User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you a vegetarian?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm a veggie.

10 13.51%
  • Nope.

54 72.97%
  • Tried it but it wasn't for me.

10 13.51%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Vegetarianism2812 days old

Evolutionary Biologist
    Last Online
    @

for my persons *anybody* can eat shit as long as he doesn't force others to do so. Vegetarians however forcing others to eat vegetarian shit.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    J1a2a1a2-P58+
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

Quote Originally Posted by David Noi View Post
    for my persons *anybody* can eat shit as long as he doesn't force others to do so. Vegetarians however forcing others to eat vegetarian shit.
    This is libertarian/individualism dogma, and I don't think you understand: we really don't have a choice; we all must go vegan sooner or later (not vegetarian but vegan). Meat and dairy are environmental disasters. Between the choice of you mainstream thinkers being allowed to eat whatever you want and turning Earth into a dystopian desert at best or Venus 2 at worst, or vegans making meat, eggs, dairy and honey illegal and our environment and biosphere will flourish again, I choose the latter, any day of the week.
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

“A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

“Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” ― H. L. Mencken

“The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

“Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:16
    Q-M3
    mtDNA
    A2
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Phenotype
    Mestizo
    Religion
    Atheist
    United States Mexico

I don't plan on becoming a vegetarian, but lately I have been thinking about how much red meat I tend to eat and probably should limit myself. Never been a big fan of chicken or pork, so beef has usually been my meat of choice, I also love fish, but that's more expensive.
    "Living or dying, it's not a big deal. What we should be concerned about is whether or not we're allowed to crawl to our graves."

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    SD
    Religion
    Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post
    This is libertarian/individualism dogma, and I don't think you understand: we really don't have a choice; we all must go vegan sooner or later (not vegetarian but vegan). Meat and dairy are environmental disasters. Between the choice of you mainstream thinkers being allowed to eat whatever you want and turning Earth into a dystopian desert at best or Venus 2 at worst, or vegans making meat, eggs, dairy and honey illegal and our environment and biosphere will flourish again, I choose the latter, any day of the week.
    You leftists and your tyrannical ideas to turn everyone into soyboys.
    The Future was better before

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Neanderthal
    Phenotype
    Archaic
    Politics
    Cros before hoes
    Religion
    Feet first into hell

Quote Originally Posted by Janos View Post
    You mean like über-alpha Paul Joseph Watson who sold "brain pills" that he snacked everyday...pills that contains soy?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azvarohi For This Useful Post:

DragonRouge (2019-02-11), EliasAlucard (2019-02-11)

Senior Moderator
    Last Online
    @
    J1a2a1a2-P58+
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic

Quote Originally Posted by Janos View Post
    Well I eat soy every single day in one form or another (edamame, natto, soy milk, soy protein isolate etc.), and I'm way fucking stronger than you The same is also true for Azvarohi, who's also a soyboy, and he packs some serious muscle. How's that strength training going these days? You still believe in the delusional meat magic?

And yeah, we're going to outlaw meat, dairy, eggs and honey because we have no choice, and Sweden will probably be the leading country in the world on this issue

“A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

Quoted for truth:
    For the lulz:
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 15:36
    Portuguese - German
    Portugal Portugal 1143 Portugal 1485 Portugal 1830s

It's all rainbows and sunshines, but try to adhere to long-term veganism while having bi-daily workouts of more than 2 hours a day of high-intensity exercise, every single day, try to get iron, vit B12 an CQ10 quickly in this regime without the use of supplements, not to mention slow digestion due to the large amount of fibers.

People have no idea, and I don't want to say that veganism is impossible to follow up, I even think that most of society will necessarily begin to have a flexitarian diet, but it is much more practical and safe to add animal foods in peoples diet with large amounts of high-intensity exercise or who have strenuous efforts in much part of the day.
    Last edited by HeartBreak Kid; 2019-02-12 at 09:55.

Senior Moderator
    Last Online
    @
    J1a2a1a2-P58+
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic

Quote Originally Posted by HeartBreak Kid View Post
    It's all rainbows and sunshines, but try to adhere to long-term veganism while having bi-daily workouts of more than 2 hours a day of high-intensity exercise, every single day, try to get iron, vit B12 an CQ10 quickly in this regime without the use of supplements, not to mention slow digestion due to the large amount of fibers.
    If anything, it's easier to do it vegan. Iron is a non-issue on a vegan diet (plenty of iron in soy, kale, spinach and so on). B12 used to be a non-issue too, on a vegan diet in the past (how else do you think chimps and gorillas get their B12?), but nowadays due to all the vegetables being washed and so on, all the B12 producing bacteria are washed off from for example, carrots and tomatoes. So supplementing with B12 is a consequence of all food being sterile these days. Q10 is not an essential nutrient anyway, but it is available in vegan supplements if anyone cares about it. As for fiber, they actually help digestion and stomach health, and our digestion is slow primarily because our stomach acid pH is relatively high, like 4-5, whereas omnivores and carnivores have 1 in stomach acid, hence they digest their meat much faster than we do, regardless of if we eat a lot of fibers or just pure meat. This picture explains it well:

Also, fibers are good for digestion, and if anything, make you less constipated. Dietary fibers are an essential nutrient anyway, so good luck excluding them from your diet.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartBreak Kid View Post
    People have no idea, and I don't want to say that veganism is impossible to follow up, I even think that most of society will necessarily begin to have a flexitarian diet, but it is much more practical and safe to add animal foods in peoples diet with large amounts of high-intensity exercise or who have strenuous efforts in much part of the day.
    Meat and dairy aren't practical, and they're definitely not safe. This notion that meat and animal foods are somehow superior when they're actually inferior to veganism, is mainstream thinking 101. We're evolutionary adapted as vegans, and we're basically frugivores. To the extent that veganism today has some shortcomings which it didn't have millions of years ago when our ape ancestors were vegans, like lack of B12, that's where science and technology comes in with supplements. Also, it's actually misleading that people who eat meat and dairy, shouldn't or don't need to take supplements. Even if they eat animal foods, it doesn't mean that they can't be deficient in B12, vitamin A, D3, iron, magnesium and so on.

And flexitarianism while a good start that should be encouraged, isn't ideal. In the future, we won't have a choice but to go 100% vegan. All of humanity must be vegan for environmental reasons, really right now, but mainstream thinkers and their penchant for inferiority, are a bit slow on stuff like this, so it's probably going to take at least another decade before everyone jumps on the mandatory vegan bandwagon.

Anyway, you sound like someone who's open minded to veganism but aren't fully enlightened on this topic, so I don't want to discourage you by calling you an iGnorant iDiot and so on, however, this attitude that meat, eggs, dairy and fish is superior superior to veganism, well, you still have a long way to go

Quoted for truth:
    For the lulz:

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 15:36
    Portuguese - German
    Portugal Portugal 1143 Portugal 1485 Portugal 1830s

Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post

Again, try to adhere to veganism while making those exorbitant amounts of exercise or in a super strenuous profession, only then will you see if you can keep it, maybe you can reconcile, or maybe not.

Like you said even in normal non-vegan diet you can have deficiencies, now imagine in vegan diet, in reality, not all people would be able to reach the recommended values, some because the little/none information or nonexistent nutritional surveillance and assessment, others for not being able to have access to all types of plant foods, because to get all the essential AA in vegan diet it is necessary to mix different and larger amounts and varieties of vegetable protein to match the essencitial AA of animal foods.

I didnt say to exclude the fibers from a balanced diet, and also, that picture doesn't tell me anything, we are omnivorous and we also evolve with foods of animal origin, of course in a lesser extent than those of plant origin.

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist ~Elizabeth~'s Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    H1c12
    United States

I voted "I tried it but it wasn't for me". I was a vegetarian for five months. I remember being really flaky/spacey back then. It was almost like fasting.
    Last edited by ~Elizabeth~; 2019-02-14 at 00:36.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast