User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The media is responsible for the downfall of society2859 days old

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2019-08-20 @ 17:23

Quote Originally Posted by Woden View Post
    The media also persists that the American southerners are all white "rednecks". It seems it's politically correct to openly call southerners, or any white person who disagrees with you, a "redneck". Few actually realize this is a racist remark against white people. I guess we all need to start praying towards Mecca now huh?
    Regional stereotypes are certainly common to many countries, not just the US. One is the myth of the sophisticated, elite urban dweller and the backwards countryside inhabitant. There are places where this stereotype or commonly held perception exists. Its highly doubtful to suggest this has origins within the mainstream media, an example with the term "redneck" being the archetype or stereotype of a poor, rural white person.

Another one is dark or tanned skin implying inferior status or a low socioeconomic background as a result of the more affluent being able to avoid manual labor in the hot sun.

I usually can't help but notice that the media in the US usually almost always depict blacks and Latinos as urban dwellers when many live in rural areas, away from a large metropolis areas.
    Last edited by Quimbara; 2017-01-29 at 22:40.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Quimbara For This Useful Post:

Sun Shield Pakal (2017-01-31)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Race
    Europid
    Phenotype
    Nordid
    Metaethnos
    Germanic
    Politics
    Far Right
    Canada Netherlands Netherlands Antilles Commonwealth United States Canada Weed Flag

How The BBC Bucked The Trend On Hiring Minorities.

This year she was voted Britain's favourite Blue Peter presenter, but Konnie Huq has admitted the BBC probably gave her the job because she is Asian.
    The 41-year-old spent 11 years on the show between 1997 and 2008 and surpassed Valerie Singleton as the longest serving female host.
    But mother-of-two Ms Huq, who married sweary satirist Charlie Brooker in Vegas in 2010, admits the BBC's 'PC' bosses may have chosen her because of her ethnicity.
    She told the Daily Star: 'When I started out in television over 20 years ago, being Asian probably helped because the BBC had to be PC and get ethnic minorities in.
    'Not that I don't think I'm talented. But back then, it helped pave the way'.
    She says that TV has now changed and there are many more ethnic minorities on screen.
    She said: 'There are a lot more Asian faces on telly now than when I started out.'

Konnie has pointed to the success of Bake Off winner Nadiya Hussain and BBC Breakfast presenter Naga Munchetty.
    But she says that she has been largely shielded from the racist abuse they have suffered.
    She said: 'As I started off on kids' TV, that's a much harder target. I'm fortunate to have not had that'.
    This month she was won the RadioTimes.com poll of 7,000 readers who said she was Blue Peter's best ever presenter, winning 30 per cent of the vote.

Describing her 11 years there she said: 'It was such fun. I think that's why I didn't leave, because if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I was enjoying it so much that I stayed on it for ages and ages and ages because I just loved doing that job.
    'The brilliant thing about Blue Peter is the variety of the stuff you do and the experiences that you have, just amazing experiences. Because Blue Peter can get you access to places – if you go to somewhere like Nasa, you don't just see what most people see, you can get a lot of behind the scenes access. You can talk to an astronaut'.

The Cambridge graduate, who is a Labour supporter and whose sister Rupa is MP for Ealing Central and Acton, married sweary TV critic Charlie Brooker in a secret ceremony in Las Vegas in 2010.
    The former Blue Peter presenter and the acid-witted host of BBC's Screenwipe eloped to avoid the fuss of a showbiz wedding.
    They have two children: Covey, four, and Huxley, two.
    In 2015 she admitted they may not be legally married to Brooker.
    She said: We were married in Vegas and my friend's friend was also married in Vegas.
    'They went to get a divorce and found out that their marriage isn't recognised over here because they didn't send the paperwork off. I don't think we sent the paperwork off either... You have four years to send it off, but it was in 2010.'
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Peter-job.html

Most civilized workplaces have stopped tokenism and are only hiring the most qualified candidates. As for the BBC, if their blatant ongoing policy of putting diversity before ability, in order to satiate the ludicrous leftard agenda, then why not say the truth about reality? The issue being millions like myself, will never compromise our morals or integrity by agreeing with things, that are a complete contradiction to our set of values. A good way to change things is to remind Brits of their rich history, and how England was forged by so many different people from different lands. Black people, for instance, have been there since the days of Rome, and in the Medieval age could be seen in the Royal court. And in Dark Ages era England, certain Kingdoms had dealings with the Islamic world, inscribing Arabic on their coinage as a sign of good faith between them. I have noticed in the past several years, how the word "racist" is so easily used to shut people up and make them do what the accuser wants. It's harassment. Like the scarlet letter of the modern age. The real danger comes from anyone, who uses dog-whistling terms such as "diversity", as they are the ones who truly want to end the Western society and hide behind seemingly benign causes, such as "anti-racism". Minorities should remain MINORITIES and jobs should be provided based on intelligence and not by favoritism! If people want to see minorities read the news, why don't they just watch Al Jazeera? Let's hope the West can get itself in order.

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    SD
    Religion
    Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    [B]A good way to change things is to remind Brits of their rich history, and how England was forged by so many different people from different lands. Black people, for instance, have been there since the days of Rome, and in the Medieval age could be seen in the Royal court. And in Dark Ages era England, certain Kingdoms had dealings with the Islamic world, inscribing Arabic on their coinage as a sign of good faith between them.
    Agree. English towns allready at the time of Charles Dickens looked like Paki-Africa, with many mosques.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Janos For This Useful Post:

Tamerlane (2017-01-31)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Race
    Europid
    Phenotype
    Nordid
    Metaethnos
    Germanic
    Politics
    Far Right
    Canada Netherlands Netherlands Antilles Commonwealth United States Canada Weed Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Janos View Post
    Agree. English towns allready at the time of Charles Dickens looked like Paki-Africa, with many mosques.
    You can't compare that with modern London or Sweden though.

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    SD
    Religion
    Christianity

I was under the impression that you were ironic. How many blacks in medieval English portraits have you seen?

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Race
    Europid
    Phenotype
    Nordid
    Metaethnos
    Germanic
    Politics
    Far Right

How many blacks in medieval English portraits have you seen?
    Those are nothing, compared to what you see today.

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    SD
    Religion
    Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Those are nothing, compared to what you see today.
    So wait, there were Blacks in England allready during the times of the Roman invasion? One or two?

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Race
    Europid
    Phenotype
    Nordid
    Metaethnos
    Germanic
    Politics
    Far Right

So wait, there were Blacks in England allready during the times of the Roman invasion? One or two?
    Possible, the British Chinese community is the oldest Chinese community in Western Europe.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Race
    Europid
    Phenotype
    Nordid
    Metaethnos
    Germanic
    Politics
    Far Right

NBC wants to become like Fox News?

Media insiders are buzzing that Andy Lack wants NBC to become “the next Fox News” after he poached cable stars Greta Van Susteren and Megyn Kelly from the network.

“He believes he’s building MSNBC and NBC into the next Fox. It seems the network wants to take a more conservative tone,” a source said.

Kelly was hired at NBC without an official time slot, but Page Six exclusively revealed she would be taking over the “9 a.m. or 10 a.m. hour” of “Today” in September.

We’re told she is getting paid about $12 million a year for the gig, which will include a Sunday talk show.

Some fear Kelly may not be worth the bucks since her Fox replacement Tucker Carlson nearly doubled her ratings on Fox News after her departure.

We hear MSNBC anchor Joy Reid may also be on the chopping block.

An MSNBC spokesperson, however, insisted that Reid “is working under contract. And the network wants her to stay.”

A rep for NBC said, “The only thing Andy Lack is interested in ‘tilting toward’ is even more good journalism.”
    http://pagesix.com/2017/01/29/nbc-wa...536.1485774844

NBC is realizing they've been exposed as fake news, along with CBS, ABC, CNN, etc., and are trying to avoid being irrelevant. This must really burn the leftards up. It's pretty clear who their target audience is. They think just because Megyn Kelly left Fox after her contract was up, because they wouldn't give her what she wanted and everyone hated her guts on there, that she is going to bring conservative viewers to NBC? I was ecstatic when Fox announced that Kelly would be leaving. I have had enough of her smug, holier-than-thou bullshit. Tucker Carlson is much easier to watch and his style is a lot down-to-earth and enjoyable. He eats up and spits out leftards like a wood chipper. Frankly, I don't want media to lean one way or the other. I want it to be, what it's supposed to be, the watchdog providing us with unbiased information, presented factually as who, when, where, what and leave the why to the viewer. The closer the source is to that, the happier it makes me. A smarter move would be investing in an alternative to Fox News or making a centrist network, that would create a third party.

PS: And Fox news has dethroned ESPN, as the most watched cable channel. Fox has addressed employees about, President Donald Trump's executive order on immigration, saying immigration is strength. This proves that even Fox cannot be trusted 100%.

Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:44

Especially the case in the Philippines.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast