User Tag List

View Poll Results: Cibaeños, who overlaps with them?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Puerto ricans

42 77.78%
  • North Africans

15 27.78%
  • Venezuelans

20 37.04%
  • Colombians

17 31.48%
  • Cubans

26 48.15%
  • Panamanians

8 14.81%
  • Mexicans

4 7.41%
  • Costa Ricans

4 7.41%
  • Brazilians

21 38.89%
  • Others

10 18.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53

Thread: Cibaeños, who overlaps with them?2147 days old

Last Online
    2017-10-19 @ 12:39
    Dominican Republic Spain Santiago de los Caballeros France fleur de lis

Cibaenos from the town of Jarabacoa.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    CIVIS ROMANVS SVM
    Last Online
    @
    med - MENA
    Politics
    anti-growth
    Religion
    Physics

Quote Originally Posted by Persian_Otomi View Post
    They also could pass in North Africa primerly in Morocco, Tunisia and a smaller percentage in Egypt. Few looked Middle Eastern, less than 2% and there were in some occasions those who looked South Asian. It also has a population that could pass for mestizos.
    I don't see how that is possible. North Africans are very close to Middle Easterners (and vice-versa) phenotypically, especially Levantines and Arabians.
    Anyway, based on the pictures posted in this thread, I expected more familiar faces but only a minority look North African (the "whites" that don't look too European and the more mixed ones without obvious afro features) and as a group it's a very non-MENA bunch.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tsukonin For This Useful Post:

Semitic Duwa (2017-10-18)

Last Online
    Today @ 01:37
    R-L51
    mtDNA
    L1c2b1
    Race
    Triracial
    Metaethnos
    Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Phenotype
    Quadroon
    Spain Dominican Republic Ethiopia

what would these be labeled as atlantids, atlanto meds, and negroids mixed or something? perhaps maybe canarid and berberid

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:37
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    White-Brazilian
    Ethnicity
    Aesthetic
    Phenotype
    Alpine+NorthAtlantidCM
    Politics
    Separatism
    Italy Venice Brazil Germany imperial flag Holy Roman Empire Italy Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Montanini View Post
    Yeah I think especially in Natal, Rio Grande do Norte where many people (probably most) are more than 10% Amerindian and some of them are really up to 25% they look more tri-racial I agree, I think this protest (like the leftist protest) are at certain point representative of the local population, maybe even more than in some stadium's crowd. But the video in Salvador is probably more Euro than they are, in this case good part of lower-class segment aren't included (I think this could be representative: https://www.tonamega.com/pt-br/espor...72596836194362http://globoesporte.globo.com/ba/meg...onte-nova.html , https://www.tonamega.com/pt-br/espor...61164265284182 than in that video.

The lower-classes for Salvador are more or less 40-50% African/European and ~8% Amerindian but good amount of them looks Pred. African or even African, while only the upper class there is more White looking people than the average for Cibao maybe but it is just a guess. Mestizos exist in all places in Brazil and if they aren't local, they're migrant. Searching these videos I was looking for some Pred. Caucasian people with many Quadroons and Tercerones and some Whites that was I expect to be close to the Cibaeños if the average is around ~65/28/7.

They with this average could fit in Belo Horizonte and Rio too (that I think they are more in the 70% but neither Salvador is 65% too), but these cities both received a good amount of Europeans (Rio received two to three times more Europeans proportionally than Cuba for example) and they had many African before, so there are more extremes especially in Rio, but in Belo Horizonte too, pretty much some crowds that I think are very Euro for Latin America are possible in places like that: https://www.tonamega.com/pt-br/espor...18472406401956.

In places like Belo Horizonte and Rio it is normal find people with 90%+ (and fully Euro descent at some extent) Europeans and 90%+ Africans, that I don't think it is the case of Cibaeños where for pics they look more in the Quadroon spectrum (w/ some Whites and Mulattos). Individually they like all Dominicans (or other Latin Americans) could pass everywhere in Brazil.

So between Belo Horizonte and Salvador would be the best fit in Brazil. I would guess most Euro parts of Bahia State and Northern part of Minas Gerais.
    Checking again the thread of Bambui (South Minas), Salvador (Bahia).

Amerindian blood.

Salvador: 6.4% Amerindian
    Bambuí: 6.7% Amerindian

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Montanini For This Useful Post:

Bryan (Yesterday)

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:50
    Biracial
    Ethnicity
    Latino
    Dominican Republic United States

I remember seeing an study where the average in Salvador was something like 48%-52% African and 6%-7% Amerindian. That was pretty much the average for Santo Domingo in the last genetic study done in the DR.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bryan For This Useful Post:

Montanini (Today)

Last Online
    Today @ 01:37
    R-L51
    mtDNA
    L1c2b1
    Race
    Triracial
    Metaethnos
    Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Phenotype
    Quadroon
    Spain Dominican Republic Ethiopia

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I remember seeing an study where the average in Salvador was something like 48%-52% African and 6%-7% Amerindian. That was pretty much the average for Santo Domingo in the last genetic study done in the DR.
    mulatto with an amerindian component basically

right is dominican from azua, left venezuelan native

dominicans like this makes me wonder how much taino really did survive in the mountains

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:50
    Biracial
    Ethnicity
    Latino
    Dominican Republic United States

I don't see that much native in that kid to be honest. The old man looks Amerindian influenced though but it could also be pseudo look. Who knows.

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:37
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    White-Brazilian
    Ethnicity
    Aesthetic
    Phenotype
    Alpine+NorthAtlantidCM
    Politics
    Separatism
    Italy Venice Brazil Germany imperial flag Holy Roman Empire Italy Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    .. and you are right this test exist, but the samples were based on poor childrens with diarrhea. Similar test was done in Fortaleza too and the local where the samples were collect is from one place described as "painful Favela", so I wouldn't take this test as representative for all Salvador.

The Salvador-SCAALA project is a longitudinal study involving a sample of 1445 children aged 4–11 years in 2005, living in Salvador, a city of 2.7 million inhabitants in Northeast Brazil. The population is part of an earlier observational study that evaluated the impact of sanitation on diarrhea in 24 small sentinel areas selected to represent the population without sanitation in Salvador.
    http://www.nature.com/ejhg/journal/v...g2015187a.html

Also, the number of self-declared Blacks (especially Blacks) and Pardos in this test are way bigger than that the official census shows for the entire city. Also the few % of self-declared Whites there are more light mulattos and quadroons than actually Off-Whites and Whites, but Salvador has some "Whites" too, one example is Enock Boaventura Silva artist from Salvador 98% Caucasian and 2% Amerindian and the Paulista-Baiano Luiz Roberto de Barros Mott, also 98% Caucasian and 2% African.
    http://www.bbc.com/portuguese/brasil-36945257
    ... and they are common in the middle-upper and upper classes of the city, but in this test the most euro person was someone with only ~80% European. So...
    Last edited by Montanini; Today at 02:24.

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53