User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Does ethnic mixing really improve health?2865 days old

Race Scientist
    Last Online
    2012-10-29 @ 08:07

I have read too much inbreeding leads to less healthy offspring in some ways, I guess incest would be the most extreme inbreeding. Your closest blood relatives would be your own family.

So your next closest blood relatives would be other people who share similar ancestry (ethnic groups, races, etc).

I also heard, having a diverse gene pool is good, because if a virus started killing people off and the people shared similar genes, it could wipe out the whole population. But because there was that differing gene, the virus did not affect that different/other gene for some reason.

Ethnic mixing is good, in some ways. The above would be one way, another way would be more variety in people. The only reason I could think of why someone would oppose ethnic mixing, is if they did not like that ethnic group.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ieez1 For This Useful Post:

Esekon Kimatt (2012-07-09)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2012-06-29 @ 09:16

Quote Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
    Me as a LatinAmerican is common to develop diabetes in eldery years, according to Medical Sources.
    I guess New world Blacks are highly vulnerable to develop Hipertension.

I guess if i compare Mexican population and American population, It's really rare to see here people alleric to anything, it's almost unexistant, Also mental disorders like Anxiety, Depression, etc, but i guess that's because we have sun almost 365 days of the year
    mexicans are prone to develop diabetes because mexico has one of the highest obesity rates on the planet

but diabetes is relativelly rare and not even a main cause of death in south america for example

QBQ Banned
    Race Scientist
    Last Online
    2012-07-02 @ 05:25
    Negroid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Ethnicity
    Afro-Jarocho
    Phenotype
    Atlantid-Med
    Religion
    Jarochos are superior

Quote Originally Posted by bilwi View Post
    mexicans are prone to develop diabetes because mexico has one of the highest obesity rates on the planet

but diabetes is relativelly rare and not even a main cause of death in south america for example
    south america is not a country mexico is a country, south america isnt no wonder why in colombia we have a low IQ compared to mexicans because of stupid people like you!!!!!

Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2012-06-29 @ 09:16

Mixing has occured FOREVER

ever since the first man came outta Africa and started migrating around the world mixing was happening!!!

I remember reading about a Family in Kentucky USA who kept inbreeding and mayying only between cousins and their skin ended up turning blue and they all died out.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Health/blue-sk...ry?id=15759819

Established Member
    Last Online
    2019-06-30 @ 14:02
    N1c1*
    mtDNA
    H3g1
    Religion
    Evidence
    Finland

Mixing with people from different genetic background is usually beneficial for health. The phenomenon is known as heterosis where potentially harmful homozygous alleles are now matched with a different, healthy one. That may however lead to dilution of some advantageous genes, too. Inbreeding among Ashkenazi jews, for example, has lead some alleles that affect intelligence to enrich in their isolated populations which again has led to superior intelligence. Major outside admixture is likely to make them dumber.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jusarius For This Useful Post:

AFL27 B0TIJAS (2012-07-09), bilwi (2012-06-27), Crypto (2012-07-08)

Established Member
    Last Online
    2017-09-05 @ 15:06
    Europid
    Phenotype
    Atlantid
    Metaethnos
    Iberian
    Ethnicity
    Spaniard
    Spain Spain Castile Spain traditional European Union

No, not at all.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Vetton For This Useful Post:

Cygnus (2012-06-27)

Junior Member El Macaracachimba's Avatar
    Last Online
    2012-09-04 @ 18:23
    Race
    Biracial
    Austria Habsburg Paraguay Italy France fleur de lis

Quote Originally Posted by Jusarius View Post
    Mixing with people from different genetic background is usually beneficial for health. The phenomenon is known as heterosis where potentially harmful homozygous alleles are now matched with a different, healthy one. That may however lead to dilution of some advantageous genes, too. Inbreeding among Ashkenazi jews, for example, has lead some alleles that affect intelligence to enrich in their isolated populations which again has led to superior intelligence. Major outside admixture is likely to make them dumber.
    i disagree. ashkenazi may have an higher level of intelligence because of a favourable social environment, which encourages people to become more culturate. for an ashkenazi jew culture was perceived as a richness, even more important than its material counterpart.

if you read Isaac Singer's tales there is a number of cases in which poor, but educated jews were chosen by the richest men of their community to marry their daughters.

Established Member
    Last Online
    2014-10-10 @ 18:37
    Phenotype
    heptacosioiracial
    Religion
    Christian
    Argentina Italy

Quote Originally Posted by El Macaracachimba View Post
    i disagree. ashkenazi may have an higher level of intelligence because of a favourable social environment, which encourages people to become more culturate. for an ashkenazi jew culture was perceived as a richness, even more important than its material counterpart.

if you read Isaac Singer's tales there is a number of cases in which poor, but educated jews were chosen by the richest men of their community to marry their daughters.
    However, I think they are smarter than the average human being. Look at their average IQ (I think it's 113). As far as I know it can be explained by natural selection: stupid Jews were unlikely to survive the many centuries of persecution that they have suffered.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crypto For This Useful Post:

AFL27 B0TIJAS (2012-07-09), chuckynoris (2012-07-08)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Race
    Europid
    Phenotype
    Nordid
    Metaethnos
    Germanic
    Politics
    Far Right
    Canada Netherlands Netherlands Antilles Commonwealth United States Canada Weed Flag

I am not exactly in favor of ethnic mixing, especially in today's world. As for physical health, according to a UK National Cancer Intelligence Network (NCIN) study in 2002-2006, people from the mixed ethnic groups had a significantly lower risk of getting cancers than whites. As for mental health, this study by researchers at the Asian American Center on Disparities Research at the University of California, Davis, concludes that biracials are twice as likely as monoracials, to be diagnosed with a psychological disorder. Half-breeds often have identity problems because of society's ridiculous focus on the arbitrary, and these problems can grow into full-blown mental illnesses as the children approach adulthood. I pity them actually.

Established Member
    Last Online
    2019-07-19 @ 20:14
    Q-M3
    mtDNA
    A2
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Phenotype
    Mestizo
    Religion
    Atheist
    United States Mexico

I don't think it improves much, but it doesn't exactly hurt either.
    "Living or dying, it's not a big deal. What we should be concerned about is whether or not we're allowed to crawl to our graves."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast