Phenotype
    sort of like Ice Cube
    Politics
    MildlyLiberal/Centrist
    Religion
    I believe in Yahoshua
    United States

Question Who were the Elamites?

I personally think they were the insitu inhabitants with pigmentation that was a remnant of prehistory, and so native Southern Asians, they don't look specifically Veddoid to me.

[imglink]http://sarabe3.tripod.com/images/image049.jpg[/imglink]

[imglink]http://www.biblepicturegallery.com/Thumbs/pa/world/nations/people/Son%20of%20Shem%20-%20Elam%20(Gen1022)%20Elamite%20soldier%20Frie.jpg[/imglink]

[imglink]http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/1812/gilgameshishtargateparade0cn.jpg[/imglink]

[imglink]http://i29.tinypic.com/2vwdbo4.jpg[/imglink]
    Curious rule here: There is an exception to every rule.

The above rule, if true, would mean it was true for each rule (as by it's own words it specifies "every rule"), thus becoming the exception to itself, thus further solidifying its own truth / validity / veracity.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    2019-01-24 @ 05:16
    Europid
    Phenotype
    Cromagnid
    Metaethnos
    Germanic/Celtic
    Ethnicity
    German Irish-Scot
    Phenotype
    Faelid/North Atlantid
    Politics
    Libertarianism
    Religion
    Master Morality
    Germany Ireland Italy

As far as I know the Proto-Elamites are related to the Dravidians they probably migrated from the Indus Valley region into Southern Iran and they were darkly pigmented. They were overcome by the Assyrians at one point and eventually absorbed into the empires constructed by the Medes and Persians. I don't recall them building any civilization that would be could be considered as one of the top civilizations in human history but they were somewhere in the middle of the line. I think they used the chariot and built rather complex architectural structures for the time period. My knowledge on them is rather limited though all I know is that ethnically and linguistically the are related to the Proto-Elamites who have their roots in the Indus Valley Region and Pakistan.

Established Member
    Last Online
    2017-06-30 @ 19:30
    North American
    Ethnicity
    Afro-American
    Phenotype
    sort of like Ice Cube
    Politics
    MildlyLiberal/Centrist
    Religion
    I believe in Yahoshua
    United States

Thanks, this is more or less my viewpoint as well, though all (at least somewhat informed) opinions are welcome.
    Curious rule here: There is an exception to every rule.

The above rule, if true, would mean it was true for each rule (as by it's own words it specifies "every rule"), thus becoming the exception to itself, thus further solidifying its own truth / validity / veracity.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to EclectYummination For This Useful Post:

GeistFaust (2011-09-24)

Established Member
    Last Online
    2019-04-23 @ 23:05

They might of been tanned darker then they really were. Those regions in Iran are hot and take into account that soldiers were always outdoors in the sun training back in the ancient times. No one is actually sure which group they were related to, they might of been related genetically to Middle-Easteners and Dravidians as they would of been mixed, as they were so close to other groups in the region like Babylonians..ect.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to StarDS9 For This Useful Post:

World_citizen (2011-10-21)

Established Member
    (touch my) Junior Member Prince Chupacabra's Avatar
    Last Online
    2012-06-19 @ 05:24
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Ethnicity
    usually Italian
    Phenotype
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Marijuana-Facism
    Religion
    MediterraneanSupremacy
    Poland Lebanon Confederate States of America

i always assumed them to be of the same race as Sumerians. Whatever they were haha
    Livin' on the other side!

Ron Paul 2012

Last Online
    2015-04-08 @ 14:32
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Assyrid
    Ethnicity
    Semitic-Iranian
    Religion
    ISLAM-SHIA
    Iraq Islamic Republic of Iran Yemen Egypt Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

Quote Originally Posted by EclectYummination View Post

[imglink]http://sarabe3.tripod.com/images/image049.jpg[/imglink]

[imglink]http://www.biblepicturegallery.com/Thumbs/pa/world/nations/people/Son%20of%20Shem%20-%20Elam%20(Gen1022)%20Elamite%20soldier%20Frie.jpg[/imglink]
    This is not Elamite This is Persian soldier.
    Elamites and Sumerians are not Dravidians Elamites of the Caucasian race, this thing is clear but The Sumerians of their ethnic identity is not clear Sumerians were short people compared with Semitic and Iranian ,There are a few Sumerian statues of bearded men and Most of the men in the Sumerian statues baldness I think that the Sumerians Mongolian.

Sumerians

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyLGFla0nS4

----------------------------------------------------------

Elamites

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4rCt9VH2sw

Established Member
    Last Online
    2019-04-23 @ 23:05

It is Elamite soldier, Persian soldiers wore different clothes.

Also many people take the the dark tone of the reliefs as if the people were naturaly dark that way. Like I had previously mentioned those regions of Iran are hot and west asian and ME tan faster and darker then Europeans. I have seen many Iranians from south iran who were that dark from been in the sun too long.

Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    Metaethnos
    American
    United States Canada

Quote Originally Posted by StarDS9 View Post
    It is Elamite soldier, Persian soldiers wore different clothes.

Also many people take the the dark tone of the reliefs as if the people were naturaly dark that way. Like I had previously mentioned those regions of Iran are hot and west asian and ME tan faster and darker then Europeans. I have seen many Iranians from south iran who were that dark from been in the sun too long.
    Those guys in the reliefs are extremely dark brown though. Even their feet are pretty brown and the feet are normally one of the least exposed areas to sunlight. Although, I can imagine they might have been very exposed if someone was barefoot or in sandals. I'm sure the majority of Middle Easterners can tan a few shades darker than their natural skin tone but I'm sure the people who created the reliefs would take tanning into consideration.

I mean the ancient Egyptians depicted Libyans as very pale in comparison to themselves and many Libyans can tan extremely well into various shades of brown.
    Last edited by mac; 2012-05-14 at 13:18.

Established Member
    -
    Last Online
    @

Would anyone have a linguistic study on some basic words and also numerals in the Elamite language? I recently observed that the Sumerian word for city is uur/uuru. Interestingly enough, the Dravidian word for city too is ooru/oor. I was wondering what the word for city or town was in Elamite and whether the existence of such a cognate across all three languages further substantiates the validity of the Elamo-Dravidian language family and/or the possible borrowing of a few words by the ancestral Elamites and Dravidians from the Sumerians. There are some other similar words shared between Sumerian and Dravidian -
    • - Sumerian uru (with a short u pronunciation) means to till or grow. Ulu means to-till in Kannada (Dravidian) and urpini has the same meaning in Tulu (also Dravidian).
    • - The Sumerian word for the numeral five is ia/i. It is ain in Tulu, aidu in Kannada and anju/aintu in Tamil.
    • - Sig (which entails sun burnt clay tiles in Sumerian) finds analogous counterparts in the Kannada word Sike or seke (which translates into sunny sultriness) and Sigadi in Tulu (which translates into fire place/oven).
    Last edited by Vasishta; 2012-05-14 at 13:33. Reason: Clarification

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Vasishta For This Useful Post:

mac (2012-05-14)

Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    Metaethnos
    American
    United States Canada

@Vasishta

This is the most informative paper I could find on the Elamite language. Although, I couldn't find any study with a study focused on simple words or numerals.

http://starling.rinet.ru/Texts/elam.pdf

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast