User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Does ethnic mixing really improve health?2929 days old

  1. #1
    Established Member
    Brassy
    Last Online
    2014-12-10 @ 21:49
    Join Date
    2011-03-14
    Posts
    1,195
    Gender
    mtDNA
    J2b1a
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    North European/Anglo A
    Ethnicity
    Mostly Germanic
    Phenotype
    Subrace: Nordish mutt
    Politics
    Capitalism
    Religion
    Strict Rationality
    United States

    Default Does ethnic mixing really improve health?

    I've heard many people say that it is healthier to be mixed ethnicity or mixed race (not necessarily talking things like caucasian with mongolid) but I would have to disagree with this, but correct me if I'm wrong because my scientific knowledge is limited. The reason I disagree with this is that the dissimilar person probably has a whole host of other diseases they are genetically susceptible for and if you mixed with that person the offspring would have even more or the same chance of being unhealthy because they inherit the markers for diseases that are common in both ethnicities. If you have children with someone of the same ethnicity who has similar genes and more similar risk factors a few diseases may have a higher risk factor but they won't inherit a lot of new things thus increasing their chances of getting something.

    IMO the worst thing someone can do sometimes is mix different ethnicities within a race, because they both have unique things they are susceptible to, but their genes are more similar so that could make them more prevalent. If it was favorable for us to race mix it would probably be biologically wired and there would never have been social stigma in it. The only reason some people want to race mix is because it is more favorable for them to get the other person's physical traits than limit the number of markers for genetic diseases.
    Last edited by Pale Blonde; 2011-09-16 at 07:03.
    Lobotomies for all socialists, it's the law!

    "Pride is the recognition that you are your own highest value and, like all man's values it has to be earned." Ayn Rand.

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot
    Join Date
    2013-03-24
    Posts
    All threads
       
     

  3. #2
    Banned
    Race Scientist
    Last Online
    2011-09-17 @ 08:20
    Join Date
    2011-09-10
    Posts
    178
    Location
    Ciudad de México
    Gender
    Age
    32
    Metaethnos
    Alpinoid-At Med/Indio
    Ethnicity
    Mestizo
    Politics
    Black Panther
    Religion
    Catholic
    Mexico

    Default

    Me as a LatinAmerican is common to develop diabetes in eldery years, according to Medical Sources.
    I guess New world Blacks are highly vulnerable to develop Hipertension.

    I guess if i compare Mexican population and American population, It's really rare to see here people alleric to anything, it's almost unexistant, Also mental disorders like Anxiety, Depression, etc, but i guess that's because we have sun almost 365 days of the year

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Machinehead For This Useful Post:

    Pale Blonde (2011-09-16)

  5. #3
    Established Member
    Brassy
    Last Online
    2014-12-10 @ 21:49
    Join Date
    2011-03-14
    Posts
    1,195
    Gender
    mtDNA
    J2b1a
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    North European/Anglo A
    Ethnicity
    Mostly Germanic
    Phenotype
    Subrace: Nordish mutt
    Politics
    Capitalism
    Religion
    Strict Rationality
    United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
    Me as a LatinAmerican is common to develop diabetes in eldery years, according to Medical Sources.
    I guess New world Blacks are highly vulnerable to develop Hipertension.

    I guess if i compare Mexican population and American population, It's really rare to see here people alleric to anything, it's almost unexistant, Also mental disorders like Anxiety, Depression, etc, but i guess that's because we have sun almost 365 days of the year
    Allergies are complicated and have environmental factors. A lot of mental disorders are actually caused by the psychological hypochondriac culture. Everyone has weird thoughts and depressive episodes, that's a normal part of life, but we have a history of making money off of vulnerable people, just look at all the "as seen on tv" ads we have and you'll know what I mean.

    My family carries a lot of sh*t, although none of it is severe, mostly a lot of relatively common treatable stuff like juvenile diabetes and it's because we're Euro mutts. Everyone in my family has some kind of major health problem, except I and my mother who is less mixed. It seems I've lucked out so far though (although I did have some harmless but undesirable congenital quirks).
    Last edited by Pale Blonde; 2011-09-16 at 07:11.
    Lobotomies for all socialists, it's the law!

    "Pride is the recognition that you are your own highest value and, like all man's values it has to be earned." Ayn Rand.

  6. #4
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2011-06-29
    Posts
    6,555
    Gender

    Default

    Well, my fully Euro dad died of Melanoma, which is indicated by pale freckled skin in Europeans, and far less common in other groups. My own skin pigmentation SNP's are hybridized with Asians. My sons are probably even more hybridized than me, since my wife is also mixed like me, with a slightly higher Asian percentage. So I expect my sons are quite a bit less likely to get Melanoma than my dad was.

