German Irish-Scot
    Phenotype
    Faelid/North Atlantid
    Politics
    Libertarianism
    Religion
    Master Morality
    Germany Ireland Italy

I would like to know where my thread went it seems like the Mods decided to get rid of it. Nevermind I see it now. Concerning democracy I think that it is the most self destructive affair one can go on. I am personally an advocate for either an aristocratic or monarchial order but at times anarchy sounds enticing. Their are a few interesting philosophical ideals that I am quite interested in by Max Stirner who advocated for an Union of Egos in society. This Union of Egos would unify on the basis that they could make a deal with each other to co-exist among each other as long as the desires of their egos were satsified adequately and in so far as each member's felicity in this society was protected. This is quite similar to Thomas Hobbes and although I do not think a "primitive" hunter gatherer like system of laws and social agreements is appropriate for a national government it might be proper for more local institutions to impose and implement this general basis in order to make restrictions and regulations on the general populus. I personally think democracy has turned into a subtle form of anarchy one that is ruled and driven by money, greed, and consumerism.
    Last edited by GeistFaust; 2011-08-16 at 15:15.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Afro-American
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by GeistFaust View Post
    I would like to know where my thread went it seems like the Mods decided to get rid of it. Nevermind I see it now. Concerning democracy I think that it is the most self destructive affair one can go on. I am personally an advocate for either an aristocratic or monarchial order but at times anarchy sounds enticing. Their are a few interesting philosophical ideals that I am quite interested in by Max Stirner who advocated for an Union of Egos in society. This Union of Egos would unify on the basis that they could make a deal with each other to co-exist among each other as long as the desires of their egos were satsified adequately and in so far as each member's felicity in this society was protected. This is quite similar to Thomas Hobbes and although I do not think a "primitive" hunter gatherer like system of laws and social agreements is appropriate for a national government it might be proper for more local institutions to impose and implement this general basis in order to make restrictions and regulations on the general populus. I personally think democracy has turned into a subtle form of anarchy one that is ruled and driven by money, greed, and consumerism.
    I'm an advocate for either an aristocratic republic or a monarchy. I prefer an aristocratic republic, but a monarchy might work better in practice. I'm primarily concerned with the restoration of the aristocratic social order, whether it be monarchical or republican.

We are nowhere near being an anarchy. Anarchism is anti-statist by definition and the state is now larger than it's ever been. Read On Power: The Natural History of its Growth by Bertrand de Jouvenel.

I'm against anarchism (especially anarcho-collectivism) because it is based on ressentiment and wishful thinking.

"A word in the ear of the psychologists, assuming they
    are inclined to study ressentiment close up for once:
    this plant thrives best amongst anarchists...."

"The anarchist and the Christian have a common origin."

- Friedrich Nietzsche
    Last edited by Hue-man; 2011-08-18 at 23:17.

Established Member
    Last Online
    2019-10-14 @ 08:15
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b2a1a1 (A2423+)
    mtDNA
    U3a1a(1)
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Politics
    laissez faire
    Religion
    Metalhead
    Poland Lithuania Grand Duchy

I am not great fan of aristocracy as it tends to degenerate very quickly. Best imo is some kind of wide elites (10-20% of whole population) who's characteristics are well defined and criteria of joining are clear and open, but not easy to fulfil.

So anyone willing to take part knows who he needs to become and can make conscious choice if the effort is worth it. If one chooses not to join those elites he willingly discards the voting rights, no harm done.

The worst solution would be building a caste systems with closed and narrow group of people at power, in fact we experience it now in western "democracies":

All those unis one need to graduate to be able to join the sect of politics and chairmen. Let alone Three Immortals in US of A, let's take "leftist" France: I've heard that there is a high school in Paris you need to finish to be able to get to such a uni, all high schools are of course free of charge in France, but their pupils are "area defined" (to go to one you need to live in this or other district), the point is to live in this very special district you have to be filthy rich, like few generations of accumulating of wealth, smart ah?
    and the IEEE Milestone for breaking the Enigma Code goes to... Polish Cipher Bureau 1932-39

“We know each other,” he agreed. “They say that you follow in my steps.”
    “I go my own way. But you, you had never, until just now, looked behind you. You turned back today for the first time.”
    Geralt remained silent. Tired, he had nothing to say. “How... How will it happen?” he asked her at last, coldly and without emotion. “I will take you by the hand,” she replied, looking him straight in the eye. “I will take you by the hand and lead you across the meadow, through a cold and wet fog.” “And after? What is there beyond the fog?” “Nothing,” she replied, smiling. “After that, there is nothing.”
    ― Andrzej Sapkowski
    Świat się zmienia, słońce zachodzi, a wódka się kończy [The world is changing, sun is setting and we're running out of Vodka.]
    ― Andrzej Sapkowski

Established Member
    Last Online
    2017-02-26 @ 09:27
    Atlantid + Alpine
    Politics
    Centre-right
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Chile

Most citizens don't know about some issues so I think aristocracy is actually better than democracy.. Basically that.

Established Member
    Last Online
    2017-08-07 @ 18:57
    Ethnicity
    Chilean
    Phenotype
    Mediterranic
    Chile

Democracy is the worst government system ever invented

Established Member
    Last Online
    Atlantid + Alpine
    Politics
    Centre-right
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Chile

Quote Originally Posted by Fedex View Post
    Haha so we finally kinda agree on something for the first time..

Established Member
    Last Online
    2019-04-28 @ 17:32
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    K1a1
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Pontid
    Metaethnos
    Euro
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Politics
    Silvio Berlusconi
    Religion
    Voodoo
    Poland United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Fedex View Post

What is your offer instead?
    Am I right or am I wrong?

Established Member
    Last Online
    Atlantid + Alpine
    Politics
    Centre-right
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Chile

It depends on the country.. But democracy isn't good in a country as Chile.. Aristocracy would be better, the "people" in Chile is ignorant and with no education and culture.. They don't even have civic culture.. So yeah, a little group of prepared and smart people taking the decisions would be the best. Otherwise, we'll finish like Spain or Greece, seriously..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4