Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Southron
    Politics
    Orbán-esque

I'm reading Eye of the Moon by Ivan Obolensky.

Amnesty Member
    Molecular Biologist The American's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:05
    Y-DNA
    R-P311
    mtDNA
    K1a3a1
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    Celtic and Germanic.
    Ethnicity
    European-American.
    Politics
    Independent.
    Religion
    Roman Catholic.
    United States United Kingdom Ireland France Germany Netherlands

The Russian Church and the Papacy

The Russian Church and the Papacy, edited by Father Ray Ryland, is an abridgement of Vladimir Soloviev's classic work, Russia and the Universal Church. This is a powerful defense of the papacy from Soloviev, a Russian Orthodox theologian who was committed to the cause of Christian unity and spent years attempting to convince his Orthodox brethren to reunite with Rome. Soloviev uses Scripture, history, and hardheaded logic to prove that the papacy is essential to Christian unity and truth, and without it the early Christian Church would have disintegrated into hundreds of competing sects.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...and_the_Papacy
    The publicity I have been getting, a good deal of which is untrue, and the rest of it ill considered, has done me more harm than good.
    General George S. Patton

Established Member
    Last Online
    2018-09-14 @ 05:12
    Y-DNA
    R1b-A228
    mtDNA
    H2a2a1
    Race
    Europid
    Ethnicity
    SouthWest English
    Phenotype
    Obsolete terminology
    GEDmatch
    A703943
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by The American View Post
    The Russian Church and the Papacy

The Russian Church and the Papacy, edited by Father Ray Ryland, is an abridgement of Vladimir Soloviev's classic work, Russia and the Universal Church. This is a powerful defense of the papacy from Soloviev, a Russian Orthodox theologian who was committed to the cause of Christian unity and spent years attempting to convince his Orthodox brethren to reunite with Rome. Soloviev uses Scripture, history, and hardheaded logic to prove that the papacy is essential to Christian unity and truth, and without it the early Christian Church would have disintegrated into hundreds of competing sects.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...and_the_Papacy
    As far as I know all the most prosperous parts of Europe, today, in modern times, are Protestant. Catholicism is strictly prohibited in England (see the history of Guy Fawkes, for example). However, unlike Lutheranism, Calvinism and Presbyterianism -- Episcopalianism and Anglicinism share Catholic attributes with the Catholic Church but we are not connected to the Papacy in anyway. If the Pope ever tries to go to like Northern Europe or England hopefully a muslim chops off his head or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I am not reading anything because after I broke my Kobo Aura ONE I bought a Kindle Oasis (which got stolen by an American) and then a cheaper kindle paperhwhite (which got stolen by an American) because I am in Manhattan and Americans are worthless scumbags.
    Eurogenes K15 :

Using 1 population approximation:
    1 Southwest_English @ 4.214358

puntDNAL K12 Modern Oracle :

# Population (source) Distance
    1 English_South 2.54

http://www.celebrityendorsementads.c...hanel-coco.jpg

Amnesty Member
    Molecular Biologist The American's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:05
    Y-DNA
    R-P311
    mtDNA
    K1a3a1
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    Celtic and Germanic.
    Ethnicity
    European-American.
    Politics
    Independent.
    Religion
    Roman Catholic.
    United States United Kingdom Ireland France Germany Netherlands

England left the fold of the Catholic Church because the Pope wouldn't let Henry Tudor divorce Catherine of Aragon.
    The publicity I have been getting, a good deal of which is untrue, and the rest of it ill considered, has done me more harm than good.
    General George S. Patton

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 13:28

Hi, all! I'm new to this forum, but it has been so wonderful to read this thread--the variety of books and titles listed here is very pleasing. I am currently preparing for a PhD on ontology and atomic physics. I am yet to tie the two together convincingly, but I have begun reading to this end. Otherwise my funding will be scrapped. So, I am currently reading some non-fiction for pleasure and, of course, the mandatory coursework.

Non-fiction: I am currently reading The Pleasures of Reading in an Age of Distraction by Alan Jacobs, and it is brilliant. I have never enjoyed non-fiction more. The book is extremely nuanced and well-presented, taking into account concerns such as class, disposition, and what it means to be able to read only at libraries. This last aspect really opened my eye. For instance, Jacobs talks about how those who cannot access books other than at a library may have no choice but to leave notes or markings on the pages. He's not claiming that it's right. Just that the already public nature of books housed in a library becomes enhanced this way. It comes to bear the mark of an active, reading, comprehending mind--a mind that may also be struggling from poverty or exclusion (Of course, he isn't as hyperbolic as I am being right now). In short, it's a beautiful book--so many insights presented so generously.

Dreaded coursework: I have a relentless advisor-cum-instructor, who is determined to make me read an entire series on Calculus. This really is my list, and I am told I can't skip more than 3 titles. But I will. It's still tedious and unrewarding.

Last Online
    2018-09-11 @ 19:02

I am reading a novel "If I Stay" and it is amazing.

Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71