass in Africa or the Amazon basin are probably included in these results, most Dominicans the bulk are admixed from all angles phenotypically.
    Agreed. That's why we need more phenotipically diverse Dominicans to take the test, and more Dominicans from different sub regions, to get a better picture.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast