Cajun and Scandinavian
    Phenotype
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Politics
    Brutal Pragmatism
    Religion
    Kiss my ass!
    Finland Norway France United States

I have long wanted to delete and purge a lot of the lowbrow posts in the religion forum, but did not because I also did not want to violate the rules considering freedom of speech. I am willing to assist in fostering an environment where culture, religion, and philosophy are discussed, but it is also important that other members are able to do so.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saif ad-Dhib For This Useful Post:

admin (2010-01-20), Nephilim (2010-01-20), Ozrage (2010-01-19)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Banned
    Last Online
    2010-01-24 @ 00:07
    Phenotype
    (~Grazil)Indid/Weddid
    Religion
    Hinduism
    Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Polako View Post
    I think people need to post sourced data if they want to argue anything scientific. If they don't, that's trolling and their posts should be moved to some sort of a fiction forum.

It's really difficult to discuss anything in a civil manner if the opposing party is only able to counter sourced data from scientific journals with their own misguided opinions.
    Pardon me for borderline trolling in the ydna haplogroup thread but it already went off-far when "somebody" said something about ydna and races.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    ban
    Ethnicity
    me
    Skull and crossbones

Why would he have a problem with that?
    Last edited by Sevastopol; 2010-01-20 at 02:33.

Administrator
    Last Online
    @
    Assyrid
    Metaethnos
    Sumero-Akkadian
    Ethnicity
    Assyro-Babylonian
    Phenotype
    Assyroid
    Politics
    Imperialism
    Religion
    Mesopotamian religion
    Assyria

Quote Originally Posted by Angevin View Post
    I personally think you should extend the period of time people can edit posts then. I noticed an oversight (an entire missing word) that ended up being a grammar error in the Michio Kaku thread. I went to fix it when I noticed it later on and I couldn't edit it because the allowed time for editing a post had expired. A similar thing happened in the chromeOS thread (a spelling typo) although not as bad. Just a thought not a demand. I'm not telling you to do anything just making a suggestion.
    Hey Angevin, don't be afraid to voice your opinion even if it's a critical one. I'm a very open minded and tolerant guy and I welcome criticism as long as it's constructive.

No one will get banned for some minor spelling typo or a few spelling/grammar errors every once in a while.

However, someone like Nephilim is dangerously close to getting banned for QBQ, purely because of his horrible grammar and spelling errors. I don't want to ban Nephilim, but seriously, one must be able to know the difference between your and you're, there, their and they're, it's and its, etc. etc.

This is basic English grammar and mandatory to know on a science forum. I'll give you an example of someone whom I QBQ banned the other day:
    Quote Originally Posted by IJ-429 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Polako View Post
    You totally lost me there.

So the people carrying haplogroup I in Europe are suffering from the Stockholm syndrome
    No Sweety, R1a1a-M17 Polish Ashkenazi jEWs & R1a1a-M17 Iranian mUSLIMs who are mentally enslaved by desert religion pushing J1e-Semitids & are more than willing to kill each other for the pleasure of their Sadistic J1e-Semitid masters.
    I analysed his text and quickly came to the conclusion, this IJ-429 character is not a serious member, because anyone who writes jEWs and mUSLIMs in the context of a serious genetics discussion, is a troll who's not really serious. Think about it: why would anyone in his right mind, write like that? I can understand if one jokes around a bit and writes j00s for the fun of it, but using different colours for haplogroup markers, "Semitid" (what the hell is that anyway?) and writing jEWs/mUSLIMs is just retarded. No serious academic scholar writes like that. And on top of that, doing it in a thread about Eastern looking Hungarians, is totally Off Topic.

As for editing time, Angevin, you can discuss it more thoroughly in this thread:

https://www.forumbiodiversity.com/showthread.php?t=64
    Quote Originally Posted by Saif ad-Dhib View Post
    I have long wanted to delete and purge a lot of the lowbrow posts in the religion forum, but did not because I also did not want to violate the rules considering freedom of speech. I am willing to assist in fostering an environment where culture, religion, and philosophy are discussed, but it is also important that other members are able to do so.
    Lowbrow posts and Off Topic should be deleted. If the Off Topic is quality discussion it should be split to a new thread, with a new title and (split) //mod at the end of the title.

By lowbrow posts I'm of course talking about posts that have no relevance to the discussion, short one-liners from morons who think they're witty (one-liners don't really add up anything of importance to the discussion) and generally speaking anti-intellectual stupidity.

I think you did an excellent job with deleting Peter's posts in your "What is Islam?" thread. That's exactly the sort of nonsense that ought to be deleted, not because it's anti-Islamic but because it doesn't add anything meaningful to the discussion to spam pictures and YouTube links. It's not inherently wrong to provide pictures of importance but one should also try to do it with quality and of some importance to the topic. If one starts a serious "what is Islam" thread, it would be helpful to try and discuss Islam from a serious religious POV, for example the history of Islam, the external non-Islamic (Jewish? Christian?) influence on Islam, theological differences between Islam and other related religions, etc.

Moderators shouldn't be afraid to delete lowbrow/OT posts, but moderators must also have good judgement when doing so. As a moderator, always ask yourself the following questions: how relevant is this post to the discussion? Is it On Topic? Is it an intellectual point of view? Is it a scientific approach to the discussion? Is it lowbrow or highbrow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevastopol View Post

Why would he have a problem with that?
    Nothing wrong with Eastern Europe being the Indo-European urheimat if one can argue for such a stance from a scientific POV rather than ethnocentric bias.
    “Susa, the great holy city, abode of their gods, seat of their mysteries, I conquered. I entered its palaces, I opened their treasuries where silver and gold, goods and wealth were amassed... I destroyed the ziggurat of Susa. I smashed its shining copper horns. I reduced the temples of Elam to naught; their gods and goddesses I scattered to the winds. The tombs of their ancient and recent kings I devastated, I exposed to the sun, and I carried away their bones toward the land of Ashur. I devastated the provinces of Elam and on their lands I sowed salt.” — Aššur-bāni-apli, Fall of Elam

7. The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

bleck (2010-01-20)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2