    Of course I wasn't thinking about that when I met, married, or impregnated my wife. My dad was alive and healthy. I was initially thinking that Asian girls are hot I suppose, and probably some Freudian stuff related to my mom.

  7. #5
    Banned
    Race Scientist
    Last Online
    2011-09-17 @ 08:20
    Join Date
    2011-09-10
    Posts
    178
    Location
    Ciudad de México
    Gender
    Age
    32
    Metaethnos
    Alpinoid-At Med/Indio
    Ethnicity
    Mestizo
    Politics
    Black Panther
    Religion
    Catholic
    Mexico

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Blonde View Post
    Allergies are complicated and have environmental factors. A lot of mental disorders are actually caused by the psychological hypochondriac culture. Everyone has weird thoughts and depressive episodes, that's a normal part of life, but we have a history of making money off of vulnerable people, just look at all the "as seen on tv" ads we have and you'll know what I mean.
    No but i was also refering to Peanut Allergies, or other allergies caused by food, i've seen free-peanut chocolate and candies in the States, we don't have that here. Actually i've never met anybody whose allergic to peanuts.

    However people in Mexico city tends to develop Sinus, or RinoSinusitis due pollution. It sucks if you ask me

  8. #6
    Established Member
    Brassy
    Last Online
    2014-12-10 @ 21:49
    Join Date
    2011-03-14
    Posts
    1,195
    Gender
    mtDNA
    J2b1a
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    North European/Anglo A
    Ethnicity
    Mostly Germanic
    Phenotype
    Subrace: Nordish mutt
    Politics
    Capitalism
    Religion
    Strict Rationality
    United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amerinese View Post
    Well, my fully Euro dad died of Melanoma, which is indicated by pale freckled skin in Europeans, and far less common in other groups. My own skin pigmentation SNP's are hybridized with Asians. My sons are probably even more hybridized than me, since my wife is also mixed like me, with a slightly higher Asian percentage. So I expect my sons are quite a bit less likely to get Melanoma than my dad was.

    Of course I wasn't thinking about that when I met, married, or impregnated my wife. My dad was alive and healthy. I was initially thinking that Asian girls are hot I suppose, and probably some Freudian stuff related to my mom.
    I didn't mean to imply that anyone thinks of such things. I was just making the point that if it was beneficial for our survival, we would be hardwired to race mix. It is highly possible that the body can have more attraction based on genetic information in pheremones.

    Of course it can breed out some things, but with the vast majority you still have a moderately high chance of getting it. Even black people can get melanoma, esp if they have a risk factor.
    Last edited by Pale Blonde; 2011-09-16 at 07:16.
    Lobotomies for all socialists, it's the law!

    "Pride is the recognition that you are your own highest value and, like all man's values it has to be earned." Ayn Rand.

  9. #7
    Banned
    Race Scientist
    Last Online
    2011-09-17 @ 08:20
    Join Date
    2011-09-10
    Posts
    178
    Location
    Ciudad de México
    Gender
    Age
    32
    Metaethnos
    Alpinoid-At Med/Indio
    Ethnicity
    Mestizo
    Politics
    Black Panther
    Religion
    Catholic
    Mexico

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Blonde View Post

    My family carries a lot of sh*t, although none of it is severe, mostly a lot of relatively common treatable stuff like juvenile diabetes and it's because we're Euro mutts. Everyone in my family has some kind of major health problem, except I and my mother who is less mixed. It seems I've lucked out so far though (although I did have some harmless but undesirable congenital quirks).
    What blood type are you?

    ---------- Post added 2011-09-16 at 01:19 ----------

    I just wanted to add somethig curious, people among Mediterranean countries seem to be healthy, and those are Euro mutts, However one of the most un.mixed population in Spain, and in Europe; The basques, due isolation, there's a irregular insomia disorder which is uncurable. It's uncommon worldwide, but a great % worldwide comes from one of the most Unmixed populations in Europe.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Machinehead For This Useful Post:

    sonic41 (2011-09-16)

  11. #8
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2011-06-29
    Posts
    6,555
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Blonde View Post
    Even black people can get melanoma, esp if they have a risk factor.
    They can, but it is extremely rare. The known risk factors for sub-cutaneous Melanoma are pale freckled skin with a high number of moles, especially irregular ones, and excessive sun exposure. Anybody who bakes in the sun (or tanning bed) a lot is increasing their risk. There's a medical genetic test for it, which returns positive more often among red-haired and freckled Northern Euros.

    Japanese are also at extremely low risk for sub-cutaneous, despite being relatively pale in many cases. They are at relatively higher risk for nodular and ocular Melanoma, which are rarer than sub-cutaneous, but have normally progressed before detection, so are more often fatal.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to amerinese For This Useful Post:

    Pale Blonde (2011-09-16)

  13. #9
    Established Member
    Brassy
    Last Online
    2014-12-10 @ 21:49
    Join Date
    2011-03-14
    Posts
    1,195
    Gender
    mtDNA
    J2b1a
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    North European/Anglo A
    Ethnicity
    Mostly Germanic
    Phenotype
    Subrace: Nordish mutt
    Politics
    Capitalism
    Religion
    Strict Rationality
    United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
    No but i was also refering to Peanut Allergies, or other allergies caused by food, i've seen free-peanut chocolate and candies in the States, we don't have that here. Actually i've never met anybody whose allergic to peanuts.

    However people in Mexico city tends to develop Sinus, or RinoSinusitis due pollution. It sucks if you ask me
    Peanut allergies can indeed have many environmental factors, but they are def more prevalent in certain races. I may be wrong but I think whites have a higher liklihood of this. But certain races in general have a higher rate of all food allergies. They did a recent study that suggests black children are much more likely to develop them than white children.

    ---------- Post added 2011-09-16 at 02:22 ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by amerinese View Post
    They can, but it is extremely rare. The known risk factors for sub-cutaneous Melanoma are pale freckled skin with a high number of moles, especially irregular ones, and excessive sun exposure. Anybody who bakes in the sun (or tanning bed) a lot is increasing their risk. There's a medical genetic test for it, which returns positive more often among red-haired and freckled Northern Euros.

    Japanese are also at extremely low risk for sub-cutaneous, despite being relatively pale in many cases. They are at relatively higher risk for nodular and ocular Melanoma, which are rarer than sub-cutaneous, but have normally progressed before detection, so are more often fatal.
    See, I'm not so sure about that because melanoma is pretty prevalant in my family, but I have a decreased risk factor for it on 23 and me. Although this could just be because they came from Texas and I really do have a decreased risk for it genetically, just have pale skin and a lot of moles.

    ---------- Post added 2011-09-16 at 02:26 ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
    What blood type are you?

    ---------- Post added 2011-09-16 at 01:19 ----------

    I just wanted to add somethig curious, people among Mediterranean countries seem to be healthy, and those are Euro mutts, However one of the most un.mixed population in Spain, and in Europe; The basques, due isolation, there's a irregular insomia disorder which is uncurable. It's uncommon worldwide, but a great % worldwide comes from one of the most Unmixed populations in Europe.
    I am A+

    That could just be because of their lifestyle. If they didn't have their healthy lifestyle, I'm sure they would inherit more stuff.

    I didn't say that being ethnically pure doesn't put you at increased risk for particular things. You could have the same amount of unhealthiness from all these little random conditions that you get from both sides which are enhanced by the racial similarity of both ethnicities.
    Last edited by Pale Blonde; 2011-09-16 at 07:28.
    Lobotomies for all socialists, it's the law!

    "Pride is the recognition that you are your own highest value and, like all man's values it has to be earned." Ayn Rand.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pale Blonde For This Useful Post:

    Machinehead (2011-09-16)

  15. #10
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2011-06-29
    Posts
    6,555
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Blonde View Post
    See, I'm not so sure about that because melanoma is pretty prevalant in my family, but I have a decreased risk factor for it on 23 and me. Although this could just be because they came from Texas and I really do have a decreased risk for it genetically, just have pale skin and a lot of moles.
    It's a tricky disease. The primary tumor showed up on my dad where he got very little sun exposure. He also wasn't red haired, pale, or freckled in particular. If you have multiple direct family members with a history of it, you should qualify for the official medical DNA test. I don't know what it provides beyond the 23andMe SNP's, if anything, since I haven't taken it myself.

    Like you mentioned, being from Texas, they probably spent a lot of time outdoors baking in the sun when they were younger, just like my dad did in Miami when he was a boy, not to mention all those years we spent out on the lake, and all the outdoor gigs he played. In the end, though, the tumor popped where the sun didn't shine on any regular basis.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to amerinese For This Useful Post:

    Pale Blonde (2011-09-16)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The effects of racial mixing?
    By Baboon in forum Physical Anthropology
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2019-06-26, 00:55
  2. Why race-mixing can be one-sided
    By Wickedgirl in forum Race & Ethnicity in Society
    Replies: 682
    Last Post: 2018-08-28, 19:39
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 2012-04-18, 04:58
  4. Interbreeding: Ethnic-Race-Mixing
    By Unome in forum Ethnicity, Race & Nation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2011-05-10, 12:39
  5. Why Randomly-Selected Politicians Would Improve Democracy
    By rice in forum Current Affairs & Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2011-03-15, 23:36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
<