User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Should the Arabs and Israel cooperate against Iran?2891 days old

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    The Byzantine Empire was null compared to the ancient Middle Eastern civilizations. C wat I did there? The Northern part of the Middle East was far superior to Arabia throughout history, the only reason it was surpassed was due to the weakness of the Byzantine Empire which lost the territory to the Arabs.
    middle eastern civilisations that dissapeared from the face of the earth with islam

Partly, maybe. Not fully. The Islamic civilizations were highly advanced...you're just highly biased against it due to obvious reasons and so I don't expect you to be forthcoming. Don't worry.
    highly advanced in contrast to what "western europe" was at the time.
    as i said it is propaganda.

None of those nations would use those weapons on each other. They have far too much at stake. America and China are business partners and they can't possibly afford to lose each other. Mother Russia would like to restore its position in the world, it's not looking for a conflict against the United States. The world powers are kept in line due to Nuclear deterrence. That won't be the case with Iran which is a nation ruled by extremists, those boys are totally insane.
    i don't dissagree, but obtaining a couple of nuclear weapons wont put iran in the same category.
    do you feel threatened that israel has nuclear weapons?

I'm not suggesting imperialistic actions. I am using logic...if Iran is undermined then it will no longer be able to support Hamas and Hezbollah. This means that those groups will no longer have the means to launch rockets at Israel, or become severely crippled as they will lose their main sponsor. When that happens, peace in the area will become far more likely. Iran being unable to obtain nukes also makes the whole region safer because a nuclear armed Iran will cause a nuclear arms race in the Middle East. Do you want that? Do you want nations such as Yemen and Kuwait to start developing their own nuclear weapons programs?
    so mister policy maker, in order for iran to not suport others, you would be willing to invade it?
    do you understand the costs, both on people and material?
    and lets not forget that iran is not iraq, iran has the ability to defend itself.

as for the nuclear weapons, i don't see how the advantage of having nuclear weapons can have an effect on the area other than the "balance of terror", which infact wont remove the minor issues but it will make sure that bigger ones wont come up.

btw kuwait has just 4 million people

Then don't make haughty statements such as the one you made against me earlier about the number of deaths in war.
    time to learn something

9/11

Death(s) 2,977 (+ 19 hijackers)
    Injured More than 6,000

war in iraq

Coalition Forces
    Killed: 4,794[22][23] (4,476 U.S.,[24] 179 UK,[25] 139 other)
    Missing/captured (U.S.): 11 (9 rescued)[26]
    Wounded: 32,629+ (32,102 U.S.,[27] 315 UK, 212+ other[28])[29][30][31][32] Injured/diseased/other medical:** 51,139 (47,541 U.S.,[33] 3,598 UK)[29][31][32]

and that is only for your countrys military..

You're arguing from an emotional standpoint. I understand, you're frustrated...but calm down. I'm not afraid of Iran, I just want to see peace in the region (Middle East) and I know Iran is one of the main destabilizing factors. If Iran were to become peaceful and cease its nuclear weapons program as well as stopped sending weapons to splinter groups then that would be great.
    no boy, i am not emotional, i just say things as they are, i leave the hypocricy and the bullshit to you

If Iran attacks Israel, it will get destroyed. Israel has a superior military to Iran and is backed by America. Even in a conventional war, Iran cannot defeat Israel. The only way it can "destroy" Israel is by launching a nuclear weapon. That weapon will also kill many others in the region which shows just how crazy Iran would be. If Iran attacked American interests in the Gulf it would provoke a strong reaction from the US as well. Iran has a large military but it has no chance against America or Israel militarily.
    if you had the necessery inteligence you would notice that iran doesn't have common borders with israel.
    exactly like in the "tention" between israel and turkey, no common borders means no army that in turn means no war.
    those guys who are politicians and do have generals as well as advisors of all sorts, do know how to act, what to say and how to create tention.
    you see ahmadinejad going hitler in the UN? what makes you think that he does believe all the crap he says?

as for a potential strike, infact that is out of question, as you did manage to notice, if iran attacks israel iran will be wiped off the map, thus iran wont attack israel.
    but iran does want nukes, so they can play the nuclear power game, which israel doesn't like and that is why you are now being brainwashed.

the real question that is to be answered is the following, will united states make any profit from "solving" the "iran problem"?
    if yes, iran will be attacked,
    if not, iran will develop nuclear weapons and the west will depend on what she is allready doing.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1g
    Race
    West Eurasian
    Ethnicity
    Maronite
    Skull and crossbones Skull and crossbones Skull and crossbones

Hehe, seems Iran's days are numbered. Top secret talks about a coalition are being held as we speak. My mighty Hebrew brothers are going to tear the Iranians into pieces just like the Arabs did a few decades ago in the Iran/Iraq war.

[imglink]http://www.shoreshim.co.uk/sites/default/files/HebrewText.jpg[/imglink]
    Last edited by Helios; 2011-11-04 at 06:49.

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist Acquisitorz's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Liberal
    Religion
    Lol
    Flanders lion Israel Russia

Iran has one advantage though, it has many missiles, if they all get fired then some will not be intercepted and cause damage.
    I'm for the attack; but for a smart one. Kinda strange that all this info about imminent attack has beel "leaking" out for years now, the element of surprise wont be there anymore.

Why do I support an attack against Iranian nuclear research facilities ? not because Iran is a muslim state and not because of its barking against Israel; the reason is that believe that Iran as a country poses serious threat to the world and is too immature to handle nuclear weapons. Pakistan with nukes = ok; even Egypt with nukes = ok; but Iran = no.

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @

Since both of you are religious fundamentalist states I hope you two annihilate each other. That is the best possible thing that can ever happen to the region.

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist Acquisitorz's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Liberal
    Religion
    Lol
    Flanders lion Israel Russia

Quote Originally Posted by annihilus View Post
    Since both of you are religious fundamentalist states I hope you two annihilate each other. That is the best possible thing that can ever happen to the region.
    only after turkey has been destroyed by a mega earthquake or sunk under the see nobody would miss that lovely country of yours either.

on a more serious note, great answer, really.

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @

'Iran far from posing existential threat'

Ex-Mossad Chief Ephraim Halevy warns strike on Iran could have devastating effect for region. 'Ultra-Orthodox radicalization poses bigger threat than Ahmadinejad,' he says

Former Mossad Chief Ephraim Halevy warned against an Israeli strike on Iran, saying that the results of a confrontation could be devastating for the Mideast.

"The State of Israel cannot be destroyed," he told Ynet on Friday. "An attack on Iran could affect not only Israel, but the entire region for 100 years."

The former head of the Israeli secret service said Thursday during an army boarding school reunion that while Iran should be prevented from becoming a nuclear power, its capabilities are still "far from posing an existential threat to Israel."

"The growing haredi radicalization poses a bigger risk than Ahmadinejad," Halevy said, adding that "the ultra-Orthodox extremism has darkened our lives."

Political-Security Cabinet member and Housing and Construction Minister Ariel Atias slammed Halevy for claiming that the "ultra-Orthodox radicalization" poses a bigger threat for Israel than a nuclear Iran.

"Halevy's statements are shocking and inciting and they divide the people of Israel at a time when it needs unity more than ever," Atias said, urging the former Israeli intelligence head to apologize.

The Shas minister claimed he had a hard time understanding "how a Jewish man, who was the head of the Mossad, expresses himself in such a shameful, untruthful and provocative manner against the Jewish public, whose only sin is keeping the Jewish people's heritage alive without enforcing it upon anyone."

This wasn't the first time that Halevy, who headed the Mossad between 1998-2002, expressed opposition to an attack on Iran. In 2008, he told Time Magazine that the measure should only be used as a last resort, as its effects could resonate in the region for a century.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to annihilus For This Useful Post:

enkidu_ (2011-11-05)

Established Member
    Last Online
    2017-06-25 @ 11:24
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    R0a2
    Metaethnos
    Nord-Pixeloid
    Phenotype
    NordIndid~GracileIndid
    Politics
    Cherry A. Law
    Religion
    Amor fati
    Belgium Pakistan

An Israel-Iran war will be a regional suicide, and I think that every State actors are mature enough to know that. I don't see any war against Iran, the case is obviously different than Iraq and Afghanistan for diverse reasons (Iran has local support, better overall infrastructure, ...), the USA will just capitalize on the anti-regime civil society in order to put pressure for a political change (and seeing Iran's demographics, I do think that the Islamic regime will disappear in some decades.)
    The Iranian clerics, too, are subtle politicians.
    "... musical training can strongly protect the aging brain from a cognitive decay." (Claudio Brigati et al 2012)

Mun tu shudam tu mun shudi,
    Mun tun shudam tu jaan shudi.
    Taa kas na goyad baad azeen,
    Mun deegaram tu deegari.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Race
    Europid
    Phenotype
    Nordid
    Metaethnos
    Germanic
    Politics
    Far Right
    Canada Netherlands Netherlands Antilles Commonwealth United States Canada Weed Flag

Personally, nope. But we have terrorists calling others terrorists. Perhaps, only the liberals see Iran as a civilized country and with civilized government. Reason, Iran terrorists are annoyed with Trump. Liberals do see all Arab terrorists as victims. Which would be the lesser of these Muslim terrorist groups? ISIS and similar ones or Shiites from Iran? Liberals think the lesser ones are the Sunni ones. At one time, they were worse. Nowadays, it's the Iranians and their proxies in Syria and Lebanon. Trump thinks so, too. Destroy the Iranian ones first, then go after the Sunni ones. Saudis and (((others))) want to get rid of the proxies. Iran does not want to get rid of themselves. Trump picked wisely.

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist ~Elizabeth~'s Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    H1c12
    Politics
    Trump 2020
    United States

I also say no. Leave Iran alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    What does the twitter image say?

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Race
    Europid
    Phenotype
    Nordid
    Metaethnos
    Germanic
    Politics
    Far Right
    Canada Netherlands Netherlands Antilles Commonwealth United States Canada Weed Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ~Elizabeth~ View Post
    What does the twitter image say?
    Chicken scratch says that “I’m dying to see the face of Uncle Obama who came up with a million excuses to avoid attacking Assad,” Feras tweeted. “Strike them, Trump, we’re with you and you’ll never walk alone.”

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Silk For This Useful Post:

~Elizabeth~ (2017-04-15)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast