Metaethnos
    yurpeen
    Ethnicity
    westgermanisch
    Politics
    Wurschtigkeit
    Germany Bavaria Holy Roman Empire Vatican City State France fleur de lis

Default Rule 1.9.1 (split) //admin

you should rethink rule 1.9.1. I don't think anybody should have more than just one username.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bauer For This Useful Post:

Berossus (2010-01-20), curiousman (2010-02-08), Elfaerie (2010-01-20), Loki (2010-02-09), Nazi Ufo Commander (2010-01-23), whitefan415 (2010-01-23), wronski feint (2010-01-20)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Administrator
    Last Online
    @
    Assyrid
    Metaethnos
    Sumero-Akkadian
    Ethnicity
    Assyro-Babylonian
    Phenotype
    Assyroid
    Politics
    Imperialism
    Religion
    Mesopotamian religion
    Assyria

Quote Originally Posted by Bauer View Post
    you should rethink rule 1.9.1. I don't think anybody should have more than just one username.
    Some members perhaps wish to debate under another username, for anonymity reasons. This is allowed as long as it's not abused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    1.9.3) You are not allowed to use your other usernames while suspended or banned.

Well, if that's the rule there is Killer who is QBQ banned and right now he is using the name of NordicGod
    Fixed.
    “Susa, the great holy city, abode of their gods, seat of their mysteries, I conquered. I entered its palaces, I opened their treasuries where silver and gold, goods and wealth were amassed... I destroyed the ziggurat of Susa. I smashed its shining copper horns. I reduced the temples of Elam to naught; their gods and goddesses I scattered to the winds. The tombs of their ancient and recent kings I devastated, I exposed to the sun, and I carried away their bones toward the land of Ashur. I devastated the provinces of Elam and on their lands I sowed salt.” — Aššur-bāni-apli, Fall of Elam

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

bleck (2010-01-21), Elfaerie (2010-01-21), riser (2010-01-21)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    yurpeen
    Ethnicity
    westgermanisch
    Politics
    Wurschtigkeit
    Germany Bavaria Holy Roman Empire Vatican City State France fleur de lis

It makes discussions unnecessarily confusing as many threads have debates that were already occurring before, so it will often look that someone else is supporting "this other guy from the older thread" untill you realise it's just the same person.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bauer For This Useful Post:

Aino (2010-01-22), Anodyne (2010-01-22), curiousman (2010-01-23)

Administrator
    Last Online
    @
    Assyrid
    Metaethnos
    Sumero-Akkadian
    Ethnicity
    Assyro-Babylonian
    Phenotype
    Assyroid
    Politics
    Imperialism
    Religion
    Mesopotamian religion
    Assyria

Quote Originally Posted by Bauer View Post
    It makes discussions unnecessarily confusing as many threads have debates that were already occurring before, so it will often look that someone else is supporting "this other guy from the older thread" untill you realise it's just the same person.
    Perhaps you misread rule 1.9.1? That's exactly what it doesn't allow. Besides, how am I going to stop people from registering new accounts? It is always possible to do so undetected. All I'm saying is it's not allowed to debate with your other accounts in the same thread if you're not open about those accounts being yours.
    “Susa, the great holy city, abode of their gods, seat of their mysteries, I conquered. I entered its palaces, I opened their treasuries where silver and gold, goods and wealth were amassed... I destroyed the ziggurat of Susa. I smashed its shining copper horns. I reduced the temples of Elam to naught; their gods and goddesses I scattered to the winds. The tombs of their ancient and recent kings I devastated, I exposed to the sun, and I carried away their bones toward the land of Ashur. I devastated the provinces of Elam and on their lands I sowed salt.” — Aššur-bāni-apli, Fall of Elam

Established Member
    Super Moderator
    Last Online
    @
    N1c1-L550
    mtDNA
    H3
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Perhaps you misread rule 1.9.1? That's exactly what it doesn't allow. Besides, how am I going to stop people from registering new accounts? It is always possible to do so undetected. All I'm saying is it's not allowed to debate with your other accounts in the same thread if you're not open about those accounts being yours.
    Elias, I think Bauer meant that the same debates are repeated in different threads.

I agree with Bauer. Rule 1.9.1. is rather odd. The only time I think it would be justified to create a second account is when you want to get yourself classified. If you are overly concerned about your privacy, it is a way to prevent your photos from being associated with your opinions.

The argument that it is not always possible to detect second accounts is weak. Based on the same argument, you should not be banning people. How are you stopping banned people registering new accounts?

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aino For This Useful Post:

Anodyne (2010-01-23), Bauer (2010-01-23), cadwallon (2010-01-23), curiousman (2010-01-23), Polako (2010-01-23)

Administrator
    Last Online
    @
    Assyrid
    Metaethnos
    Sumero-Akkadian
    Ethnicity
    Assyro-Babylonian
    Phenotype
    Assyroid
    Politics
    Imperialism
    Religion
    Mesopotamian religion
    Assyria

Quote Originally Posted by Aino View Post
    Elias, I think Bauer meant that the same debates are repeated in different threads.
    Elaborate? I'm not sure I follow you on this one.
    I agree with Bauer. Rule 1.9.1. is rather odd. The only time I think it would be justified to create a second account is when you want to get yourself classified. If you are overly concerned about your privacy, it is a way to prevent your photos from being associated with your opinions.
    This is an example of when you may want to create another account. Another example is when someone perhaps gets tired of having used the same username for a year or something. Are you saying it shouldn't be allowed to create a new username? One must stick with the same username forever? I'm not going to allow username changes like it was on anthroforum because it gets so confusing to keep track of everyone changing their username all the time.
    The argument that it is not always possible to detect second accounts is weak. Based on the same argument, you should not be banning people. How are you stopping banned people registering new accounts?
    I can't stop anyone who's banned from creating new accounts, neither can I stop unbanned members from creating new accounts. What I can do is give them a sharp warning: don't abuse your multiple usernames in the same threads, pretending you're different persons, or else, you will get banned for trolling.
    Last edited by admin; 2010-01-23 at 13:36. Reason: clarification

Established Member
    Super Moderator
    Last Online
    @
    N1c1-L550
    mtDNA
    H3
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Elaborate? I'm not sure I follow you on this one.
    The same person takes the same stance and uses the same arguments in different threads under different user accounts. This will make it look as if his views had wider support. You also have no chance of knowing whether you have already addressed this person's arguments earlier.

This is an example of when you may want to create another account. Another example is when someone perhaps gets tired of having used the same username for a year or something. Are you saying it shouldn't be allowed to create a new username? One must stick with the same username forever? I'm not going to allow username changes like it was on anthroforum because it gets so confusing to keep track of everyone changing their username all the time.
    Creating a new account to change your user name is even more confusing to other members than just changing your user name. When you change your user name, people can at least check your post history to find out who you are. If you create a new account, there is nothing to tell the others who you were before. I would prefer that users got to change their user name rather than create new accounts. You do not have to allow frequent name changes. For instance, do not allow more than one name change a year.

I also do not object to anyone creating a new account if they stop using their old account after that. Although I do not really see the point of creating a new account, because others will figure out who the new user is sooner or later.

I can't stop anyone who's banned from creating new accounts, neither can I stop unbanned members from creating new accounts. What I can do is give them a sharp warning: don't abuse your multiple usernames in the same threads, pretending you're different persons, or else, you will get banned for trolling.
    Why can you not stop them? If you cannot stop them creating new accounts, how can you tell if a person uses two different accounts to post in the same thread?

You can recognise duplicate accounts more often than not. There are even additional tools to help you with that.
    Last edited by Aino; 2010-01-23 at 14:19.

Banned
    Last Online
    2010-01-24 @ 00:07
    Phenotype
    (~Grazil)Indid/Weddid
    Religion
    Hinduism
    Russia

The same person takes the same stance and uses the same arguments in different threads under different user accounts. This will make it look as if his views had wider support. You also have no chance of knowing whether you have already addressed this person's arguments earlier.
    Thats exactly what Elias is against. Doing so will lead to ban of sock accounts, repeatedly violation will lead to indefinite ban of all accounts. He will know by looking at the IP. Its your job as a moderator to report your suspicions to him.
    Last edited by bleck; 2010-01-23 at 18:52.

Established Member
    Super Moderator
    Last Online
    @
    N1c1-L550
    mtDNA
    H3
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by bleck View Post
    Thats exactly what Elias is against. Doing so will lead to ban of sock accounts, repeatedly violation will lead to indefinite ban of all accounts. He will know by looking at the IP. Its your job as a moderator to report your suspicions to him.
    Who are you addressing? If you are addressing me, I am not a moderator here.

I don't think you understand what the rules and Elias are saying versus what Bauer and I are saying. The rules say you may not debate in one thread under different accounts, but it is acceptable to have more than one account at a time. What Bauer and I said is that you should not be allowed to have more than one active account at a time.

Maybe I misunderstood you. Perhaps you simply wished to state that you agree with Bauer and me based on what the intent of rule 1.9.1 is.
    Last edited by Aino; 2010-01-23 at 19:24.

Banned
    Last Online
    2010-01-24 @ 00:07
    Phenotype
    (~Grazil)Indid/Weddid
    Religion
    Hinduism
    Russia

I thought you was a moderator because of the all the neg reputation you keep giving.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast